Why didn't 343 just not touch the Halo 2 Soundtrack?

I borrowed Halo Master Chief Collector Edition from my cousin recently cause i had been itching to play through Halo 2's campaign again. I've played through it so many times though, ALL the little differences stood out to me, and I feel like too much got changed/taken out to really feel like the original. In fact it feels kinda corrupted and incomplete.

Had to force the rest of the game down after that…Why didn't they leave the tracks in? Legality? I know its a petty thing to complain about but those songs did give the game alot of its charm, and taking them out just feels dirty.

Other urls found in this thread:

halo2vista.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why?

I really wanted to replay Halo 2, and i didn't want to give 343 any godamn money after seeing the coathanger-abortion that was Halo 4, so i borrowed it from my cousin.

I was gravely disappointing, but in retrospect i probably should have expected this.

I thought it would be a simple thing to reskin a game and leave everything else alone.

You always need to capitalize your "I"s.

Nope its my brothers. Also borrowed.

BECAUSE THEY'RE BAD DEVELOPERS YOU IMBECILE

Is this really the only reason? I mean…they had to at least kinda love the game in order to want to work on it…

There had to be some form of incentive for gutting a game like that.

They've had control of the halo franchise for five years and during which they haven't done a single thing right. I think it's far past the point for any pathos as to why or how they fucked it up for the twelfth time in a row. They're bad developers! Kill it and move on.

Because 343 are niggers and literally can't refuse to fuck with Halo because it's an established series of one of the only shooters that's actually console friendly and they couldn't not fuck halo up and make it more preferable to play on pc.
I mean for fucks sake, anyone that knows jack shit about halo and the developers who were really involved in the community from CE to Reach, knows their design philosophy and can tell you honestly why Halo 4 is a giant slap in the dick and all the books are shitty cockballs.

Nigga, do you own ANYTHING? Jesus. Like, I get not wanting to give them money, but you can buy that shit second hand private party.

What did you expect OP?
Halo died after Reach. 343 buttfucked the series and continue to use Masterchef as a cum-dumpster IP that they can profit off of.

You will never be able to experience the game for the first time ever again, and I'm sorry you made the mistake of picking up this 'remake'. But you should have know better than to expect anything but dissapointment.

I was comparing the remastered halo 2 cutscenes to the original after going back and beating it again. The remastered ones may look better, but they loose their charm and go for as many "epic shots" as they can

Fuck. Well now I know that ID's are IP based. Tried posting from my laptop hoping to shamelessly samefag.

But why? They could have just left it alone instead and wouldn't that have been LESS work?

I noticed that too. I fucking hated it when there would be a load screen just to watch Arbiter get in a banshee.

Because it's an established franchise that's is a placemark of console FPS design that learned that being slow and deliberate can make the format work as a console game, and they can be the FIRST to change it.

I actually have different ID's on laptop and PC

You all are retarded.

The reason those are changed is because the original songs were licensed from actual bands (incubus and breaking benjamin), and due to how stupid copyright laws are they weren;t allowed to reuse them for the remake.

You'll note that literally every other music track has a faithfully redone version except for those. Also, 343 isn't even the fucking ones who did the remaster, it was Saber Interactive.

Literally even just doing 3 minutes of research into google would have told you that.

A real shame the remake didn't keep the games faithful. At the very least, the original is easily accessible.

Whoops, part of my post got cut off

But of course, nobody wants to actually do research and get it right because then you couldn't push the "everything 343 does is shit" narrative.

H2A is actually one of the better remakes i've seen. They even went back and changed some of the things to what bungie intended to do but couldn't due to technical ristrcitions, like giving the gravemind teeth made of skulls and ribcages like in the concept art or changing the lighting in the underwater sections of regret and delta halo so you can actually see the underwater ruins.

I do agree that some of the camera angles in the redone cutscenes are questionable though, for the gravemind cutscene some of the camera shots show the entire body at once, which interferes with the feel of the original cutscene where you couldn't actually figure out what his whole body looked like.

5 actually has the second best multiplayer in the series behind 2, as well as the best forge.

The remake is faithful, OP is just an ignorant idiot.

halo's shit

Considering there is still a healthy buglist for MCC two years later, it's safe to say 343 is incompetent.

The only thing that looks better is the environments, the characters look shittier in my opinion.

I'm also fucking sick of that "depth of field beauty" fucking dog shit that's in ever single fucking game now. The first pic in is exactly what I mean, and NuDoom did it too. Its disgusting. Its why UE4 games look so off to me

sage for doublepost.

I want to believe some part in 343 loves Halo, they do some things I respect like aiming for a 60FPS all the time and trying to go faster. But judging from what I hear it seems like they tried to force too much story into 4 and QTE moments instead of gameplay, it seems like they didn't have a plan outside of keeping Halo alive.

ARs were added since there were in halo 2's really old build but was cut

so where mongeese and gungeese

The hate boner for xbone is ridiculous at times That said MCC is total fucking garbage and its amazing how unplayable the games are in both SP and MP. Fucking xbox connect/xbox kai had better netplay then the Halo 1 remake.

How can you fuck up so hard?

OP is a faggot that can't fathom how much better Marty is

do you really miss this, OP?

Literally half of your post is just factually inaccurate, and you are mixing up the MP and SP portions of it, which are entirely different.

I actually do miss them being in engine, but due to how the remasters work, they'd have to not modify the animations then at all, which would look wonky as fuck with new models.

The CEA cutscenes look terrible when any character's mouth moves other then Johnson's due to that.

I don't think you've actually played MCC.

I bought it day 1, and even then, the singleplayer and MP worked flawlessly. If you load up any single player mission or any MP level locally, it works without much issues, with a few notable exceptions (3's forge lacking a menu, and some aim assist bugs in CE) The issue was the networking.

Matchmaking was fucked, co-op in the campaigns had lag and desync issues, the party system was just plain broken, etc. Those were mostly ironed out a few months after launch, the main issue now is just game population.

Considering how well they listened to feedback after the beta for 5, and how well they've done with 5's free DLC, I think it's clear that the issue is was just that as a new studio they fumbled a bit with 4 and then MCC's networking (the actual remasters were all done by contractors and as I say above, work fine). 5's MP is honestly some of the best in the series, same with the forge. The SP is still pretty bad though.

So they seem to slowly be improving. if 6's MP is just as good as 5's and it's SP is as good as 5's MP, 6 might actually be outright better then some of the original triology.

If H3 Anniv does come out, will you restart your failed machinima series?

What the literal fuck, MP was unplayable and the lack of support to this day sabotaged the game. The game has no population because 343 still haven't fixed the game, especially CE

I fucking HATE it when devs do this. Don't change the original game you scum. That's a reboot not a remaster.

Also

At least they didn't bring back the Reach armor for the Elites. God that shit was so gaudy and ugly. Granted that gaudy has always been the Covenant design philosophy, but it looked good and consistent in the original trilogy, while Reach just threw everything out the window with their terrible redesigns. Which is why I say, Reach is when halo went to shit, not 4 (and this is purely from a design and aesthetics standpoint, multiplayer is whole different argument while everyone knows Reach's campaign was shit).

It seems 343 learned from their mistakes (somewhat) in H2A by not over-writing the classic designs like what happened in CEA and instead enhancing them. Because the Elite designs in CEA made to imitate the Reach designs, were even uglier.

And at least the new Grunt and Jackal designs have stayed where they belong-OUT.

I think you need to actually go back and read that whole sentence, because what I said was true.

The actual content itself works and did work fine with a few exception, the networking is what was fucked, but even that's been pretty much fixed.

They changed the things to match what the devs originally wanted to do, but couldn't. That's a good thing.

also

Considering 5 has the best MP and gameplay the series has had since Halo 2, you should

one of you faggots host a goddamn Halo Online server already

I guess what matters mainly is that Halo improves, if they at least made decent multiplayer with free map support and the devs got used to working with the series, I guess its pretty good.

There is no depth of field in any of those pictures.

Wrong, when you switch to the original graphics it changes the music as well. At least it did when I played it.

>complaining about current year console rehash moneygrab when there is a PC version supporting high resolutions since 2007 (even works with DSFix for borderless fullscreen) and it has your precious shitty fagubus/brokeback benjamin songs on there untouched, AND has project cartographer multiplayer to replace shitty GFWL servers that were shut down and even runs on WinXP with some coaxing

underage pls go

Does it work well on Windows 7? Also is there a magnet link or something for Halo 2 PC? Kinda in the mood for it, especially if it runs at higher framerates.

I have not run it on W7 myself but halo2vista.com has a "Windows 7 fix" in their downloads section so I presume that would help make it run smoothly.

Getting it, there's a share thread but I'll spoonfeed, check igg-games, theisozone, and even just use your torrent client's built-in search function (if your client is not gay that is).

also some relevant framerate trivia:

Is IGG a pretty good site to get games? All I use is emuparadise.

in my experience it is, I have only downloaded a couple games from there but there were no problems, they seem good for recent releases while isozone is very well covered on the retro front. Between those two sites you can get tons of shit without ever opening a torrent client.

I don't think you understand how fucked copyright law is.

yes, it's entirely possible that MS could have re-liscensed them but the bands were asking for too much. But it's way, way more likely that it was legally impossible for it to be licensed or Xbox as a company has policies that don't allow it.

Liscensing agreements are fucking nightmares of conditions and beueaceratic bullshit, it's incredible common for them to be worded poorly and for it to fuck people over,even the original company that was liscensing it, many years later.

For example, the band may not even own the rights to the song, it could be a music publisher, and that publisher may not be in buissness anymore so the song could be in legal limbo. Or the liscensing contract could have mentioned a specific person as part of the original agreement and they were required to be consulted for it to be renweed and that person could have died, etc.

Look at what's going on with Marvel and Sony with X-men. Despite marvel owning the characters, they can't use them in movies because of a poorly written liscense with sony over the movies from a decade ago.

I'm not wrong, but you aren't either: The original graphics do still contain the original music. I would assume that's because the original liscense probably said it could freely be re-used for any re-releases of the game, but new games using them would have to be re-lisensed, and legally, the old graphics count as a re-release wheras the new ones don't.

Yeah, it is, but so is copyright law in general.

The Remaster litterally runs the same code as the PC version at 1080/60fps, just with optional new graphics and music, and without the vista's port bullshit

Project cartographer is great, and I play it fairly often, but the vista version is still buggy even with it and it's a pain to set up: Installing it actually makes the campaign basically unplayable, and considering H2 has my favorite campaign, that meant I needed to install Halo 2 twice on two different hard drives and only apply cartographer to one of them.

Like it or not, The MCC version is honestly the best version of Halo 2 as of now. I'm not saying it's worth buying an xbone for or anything, but don't delude yourself into thinking that the MCC port is a shitty rehash or whatever.

That's wrong though, every single part of MCC is also 60fps.

someone who's not me should really update halopedia with that then.

Swords lost that little flash when you turn them on, it's fucking aggravating. That's not counting the fact that 343 don't seem to know what lighting is in any of their games.

Well theoretically that's true.
But I did manage to get halo 2 to drop to 45 fps by putting every vehicle in a single level together and shooting them with scarab-smgs

Am I the only one who finds elites cute?

No

I'm not going to bother but good on you for knowing Halopedia is the good halo wiki and not the Wikia site

So where's our Halo Online server? Do people still play Halo 1 and 2 on PC?