They were trying to make another world war 3? for what cause, why is the cover the spoilers of the game...

they were trying to make another world war 3? for what cause, why is the cover the spoilers of the game? what fucking mad man decided to have pixelated garbage barely recognizable, what kind of joke is this? hm2 is better than hm1

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!IlMGybYY!_d91B5PsjIiXfEGhCuQXPQ
mega.nz/#!wBBlwKJA!YmOktDrYm-t91fT5N-UqDJccxpTR_4dNJjECaFpFNx4
mega.nz/#!kcoiFASQ!RKVV4YCxd-JGX6Y32WsFaKc4nSLcorVBqsk5pUjHC_Q
steamcommunity.com/app/219150/discussions/0/615085406653187381/
freegogpcgames.com/1121/hotline-miami-2-wrong-number/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They made everything overly complicated for the sake of appearing confusingly deep.HM1 is better.

This game was a mixed bag and made the first game lose some of its appeal. I bet the twist in Midnight Animal is going to be that it was all just a movie.

it'll be a movie in the third game but then it will turn real

Why did it take so long for the level editor to be released? Is it worth going back to play the game again on custom maps?

the worst part is that the editor is exclusive to steam

I remember hearing in some vydia podcast that it was supposed to be a bad joke. Fans wanted them to expand the plot, but they didn't gave a shit about it, so they game some crazy shit like "you want a fucking plot, them swallow this shit" kinda thing. It's possible that the fucked up long ass levels, windows and lack of masks would be part of this passive agressive thing

I have heard this rumour also, not sure where from but it seems believable. Then again maybe they came up with it to make themselves look less retarded at writing a sequel.

Someone turn on the lights It's dark in here

oh boy where are those levels you've been cooking up anons?
also where is the Carl fangame dev?

My ass, the game is worse in every aspect, save for music.

Hey guysI like to spoiler tag tooAnd I don't have to put a space between my tags

Nobody cares Shawn

You want spoilers? How about how the main menu is basically spoiling what happens at the end of the game?

50 blessings just wanted to kill russians and MAGA, and the murder of both presidents just didn't work as intended

I haven't touched the editor, let alone the game, in forever, but if any one else has, I'll add their levels to the folder from long ago if they want.
mega.nz/#F!IlMGybYY!_d91B5PsjIiXfEGhCuQXPQ

yeah, nah

They never released the editor for GoG buyers

I don't causing another world war was intentional but the Colonel/50 Blessings leader was definitely trying to topple the U.S. government and destroy any Russian leadership there was
Same reason why the menu is actually a spoiler; you don't realize it until you've actually gotten there/beaten the game

Hotline Miami 3: Biker's Revenge.
He may have survived the nuclear blast. It'd be cool as fuck to play him with some Mad Max shit going on.

Goddamn Dennaton you had one fucking job to somewhat fix the pile of shit that is the second game and ya blew it

I'm sure there is a fan-campaign for biker and one thats not infested by reddit-tier writing

I think HLM3 is never going to happen, at least by Dennaton

might want to fix that link user, it just loops forever

Strange, that doesn't seem to happen to me in after checking in private tab or another browser. Could it be your connection?

Works for me, must be his connection's fault then

WELL seems my levels aren't there (even though i posted it a few months ago) so might as well ad those

mega.nz/#!wBBlwKJA!YmOktDrYm-t91fT5N-UqDJccxpTR_4dNJjECaFpFNx4 - Biker
mega.nz/#!kcoiFASQ!RKVV4YCxd-JGX6Y32WsFaKc4nSLcorVBqsk5pUjHC_Q - Ritcher

In the continuity, Russia won against America in the cold war by nuking San Fran in the eighties. Because of that, the USA are a puppet of Russia and host a bunch of mafya types in various regions, most notably Florida. So a bunch of US veterans and two cuck swedes decide to have some revenge and take the country back for themselves by developing strong soldiers by turning everyday men into cold blooded killers by threatening them and eventually leading a coup and launching a nuclear attack on Russia, presumably because no one told them about MAD.
The story is shit though.

I don't know man
That is the best piece of writing I have seen nowadays

this is good
Don't forget that patriotic people instantly jumped at the call of the action though, just look at Jake and Aubrey.
Also shame that Jake don't get much spotlight, i like playing as Dallas with its wicked ass Nunchuck special (too bad you can't execute fatties while in this mode, though you can execute dying enemies) and the alternate ending of his life really makes me rustle my jimmies since the 50B kills one of its most loyal killers just because he knew about the whole organization (fuck, even he himself is willing to be inducted into it and is eager to serve them)

If the game was crashing, it sounds like you have a fucking toaster of a computer.

Or more likely because it's a piece of shit

Try googling the problem, might make you realize how retarded you are.

HM2 was awful because they made most maps with absolutely zero regard for the kind of gameplay HM has. Going fast with melee is almost entirely unviable because there are a million enemies that will just shoot you before you can even see them (no, you cannot use the far look ability in every direction at once). Half the time the gun using enemies are hidden behind the millions of glass windows too, which means you have no ways whatsoever of dealing with them beyond baiting them out and killing them from behind a corner (very very slow, and sometimes they get superhuman reactions and shoot you the instant you leave cover) or throwing your melee weapon at them (most certainly not viable in the long run because you don't have infinite melee weapons to throw, and enemies generally have at the very least one other as backup).

HM2 is an example of how objectively bad level design can destroy a game. And no, the story is not important enough in a HM game that it alone decides which is the better game.

I'll indulge you. I found a single person claiming to have issues crashing after every level in a single steam thread with a moderator giving him helpful advice. You sure showed me.

steamcommunity.com/app/219150/discussions/0/615085406653187381/

Reminder:
Pardo didn't do it for attention. And people who claim that didn't pay attention.
The Son has some kind of contract or authority with him. That's why you see him trying to talk to the Son near the end of the game.
The Son wanted to get the 50 Blessing's guys for killing his father and told Pardo to find them.
Pardo systematically finds and murders them then pins it on the "Miami Slasher".
Maybe he did get attached to the idea of being the Miami Slasher.
Or maybe he just likes hurting people.

Just an FYI, the lastest version of HM2 on GOG has the level editor, torrent it if you can
Don't even try to buy the game because it's shit

it's not

But Manny Pardo is an american hero who is still trying to catch the most devious psychopath to ever walk this earth even after both of them are most likely dead from the nuke.
I forgot what the name of the killer was. Miami Mutilator?

Miami Slasher
I still don't see why people say he did it for the fame. Especially with that scene were he tries to talk to the Son.
It's clear that he's corrupt and working for him. Also feeds them info or some shit.

I don't know why though. The Son must have some dirt on him or blackmail him with something.

Indeed my friend

Trans Against White Straights

its the miami mutilator

It's less of a rumor and more just extrapolating from the Biker ending of HM1 which was basically "You want to know the plot? Too bad, fuck you".

You are correct
At least when it comes down to the soundtrack

The real truth behind HM2 is that the makers didn't actually want to make a sequel.
The ending where everything gets nuked explains it all, but I'm just grossly generalizing
The cover was there because people wouldn't get it until the end, as was with the intro backround

In HM2 gunplay is improved from HM, but level design made melee approach way less viable, thats pretty much the only thing that;s wrong with HM2. Glass problem is way to exaggerated by anons, seriously just be more careful at first tries before you get a feel of the level and it's gonna be fine.

I thought this about it too when I first finished HM2 but I replayed the first HM straight after and it was so easy comparatively, I barely died. I think they did what they could with the second one because it the levels were of similar sort of design people would complain it was too easy. They did what they could without drastically changing the gameplay.

He didn't even survive the first game. That "desert" he was talking about is a metaphor for death. The guy's literally a ghost.

the only thing that ticked me off with HM2 was that melee executions does not reset the combo timer along with the fact that most executions are too lengthy

i just wanted to get an s rank fucking hell

They can't fuck around. Jake is kinda retarded.
Yeah, he proved to be loyal to a fault, and they probably could have trusted him, given that in the original timeline he didn't break under torture, even though he knew the secret.
But they are trying to run a revolution, and if one guy blows their cover, the entire operation could be fucked.
I understand their thinking.

HM2 should have just been The Fans, Pardo and maybe The Son, with none of that WW3 existentialist 2deep4u crap.

Even if it was, HM1 would still be the better game.

m8 he solved the mystery of the masked killings in miami all by himself, something the Miami PD, Evan, and Manny Pardo cannot accomplish even with all the evidence they collected
But still, i agree that his brash and enthusiastic attitude would blow the organization's cover since he'll probably spread the word of 50B's real motive to his friends

also goddamn why can't hotline miami have more than 5 issues of digital comic? shit was good but its so short, and has features that i want in the damn game

the fans kept pestering the devs for a sequel and the ending is the way to make sure another sequel could never be made. I hated the level design untill i decided to S rank every level, having to do combos really speeds up the pace of the game and is pretty fun.

It was released a little while back according to this page (freegogpcgames.com/1121/hotline-miami-2-wrong-number/ ).

shit nigga

Probably because the first crime scene you go to, there's a brief moment where you see a camera crew when Manny's talking about the crime making the news? And after being told that the murders would have to be really gruesome to get any attention, he starts killing people in really grotesque ways?

hey should i try the hm1 total conversion mod?

What I really want to know about HLM2 is whose ass this shit was pulled out of and placed in the wiki

The guy is an ultra-nationalist, so won't be hard to find another comrade that is likely to be friends with him. And boy are there alot of those running around in America, just look it up at Jake's comic

Too little, too late, i already have the Steam version

C'mon man it's a wikia, it happens everytime since everyone including you if you passed all the fucking hassle could edit it

OrangeLite was already in, but guess I never added Desolate if you've posted it before, so I'll add that now.

Well yeah it may have been because he was taking part on the killings himself

I just realized Evan the writer might have fucked up.
If you complete Jake's last level without getting killed, he will be transported to the 50 Blessings HQ, where he will be murdered.
Right before his death, you can pick up a floppy disk, which will be then picked up by Evan and analyzed when he inspects Jake's body in the police station. This unlocks the Abyss secret level, where Evan tries to escape the HQ.
Which makes me think: if a regular cop analyzed it instead of Evan, it might have revealed information about 50 Blessings, the police would eventually intervene and perhaps stop them from starting WW3.
But since Evan stole the evidence, and no one in the Police knows about it (except Pardo, but he wouldn't give a fuck because he was busy with the Mutilator), and when Evan would go tell the police about the HQ, they would probably not believe him.
TL;DR: Evan might have accidentally started WW3. Or I'm being retarded.

Hotline Miami's storyline was a fat load of fucking nothing, but it was flawlessly tied together with surreality that kept the player fully invested in the plot regardless of whether or not they even had a clue as to what was going on.

Hotline Miami 2 was a chronological nightmare, where every scene for the first three-quarters of the game is essentially just the characters saying "This doesn't make sense right now but we'll give you some context later".

I love them both to death but I gotta say Hotline Miami 1 is the clear winner in storytelling and gameplay. Hotline Miami 2, however, has my favourite soundtrack for any video game ever and a game like Hotline Miami is so soundtrack-based that it's a big enough deal to put the two on even terms in my eyes.

you should check out the Wiki for Manny Pardo

Ill just leave this here

Here's a slightly revised version of my level Full Tilt, for whatever it's worth.
mixtape.moe/hfrani.zip

Now you just can't access any of the levels since they're all on Steam Workshop, which is actually way worse.

i updated it since the original was unfinished and unpolished, but it's your call to replace it or not

better fix that bugged level transistion user, also finish Python if ya could.
it's a mixed bag, there some good ones and mostly are shit, with some of the most popular fanfictions campaigns are based on reddit's hotline miami subreddit (even the characters are named after the reddit accounts ffs). i'm sure you will need some time to take your picks though.

this
imo HM1's soundtrack is way more trippy, stucks in your head more often and perfectly captures that 80's feeling, but HM2's soundtracks are way more energetic, bombards your eardrums with beats, and has a more modern feeling compared to HM1''s

Agreed but I think the more energetic approach worked better for HLM2 than it did for 1.

By that logic then Ritcher, Jacket, and countless other masked hitmen that were coerced by the 50 Blessings should have solved it. Biker almost solved the connections as well until Jacket (who was ordered by the 50 Blessings) puts an end into his plans. but then again there are people such as Aubrey who believed that the killings were a patriotic act that they kept silent about the whole thing just so they can kill more ruskies what they didn't know was that the 50 Blessings will cut all loose ends on anyone, including people that were once useful on themor in Jake's case being able to discover the organization's true motives.

My question what killing both presidents supposed to accomplish and why didn't we as a player get to do it?

Probably the ultra-nationalist were fed up with the prez who were in HM's timeline, surrendered the country on unequal terms to the Soviets. since the ultra-nationalist sees him as the one who surrendered the USA, you know how that goes for him there is a fan campaign about this though

and why we didn't get to do it, i don't know. Maybe because the devs felt like it is enough, so they ended it prematurely, even though they should've added it just to hammer the 'everything you do is pointless' garbage even further if they want to

That is the most anti-climatic shit I have ever witnessed

It's shit

Was HM's soundtrack specifically commissioned for the game or did they license already existing music?

Licensed, although i'm not sure about Untitled

I think there are some tracks in HM2 that were commissioned. For example Rust and Ghost from El Huervo aren't in any albums of his.

Shit that does mean Run is commissioned as well?

I'm not entirely sure to be honest.
I don't even remember which song was Run

That fucking weird ass song that sounds like electronic harmonica or accordion at first. it somewhat grows on me though

Hotline Miami 1 uses a lot more of that kind of post-rock inspired electronica, with Sun Araw, El Huervo and Coconuts. By Hotline Miami 2 they had all dat synth to work with, so it's a lot more energetic.
I'll fix the level transition, if it's the same problem I think it is.