God Games

Games that essentially you play as a God controlling minions.

Black and White 1 and 2.
Some RTS.

B&W 2.it was simplified but fun as fuck. Wish there was a freeplay mode with constant threat.

2 didnt even have multiplayer

Godus

Downloaded it on my phone abut 2 years ago. It was pretty fun until I got to the point where the game's pacing was locked behind paywalls and I couldn't move the terrain by an inch without a fucking cool down. Uninstalled it in rage.

Not really a god, but you do control minions.
Holla Forums likes to bring it up whenever there's a 'play as the bad guy' thread, but I think the game has more to it than that.
It's fun, and I has lots of little touches I really like, like how the browns pick up weapons and armor and it's reflected on their bodies. I wish that the other minions appearance was modified by what they pick up, but I suppose they have roles that require different weapons.
There are some bad things about it though, like minion controls. Minions do a shit ton of damage, but are pretty tough to control. More likely that it's too hard to tell what you're minions are attacking.

It's worth trying.

Probably should've said that the game is Overlord, for clarity's sake.

Dominions 4. You literally play as (one of the) god(s) aiming to be the next Supreme Being.

Pretty sure Lucky Patcher could get over that.

I wish the minion controls were better, playing it on a PC can be hell.

One of the worst things about the minion controls is how sending a minion out without targeting something always prioritizes and guard points you've made.
It all could've been sorted as well if a little arrow was placed above whatever the minion was going to be sent towards if you weren't locked onto anything.
It's a shame since I love Overlord to death but I'd never recommend it to anyone unless they wanted a game where you play the bad guy, or control little minions.

not for deafbeat.

"God game" is a meme term used by that pretentious hack Molyneux to describe an RTS but instead of an omnipresent commander you're an omnipresent spirit. Holy shit it's an entirely new genre that he invented!

Fuck off. It's an RTS.

the game that literally invented the genre was nothing like an RTS, and stefan molyneux has nothing to do with anything (??)

That is nonsense. God game is essentially a game where your omnipresent commander also can do shit. Like throwing fireballs in Black and White 2.
Your next line will be "I just pretended to be retarded".

Oh wow, it only came out 11 years after Molyneux first god game.

yeah but populus was a console game for the amiga so it doesn't count

Still a game jackass.

Populous
Eador
Age of Wonders after you fill the spell book (although you're still only an overpowered wizard)

Master of Magic fills the bill better. But only performing the Spell of Mastery ritual elevates you to godhood there.

So Dungeons 2 is on humblebundle, Is it worth a pirate?

Does Dominions count as a god game?

You're literally playing a god okay, a pretender, but still, so yes.

It's technically the end goal, and the ending

My next line will be:

The Sims is a colony management sim, not a "godgame", because godgame has zero relevance to gameplay mechanics.

You don't have a Colony in Sims.
Unless you make one.

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS GAME
i remember playing this when i was younger but i have no fucking clue what its called and its been bothering me alot

Populous 2.

Populous: The Beginning

No.
As in, the game isn't that bad and I honestly wished that idea was further improved by someone. It's essentially a simplified Dungeon Keeper, except you can tell your creatures to enter Gates and there's the Overworld where you control there more akin to an RTS.

The visuals are nice, the gameplay mechanics are as well, the narrator can be fun sometimes.
But the game is way too fucking slow, you'll gather gold at a very slow rate, everyone spends more time tending their needs and collecting gold than actually working, upgrades and rooms cost a fuckton of cash and you're gonna be waiting for long times before you can build or buy anything new.
The top RTS is a bit buggy but actually well done, if a bit simplistic.
And the narrator has some jokes about the dev ambient back when the game released (mocking F2P dungeon keeper, for instance) but he says them all the fucking time.
Also, it's a kids friendly Dungeon Keeper, that's not how this should be doneā€¦

That was a great game but I honestly did not like very much the campaign. The mechanics were fun and all that, most of it should be adapted to RTS games and it would improve them.

But every mission felt like a puzzle with a specific solution used some new power you could find and very little to do besides that. It felt more like a puzzle-game than a God game, I wanted some skirmish map big enough to explore and take over large sways of land, many resources for the little dudes and ways to progress on my miracles.

Eh, some of these wizards are worshipped as gods though. In Age of Wonders 3 the Wizards of yore pretty much are deities.