Fire when empty

Why do even "realistic" games get this stuff horribly wrong?

I can forgive the last one, as animations I guess take time but the rest should be have been a standard or something, shit is wrong too often
And it's because either the japanese or lazy people

the only retard here is you for continuing to play these games

You're a homo, op.

no

rip

How would you integrate putting your finger on the trigger into the game? Have a dedicated button to prepare to fire, with a risk of firing in error if you don't take your finger off?

inb4 all the nofuns come out o defend this

yet apply the same logic to racing games and these same people completely change faces

This is just some autistic immersion shits, but it's simple: have the finger moves to the trigger guard after 3-5 seconds of not firing. The transition from finger-on-guard to trigger squeezing is so small it might as well be skipped anyway.

JUST

to bad its shit

whats the GAYME

Expected the kitten to slammed with the hammer, not actually something cute.

Why does the only game with a satisfying cripple system has mostly robot enemies?

Bullet Girls 2.

What the fuck are you even trying to imply here? Do you even know your terminology?

Has there ever been a game that gets this right?

It's a /k/ meme, friendo. gun = fun

Yes, it's extremely autistic

why even play

Fallout 4 actually has a great locational damage system, non-lethal dismemberment and all with Ghouls.

Really? C-can you shoot an enemy's dominant arm off and make him incapable of using firearms?

You're the one that went horribly wrong :)

I think, ye

You can cripple their limbs so that they can't use their guns, but the living dismemberment is really only a thing with ghouls unfortunately. The game is complete shit from an RPG standpoint, but the gunplay is solid so as long as you treat it like borderlands with less memes, it's okay.

Thanks todd.

Nice, I might pirate it again.
Are there any mods to fix the shit damage though?
I remember playing up to the deathclaw part and just standing on some place where it couldn't reach me and shooting it for a good 5 minutes.

realistic is just a theme

i like to think that i'm not super autistic but this one thing bothers me like crazy in all games. no matter what army you're fighting for they fuckin tell you to save those things, you never know when you'll need one

I don't know, I pirated it and beat it on release and haven't touched it since, so I haven't been keeping up with the mod scene.

Because game mechanics, OP.
A gun is essentially a tool for the player avatar to interact with the world. You don't interact with the tool, nor is the tool ever the focus of the game. It's how the tool affects the world around you that matters.

For that matter, guns can be described as easily as having a container with a certain number of bullets. You can disperse them at diferent speeds to apply an effect around you.
The accurancy of the representation of the tool has no bearing on the effects it provokes in the world around your avatar.

The infamous (bullet in the chamber) is a detail that bears little to no impact in-game. An automatic rifle that can shoot 31 bullets does not provide you with such an overpowering advantage over an automatic rifle that can "only" shoot 30 bullets. It's kinda like those +1% buffs in RPG's, where people don't really bother with them unless you can stack a ton of them to get +70% or something.

When you design a game, some details have a high-level of impact but are quick and easy to make. Like shooting the fishtanks in Splinter Cell. Allmost all TECHNOLOGY moments are fun silly things that don't take long to code and are mostly done by bored coders when the artfags aren't yet done with something they need.

On the other hand, something like representing the accurate firing mechanism of a gun will offer little improvement (gun still shoots bullets anyway) for a lot of work. Work that needs to get paid by someone who will not be pleased to spend some several thousand dollars on minor stuff.

On the other hand, games that praise themselves on being "reallistic" SHOULD put effort in such things since that's pretty much their only selling points. And they frequently don't.

SO DO YOU FAGGOT.
I KNOW YOU DON'T PRACTICE DISCIPLINE WITH THAT LMB.

This is even worse. Do they think it's a safety?

I was about to agree with you, but then I looked down and suddenly realized that I rest my index finger on top of the mouse wheel when I'm not actively clicking or about to click something.

I have motherfucking mouse trigger-discipline. Worship me.

wwwww