How do you emulate Sega Saturn...

How do you emulate Sega Saturn?! I had to go through so many hoops installing mdf to iso converters and yet the damn emulator can't read it!?

Other urls found in this thread:

geocities.jp/mj3kj8o5/ssf/index.html
mednafen.fobby.net/releases/
mediafire.com/file/1mne5inwr7rfws9/Saturn BIOS mednafen.zip
archive.org/details/SgaStrnCmplt
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games?
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Sega_Saturn_emulators
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you dont, emulation is illegal

just get an actual dreamcast and pirate like churayzee

your mother is an illegal

No one wants to help you OP.
So now what?

I don't remember.
I did it once back in they day for Virtual On OM.
I don't remember what emulator I used, but for VO:OM, it just worked. I also tried Galactic Attack, but that did not work.

you can buy a dedicated standalone emulator like pic related. Works pretty good

It's not easy to make a Saturn play pirated games, user.

Heres the spoon

You summon the elder gods and ask a simple saturn emulator for christmas. Chances are you won't get it but it's worth the try

What was your intention with this post? To show that you don't emulate and so you're losing a vast library of good games and you are somehow proud of this? Or did you just find that pic funny when you saved it and wanted to repost it?

I knew you fags didn't play videogames.

geocities.jp/mj3kj8o5/ssf/index.html

mednafen

its everytime what i read.

Seriously, user, you can't solder? Do you have any practical skills?

its a bit harder depending on the model, if i remember it correctly, so your post doesnt even contain half the truth. and no, not everyone has the tools to solder. a lot of people never need it, so why bother?
i have basic skills, but i wouldnt risk fucking up my dear saturn

Soldering isnt easy but mod chipping saturns is very outdated. These days people use flashed ar carts with pseudo saturn kai. Just requires the swap method the first time you do install it.

By buying old games you are supporting a soulless publishing machine that makes money by sitting on intellectual property. The same publishing machine that probably shuttered your favorite studio and fired the entire staff years ago.

due to the season, i'm feeling altruistic.

then simply install the disk drive emulator and feed your game's iso to it.
unzip and configure SSF. you can set the (emulated) disc drive and bios location under option >option > peripheral
click ok and restart the damned thing and it should run.

ssf still has some quirks but it is/was better than any of the open source ones. unfortunately the nip sorcerer that created it wanted people to use actual games with it but that is worked around using the disk drive emulator. still it would be better to have the actual thing if you can afford it. emulation still has a nice place though and it keeps saturns and games out of the hands of people who would destroy them. (its sad to see what nes fags do sometimes)

its almost that time of the year again.
didnt realize i already had everything installed like on some ghost of christmas past sort of shit.

do remember to give thanks to those wonderful games, the people that make the wonderful games, your wonderful peers who you can chat/play/complain about games with, and the people you love and love you back. also enjoy vidya twice as hard for those who are no longer with us.

First you stop downloading ISOs from Emuparadise
Then you use mednafen.

mednafen.fobby.net/releases/

mediafire.com/file/1mne5inwr7rfws9/Saturn BIOS mednafen.zip

archive.org/details/SgaStrnCmplt

After that you drag and drop the .cue file onto the .exe and press F1 for help

lmao

I really, strongly suggest playing Saturn on the original hardware. Emulation is in that "not bad" territory that you could consider PS2 to be in as well, but it's a far cry from what the original hardware delivers. Even more shameful would be playing without the amazing saturn 3D control pad or the tremendous model 2 controller, which is to this day the best 2D game controller still.

Enjoy your scalper prices and shitty laser lad.

I burn all my games, the only legit saturn game I own is a copy of virtua cop I got for $5. Laser's fine and has shown no problems - previous owner, like most American owners, likely barely used the system.

Even then, new back up loading solutions are on the way that completely circumvent the disc drive. You're a bit out of touch, aren't you?

is there a place to download the complete TG16CD/PCECD library? last i checked not even archive has that one.

They have been "on the way" for months now. During that time Saturn emulation has become on par with PS1 emulation in terms of compatibility because of mednafen.
My saturn shat the bed long ago and I only used original discs on it.
Laser degradation is an inevitable thing and its only a matter of time when it affects you.

these things take time to develop. The creator of the expansion bay USB loader expects to have it finalized by next year, considering it was just barely announced a few months ago…that's great.
ahahaha you fucking idiot
I'll be good for a few years, thanks

Ever heard of buying consoles on release you retard?

You spent $400 on a console I spend $50 on and have played games that would cost you a few thousand to own today.

I need to repeat myself:
ahahaha you fucking idiot

That shit dropped in price as soon as dreamcast got announced.
Were you even around when the saturn was released?

why would you say you bought it on release if you bought it 4 years after it came out?

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games?
Almost everything you might want is available from here, some things might require an account, and some are private trackers.

Mednafen for ease of use, SSF for higher compatibility. Also: emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Sega_Saturn_emulators

FUCK YOU NIGGER.

If you need disk image software, pirate Alcohol 120% you stupid niggers

The board is complete and works 100%, it's just prepping the prototype for mass production now.