Shit dungeons

Did I miss anything about this game, got 3 dungeons in and said fuck this boring shit.

The fuck is this game?

no fucking way

Mind = 0 for PS vita, a dungeon crawler for the vita

The only worth dungeon rpg for vita is DungeonTravelers2, maybe MeiQ too and the upcoming MarySkelter.
The sequel for DT2 is coming next year.

Most dungeon crawlers on Vita are absolute trash.
Its just a new low effort cash cow by lazy hacks to peddle their shitty fetishes and generic plots because VNs don't have the same appeal now.

Excuse me?

Well ain't that some shit.
I actually liked the fake monster girl one Moe Chronicles (not the best dungeons but they were fine and the combat was well functional) and thought that was a ok sign of the dungeon crawler quality but playing that and seeing this is a wall.
A wall because even if I was to look up the games the reviewer would probobly suck the games dick for having their new waifu or something and never talk about how the dungeons and combat are.

>tumblr roleplay icons

Just a profile picture I cropped from ms paint, that's why the file name is qwfqegqgqfwqwffqwqfw.

Kadokawa supervised the localization, NISA wasn't allowed to fuck it up

This, even the critically acclaimed JRPG's are shit by most standards. I don't know what people ever saw in them.

nothing, it's shit. don't fall for the "gravity rush is a great game!" too. The only reason people like it are for the 3 girls in the game.

It's just not your taste, I don't know what more to tell you.

Water is wet and the sky is blue. Just sell your shitty handheld and play western games, weeb.

you're right because I play video games.

Same but I don't wanna play something that involves much button input on a portable unless it's a game I already love, dungeon crawlers are something cozy when done right on a portable.
When are they going to put DMC3 or God Hand on vita would be a good question.

Nope its forgettable and not very good

Remember to report goon posts like this btw

Reported.

Better play Skyrim or Gone Home am I right fellow western man?
We are not ugly women jealous of jrpg 2D girls shilling on Holla Forums, not at all!

What does this even mean? You would think it means relaxing but dungeon crawlers are the opposite of casual (most at least) so do you mean that the game is much preferable to play on handhelds or the controls are easy to handle?

Demon Gaze is very barebones in both mechanics and Dungeon designs. Classes have no variety to their builds, Gazers are stuck being tank or luck builds, and most if the game is plainly too easy. I don't hate it, but it doesn't compare to DT2. I hope DG2 is better though.

Localization is fine. Buy used or pirate if you don't want to give them money.

Id assume that what he means by cozy
I like handheld dungeon cralwers they are good to play in bed with 1 eye open listening to audiobooks
Even the harder ones

When you're playing a dungeon crawler, It's more comfortable to have it on a platform that I can play it without being glued to the same screen.

On a late night Thursday train, stops 3 hours away, heating is blasting, you might just be the only passenger, boot up that portable dungeon crawler and you will understand the true meaning of cozy.

Unless it's fucking shit like Mind 0

you're full of shit. most of those games are also getting sequels that are already out in japan or coming out and either are or seem even better.

If you want something that's fast paced and full of action, there's Arcana Heart 3 Love Max and Ys Memories of Celceta. Love Max is a fighter, a hard and complex one at that. Ys is an action RPG that's pretty difficult, keeps you on your toes, and has great music. Vid related is AC3LM at high level play.

I see what you mean. They don't require sound so I play them when I want to listen to a new album.

Well Mind 0 is a Persona clone, which is terrible when it comes to trying to be a lite dungeon crawler its self. Honestly if you asked around the Vita thread most people would have pointed you to Dungeon Travelers 2.

Despite how lewd it is, it has fantastic gameplay and the difficulty curve goes from brain dead easy to ball busting hard. It will start off being so easy that anyone new to a dungeon crawler will not feel threatened. Then it slowly teaches you new mechanics (combat and dungeon wise) while throwing tougher enemies and situations at you. By the third half of the game, common battles can get you killed if you over estimate them or prioritize killing the wrong enemy. Certain floors or dungeons counter certain team builds so you'll constantly be switching team members and classes to suit the situation. And the coolest thing is all the combat mechanics they teach you were always there from the beginning, but you would never notice it most of the time if you don't experiment.

But how do those games compare to other dungeon crawlers like Ultima Underworld, Wizardry or Elminage? Just asking since I haven't played those and may do so some day.

Nigger those are 4 games in a sea of shit like criminal girls moe blob edition.
Not to mention out of those 4 the only one that holds any cadence as a competent dungeon crawler is Stranger of the sword city with no reason to get the Vita version when a perfectly fine PC one exists

thanks for the recommendation for YS, I'sd try AH3 on vita but I simply can't play a fighter on pad, I'll try and pick up dungeon travelers 2

Criminal girls is not a DRPG.
what the fuck does that even mean? They're all good games (new tokoy legacy is debatable on some level) and DRPGs. They're not copies of older classic DRPGs and there's the same sort of shift in tone and mechanics you could expect form WRPG to JRPG but that doesn't make them incompetent.

Well first of all they're not decade old western games but modern japanese games so they're going to be pretty different just based on that. It's up to you if you like that or not. They're not going to be as "hardcore" as the classic DRPGs that's for sure.

I don't see how you could put SoSC over DT2 when DT2 has way more depth than SoSC which is essentially Demon Gaze: Hardcore Edition (but with no Gazer mechanic and a fixed vitality system). I can't speak for dungeon design since I've never finished SoSC. In DT2 most items are useful in the sense that you can throw them at enemies for a 100% chance to inflict a status effect. Eating items motivates a character which improves critical rate (and maybe evasion) and gives them the chance to team attack. Dungeons have way more gimmicks like invisible walls that close behind you, hidden traps, teleport mazes, multi-level cliffs and ladder mazes, and much more combat mechanics such as dances, chanting, stun/delay, and more status effects to deal with.

No problem. I'm waiting on Ys VIII to come over seas and fans have said it's one of the best in the series. Ys is a pretty fun series in general and Ys7 is on the PSP but I don't know if it's on PSN anymore for the Vita. If you shop on PSN for Vita games, then use the website instead of the Vita PSN store. The Vita PSN store is a hot mess of garbage that's constantly missing shit and crashes every blue moon.

I guess I'll have to check them out myself. Thankfully they're all easy to play on PC these days.

I don't know. Some Japanese games are generally hit or miss, especially on the PSVita. Moment you suggest anything good to your non-weeb pals though, they're instantly deterred because it's anime. Even if it's a good game and not an Early Access scam that they keep falling for EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Seriously, it's time to stop falling for the Early Access meme. If the game isn't finished, don't fucking buy it or support it. Stop it.