When will fromsoft stop downgrading?

When will fromsoft stop downgrading?

When will gamers stop being so entitled?

When you stop complaining, or maybe just stop making threads about what everyone's come to expect from the industry. We're not getting wonderful innovations anymore, we're still getting floating hands in first person, we're still getting wrong perspective build environments, no one's ever made a good sound card since ever and Dark Souls isn't fun anymore.

When was the moment you just gave up?

When they stop being constrained by mediocre hardware and/or learn how to optimize. In other words, not any time soon.

Install ENB or some other shader injector.

The sound cards is because of a monopoly.

Probably the lack of A.I improvement, hand-holding, removal of content, and their inability to fix whatever it is that made multiplayer shit, or give a proper fictional to physical dues to what they introduced.

I'm sorry, but if there is one thing I detest in games, it's that disgusting "you can copy the enemy" "You can copy the boss" gimmick they did with weapon arts, which when it came down to it, was really you doing flashy moves that barely had the kind of functionality from NPC to player implemented in a fashion that gave you a feel that you were changing how you played the game. It honestly felt more like I had a toy over the real thing.

I'm sorry, but I wanted to do the dark wraith combo with something in place for sucess, I wanted to gravelord and piss countless players off, I wanted to play a cleric that felt I was one in D&D and not some MMO ability spammer, but it simply refused to change.

when normalfags have hardware that can run dev builds at acceptable framerates

which is never

gay sex

yes pls

Gay sex is only okay if you're gay enough to do it

nah i`m gonna just go for it

Faggots will actually defend this!

when console gaming dies

This, consoles are holding back pc games. There is no reason to even own a console anymore, they have outlived their usefulness.

It's just a filter.

Not really
They are just done awfully because kikery, every console is now sold at a profit.
They know their fans are shit eating retards.

They were pushing these visuals even on release, the screen shots were from this version.

Well to be honest you're dumb if you didn't notice the resolution is impossible for the hardware.

Never forget

but all my friends will be there!
if i had any

When they move from being console oriented company.

Keep working on that bar exam Mr Shyster

I know you can get better games on PC but honestly, i can count on 1 hand, the number of games that i've enjoyed that were made FOR PC and not a console. Perhaps there is something to do with the process of making something run on a specific set of hardware, that enables better game design.
Please don't start the Console wars bullshit you fucking niggers
I'm making an observation, not a fucking argument that consoles are better. This could just be a matter of my taste in games.

even if they weren't made for PC they still go here on PC and are played better than their console counterparts. You never know yourself if the team decided to use the consoles for dosh and the PC version what they call their main version. You have to go multiplat anymore there's just more money in it, but the fact remains the PC still has the most games and plays them all better aside from some newer emulators in the works right now. We get them cheaper too.

PC is master race. It is the ideal platform for playing games.

The point he was trying to make is that it doesn't matter. Same with people clamouring about the Witcher 3 downgrade. Both games still look amazing.

They've been console-oriented since they started. Their first game was a PS1 exlusive.

Of all the threads to make that point, this would not be it.
I get that FromSoft is an exception, but do you get the observation I made. It's not about how the game runs or looks. PC games are just not as fun as the games made for console. They get ported to PC later and those are better versions, but the games are made FOR console

They clearly didn't give a shit with DaS3 any more. It's contract work, and you can feel it.
I used to think of DaS2 as the worst, but at this point in time, I'm really not so sure.
I at least had fun in DaS2, doing a bare-chested Bone Fist/CDGS build.
I don't have fun playing DaS3.

This is cuck tier logic

I fewl the same for the most part, but at least the PVP for 3 is starting to show some promise. Tech is being discovered and could possibly lead to some of the kick ads high skill ceiling PVP we saw in 1.

batman, assassincreed, fallout wants to talk with you faggot

Maybe being taken for a fool doesn't matter to you. It's shouldn't, you seem to be used to it.

It probably is just me, but I think it's silly to measure a product based on its promotional material, especially if it's pre-release.
You're appraising something that doesn't exist yet. I can see the idealistic issue regarding honesty, but pragmatically speaking, you should just look at the product post-release and decide if it's worth your money. Everything else is irrelevant.

Mate, I think we all know not to trust anything except the actual final product but that they are lying and skirting the line of false advertisement should not be ignored.

there is actually pretty simple reasoning why console games are better overall. The reason they are more influential too. The thing is, a lot of the worries of development that don't have to do with actually making the game are alleviated when you work on consoles. On the PC you have to account for a million different things, and despite all the middleware solutions around, you are still not getting ideal results for many users. So you have to deal with more technical headaches. This is pretty unappealing to developers who want to get games out in a timely fashion, and make the best games they can.

Comparing the support networks available for console and PC development are wildly different too. Console manufacturers want to have their platform shown off for the best it can be, and they make sure games for their platform shine. Working on consoles you can literally get engineers from Sony or Microsoft on the phone with you to get features working on your engine or in your game. If your project is high profile enough, they will literally send people to your studio to get issues sorted out, alleviating any technical headaches. This is made easier by having a solid low level programming environment, and a single hardware spec. On PC the options are quite literally forums. Nvidia won't send anyone to help. You're lucky if AMD even supports your game at launch at times. Your support options are reddit, twitter, and Nvidia and AMD developer support forums. It makes the PC development environment very unappealing for ambitious projects.

Combining the technical issues is marketing and funding. No one owns PC, so no one wants to show it off. No one will give you money to help you make your game. No one will promote it except yourself.

With all these problems solved by the platform owner on consoles, developers are free to make games that are highly polished, are ambitious and interesting, and as time has shown, more influential. It's very easy to come to this conclusion.

Yes, of course they are inaccurate in favour of (visual) appeal. They'll promise you all the stars in the sky, and why shouldn't they? This is digital capitalism, ethical concerns are of no consequence here, what matters is efficiently gaining profit, and PR is by far the most efficient way to add value to a product.
In a perfect world, the state of a product in its entirety would be completely evident to the onlooker at every point in its life span. Such a system exists, but is refused in large parts by the industry.
You could, at this point, refuse to buy products by companies that employ such advertisement tactics on principle, which is valiant, and certainly the right thing to do.
However, that would mean you'd have to eschew a lot of companies. And personally speaking, I enjoyed - and still enjoy - BB and TW3 very much. Which does not prove that this is always the case, but proves that it isn't never.
Or, and that's what I'll advocate, you could avoid any and all promotional material (announcement aside, maybe), and deny the PR division its power. Doesn't always work, but I'd rather play games than not.
Or, as a third option, you could write angrily formulated posts on an anonymous image board and leave it at that. Which would be very stupid, I hope you don't do that.

Good games have far longer lifespan on the PC than on consoles. It's good for the consumer, but bad for the developers and producers. It would be better for them to have less competition for each reheated turd they whip up.

*…to each reheated turd they whip up.

some games have a longer lifetime on PC. There are generally a lot more interesting new games on console than PC, so more often than not audiences move from release to release. Games tend to sell less on PC, and in some cases have fractured audiences depending on the distribution.

I can still play cod4 on PC, but my choices in servers are pretty limited. unfortunately the most popular and active ones are all modded so the vanilla game is no longer there. On consoles, I'm certain despite its age, I can still hop onto cod4 and arrange a vanilla match no problem. Both have their benefits in this regard, but I'm really not one for multiplayer online games these days, so this has little value to me either way.

Some games on PC are practically stillborn, not to say they wouldn't be treated the same elsewhere, but UT4, one of the biggest upcoming titles has had an open alpha for 2 years now, and has piddling support from the community. You will find players online, just not many.

Once again, however, I really don't care much for online multiplayer.

Consoles are always the reason for downgrading, and bloodborne proved exclusivity doesn't help dick.

bloodborne was the best game of its type since demon's souls. I don't think you've played it, that or you missed out on how much better designed it is, amazingly.

When the PC master race will pay for the budget of a PC exclusive game. Oh that's right it will never happen.

Reality is that PC owners will never group together and fund $20 million to $30 million budget. Do that and you will get your top grade graphics Bloodborne.

Done
4free

i don't think you realize how bad stalker looks with or without mods.

3 wolfblood sword grass from getting the ring and sheild, the battles are so fierce but so few and far between

Unmodded S.T.A.L.K.E.R looks better than Bloodborne.

Why do Japanese games feel so… bargain bin? Fromsoft games are a perfect example.

No, it's called criticism. Criticism must never be ignored or else no one improves.

should point out it would have been sony who asked from to downgrade the game to run on the console, they would have misled the devs about the actual power of the console since the game was in development before the ps4 full specs where avaliable

Never forget.

Better question
Will Developers stop fluff padding games to the point they need to downgrade games that haven't really become so complex as to need hardware stronger than 2008?
Seriously, like, 80% of resources used by games is just poor asset allocation.

And for the record, the current issues with game fidelity and content quality is an issue born out of both consoles and PC
Neither of you are pure.

When they go back to making Armored Core :^)

nothing worse than a trumpcuck memester memelennial

Leftists are the most unpleasant people I've had to interact you.

Are they actually saying that it's bad that players feel entitled to easy games?

Faggot. Your complacency is exactly what hack developers and publishers want. They want whatever shit practices they come keep pulling to be treated with banality just so it becomes normalized.

Devkit. If you expected Bloodborne not to look like a muddy, ugly mess as every other game from From Software: then you've been duped.

This is precisely why Bloodborne truly belongs on the PC (your next line will be "NEVER EVER!") and why the Japanese need to embrace PC gaming.

It has to do with 2 things: dynamic lighting and foliage.

You forgot texture quality and asthetics

Good chuckle/10

When they don't have to downgrade to shit-platforms like gaystation?

in the second pic they both look like shit, which one is the downgrade?

When they start making games other than Souls again.
A man can dream.

When they're no longer restricted by consoles

I wish I had recorded it, but I don't have reflexive thoughts like that. The thought of weak, shitty old man with a club roaring at a super bad ass until he falls over was great to me.

when the cake meme from portal became the biggest thing on the internet i knew that all common sense had fled this world. that was the day i knew that it wasn't "my" hobby anymore

No one really cares what you think unless it happens to be something they can argue with.

Whats wrong with sound cards? Is this an audiophile thing or am I missing a fundamental experience somewhere?