I work for EA, and here's what's coming down the pipe

I am part of EA's marketing team. I worked on creating the advertisements for the original Titanfall, Battlefield 2 and most recently Plants vs. Zombies 2.
Basically, I'm going to give you all a bit of a heads up as to why certain things have happened and what you can expect in the future. Please understand I can't tell you everything and risk my job, but there is some information that I am allowed to leak.

DICE has been weird. They've changed so drastically in their approach to core development that no one really knows what to expect. A lot of people were satisfied with BF4 after all the kinks were worked out; and those kinks were more or less DICE's own fault. EA released the game too early, yes, but there wasn't a chance in hell corporate would allow that year's CoD release to go without some kind of answer. It's not likely DICE will be allowed to develop something like this ever again without first going through a very, VERY strenuous test phase.
DICE gave us Battlefield 4 in its current form saying it was perfectly playable, until an error was found with the in-game ability to connect to servers, and re-implementing the browser for that purpose. Lo and behold, it was just as bad -
but the game was still playable… kinda. It's still more active than BF1, believe it or not. Though, I'm certainly not surprised.

Titanfall 2 had a small, and I mean small, budget. It wasn't the central focus for the Holiday season. We've already made the expected profit off of it, and we're hoping Christmas and the like will produce more players. Either way, Titanfall 3 is probably going to happen. It's still up in the air, but most likely we'll see Respawn back in play. They're building a name right now and no one wants to rush it.

Short answer: no. However, we will focus on working with Teamspeak, Discord, Mumble and Curse to make them work better with Origin.

No. Unless something huge happens in the Linux world, we won't be seeing any changes any time soon.

Yes and no. That's all I can say.

We're working with Telltale Games right now on two titles. One being focused on Wicked, the Broadway musical, and second being Oz. Both will follow the play style of previous games, but be musicals. Both of these being EA exclusives We have a lot of great talent involved, including the original Broadway cast.
Another pretty big thing happening is a re-release of 1942 on Origin. Price has NOT been set and there's no official announcement, but this is confirmed.

Origin is looking to expand beyond EA titles. Essentially, we want to give an alternative to Steam. A lot of the criticism of Origin has been noted and we are actively looking to make it better. We also want to compete with other clients, offering better deals and more compatibility with games - eliminating the need to use a separate client to play another producer's game.

Give it time.

Dead Space is currently in hypersleep. We don't know what's going to happen to the series yet, or even if we'll continue with the games. However, doing a remaster of the original for current consoles is not out of the question.

Blizzard, ironically enough. CoD isn't really something we're worried about right now. People who play CoD usually don't play Battlefield. However, Overwatch is stealing a huge amount of our base.

Bioware has to be the least likeable company to work with. Dragon Age II almost sank them. Inquisition barely saved them. The newest Mass Effect has to do incredibly well or else there is talk, a lot of talk, of not renewing our contract.
The decline started back with Mass Effect 2, as a lot of people were dissatisfied with it, and we weren't allowed to market it like the first one. It was supposed to be something "for everyone". The third installment was even more in line with the "for everyone" mantra. Mass Effect really isn't a priority we've had for a while, though.

That's about all I have to say. Go ahead and give me some of your own questions and I'll spend a bit of time answering them.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Electronic_Arts_games
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I am sure you are, OP.

Whats your sexuality and religion?

Was the eagle okay?

i know, its a boring day. well, lets have some fun.

i work for square enix, here some insider, ff15 is shit

I'm a white male and come from a Christian family, if that means anything.

I believe you on the Titanfall 2 thing. It looks like they reused a lot of assets, which I don't mind. If you're not bullshitting I'm glad they're not getting canned right away, because they seem to have learned from TFa1.

Still, proof or gtfo.

Get the fuck out of here, faggot.

I would give proof, but you're basically going to have to screencap this and watch for things to come. Sorry for this.

I'm Todd Howard, ask me anything.

From what I remember from the article, yes it was.

wats ur phone number bby

If you're not going to give us anything of substance to prove your word there's 0 reason to take anything you say into actual consideration. I doubt you'd get fired for posting on the hacker known as Holla Forums. But then again EA is kike central.

how long is your dick

Hey, tell your paymasters to fuck off with requiring a fucking web broser to launch their games, browse fucking servers, oh, and stop forcing players to pay for servers when they should be able to operate one out of their fucking basement like in the halcyon days of BF2.

Oh, and perhaps consider stop being such greedy jew bastards in general.

555-555-LIES ;)

Then don't be surprised people don't believe you. You could at least take a picture of the HQ building or something and run the image through filters so you can't be tracked.

Why haven't you killed off Bioware like pandemic and Westwood? They're the only company people really want dead yet EA protects them, also how the hell are you still alive flop after flop.

I'll give OP the benefit of the doubt and play along

What's the overall atmosphere in the company like? I know EA knows they've been awarded shittiest company in America twice in a row. Do most of the people working there genuinely want to create good games or is it mostly suits looking for a paycheck who don't really care?

Will you and every other EA employee including those at Bioware kill yourselves? If you are who you say you are, why are you wasting your time on a place where we all hate your company and your shitty products?

tell those fuckups i need a way to cap my download speed in the application thank you

Well, my uncle works for Nintendo, AMA

I work for Polytron, OP is a lying faggot.

Alright OP, I'll play along. Can you tell me the workflow between the marketing team and gamedevs?

The web browser for launch was never meant to be part of the BF series. Blame DICE for that, not EA. At first it was their initial idea, since it would "save bandwidth when connecting to servers".

As for the servers themselves, I want to say we'll allow for them to be implemented but I'm not corporate.

We've learned from our mistakes. Bioware is on it's last legs because it's no longer making us the profit it originally promised back in '07. If par isn't met, we're done: that was the contract.

Busy. Lots of stress.

Believe it or not, EA has listened. Actually, we, the marketing team listened and have worked to make things more convenient for our customers. Past mistakes won't be forgotten, and we're hoping to make some big changes in how things are done coming the next few years. We want to change our image 180 degrees from what it has been.

You're not the only one to say that. Hopefully, we'll be pushing something out soon along with ipv6 compatibility.
Either way, our tech team knows about it.

Bulletstorm 2???

Man what happened to DICE? They went from fun loving Holla ForumsIrwin's to another call of duty studio

Probably someone from our firm. A lot of us lurk here and we all post. We do share a single IP.

This is one of the reasons we don't want to give out who we are. A lot of us fucking HATE BF1.

No word. Nothing yet.

He did not say he was straight.

I'm about one hundred and fifty percent certain you're full of shit OP but has anybody told that filthy street shitting Pajeet to stop being blatantly racist on Twitter or what? It's fucking disgusting.

Wew. Well that makes sense. Can you contact me privately? I wanna see how to fuck over EA without giving your away your identity. IF you're telling the truth that is.

This sound kinda legit, though. This is the type of retarded shit they'd pull.

I'm inclined to believe OP isn't LARPing because of this. Inquisition wasn't a complete disaster like the one person known as Holla Forums says, but it did barely scrape by.

Screencapped for good measure. The Telltale Games bit coming true will seal the deal that this is all legit. That would be hilarious.

Why do people buy this?

fuck you mark
>>>/vcollins/

DICE went to shit because they decided to hire anyone and everyone who had the ability to make a game.
Since I'm anonymous, l'll say this much: Troedsson is a fucking huge asshole. He's one of the most annoying cunts I've ever had the unfortunate opportunity to work with. Even a single critique and he flips his shit because, "dis game is perfect and it doesn't need changed; it is a form of art".

Fuck him. FUCK HIM. I don't want to go near that clown.

Just wait and see. You'll be surprised.
If you liked Wolf Among Us, you'll probably like this a bit more.

Because they sell.

I talked to an ex Criterion guy once. Are they still making that super complex car game?
Also is it true that working for EA is actually pretty sweet?

I'm straight, but single. I still don't know why this applies.

THIS!

Don't know. I haven't heard anything yet, so unless they're keeping it on the super dl, probably not.

Can't go into detail, but it isn't a bad job. Management is really great.

Tell us some office stories or rumors.

Because modern consoles lack backwards compatibility and people are morons who throw away last gen hardware the instant the new shit comes out. Meanwhile, at my side I have pretty much every gaming console to see any modicum of success because that /vr/ is too tasty.

Pic related but outdated. Moved consoles away from window after a bad storm and reincorporated Genesis+CD and Gamecube+GBP

He's using social engineering on you to out you! These days, it can't be that hard to find the one employee who's a "fucking white male(!)"

This Criterion game. Years ago they showed some alpha footage at E3

What is your job position op?

American Mcgee's Alice is making a huge comeback.

Scrapland is getting a sequel.

Chris Metzen is coming aboard (after saying this I cannot confirm my identity. I'd suggest you take this with a grain of salt)

Yeah, I know. I've heard nothing.

Can't tell you that.

I meant more like gossip, not speculation.

Oh…

Nothing really. We don't talk about each other too much.

I will believe you because this all sounds too familiar when talking to devs in a bar.
Godspeed and waiting on that Command and Conquer FPS :)

Won't happen. I can't assure you of that. Westwood's team will be brought back if corporate ever wants to do another sequel.

That's pretty lame.

*can

By the way, do many people from the industry browse the chans? Seems like disproportionately large amount of people did AMAs here

Stay away from C&C you monsters
you've already done too much

how is viseral games going? have they turned into bioware yet or are they skimming into that territory?

Did. We had a lot of AMAs back when Holla Forums gained traction, but the last one was ages ago.

Yes. Holla Forums has a huge impact on the industry, almost as much as 4chan did back in the day. Reddit is second in line and third are the boards on IGN.

Lots of us post here, getting feedback from people and giving it to the higher ups.

Don't you get my hopes up faggot

What advertisements?

How does normal damage control work for you guys, given EA's record of buying up studios and in almost every instance leading that studio to its ruination? Surely it's not just a "too big to fail" attitude. EA is often seen as being responsible for the stagnation of gaming where once great franchises are gone leading to less and less variety on the market. How do you do deal with the fact that your own company is the reason why you have less products to sell and some of the best IPs gone to waste?

Bullshit. EA hasn't made a game worth buying in the past 5 years.
Nothing against you (because I don't think you work for EA :^) ), but I don't think the company knows how to make decent games any more. I imagine they've bled their talent over the years and can't hire anyone decent anymore due to your reputation for unrewarded deathmarches.

Still mad after what they did to Mass Effect, Crysis, and Dead Space.

Do you want the truth or something that sounds good?

The answer is actually due to the fact that now we have competition where we didn't before. We have to change from the top down if we want to survive.

How did the office receive the sales of Mirror's edge? Did you think it failed? Was it a success? And how about Spore? Any news on that front?

Also, any opinion about SJW-bullshit? Do you think angry feminists and whitenights are gonna be complaining about current/upcoming games?

This. Assuming OP is telling the truth i'm really curious what other people in the company and especially people in marketing, management or PR think about that guy talking shit on Twitter and generally ruining Biowares image even further.

Nice setup.

That is actually nice to hear. So, can we expect more non politically correct games?

The truth and nothing but the truth

And mirror's edge.

You honestly believe that anyone cares what 1000 autists on an anime imageboard think?

I want to believe

So does that mean EA is vulnerable right now? I hope you don't mind hearing this but lots of people including myself would rather see EA gone than continue. EA redeeming itself is actually one of the last things anyone wants to see since that might appear to validate its aggressive tactics. EA could at least show some humility and that might help. Otherwise no one would miss EA once it crashes and burns.

But why do they sell?

*WE* didn't do anything to Mass Effect, Crysis or Dead Space.

The devs themselves wanted to "branch out". Crytech is a shit company at heart and couldn't live with not being able to be the "prettiest game of the year".

The original was a huge success, something we're still proud of to this day. The newest one, Catalyst, has also been a success, but not at the level of the first.

Don't know, EA makes every effort not to listen or hire them. The closest I've ever come to a feminist dev was Helper.
Let me tell you this - she's a fucking skank from hell. Don't even waste your time making fun of her, she's completely untalented.

They're slowly dying, and it looks like Hardline was the last straw. No one liked it, and it wouldn't surprise me if Dead Space 4 isn't released because Viseral probably won't be around to do so.

Let me be clear: I have nothing to due with how the games are made. I can guarantee nothing.

You make up at least 50% of free consumer feedback. We listen. We center our games around those who give us input.

haha. no.

see

I find this hard to believe, maybe reddit and IGN, but Holla Forums? You really find our shitposting useful?

*Crytek

We have an advanced search algorithm that looks for keywords.
You all love to spout of tons of those words.

Why did Visceral make Hardline? Was it their idea or DICE?

What the fuck happened to Telltales Batman? Why is it so shit.

How would you describe your experience working for a company that has historically been seen as the shit stain of shit stains of the gaming industry?

Interesting, and why you exactly do with that information once you finish to recollect it?

Star Wars Imperial Commando. Aren't you guys the ones with the IP? Is there anything about it in the works?
Is there any bloody thing at least resembling an FPS shooter with a squad you command following you? Is Sev ever gonna come back? :(

Explain Star Wars Battlefront. That shit was next level jewish magic with how you guys handled DLC and content missing from the previous games.

Also, tell your buddies to stop being gullible faggots and taking advice from a chan, at least at face value. The average person either can barely string words together and quotes other posts to hide his illiteracy.
I hope you faggots at least try to discuss the shit you read here and make sure the person on the other side actually knows what he is talking about before you even consider it proper feedback.

That just doesn't add up. Be honest. You can tell me. It can be our little secret.

DICE gave them permission when they wanted to try their hand at Battlefield, and EA allowed it. More or less, just a response to CoD and a poorly excuted one.

We had nothing to do with anything prior to Oz.

An opportunity to improve.

Use it to develop games meant for a certain demographic. Women are a hugely untouched market, and Mirror's Edge was never intended to fill that void. Oz may, but that's not our final endeavor.

Is SSX going to get another (Decent) game? And by decent I mean has split-screen. Why would consoles allow for multiple controllers if you fags are going to abandon local multiplayer.

If you and everyone else in their thread wants to waste time on this game of pretend, then go ahead.

A reminder that EA is a terrible company. If you ever need proof, just scroll down this list and look at all the terrible games and ruined franchises.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Electronic_Arts_games

I know Battlefield 2143 is in the pipe, but how long?

Any information on that open world Star Wars game?

Any new Burnout games coming? Why did Rahzel stop being the radio guy for EA games.

I'm surprised no one has posted the most up to date Victims of EA image yet.

Nigga, that isn't advanced at all.

But theirs is.

Not happening kid. It's long gone. Also, we only had the rights to make Battlefront because Disney told us they wouldn't sue. The only FPS that you're going to see soon enough from Star Wars is another Battlefront, if it ever happens.
For the DLC, again, blame DICE. We allow companies to operate on their own accord, as long as they bring in the intended revenue promised in the contract.

Possibly, but it won't be developed by EA Canada this time around. I have heard nothing at all.

No idea. The idea of another sci-fi Battlefield has been floating around though.

Disney revoked everything. Everything.

Burnout is a good possibility, and the former devs from Criterion might show up for it. Don't know which branch would be in charge though.

He got a contract with Red Bull and never looked back. Really want him back, since he was great to work with.

Hes in marketing, he just has buzzwords in his vocabulary. This thread is "community outreach" marketing, I have a feeling this is their new strategy since we don't allow non-archived links anymore, honestly I prefer it.

Anyhow, folks, I'm out. See you later.

Thanks, do this more often and get other people you know in game marketing to do this as well

Gamergate made feminists cry all the way to the white house, Trudeau, and the U.N. Same exact thing happened with the Presidential Election of 2016 and the man we backed won with congress, the house, and the Senate in tow. Even if other websites were involved, we no doubt had our influence felt and masterminded plenty of ops. If twitter keeps losing stock from anons continuously treating it as their own designated shitposting site to the degree that we're brought up in news reports and hitpieces which even one of our very own banners references, it's definitely not out of the question that EA's aware of us.

By the way, assuming you are legit, OP, you said that EA isn't that warm to feminism/social justice. Will the company still do pandering to 'diversity' going forward in say, 2017's E3, especially with how things have turned out against political correctness as exemplified recently?

If only Toddy were to follow your example. See ya around, hopefully.

Well, only time will reveal if this was bullshit or not

You're retarded; I don't know what else to tell you.

Things I learned from this thread if it's legit.
1. Community outreach may be happening more.
2. EA is vulnerable. Tee hee hee
3. EA like other publishers fear losing people to food company contracts. Old news but needs to be said.

See you in another thread EA-kun

there is a God.

OP's gone already? Oh well, it was nice to have something resembling an AMA on here again, but at least we still have the We Shall Wake devs to keep us updated.

I'm not TIME Magazine bitching about us being the "most trolly" website on the internet. Point is, word spreads around and our shitposting definitely has not gone completely unnoticed. It'd explain why I get the feeling cuckchan and plebbit's been shitting up the place. In fact, you sound like a butthurt user from either of them.

I'll leave you with one last thing, the whole ordeal with Metzen. It's a bit more than just a rumor, primarily because he's jumping ship after how he's been treated over at Activision-Blizzard.

Again, can't confirm this, but evidence proves he might be coming aboard EA. I'd love to work with the guy, since I met him before and he ended up being incredibly friendly. You want to know who killed WoW? It wasn't Metzen, it was Activision demanding they release their expansions bi-yearly, creating a sense of urgency where none needed to exist.

I'd love to work with him in an environment where he's able to actually produce something instead of being shit on 24/7 by Bobby Kotick.

But Metzen makes the worst lore.

fucking this. he might be the nicest guy ever but who the hell cares, his writing is garbage

Being a good guy doesnt excuse shitting all over Warcraft for years

What the jewing fuck, this game was free once.

Also, where the fuck is the goddam cancelled port of 1943 and BFBC1?

Meanwhile, do you know if Criterion was almost sued by Konami because the original Burnout was pretty much an remake of Thrill Drive?

Fuck you. This thread is pointless. You're pointless, EA is pointless.
You want feedback? Here's feedback. Make that game. People will melt their wallets against the PC to play it and if you guys by sheer luck (since it's clearly not gonna be talent) don't fuck it, you'd have the redemption you say you strive for.

Or at least sell the damn IP to someone that gives a shit and\or has talent since you fags hate making money this much.

As another shitty mobile phone, I bet. Why aren't you more clear about this? In that line of questions, do you even think mobile games are good?

Nigger it's a failure, but not because it had no games. It's basically a proto-saturn, the fucks behind it had a solid library for it, but kept shooting themselves in the foot with retarded decisions until they had to dump the console.

Answer this

Yeah, much like your games, I'm not buying it. Hearing about Bioware getting fucked did make me smile a bit, even if it's just a lie.

On the off-chance that there is any truth to this, and EA takes them out behind the shed, please have a representative there to take pictures of the devastation. I would love to see the look on Pajeet Heir's face while he's being escorted out of the building with his entire life's work packed up in a little white box right next to his stapler and his "white tears" mug.

Like, you remember that time when Sierra shuttered their Oakhurst Studio, and they didn't tell anybody what was happening. People just showed up for work one random monday to find all their projects canceled or transferred and a goon squad there telling them they needed to pack shit up and GTFO immediately.

Bioware is long overdue for their own Chainsaw Monday.

Bonus point if you can get them all geared up with the potential for a big new project with a substantial budget coming their way, and then pull the level on the trap door.

Considering how nothing is as controlled as some people would want it to be, I have a strong feeling that the dude was for real. After all - EA is a publisher and not the developer, they might be slow on understanding what is going on but it's not their job to make the games - just to make sure that they are delivered on time while taking care of the marketing and distribution.
Heck, if it is not done to fuck over good teams, like Zenimax does, it all sounds like a nice job

Absolute disgust.

So who had the brilliant idea of blaming the hate EA received on homophobes? That took a joke award any sane company would brush off from committed fans and turned it into something real and disgusting. It helped those thousands of fans with slight grievances never want to purchase something with the EA brand on it again.

EA's pinkwashing on this could be considered a case study on how to not interact with community. When are they going to apologize and admit it made the situation worse?

hows security in the building? do you see a crazy gamer columbine situation or even a daesh terrorist attack as a possibility?

Anonymouse thinks this guy's legit. Sure there's a few writing mistakes but it looks too professional.

Anonymouse is glad to have acquired a bunch of info.

2 was so fucking good. I heard 'this ones on a planet' and nearly jizzed imagining a wilderness forest area with necromorphs in the trees and shit. What a shame.

Now THAT'S judaism if I ever saw it.
If you're not lying about all this shit and it turns out to be an unmolested 1942 with pretty graphics, I would seriously consider finding a way to play it without actually buying it.

Is SimCity ever coming back, hopefully in a throwback style and that doesn't suck ass because of multiplayer?

It didn't even see a profit, bullshit.

Bioware and DICE being full of them sort of proves differently.

You're company bleeds 200 million yearly and just lost the Star Wars liscences with several games in development. All you have left is DICE and Bioware and Bioware is nearly dead. It is public knowledge Inquisition didn't turn a profit, so either you're lying or you are ignorant.

I'm a bit late to the party here, but I've had this in my mind since I read the OP. After reading the whole thread, I changed my opinion a little but admittedly, not by much.

Here's a tip EA If you are what you say you are: People on the internet don't usually forget, facts remain in the public domain for a long time after they have first been released, and in some cases (especially with EA) they definitely will NOT forgive for the grievances brought about by the facts given. So if any suited Corporate officials are still reading this thread, and indeed reading the pages on this board then hear this: you cannot brush the bad news under the rug like it never happened. You cannot pretend you didn't destroy and consume those beloved companies back in the early to mid 2000s/late 90s. This shit is WHY you won the 'worst company of the year award' TWO YEARS IN A ROW.

Your company is simply not in touch with any semblance or form of humanity or human empathy. Why do you think I say that? How many people do you think lost their jobs because of you, had their dreams shattered, had their lives irreversibly changed, had their livelihood taken, all because of one decision. Every decision you make is undoubtedly on a corporate level, and even your style of writing seems to suggest that past your inclinations as an employee, and your own personal input on the joys of working, you seemingly have very little to give.

Your company's track record is awful, and frankly, that alone should be enough to make you guys think that a lot of people on here at least.. I hope will not want to stand for your shit.

To Ea.
You. Are. Hated.
I hate you.
I hate what you stand for
I hate what you've done
I hate that you will now try to pretend that it all never happened
I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say I hate that companies, pure corporate companies like EA, are what is destroying the industry.

You have no passion and soul for what you do in a fundamentally creativity centred environment. Once you learn that the consumer/customer is not a sheep, but a person - and one that should be treated with respect and affirmation, THEN you may actually be turning your company around or trying a new devious trick.

Either way, if this lengthy diatribe really has had no effect on any of you, then consider doing this:

Just some food for thought.. Don't take any of it too seriously of course, this is all ALLEGEDLY speaking :^)

They would have won 3 but for some reason all the game Journalists didn't report on the contest being held in the third year. How suspicious.

Does your dad work for nintendo? Mine does. It's real in my mind.

My uncle also works for SEGA

Thank you for the BF that lets us shoot and kill niggers.

Can you kike vermin do me a solid and release a proper sequel to Dead Space 2, with the crisp graphics from 2 instead of blur and bloom and without the dumbed down gameplay and shitty story from 3? Thanks.

Thank you based Mark, savory of Holla Forums and protector of approved board culture, for allowing this thread.