Devil May Cry/general cuhrayzee thread along with thinly-veiled tech support: Got a Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 and AMD...

Devil May Cry/general cuhrayzee thread along with thinly-veiled tech support: Got a Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 and AMD FX-8320 which ran the game beautifully on high settings at constant 120 FPS, all of one time. Every time after that, the game stutters every ten seconds on the nose; performance test and Steam both report the FPS halves for a split second, during which the game near-freezes, plays catch-up at hyperspeed, then goes back to normal. I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on because this problem doesn't crop up with vanilla DMC4 to any capacity regardless of DX9 or DX10, or with absolutely any other game. The only other advice I can find on the matter is Steam Forum threads saying to turn on Vsync or make sure my GPU is the default display device in Nvidia control centers, neither of which are helpful and the latter for obvious reasons.

Any of you got a suggestion?

Fuck, I could've sworn I put DMC4SE as the subject but I guess I didn't.

Generally when this happens, it could be your hard drive performance. Bottleneck on whatever file i/o operation the game is doing.

In case anyone who's interested doesn't know yet, the new version of DMC3 style switcher has been out for a while and it completely fixes all the music-related issues the port had. I can actually the game at 60FPS without stuttering now.

CHURAYZEEE!?

have you tried unparking the CPU cores?

Kek. Worst genre.

Where's your motivation?

The shit you can do with frame perfect stingers is just unreal.

Impressive

PC versions requires two pieces of software to get DMC 3 working I mean I could just emulate it and I keep forgetting this but I bought the HD collection for my PS3 as well and I'm too lazy to set it up.

What's on the horizon for cuhrayzee games other than Nier Automata?

It's disappointing that Vergil can be such a fleshed out character with only one style, as an afterthought no less, whilst Nero feels very lackluster in comparison.

I wish quicksilver was in DMC4. It wouldn't even need to be it's own style, it could have just been a simultaneous button press like Vergil's judgement cut end from DMC4SE.

We Shall Wake I guess? I think that might be a long way to go though.
I'd like to know this too. Bumping.

We Shall Wake will probably be a thing in 2020

How do I get 3's PC version working nice?

Am I an idiot for never realizing you could hit those projectiles back?

Since I made the thread somehow the issue fixed itself, just a few hours ago I loaded it up to fiddle with it some more and suddenly it ran perfectly fine. No idea what the hell was wrong or why it was behaving like that.

Neat, I need to give that a download then. Still got the old Style Switcher rattling around.

Style Switcher mod and some mild prayer.

got any sources?

should i play dmc with a keyboard?
or should i invest into building a stick?

It's something you should play with a proper controller, I can't imagine how much of a nightmare trying to play it with an arcade-style stick would be. Keyboard's manageable but really awkward going by DMC3.

Is it even possible to play DMC3 on PC with keyboard and mouse?

Not unless you played the first game.
You should've figured it out with Cerberus, though.

Why can't they just call the function that is called when you use the cronus key?

Yes, but forget doing crazy combos like in these videos. Really, get a controller if you're going to play these types of games.

So what are the PC cuhrayzee options that aren't fucking ports? This genre is really drying up lately

/r/'ing the best cuhrayzee rec chart with NGB and Bayonetta at the top.