Dear Holla Forums, how do you get through college?

Dear Holla Forums, how do you get through college?

I go to a pretty prestigious university, with a lot of educational resources and good prospects for when I leave. Problem is, I can't access those resources and I'm completely unenthusiastic about those prospects, because the whole college schedule is set up to drain the fun from everything. Even my major, anthropology, should be super fun - I find the theory really interesting - but it's so bogged down in mandatory "learn these exact definitions and don't work with any actual research" intro classes that I can't even feel enthused about that. Now I've got three essays and a paper due this week, but I'm just fucking around here rather than doing anything of use.

There are a few leftists here, and some of them are great for theory, but they're just friends. Student activism is boring as fuck, and I'm saying that as a Trot. Nobody seems to be moving anywhere, just masturbating their way through until they leave and go to the "real world".

Basically, the whole college-to-career railroad is really getting me down, and I'm not sure where my life should go from here. Thoughts?

Pick the easiest major you can and do a lot of drugs.

With the GI Bill.

You have to have the basic shit down pat so that you have a solid base to build on. I know that it is difficult to go into a class when you already know some shit about the subject, but if you focus on what the professor tells you then you will find some stuff you did not know in even the most basic classes.

I tried that. I just had to go back to school again twenty years later. At least it was fun the first time around.

My life has really improved a lot since I started smoking weed recently, I feel a lot happier and less troubled by melancholy, though I worry that not focusing on my despair will lead me to inauthentic suffering…

I guess just don't take yourself so seriously is the best advice to be given. Read some stoics, etc.

Smoking weed is a sin. Stop sinning sinner.

>>>/yourpersonalblog/

McDonald's here I come.

hi Holla Forums

It's boring as fuck. Glad I'm done with it in a week.

I don't want uni to end work is way worse.

Do your best, I am rooting for you, friend.

exactly
i don't want to leave uni either

sameee. just finished my last final of my undergraduate career and have no idea where I want to go.

So much of uni is based on finding work though

Everything has to suck as much as possible I swear

is anyone here considering law school after they graduate from undergrad? if so, have you considered in areas of focus?

Suck it up and do your work

I just might make it comrades

What you were sold was an idea, an ethos and a lifestyle. Mid- to high-tier universities are romanticized almost to death. In the end these find no real expression.

Even at the best universities you will always be constrained by the incapable and indolent, as long as they are shunted into education by economic concerns and not a love of learning, and as long as universities continue to reach out and cater to them.

Gradschool

iktf

I'm in my final year of uni. it's been shit but i'm dreading having to work even more

Life fucking sucks doesn't it? Since shit like that makes you that happy.

College is over-rated, don't bog yourself down with the weight of the concept. Just study a fuck ton, accept that there are only 52 real leftists in the entire world, and do what makes you happy in the mean time.

Although, I cannot really connect with this "college-to-career railroad," it felt like all of my courses didn't give any shits about anything but theory. However, my major was intended as a prep for grad school.

I've never had any clue what I wanted to do in life. My parents pushed me into going.

bedankt pvda

Is David North one?

You drop out because you're a burger and have no money

That is the great joke of higher education. It expects students to have a career path in mind before they even know what the available careers are.

Commodified higher education will do that
Colleges will tout their "resources for finding employment" as a marketable asset, leaving out of course that you are always the one to do all the work in the end either way, not least of which is discovering what you actually enjoy, or tolerate.
There are places that put less outright emphasis on employment, of course, and you can often tell from a book like the Fiske Guide, visiting, or perhaps from their own sites. It's never a bad thing to know what you're getting into.

Try to set up a "leftist student union" or something, have meetings for current events discussion and theory. Praxis is a necessarily communal thing, and if the community infrastructure doesn't exist or the community at large is lacking, it falls to you to set it up.
At worst it's an opportunity to hang out with friends and share your common interest. Whether or not it leads to the grander sense of purpose you seem to be searching for, that much offers a stable sense of identity. Just block idpol.
Holla Forums has to colonize the real world sooner or later.

letterlijk hoe arm?

I cheat on nearly every subject because at this point I'm just there for that piece of shit degree which I don't even plan on using.

My college experience has been semi decent, have met fun people and ocassionally party, but the majority of classes I've seen have been boring shit. English classes are the worst, the majority of topics touched in those classes are on work, interviews and that sort of thing.

Holy trips, Kek is with us.
Now you have to do it OP

Wow who knew leftypol would be full of so many losers

rebel stahp

Less connection to one's social environment means someone is more willing, able and likely to entertain "non-mainstream" ideas and modes of thinking. It's not rocket surgery
It applies to our NEETsoc brothers just as well

you're a tough guy

What a fucking non-story.
Someone NOT in the CIA says that if a HYPOTHETICAL situation occurred, something would happen as a result.
No we have no authority reporting and no evidence that anything happened.
And THESE faggots are complaining about "fake news"

I'm not IN the CIA, Skyler, I AM. THE CIA.