Daily reminder that Half Life 3 will be a Vive exclusive

Daily reminder that Half Life 3 will be a Vive exclusive

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Od674
archive.is/KqUYP
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that it won't and you are wrong.

Good, that way I won't feel regret over not giving a shit about it

Oh I get it, because it's a virtual reality, not an actual one.
Just move the fuck on

NEVER EVER

/thread

I never cared about Half Life or any of valve's franchises

How does it feel that Half Life 3 will NEVER happen?
How does it feel to be a shitposting loser who still thinks his meme game will come out?

>With no new weapons

I don't think Valve have the capabilities to make a HL3. If they do they'll fuck it up, so they're just sitting on the cliffhanger HL2E2 left so that people still talk about the franchise

That ship sailed man.
The latest Valve could have saved it was around 2013 at the very latest by announcing it and they blew it. Even if it does happen, nobody will care or want it. Half Life 2 will forever be a blackmark on Valve's now tarnished legacy.

Even the Black Mesa guy's at least shoved out BM albeit 9/10 of it finished.

Wait wasn't it supposed to be a surprise announcement along with steam mach-I mean VR?
hahahahhhaahhha I would laugh for days if gaben bumbled his fat ass on stage to grovel for people to care about HL3 again

Its weird, Rockstar at least makes games and still make loads of money from them, but Valve just sits on their asses and makes revenue from Steam and cosmetics, but yet they still want more money with less work like with the paid mods/sprays fiasco.

Pick one

The difference there is that Rockstar doesnt hold a de facto monopoly on the PC market.

But they're still a monolith, so much so that they can easily rival EA and Activision. Plus they at least port shit, Valve is too lazy to even do that now.

I'd imagine it has something to do with their work enviornment, with the rolling desks and "make your own groups" and such. All the pajeets that work there would rather huddle around figuring out ways to get Valve discounts on free air than actually make anything.
IIRC most of the entire Half Life team is gone.

They're still a monolith because they make games, and they make games because they have to in order to make money. Valve makes millions every month doing absolutely fucking nothing. Any future game released by Valve will not be developed in-house; they haven't made a game since 2011, and if the rumors of their office is true that's probably a good thing. It's a fucking shame, really; All I ever wanted from them is L 4 D 3.

Has it been that long already?

Halflife VR is a separate project with its own SteamDB ID
OP it seems you are trying to upset people on the internet may I be of assistance?

Don't care

what rumors?

Daily reminder that the Half Life series is overrated.

Do not care, there's better, faster, stronger stuff to come.

Half-Life 3 could have helped Steam boxes and Steam OS, but I guess that would be too much work for the heebs at Valve.

you can try to rationalize it all you want, u jus mad u aint havez it

Valvedrones are still holding on to the HL3 meme?
Man, remember when that retard kept posting the john lennon image with "2016" and promising that HL3 would be announced this year?
It's never, never, ever happening

They've got 3 virtual economies raking in money for literally nothing. They have the most profitable PC game distributor. They have no reason to make games ever again, other than some updated versions of older titles just to rake in more money from skins and hats.

what about for fun?

Our Market Research has shown that Fun is no longer profitable

that was a biased study lobbied by old men who hate fun

Why waste money on making things when you can make money for free by having other people make things for you?

carmack is amusing sometimes

I've lost all interest at this point.

Would preorder

checked

Last game they made was Portal 2, released in 2011. CS:GO was developed by Hidden Path. who then just handed the code over to Valve.

How their office is complete anarchy with no supervisors or any sign of structure. I know it's pretty much confirmed that that's how their office is, but I still say "rumor" because I cannot bring myself to believe that such chaos could exist in a company.

It gets so much worse than that. Because there is no explicit command structure they have formed unofficial cliques around social issues. With everyone walking on eggshells constantly as not to piss off the one with the hire/fire power.

archive.is/Od674
archive.is/KqUYP

It will never be made, there is no point. Better to keep it as a meme for PR purposes. Valve woln't gain anything from releasing HL3, it's impossible for HL3 to not be disappointing and even if it was a fairly successful game it's just one game they get 100% in addition to 30% they get on all of them and all the microtransactions and all the pennies they shave every time good goys use the marketplace collecting tax in perpetuity from people trading goods they invented.

Internally the Vive is also considered a hat. Was watching some Steam dev thing on steamvr hardware and their ASIC chip that sits besides the light sensor was given the production name "HATS".

This

The winter sale is still coming, right? Besides the year is not over yet

He said it was happening at E3 so he's still wrong regardless.

I just found out the vive requires a steam account

Why? It's a piece of fucking hardware. Is there not a hack to get around that?

HL2 was a glorified tech demo also main game was casualized and cancer

Why would anyone want HL3 at this point?

How can you even be remotely proud of yourself if you have never played HL1….

Half life while technically impressive at the time, is pretty overrated shit tbh fam

If you consider HL as overrated, how fucking high do you set your standards for a video game? Wtf man…

What's wrong with it?

Have you missed all the faggots who still cry about half-life 3? All the dick sucking of this game and it's "interactive cinematic experience"? The same franchise that inspired a shitload of developpers to use that sluggish transition between gameplay and cinematics? This franchise? not fucking overrated?

How can you miss that? But unlike you, I don't care about the opinion of these hipsters at all. And I stay with my opinion, if you consider HL as overrated, and especially HL1, your expectations of what a video game has to be are way too high.

The vive is not going to be anything anyway, so not surprising a rumor that will never come to be will be on vr that is not taking off yet.

By your logic every vidogame is shit. Pretty much any game that is barely good has poorly made copies.

Now that is the definition of NEVER EVER. Seriously, they should've never done the episodic shit and could've ended it on a solid note since game 2.

Because Valve is a privately owned company and, while profit is a motivational factor, it is not the ruling iron fist like with publicly traded companies like jewgle, fuckbook, EA, ubisoft, etc. Basically, Valve is one of the few companies in the world who can afford to do whatever the fuck they like.

Fucking liar