Game speed is tied to framerate

God fucking damned. Is it really impossible to write some sort of hack that will force game to run two times slower and ten just run it on 60 fps, to get both proper speed and framerate?
What was the point of releasing this two pieces of shit on PC, if I still can't play them?

It's amazing that HTML5 canvas has requestAnimationFrame() but these "programmers" can't implement the same fucking thing in C++. obviously using the word programmer loosely

Just play at 30 you fag.

I can't?

The biggest problem is that actual games are good, but it's like deliberately shitting them up.
I know it's a result of console limitations and PS3 being alien piece of shit, but the result is good game being hidden behind unplayable framerate.

git gud and play at double speed, casual

I want to take the occasion and call out that faggot user who claimed that you can dual wield swords in WOTS3 from get go on being lying fuck.

(Checked)
Can't you sage actual not video games threads so effectively?

The fact that you can play them at a solid 30 is already an achievement considering how poorly they would run on consoles.

Stop being so entitled and accept that a several year old budget port of a console title isn't going to be 100% perfect.

THERE'S BAIT COMING UP FORM HELL OVER HERE

Whoa there boy, this is a commercially sold product, and I AM entitled to the quality of something I potentially pay for.

I paid $0.50 for this discounted candy bar, why doesn't it come packed with a chocolate sundae as well?! This other candy bar that costs significantly more and was manufactured by an entirely different company comes with one, so why doesn't this one as well?

Don't you know that including a chocolate sundae is a REQUIREMENT if you intend on selling a candy bar? Candy bars are absolutely disgusting without a delicious sundae snack to dip them in, and only a filthy shit-eating peasant could stomach a candy bar on it's own.

Games are not food, they are entertainment.
When you're buying movie DVD, you're not expecting VHS quality. When you're buying movie BD, you're not expecting DVD quality.
When you go to the cinema you're not expecting movie being shown on a 30 inch tv.

Uncapped framerate is always better but I don't sperg out and start posting a shitty reddit pcmasterrace meme when a Japanese game entirely expectedly ties game function to a locked frame rate.

Is that really the basis on which you bought the game?

Need something like the dark souls fix for this game, fucking lazy ports goddamn.

I think Fallout 4's physics was tied to the frame rate. Loading was also faster with a higher frame rate too. Amazing how many people fellate that game like there's no tomorrow.

How long does it take to unlock it? The ability I mean.

That fix still fucked with some collisions and jumping distance. You could drop through textures to your death and your jumps were 2 times shorter.

Wow. Was there anything good about that piece of shit?

Yeah, you may get a BD with BD quality, but the movie itself may be a BUDGET movie.

What you're arguing about now is fidelity and resolution now. Come on boy, it's a fucking console game. Emulate that shit and use the over clock feature to get 60fps.

Oh wait. It's a PC GAME!?

AAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!

WOW. I'm sure there are programs out there that can help you unlock the framerate.

I briefly worked with the team that ported the game and I can honestly say that after seeing mere snippets of the horrendous spaghetti code the original jap devs shat out to make the game, you would honestly be better off just making a completely new game than trying to change or fix anything they did. I lost sanity trying to comprehend the shit they did. Yanderedev is competent in comparison. The people who managed to force it to work on PC are victims of a hellish monster.

Power armor was cool to use I guess, but even then that has it flaws.

Webm or fuck off

May you be punished for your folly.

lets try this again

It's not impossible but it would be very very difficult even with original source code. Then entire game logic is written for a fixed & given framerate.

There is a decent article floating around called "Fix Your Timestep" that explains some of the very basics. It concentrates on game physics (which would of course include collision detection) but in general the same problems can come up in other areas of game logic that are time dependent.

Basically, just play it at the released frame rate. Japanese devs are notorious for doing this wrong.

What am I supposed to see here?

There's nothing wrong with 30 FPS and if you weren't a casual faggot that started playing games in 2010 it wouldn't bother you at all.

Millenial consolepeasant pls fuck off.
8 and 16 bit games run on 60 fps, you dumb fucking cunt, I bet you don't even know what interlaced is.

All depends on how it was coded.
If you're lucky, there's a delta used everywhere and it's just hardcoded, all you have to do is cut it in half.
But if the animations are tied to framerate, you're fucked.

The difficulty ranges from "change two variables with cheat engine" to "find every speed related value in the game and cut it by half".

What is that gif from?

Some shitty hip hop music video.

Well that's disappointing, I was hoping for a samurai movie or something.

Well the reason why the Space Invaders speed up as more and more of them are killed is because the original speed is actually a bug. The bug being that for the tech at the time to independently tracking all of them was too much to handle which made the FPS decrease massively thus creating a slower start which gets faster the more you kill.