ITT: Games with a refreshing/original art style

ITT: Games with a refreshing/original art style

Other urls found in this thread:

docprop.bandcamp.com/track/desolate-awakening
docprop.bandcamp.com/track/an-epic-conquest
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It had okay art, but the whole idea of the game was ripped off of Haven and Hearth. It's like a super watered down version of it that you can play by yourself.

I'd say Cave Story but it spawned the most cancerous developers that this industry has ever witnessed.

Not so much an art style but Kane and Lynch 2 had a neat style to it where it tried to make it look like the game was being filmed.

Starsector.

Yeah it's pretty solid

HnH was great pre-LP gain change, back in 2010, when it could still be played as a video game and not a scavenger hunt.

It's pretty good.

Kindly remove yourself from the genetic pool, fellow user.

Don't Starve/Together is probably one of the best "survival crafting" games, and it's pretty original. Though I haven't figured out if there's any real endgame or not.

Put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger as many times as you can.

I liked the art in Fran Bow.

Windy Waku also has wonderful art style. Steambot Chronicles is also fantastic with it's cell shaded style and 20's America aesthetic and architecture, if only it didn't run at -20fps and have loading screens everywhere.

While being a tripfag is pretty bad, you're an idiot for thinking that 2d is anything bad. Unless you want to agree that violent vidya makes you a murderer.

Tell that to columbine kids. The killers learned to do headshots from playing doom, I remember the news saying it.

Apparently you have to start with harsher games.

You guys should calm down tbh.

This. Video games are degenerate and I can't wait until Trump bans them

I have more of these.

What the fuck?
What sorcery is this?

Thanks.

Shit thread btw.

He used a filter to select the guy's tripcode and avoid seeing his posts. Pretty simple to understand, zero sorcery involved.

He's still make Anime real, right? I want to fuck a mushi.

No I mean that tripfag's post don't even exist. I don't even have him on my filters but all of his posts are gone despite still having a link to them.
I'm so fucking confused.

You may have tripcodes filtered by default. It's for the best.

I had a blank filter for name on my filters, it was that. Interesting hough, they've changed filters so that it removes the post entirely instead of just hiding the post but still having the name, date, post number, replies, etc line all still visible.

WE

paper mario games and yoshis island/story come to mind

ἦμεν

Not bad, now it's like the fuckers don't even exist. Or it would be if everyone stopped replying to them.

I didn't know haven and hearth invented the concept of not starving

find maxwell's door

Klei are probably SJWs but I don't buy Hitbox team being also SJWs. And DF is far from a shit game you faggot.

Never seen anything saying they were SJW's. Post proof.

Also the game is good regardless.

Fuck off with the falseflagging

There are zero black people in Don't Starve, so I don't believe you.

It's supposed to look like pottery, you idiot.

Ballpoint universe has outstanding artstyle and music.
docprop.bandcamp.com/track/desolate-awakening
docprop.bandcamp.com/track/an-epic-conquest

Too bad actual gameplay and plot isn't that interesting. I wish the guys who made it found a good game designer for their next project.

The Void, if you count 3d graphics.

What's original or refreshing in copying tim burton's shit scribbles? It's a good game but nothing original on graphics.

Hylics has a cool art style

How is klei sjws?
What did they do?

That one looks gorgeous

My favorite game to sink 3 hours into and have it all be worthless in the end because of the steep learning curve.

and then it gets pathetically easy because you know everything

That was a joke based on pottery art drawing people using black, autist.

Isn't there a spider guy?

Creating a Tim Burton movie in form of a game is not refreshing at all.

You can grind for rare items like the krampus sack

The thread is just about art direction and isn't talking about the game as a whole. Besides, why would you hate something based on its origin? It doesn't change the final product. You're like a Jew who refuses to even sit in Volkswagen cars because they think that's overtly justifying Hitler.

The art for Don't Starve was horrendous. If I wanted "le gothic" I would watch a shitty movie from the cancer that is Tim Burton.

Banner Saga animations and soundtrack always reminds me of epic Ralph Bakashi movies. They were truly masterpieces of that time.

ENDUT!
HOCH HECH!

I hate waiting

What the hell was that?