What happened to paper doll equipment in action RPGs?

What happened to paper doll equipment in action RPGs?
All we have now is pants/shirt/gloves/head at best, 2-3 slots at worst. Are there anything new games that actually have 6-8 slots not counting accessories, like good ol Sacred here?
And not just icons to drag and drop around, but actual 3D models properly displayed on character, so you can either look completely absurd, or totally badass depending on how lucking you were?
The last proper game like this I played was Grim Dawn, and it was lacking in this department. Recommend me something.

Also reminder than in sacred 1 even amulets and rings had 3D models displayed on characters that corresponded with items' icons perfectly.
Sorry for shitty pics, they are from google search

Just fuck off with this gender neutral agenda pushing libcuck bullshit already

One issue that I can see as a decent excuse is that clipping is a bigger issue now that we're using detailed 3D models rather than sprites and more basic models, and the larger the variety of visible equipment options you have, the more likely you are that your character could end up having serious issues with said clipping.

trying a little too hard there Holla Forums

I'd rather let er clip and have my variety and customization.
Shit still clips everywhere every time regardless of how little freedom over anything game gives you.

Offer a different term then, I don't care.

Well, I'm the opposite, I hate it when armor clips and would rather have armor look good, even if it means I can't equip a variety of gloves and pants.

One thing that triggers my OCD is when a solid metal piece, like a breastplate or such bends with the model animations. It happens more often than you think.

Too bad all games still have clipping up their ass. Even the newest ones.

I guess you avoid games with firm armor altogether?

I'm with you, the more shit I can equip, the better. Visibile equips is pretty much a straight shot to my heart.

How about you come up with some recommendations then?
It's not necessary should be diablo-clone. Some action or adventure game will be fine too.
Even though when equipping armor pieces takes place, people automatically label any sort of game as RPG.

I see halfchanners are having an hardtime adjusting.

OP, it was removed because of consolidation.
Someone designing a game will think "Well, why have all this armor pieces? Why not have a single armor piece that covers the whole body and gives the same benefits?"

The reason this came to pass and become a logical conclusion was the lost of an ancient art: making fun items.
See, most modern RPG's will have several diferent amulets/rings/pants/pantyhouse.
But on each category you have:
And very little variation for this.
It stands to reason that, if you play a warrior for instance, you'll equip all the +armor trinkets and nothing else. But then again, if players are equip the same thing everytime, why bother making them diferent items and not a complete set: one single piece of equipment and that's it.
We had games with belts that swapped your gender, amulets that let you speak to characters you couldn't otherwise, gloves that let you levitate swords, and helmets that gave you extra-sensory vision.
If paperdoll inventories are to make a comeback, those things must re-appear first.

As for 3D models, well. It's a matter of effort vs result. Drawing something that only affected 5 or 6 pixels in your screen was seen as a waste of time, especially when the flashier bits were the armour that took a much larger portion of your view (and attention).
Tiny things like that were seen less and less because of that. After a while, drawing other similar details also disappeared, like the gloves or boots or sometimes the helmet entirely.

Both Sacreds Sacred 3, much like Supreme Commander 2, doesn't exist have this.
Both Torchlights have this.
Titan Quest and Grim Dawn have this as well.

Was Sacred good? How did it get 3 games?

I played Sacred 3 for all of 2 minutes and regretted my time wasted.

How the hell did you a play a game that's not even out yet?

Nigga, do you think I didn't play to death all those games?

Sacred 2 got shitload of hate back on release, but I don't give a fuck - it's one of my favourite games ever made.
Sacred 1 is objectively god tier too.

Can you make your own character?

for a game that doesnt exist, supreme commander 2 was somehow better than planetary annihilation and grey goo.
maybe.

No. It's a diablo styled game, where every class is an actual character with their own stories and dialogues, rather than self-insert doll.

What sets it apart from Diablo and many others is the world building. It's a huge, seamless world, handcrafted in its entirety. You can go pretty much everywhere right off the bat. All monsters and loot containers scale to your current level, so it does play a bit like TES and Bethesda Fallouts.

Honestly I would prefer to have as little as 4 slots of eq but with actually interesting stuff. I hate it when items only gives me bonus to armor and some attributes.

That is why I love it when games have vanity slots or at least dyes. It is pain in the ass to choose either good looking eq or one with good stats.

>no codpiece slot

Modded Minecraft actually has some of the best equipment and tools there are.
Some like Draconic Evolution or Thaumcraft even manage to have good looking ones.

At least I can turn Minecraft into the wizard simulator I always wanted, I guess.

what?

Also I dont know if it counts but FFXIV does have a model for ear rings and necklaces and even rings. None for belts though.

Nox had lots of slots. Hell, even the clothing was separate from armor.

i want to separate hecubah from her clothing

Is it bad first thing I thought while reading this was system where you have you have 30 body parts and each item uses 5 of them.
For example:
Helmet would take all head slots, your earing would need to be small or other wise you could fir them on already occupied ear slots. Witch doctors would therefore be unable to use most head armor because they use a lot of huge tribalistic jewelry.
Wearing two pairs of gloves first cloth one and than mail ones would result in bonus frost resistance but minus dexterity.

I actually think it would be pretty fun to have an austically in depth gear grinder with all those slots.

Grim Dawn was fine in paper doll equipment screen.

i think way of the samurai 4 let you put items wherever you want on your body

Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode?

CDDA has half of those, it's pretty nice.

Sorry, mate, only wizards can do that.