Did you boys know ultrasound (sound so high in frequency humans cant hear it) can trigger nerve endings in the brain...

did you boys know ultrasound (sound so high in frequency humans cant hear it) can trigger nerve endings in the brain. and if you project regular audio onto an ultrasound beam you can project that audio like a flashlight projects light but that can stretch for miles.
yes indeed, it has for near 20 years been theoretically possible to remote control another human being with sound from a satellite in space, and you heard it here first.

in vidya news, "VR" is still just a pair of two screens strapped to your face like a pair of goggles.

Other urls found in this thread:

media.8ch.net/brownpill/src/1433783228977.mp4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_expansion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_sound#/media/File:Speed_of_sound_in_dry_air.svg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You got some citations or are you just spouting bullshit?

Literally "AIDS: The OP."

why don't you project your benis into my angus

it makes me wonder if theres a visual version of the mosquito noise
like a certain part of the spectrum thats really unpleasant for young people to see that older people lose the ability to

inb4 thats seinfeld

He's a retard who think a Satellite in space can transmit sound (which can only travel through a medium for the retards browsing 8ch) so apart from a 20+ year old pure html page written in bright blue and red, he probably doesn't have any.

A lot off things could change electronic signals in nerves that pretty much controls human being.

Problem is you cannot just skip how you will to use any of such forces to control electrical current with any precision and we have no fucking idea how our brain works exactly.

Uh, yeah VR is only two screens in an HMD. That's all it's ever been. VR is a display option, nothing more.

FOUR DIMENSIONAL TIME CUBE

>>>/fringe/

Can regular headsets produce infrasound? Because from my understanding, infrasound (or at least certain frequencies within it) make the brain shit bricks for one reason or another - imagine you could combine that effect with a semi-decent horror game.

You can propel a wave of air through space.

Air is a physical object, the vibrations of sound aren't, they pass through a physical object, the vacuum of space doesn't have enough matter in it for the sound wave to travel through.

The sound wave is an air wave. Sound is the motion of air. If you can move air through space, you can move sound through space.

I imagine it as being akin to shooting pool; billiard balls being our analogue for air:

It doesn't matter that there is not a line of balls for the force of the cue ball's motion to travel through. It still is propelled through the void and continues the wave on the other end when it hits.

No this is wrong, the sound does not take the form of air, the air doesn't move for the sounds duration.

This is why sound can move through solids. The vibration of the sound passes from each molecule to the next like when you shake a blanket, the part that you shake doesn't move to the end, the vibration is carried through it.

Okay, more accurately, sound is a wave through some medium, I'll admit.
But my analogy doesn't change just because maybe there's a ball in the middle that's made of a different material, or not ball-shaped at all.

In a vacuum, it does. There is nothing to resist its motion, so it travels as far as the force applied to it can push it.

I understand what you're trying to say here, but the type of wave you see in a blanket while shaking it is different from the type of wave that's created by sound.
You're talking about a wavy shape (I think; I don't mean to misrepresent your argument. I'm sorry if I misunderstand), and I'm talking about a wave of force.

Kill yourself.
>>>/x/

Now, let me be clear, I'm not saying that all sound moves through space unhindered; far from it.

I'm saying that if you go very close to the edge of our atmosphere and SHOUT as loud as you can, you'll create a sound wave through air. Air molecules will push each other like a long newton's cradle toy, and the ones on the utmost edge of the atmosphere will be thrust out into space. Not very far, of course, since the amount of force created by a human's shout is pretty small; and certainly not for very long, since gravity will quickly pull them right back in.

If there were an ear placed just right, close enough for its tiny bones to be hit by the air molecules, it would be registered as sound. So if we just extrapolate that a little bit, we can imagine a louder sound pushing the outer air molecules further. And if we get a sound loud enough, maybe some other cool stuff is possible.

Though I'll be the first to admit that I'm an uneducated dimwit and I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I'm just speculating, and I'm perfectly okay with being proven wrong.

Isn't the principle the same, though? Air doesn't travel from A to B carrying sound with it in normal cases, too.

Calling it a wave of "force" sounds wrong. Energy is what's traveling, not force. Also, he's not talking about the shape at all, he's just using the blanket as an example of how waves travel.

I don't think that air is going to start flying off into space just because you screamed profanities at the sky. And even if it did, I somehow doubt it'd carry the sound with it. Furthermore, your theory is about sound coming from space going to Earth, but your example is coming from Earth going to space. Does the satellite have an air pocket that it screams out of to send air bubbles of sound at Earth?

Reported for being another drop bait & go OP.

We need another purge.

Have you taken the brown pill yet, mateys?

it's a tough pill to swallow! The brown pill was founded in 1999 by Sir Reginald Brownpill, who presents and narrates the attached video.

media.8ch.net/brownpill/src/1433783228977.mp4

Forget red and blue pills, brown pills are the way of the future.

Video related. Please leave your questions, comments, and concerns below about this radical new paradigm of thinking!

Swallow the brown pill today! Red pills are for fedora fucking wearing faggots, blue pills are for the ignorant masses. Ignore the other le epin Holla Forums maymays, this one is the real deal.

i know

I once jerked off to the idea of futa Yuuki impregnating Asuna. And I don't even like futa or SAO.

Air expands to fill the available space, making it very diffuse and cold at the same time.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_expansion
Guess how that affects sound propagation in it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_sound#/media/File:Speed_of_sound_in_dry_air.svg

The air "carries" the sound with it since the sound you hear is literally air pressure acting on the tiny bones in your ear. If you are moving a gas through space, and that gas ends up going into someone's ear, they will hear its sound.

And I'm not OP, I don't care what he has to say about satellites. My only argument was with the person saying that sound cannot travel through space.

Explain how would you move a gas? With a shock front? Then turbulences would drown the sound you want to carry over in their noise.

I don't want this thread to die, I want more people to see how stupid OP is.