PC Alternatives

Seeing that pic related is garbage, and gog is now going that way. How easy is it to play new games without pirating? Or is Steam not as bad as Holla Forums tends to claim. How is it malware? I noticed that most old games you can setup private servers and or it is pretty easy too set on up myself.

What's your point, exactly? You looking for an excuse to keep sucking off gaben or am I misunderstanding something?

If you want to pay for your games, then yes, it's virtually the only distributor. The reason most anons hate it is because 1.gaben gets a slice of all sales 2.paid mods 3. It's not free as in freedom.

Good luck buying/playing games without a Steam account.

You're Gabe's bitch now and you are going to like it.

move on from PC gaming, then.

I wouldn't hate Valve as much if they actually did something good for videogames with their money. Sony/MS/Nintendo fund games and help out developers. What does Valve do nowadays?

my uncle at valve told me they're working on the pc 2

I don't really look at "I am a PC gamer or console gamer". If I see a game I like, I find the means to play it. I think it just covers games entirely, there is nothing new coming out that looks fun or interesting. I just am sick of being a backlog autistic. Also, I can't find a fucking fun game to grind in. mmorpgs are all shit. I am just wondering how you anons go about deciding what to play without using "normalfag" means of doing so.

Enjoyit while it lasts. Age of piracy is quickly coming to a close

What do you mean?

Which recent game didn't get cracked?
I remember HAWX being the uncracked for almost a decade now.

is denuvo even on anything good yet?
most of the games i've heard of it on i wouldn't be playing anyway, not that i'd buy a game with drm.

New hitman

BOONTY BOX

greenlight?

good luck using your phone when the telecom companies go under! any day now…

Well I'm a "weeb" and only play JRPGs and VNs nowadays.

Is a good site for that sort of thing. And

Has all the Japanese games and software you could possibly want. So my involvement with Steam is minimal.

jewbundle is a decent alternative to gog for some games, and they don't have the phone home file.
it's too bad more devs don't just sell drm free copies through their own payment system or amazon/similar services.

I read somewhere that they are forcing users to use their client in order to get games. I could be way wrong, I will have to look for it again.

www.indiegamestand.com
itch.io
www.playism-games.com
www.gamersgate.com

also humble bundle as well

They don't do refunds and they're mostly indie games so I doubt those will be alternatives you want.

GOG client is completely optional last I checked

Is that even fully out yet?

Doesn't humble bundle just give you a cd key or whatever for Steam? don't you still need to run the game through Steam?

What you consider as good will only lead to games being released on one system, and seeing how shit modern consoles are nowadays I cannot consider it as good in any way.

You have direct download option.

depending on what you consider fully out. the 6 episodes are finished. they said they plan on adding more episodes since the original ones they planned for did well enough. its on 50% discount right now.

some games are drm free, you have to check which options are available. it has a few games that gog does not have which is why i've used it in the past.

I doubt anyone is gonna bother cracking that until it gets some ultimate/goty edition.

what the replies before me said

also
www.dlsite.com
www.nyumedia.com
they have all the japanese indie games.

Also try going through comiket games links to get games as well.

TF2 hats

i just want to keep good backups of games i buy, there aren't enough alternatives.

I pirate 99.99% of my games, a lot of those being on console emulators.
The small amount of Steam games I have I got them for the online.
Steam's shady practices hardly affect me because I barely use their service.
I understand Holla Forums's point of boycotting Steam because they've incurred in bad practices with time, like paid mods, but there's nothing wrong with personal usage of it.
Unless somebody confirms it's spyware (with actual evidence and not fear mongering).

You can buy just about everything from the devs website, I can't remember the last time I tried to buy from a dev only to find it wasn't an option.
that said I haven't brought AAA trash in years

GoG is going to keep their client optional, but that doesn't excuse the fact that they're library is small as FUCK. Most of their stuff is abandonware that's only worth is nostalgia. Other than the Witcher series, no real "exclusives" come to mind.

At the very fucking least Uplay and Origin give you free stuff. Valve just offers already free games on their client, which doesn't make any sense. No one wants to download and play free games through Steam when you can get them straight from the devs website.
Also, fuck the "deals" Valve uses to keep us using it's shit service. G2A is significantly cheaper and I've yet to have a problem with it.

i can't confirm spyware in steam itself, though leaving it on with wireshark for an hour would probably show it.
vac likes to look at fairly private information and has been caught doing so. assuming you play any vac games.

most of the time if i go to buy from the dev's website it just sends me to gog or jewbundle's payment system. which is not completely awful.

Oh they have an in-house anti cheat system?
I liked it back when moderators just banned the cheaters. You weren't supposed to take it seriously if you lost a match online because of a cheater. It's just a videogame.
Anyways, I guess I'm safe in USFIV

Explain.

How can you look at the character designs in your pic with anything other than total disgust?

It's fine, but having to open Steam to play a game is a nuisance. Especially when it takes 15 minutes to install updates(?) every week.

Like Steam with 1/10th the selection but none of the headache.

Free. All the selection, none of the headache, (usually) no multiplayer.

Also
Assuming they do, it'll probably be encrypted data anyway. Would be very difficult to prove anything.
They could even send your spied data in small chunks, mixed in with other stuff, or hidden with stenography, so finding it would be very very difficult.

Developers like Steam because it's be most accepted form of DRM. The only way to get rid of Steam is to not use it at all. Not even for gratis games. Gaben is an ex-Microsoft employee, he has no scruples to fuck people over, he's just more clever about it than others and goes in slowly.

If you really want to play new game pirate them and never talk about them (even when talking about games you are advertising). I don't even pirate games, I just don't play them at all. There is a fuckton of great old game I have never played, enough to last be a lifetime.

Fuck Free as in Freedom, at this point just having the games DRM-free would be a massive win. We can talk about Free as in Freedom after that i.e. never

People who claim Steam is malware are flatly retarded, be it because they don't understand how Steam works (almost all games can be played nonSteam either out of the box or with a quick DLL swap) or just don't care. It's still probably the most convenient digital distributor out there even with Gabe going full retard and that two-factor authentication being forced on you if you want to trade, and even with the 2FA if you don't trade in TF2 or over Steam in general then you don't need to have it. I fucking hate it but that's because it's a failed anticheat and a failed trade scam preventative, and I trade now and again using WinAuth instead of the busted phone app.

Also a nice games manager. GoG is good mainly for piracy due to no DRM on most titles but Steam is a better service in general while GoG fills a niche Steam can't.

if steam games were as easy to run as you've tried to make it sound in your first paragraph why is gog the preference for piracy?
i pirate plenty but if i'm going to buy a game it has to be drm-free so i can keep a local backup of it and use it whenever i feel like it instead of going through the trouble of launching, signing in and updating a shitty drm system.

because people are so fucking retarded they don't understand how to drag a crack over

By not being a normalfag? Fellow humans are almost aliens to me (not kidding here) so I have no idea what's considered "right" or "wrong".

You sound like a huge loser.

Steam is basically videogame Facebook nowadays and they make money just like Facebook. Selling your data to publishers and marketing agencies.

Knowing your gaming and purchasing habits is valuable in the internet economy.

Born mentally handicapped is indeed a losing proposition user.

wow you mean publishers will get to know what games i like so they can make more games like that? what an awful future we live in

There's tons of autists here. You're just not a cool autist.

steam actually isn't as bad as Holla Forums says. things are only legitimately bad when the entire board comes together in agreement, not just a loud bunch. that said, if you want the best product in the best and most perfect form, you should probably just stick to piracy. if you really, really like a game you can buy it later symbolically, sure, but as far as sp games are concerned, you'll generally get the best product if you pirate.

BY CHOICE

its one thing to get mad at facebook for selling your actual personal info but getting mad that publishers get to see what get purchased a lot is a real fucking stretch. amazon does the exact same shit

Eh, I think the last time I used Steam was to play Dark Souls II and we all know how that turned out. I agree with the Facebook aspect though. Some steam profiles I have seen is really really fucking bad.

Anons who bitch about Steam are piratefags only, Steam or not they would be piraetfags only.
Steam is alright as long as you dont cocksuck Valve and crack the games after installing them.

Steamworks works as a placebo more than anything since its always cracked day one and Valve has made no efforts to better its security.

Steam is a good service. Valve is one of the better companies out there, being privately owned.

Being an absolute monopoly is both an advantage and disadvantage. Nobody wants to have to install a dozen services to run their games.

The only problem I see with Steam being is if they decide you did something wrong and ban you. Though I am not aware of that happening.

getting a PC with a i5 and a 1050ti soon, what are some good games that take advantage of this hardware? New Doom, Metal Gear Solid V, Cities Skylines, Planet Coaster…. the Steam store is a bitch to search through… what do you enjoy?

I liked MGSV personally, but it's unfinished and won't actually take advantage of your hardware.
New Doom seems like it'll push your hardware to the limit and take advantage of it.

The recent games I've personally enjoyed are the Shadow Warrior 1&2, Rainbow Six: Siege, God Eater and Way of the Samurai 4.

kill yourself faggot

What's your alternative then? A console that can have it's services shut down whenever they want? Pirating so you have to either learn how to crack games, wait and beg for cracks, and still be at the risk of the gubberment coming to take your games? Or steam, where they can take your games away? It is a lose lose on all fronts, it just depends on which way you want to get fucked.

Steam Accounts are legally called Subscriptions. You never really own anything.

No save your bandwith/dosh, go play some Doom WADs, Pillowblaster ones if you want to take advantage of that processing power.
Rest are pretty alright with the exception of Denuvo on the last one.

If they dont give you access to your licenses its jail time.
Do some actual research instead of talking out of your ass.
EULA doesnt cover shit especially now that Volvo is rightfully getting shit on for their kike refund policies.

And? You don't own anything through any other method.

Exactly like any digital media physical or not
Welcome to the real world jackass

Are you lost?

Yeah, okay, have fun weebshit.

And where'd you get those games huh? Piracy?
do you even know what that means.

Are you Implying I can't?
Even if every digital distributor shuts down which is illegal as they will be stopping access to your licenses I can just go to any torrent site.
But I'm a slavboo you retard

I also thought Steam performed bad until I upgraded my computer 5 years ago.

in your case I think suicide would be a good thing too

dont forget about selling unfinished games and flooding steam with garbage

why doom 2016 is bad?
I don't want meme answers, just reasons why.

And theres another cap I cant find because its been several months.
The cyclical was bad enough, I'm not typing all the arguments several anons gave why this game was garbage.

GOG is the preference because doing nothing is easier than a drag and drop of a cracked dll.

Loads of Steam games are identical, the presence of DRM at all is the developer's/publisher's choice with Steam. Open a game from your steamapps folder sometime, if it's not a Source game chances are it'll load or try to.

Steam isn't as bad as Holla Forums will have you out to believe. But you need to be smart about how you use it or you will end up spending way more money than you intend. I have a library of around 300 games, and I've only spent $60 on it.
In addition I heavily suggest you involve yourself when developers make their games available off platform.

>Nobody wants to have to install a dozen any services to run their games.
FTFY

Your problems are self imposed. Get some taste.

Definitely be smart about using Steam, blowing money on it willy nilly is as dumb there as it is with any other store, not to mention with the time limit behind refunds if you change your mind for any reason.

This is about Video Games, not the shit you eat for breakfast.

steam is so fucking invasive holy shit

just pirate and find alternative ways to give money directly to devs you want to support.

nice meme generator XD XD XD

and you'll find that there's nothing interesting happening with the PC. Get a console instead.

PC gaming is dead now, killed by Steam, but consoles are going to turn into the same thing. because Gaben demonstrated that it works.
Thank you Gaben for destroying video games.

learn some self control

i like how people go on about muh free market then start complaining about shitty games on steam when valve makes the market more open and free

GoG is perfectly fine. There are a few places that still games, like Gamersgate (never bought anything there though), Humble Jew Store, There is also uPlay and Origin, but you'd have to be really desperate to even consider using them.

topkek

thats ignoring the tons of other shareware games that didn't make any fucking money and thus the model was scrapped

4 games, dont forget exile.

If you want to buy the games, but don't want steam, you can buy it from steam, download it, then put the game's folder somewhere else and implement a generic steam crack.

There is no other way.

It's not about self-control, it's about discoverability. Which is shit on Steam - decent new releases get buried under trash and EA.

and this is a new hassle for you, or are you only interested in whats advertised to you? maybe you need steam to wipe your ass for you too.

It's recent on Steam.

Tell me, how do you find games that interest you? And let's think outside of one single genre, because if you only play one genre, your opinion ain't worth shit. How do you discover that interesting RPG when it's buried under pages upon pages of trash in the RPG section? Or do you rely purely on word of mouth and hope that someone on Holla Forums makes a thread about some game that you might be interested in, potentially skipping out on good games that nobody of Holla Forums will ever hear about? There are almost 10000 games on Steam, not counting all the DLCs which also clutter the storefront.

I check the last pages of certain genres and mix up some tags.

if its a hassle i think thats amazing, because its a hell of a lot easier than going down to a blockbuster or gamestop and looking through their libraries without knowing exactly what it is. if you were lucky you could maybe read the box it came in which is meant to hook you with nonsense. getting upset about this is silly when before steam existed you would have gotten your game news from elsewhere and youre still fully capable of doing so.

honestly, i just go through new releases once in a while, i almost never find anything good but thats hardly the fault of games i dont like.
you can filter out greenlight by adding -greenlight to your search if you want

No. Your faggotry burns so brightly that you can be used for celestial navigation.

My physical PC game collection wants to have a word with you.

/thread
unless Holla Forumsirgins are too busy bitching about vidya to actually buy the alternatives