So anyone still plays cheeki-breeki simulator?

So anyone still plays cheeki-breeki simulator?
I've put more than 75 hours into the game and it feels like I've done it all.
From repairing vehicles to seeing the whole map there's actually little left to do.
Trying to not kill everyone on sight is pretty much pointless as the game doesn't offer any real challange except pvp and tedious inventory management.
I could see some potential if they'd implement a day/night system like in dying light where zombies are actually posing a threat, but with the way it is now its probably going to stay dull.

Your thoughts?

It's shit

Also, combat is a fucking joke. The whole game should not have been made on the Arma engine. I don't know about you, but I think the realoding system is what is essentially making this game such a chore. There's no point in forcing a player to chamber every fucking round and reload his gun manually.
Movement is clunky at best and feels stiff. Fighting against people or Zombies with melee or fists makes Skyrim look like a good game.
And the whole loot system is a mess. Finding stuff on a 225 km² map shouldnt be that hard and what bothers me the most ist, that for some reason everything is damaged. All the vehicles are damaged and their batterys get easily broken. So much for being Day "Zero". How much time has it really been? A few days, months? Clothes and escpecially cars dont just start to rot that quickly. It's like a bunch of ideas are being thrown at the game with no real concept of direction. I guess the guy who made the mod didn't really think he'd get to make his own game. Getting hungry and thirsty is out of proportion. As if the character can't be satisfied for a few hours, consdering how the time system works.

No, I'm not underage.

A shitton of missed potential was what this game ended up being in my opinion.

I used to play this, as well as the mod, a bunch with my friend and others that we would scoop up, usually having a group of somewhere around 2-5. The main problem is that it can take roughly up to 8 hours to get everyone setup and have a chance to not get shot on sight by Ivan Ivanovsky & the rest of slavland. That said, I have had great times, especially so in the mod playing different maps (lingor and namalsk especially), where we would try to get a vehicle repaired, looking around for parts, get the tension of not getting shot in the process, and get rewarded with a tour of whatever godforsaken wasteland we happened to be exploring at the time. The times that cool stuff like that happened, or just meeting up with random people who didnt shoot you on sight (granted it's extremely rare), serve as just really nice comfy memories. As to whether or not that handful of good experiences is worth the 250 or so hours put into it is up for debate. Personally, it was fun, but there was so much more that was promised that just never happened. Also the AI will never be good, melee combat will never be good, and finding everything for a working decent gun will never not be a slog.

there you go, every single game of dayz ever.

That's a really weird way of spelling Stalker.

I keep meaning to, but theres always something else I want to play at the time.

Get gud faggot.

Also, it's idiotic to go and try to find military gear, if not for the exploration alone. Military guys are Kos, and primo targeto in slavland. Better to find a decent rifle, or mp4 and start hunting other players. Much funner. Very intense gameplay too, since you have hours invested into a roguelike session, and any misstep can lead to lost hours. Sucks they removed auto spawning cars in the standalone though, I hate how you have to repair every single one and cant just find one and go trucking along with pals.

If you're getting sniped, you're doing it wrong. I repeat.
Get
Gud
FAGGOT

in all honesty the game is so terrible i never even bothered to try and get good at it. i'll leave it for the tryhard tweens who populate literally every single server

The game hasn't been good since the first couple months of the mod. Once DayZ commander and SixLauncher and all the other shit caused CODkiddies to flood in, it was pretty much doomed. It's also sad that what remains of the mod is STILL better than anything the standalone has put out in….what, close to 3 years now?

I've played a shit tonne, but it's been a chore ever since alpha.

The biggest danger is starvation, for fucks sake. I didn't sign up for a Somalia simulator. Can't be arsed to get the arma mod up and running again.

I think some priorities got misplaced here.

They were actually a threat when the mod first came out, even if it was partially due to bad decisions. They didn't see well at first (and not at all during night), but they had good hearing - crawling was mandatory in towns, and especially without third person servers, trying to sneak around in pitch black was one of the most stressful things the game ever had. If you ever aggro'd a zombie, it would NEVER stop chasing you, meaning silenced weapons were a huge help. You had common weapons that you could find in every deer stand or barn, but getting the good stuff meant traversing zombies AND players simultaneously.

I remember when daring to use the Enfield would get about 30 zombies chasing after you. It would oneshot most players, but put you in such a risky position afterwards. But no, they stripped out pretty much all of the zombie elements, catered to the CoD/halo crowd, and never actually added any new features into the game like bases and factions.

no

I have at least a thousand hours in the mod and mods of the mod, me and my friends had some good times there.

but we havent realy played the standalone since it came out. it was just underwealming in every way. i mean the mod was a glitchy piece of shit in almost every way, but at least it felt like something thats complete. standalone just doesnt feel worth playing.
but it looks like they are finaly getting their shit together.
the new renderer looks pretty good and makes dayz the first bohemia interactive game tht actualy runs well. and it looks like there are finaly acceptable amounts of zombies around. who knows maybe its actualy worth playing in half a year or so.

Played about 6 hours when SA came out. Tried again this week.
Just got Arma 3 to try epoch.

It's quite fucking ironic when a free early access rip-off made by a single student is better than this high-budget piece of anus cashgrab.

smooth af

They seem a bit like Mojang - not enough skill to actually fix anything so they keep adding shit for extreme meme streamers.

They won't release server files/mod tools because if they do, some amateurs will fix their broken mess and expose their uselessness. I don't blame them. I'd be milking that dry too.

That's Stalker, not this piece of shit.

I gave up when the game still ran like shit and zombies completely dissapeared after all the updates

Obligatory.

is it worth a single cent?

I remember how many servers I script bombed, breaking everyones legs, giving everyone AS50's, spawning helicopters and airplanes and flying them into buildings. Thunderdome script for NWAF was funny too. Found loads of other hackers. In the short time I cheated on standalone, a good 10% of players I approached were also cheating.

DayZ is an autism simulator, not a game. Like most stuff that all the normalfags have swarmed on now to kill video games for good.

If it's not non-games, ithen t's "whack-a-mole".

They took zombies out of the game for about a year and a half. That's all you really need to know about it.