Citra Emulator Nearly Perfected

Holy fuck. The graphics and models have officially surpassed Battle Revolution.

Someone here try the build from the description.

Other urls found in this thread:

citra-emu.org/wikis/home-folder
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Check different games and the speed btw, Sun/Moon looks pretty much perfect from the video.

Not hard to do considering how garbage the lighting system in Battle Revolution was. Too bad the particle effects don't match BR's.

Jiggly better be ready to fork over them pokebux when I'm through raping her squirtle or whatever the fuck

They wouldn't look that great with the 3DS' resolution.

I agree, if anything, it would just make the cramped image worse in native 240p.

I'm retarded and don't get how to make this goddamn emulator work. Fuck I just want to grab a rom and pop it into the thing and play instead of this weird shit

can it emulate the 3 d

What's the problem?

Not yet. Give it time, this gives me nostalgia ever after seeing platinum running perfectly.

I'm confused. Why do people like it without outlines on models? Everything looks like bad CGI, now. The outlines define shapes amongst the background. Especially when the background is a similar colour.

Personal preference really. They probably didn't want to add more texturing and decided to take the easy way out by adding a line filter. Which looks alright, but it looks both good and bad in it's own right. I like it without simply because it looks less cel-shaded and cartoony. The models look too bright though, it looks like claymation that bad CGI

Still waiting for the day citra or cemu can finally run monster hunter at playable speeds.

I have a feeling tomorrow will be the day.

You and me both, brother.

Is this cropped?

No. I just got this off startpage. Search for hulkamania it's the second pic or something. You made me laugh.

You do realize, OP, that the battle was recorded on a 3DS and then played through Citra?
Citra is still slow as molasses even on top-tier rigs.

New Yokai Watch is looking good
looks good, but can I play it on a non shit res?

I'm more amazed by the fact that it's somehow more laggy than playing on an actual O3DS.

Also, remember that this is with no sound and on the original resolution. If you want the graphics to look like they do in OP's video, you need to use a different build of the emulator that is not only not as fast as the one you linked, but also demands a fuckton of resources.

Even CEMU is progressing more quickly than Citra, despite being closed source.

It’s completely worthless.

Pretty much

You mean a save file?
What other data would you even need?

citra-emu.org/wikis/home-folder
It’s not an emulator. It’s an accessory.

Well, to be fair, you can probably get those from 3DSiso. Kind of like how PS2 emulators come with no BIOS files, you have to find those yourself.

Honestly I think this shit is still probably a good year or so away at least before I'd choose to use it over my own N3DS with A9LH.

So can this run animal crossing yet?

Getting your own bios is nothing new.

Hol up the 3ds emulator can do wi-fi and the DS ones have been stuck without it all this time because of moralfaggotry on a long dead platform that is still baseless because it's a fucking emulator?

No, it's a repaly from a wi-fi battle that is replayed in the emulator. At 50% speed no less, and then sped up.

what is emulation

How is this different from getting a BIOS for ps2 emulation? Them saying that you can't share them on their forum is just the standard "we make the thing that enables piracy but we don't actually give you the games so all we're doing is some cool software you can pay your owned games on we don't actually endorse piracy honestly guys". If the shit you dump from your 3ds isn't some magic and is just files then what's stopping people from just sharing those files?

Citra is still a very relatively new emulator. At least it's not like pcsx2 that's been in development for literally a decade and still can't play a single fucking game right.

What you said is literally not true. I played some 80h of Person 3 without any problems on pcsx2 a few years ago. I will never ever understand anti-emulation fags.

Okay, a few games run fine on pcsx2. Let me know when it fucking support mip-mapping outside software mode.

user you are either retarded or using a toaster. I can perfectly software emulate the Ace Combat games these days, and that was practically the holy grail for a while.

Lurk the Ace Combat threads once in a while and you'll learn something.

.ini* files

Here let me just paste what I have saved:

>Grab the latest build of PCSX2 from this link buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

An emulator that's been in development since 2002 shouldn't have taken this long to fucking decently run games that are this old.

I mean it's taken them this long to support mipmapping? It's not even released. It's just experimental.

Where the fuck do you find this home folder dump thing? There's nothing on 3dsiso

emulation is illegal.

Anyone know where this can be found? Google is only bringing up "how to run citra" guides with this section copypasted

So apparently the only reason it ran so well was that they cut the speed by half, then edited the video to be at 2x speed.
Still interesting, though

No it's not.

problem is the emulator runs like ass and is single threadded so you need a 4GHz+ Processor to make any use out of it.

lol I stand corrected. Looks like the new chink build runs at ~90% on my destitute computer.

Gotta love the chinks.

The fact of the matter is that most games do still run like shit unless your computer has really high end specs. and were just listing off games that have been known to work with pcsx2 for years.

Even if you do have those specs, the popular games that most people want to play (like ratchet and clank and jak and daxter) are incredibly prone to crashes. I mean, in Jak 3 if you pause at the wrong time it'll crash the game.

The files you mention specifically identify the console from which they were dumped. So a hard bannu on multiplayer for using that BIOS on an emulator and/or cheating with it will also apply to the original console (from Nintendo's side both are the same thing). Obviously nobody wants their 3DS banned for something someone else did with their BIOS.
This could potentially apply too to the PS2 if there were actually any multiplayer games played regularly on it.

Why do you need to go online with the emulator?

Or maybe, just maybe, it's because pokemon had outlines since day 1?

And even if it was, who cares?

Shit I don't know, to play online games maybe?

shilling intensifies

are there online games for the 3DS? I know few of them have online components but none of the ones I know and would want to play have actual worthwhile online features.

This is why modern consoles are going to fade into obscurity, and golden age classics will live forever.

If you wanna know why the basic idea is

I know there's the rumored Switch port, but it happens with other 3DS games.

Why the hell make the graphics so good for a handheld with shit resolution?

I guess I'm not surprised given how slow everyone says it runs.

Is it even worth installing right now? Does any game run decently with no major issues?

The dev haven't bothered yet with supporting enduser friendliness and many games will crash in the middle or require saves to bypass crashes or freezes not to mention any thing less than a 6600k is basically a lost cause.

tl;dr if you're a dev / bug report guy go ahead otherwise wait some more.

That's about what I guessed. I'm fine with waiting, I just didn't want to waste the time right now.

What you or me might want doesn't always match what the general populace wants.
case in point: all those idiots banned for going online on Sun/Moon before released.

Cel-shaded and cartoony is good, though. Realism is the cancer killing artwork.

Sure thing pal. btw I can walk on water.

It doesn't have to be real to be good, nor does it have to have that ugly filter. It just needs better texturing is all. Pokémon XD and Colosseum looked just fine.

I feel like it's the lack of shading, it looks better with the filter for this specific reason. Lack of detail on the models, so of course it would look better with thick lines.

Imagine if a game like Okami didn't have the filter either, everything would look like it would be made out of clay.

I didn't know about that, I felt crushing defeat because the sound was perfect. You know when a video is slow the sound suffers from it too, and I didn't hear any horrible clipping here. So I assumed it was already becoming complete. Damn shame.

I hear the emulation speed with a game has to do a lot with the programming in said game.
Something about someone explaining that from the Wii days, Shadow the Hedgehog having somr bright some white glitch on the very right corner and shovelware games still running like ass sometimes, on the 3DS Luigi's Mansion 2 running at the same speed as your game, 2fps while other games games like OoT ran a bit better. It's that, and selective optimization instead of focusing on all of the games and general accurate/fast emulation.
It's safe to say the citra devs don't care about monster hunter right now, which is a shame.

It has nothing to do with textures, it's the lighting system. There was a collection of imgur posts that showed the difference between Battle Revolution lighting, Colo/XD lighting, and XY/ORAS lighting for the same XY/ORAS model and it was pretty interesting. Shame I never saved it.

Everything's faster when you have leaked specs and manuals : ^ )

Oh, I found an example. Left is XY/ORAS right is Battle Revolution.

The 3DS devkits and whatnot have been leaked for years, though. I think the problem is you have more people working in homebrew and hacking the actual console rather than emulation. After all it's been a whirlwind in the past year with all the exploits, updates that fixed exploits, and more exploits so people are still trying to keep up with Nintendo with the 3DS until they eventually give up with updating it.

Yes that! I mistook it for texturing, when it was the lighting your referred to! Pokken has some kickass lighting if you haven't seen it. Best visual Pokémon game yet.

Can citra into online?

Pokken also has good modelling and texturing too, though, if you're into the super detailed stuff.
I personally don't like it, especially with Gengar and Gardevoir. Lucario is okay but it reminds me way too much of Starfox Adventures and Fox having actual rendered fur and I personally think Pokken's lighting system makes everything too glossy

Citra is still heavily WIP
Don't fall for any meme tier propaganda