WHY IS THIS GAME SO FUCKING GOOD

WHY IS THIS GAME SO FUCKING GOOD

Other urls found in this thread:

masterbootrecord.bandcamp.com/album/c-chkdsk-f
doomworld.com/vb/doom-3-general/87422-rare-unused-monster-in-doom-3-files/
archive.is/uEH7P
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

explain

You really cannot fuck up the game where you shoot demons with shotgun.

The monsters are way slow and you're too fast. So this → feels very good. Of course, you actually have to be able to move both sticks at the same time if you're using a gamepad or you have to be able to use WASD and move the mouse at the same time. :^)

check my doubles

There you go Todd

Fuck off cunts its a good game and if autistic man children are allowed to talk about Pokemon we should be able to talk about fucking demons to death.

You are able. It's not like they can stop you. The can call you a shill or Todd dick sucker, just like you called the Pokemon fans autists.

You have Hdoom for that, which nuDoom doesn't have.
Yeah if bullet sponges, crap music, and instant kills that get old fast is fun to you then sure.

Because you're a newfag, OP. Try playing the originals.

Unless you're Todd. If you are, go away.

(you)

I like the game but I can't really disagree with any of those points.
I take it you meant glory kills.

Better?

False dichotomy.

I guess. It's not a sequence of inputs.

This

haha 2 opposites

I thought we left Bethesda shills back on cuckchan?

It's not good you fucking mongoloid, all the weapons feel like peashooterd, the demons are super bland looking and giving a jumping button ruins the entire level design.
Get some good taste retard

Dubs

lol good thread!
Here's my favorite meme!

I'd like to take this moment to bring up the fact that every demon in DooT (bosses excluded) have "technically" infinite health. I come to this conclusion from trying to complete a challenge later on in the game, to kill a Mancubus with the starting pistol. Now, with the regular shotgun, even on Ultraviolence, I can pelt it down to a glorykill state and then dead without interaction (and had the rune to make getting them there easier, effectively lowering their maximum health), and I began to wail on it with the pistol.
It did not do enough damage in time, and it exited the glorykill state. This sequence repeated several times though. Glory kills insinuate that the monster is nearing the brink of death and prompt you for an interaction with a health reward and a finishing blow, etc, but this means the monster was regenerating its health each time for failing to do enough damage to it. It may have a fixed total health, but if you didn't damage it fast enough, or any monster fast enough for whatever reason, you could very easily run yourself out of ammunition. The ultimate bullet sponge.

Nice game design.

Because you haven't played a lot of games.

Do you use bullets for glory kills? If not, both are true, and both suck a fat horse dong.

Because you are not very good at fps games. It has low skill ceiling. When reached, game becomes boring and its mechanics become limiting.

And I didn't even compare it to the original Doom.
DooT is average at best.

Because you have shit taste

Reddit has come to.
pic related.

The fact that you refer to Holla Forums as this proves you're a newfag.
So fuck off

Fuck off already Bethesda.

Doom was never good.

Reminder that this is likely that actual faggot, Alpha(the 'reddit l33t')blaster, who constantly shit posts about NuDoom.

Not only a testament to how pitiful the is pistol, but the game design as well as the flow of the game. Learning this the hard way in Nightmare - was disgusting.

Its perfect couch FPS, but worst PC type of shooter, which is really sad.

or just bait

You people are really not even trying at this point.
Nobody cares about the game anymore, fuck off.
Also,

The enemies are a lot more dangerous than in other Doom games though. 15 at the same time on the hardest difficulty = you're gonna be retrying that area for a good while.

The game is a lot of fun even if it doesn't feel very classic Doom-like. Still one of the best shooters in many years because its good action and decent manly plot instead of the usual garbage we get nowadays: cover shooters where you kill and die for Israel like a perfect goy.

good job falling for the opinion that its good. if you want some more games following the "hallway, arena, hallway, arena" map design you should try the recent call of duty games, they'll fit your tastes nicely.

The game isn't even difficult on Nightmare, and I can clear out an entire room within 2 minutes or less. So essential - git good. If you're retrying an arena, it is due to the game design: how you constantly need to bait death (as ammo drops when you're low on health) early on to have sufficient ammo, until you completely upgrade your ammo reserve.

I wouldn't even particularly call it a terrible game, merely forgettable, with no longevity. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Serious Sam, but this game fails to impress me in the slightest. The vapid meta is utterly devoid of fun, with how there is always this safe cushion, that you can fall back on when the going gets too tough. It's the antithesis of Serious Sam, where instead of constantly throwing 'tricks and traps' at you,it gives you a pat on the back — as well as some ammo and health — when you're on the brink of death.

stop being such a retarded 4chong contrarian. doom4's campaign is actually good.

Fuck yes OP This game kick ass
FUCK YEAS

meanwhile OG Doom could throw over 50 enemies at once over you
the higher amount of enemies which idtech1 could render on screen was also taken advantage of by spicing up the group with different enemy types, placing them in many different positions, and designing the level layout in a way that the geometry complements the enemies in terms of difficulty

nudoom places you in some open playground with a bunch of things to jump on and spawns in enemies at random
that's the worst part about the level design in nuDoom, because of the direction they took barely any level can stand out because of THAT encounter. there are barely any levels which restrict your ability to move everywhere (the parts which aren't open arenas barely have any enemies in them)
the maps are more suited for multiplayer than anything, which wouldn't be a problem if the enemy AI had skills identical to yours (e.g. being able to dodge, lead their shots to hit you, sort of like how Unreal and Descent did it), but the general AI routine of enemies in nuDoom is cookie-cutter stuff, I found Imps to move around at random rather than in any meaningful way, and quite frankly I don't think the AI in nuDoom is any better than in Doom

sure, the enemies are capable of a lot more stuff than their counterparts in OG Doom, but enemy abilities does not equals AI, good AI is about how an enemy can use its abilities to provide a fair challenge. Descent, FEAR, and Unreal have universally-considered good AIs because their skillset is on par with yours, and every aspect of YOUR skillset is challenged by the enemy AI

whereas Imps in nuDoom can't even lead their fireballs and force me to get creative with my dodging, none of the enemies cooperate in a meaningful way because of the freedom of movement I'm given to dodge them all, and there's no enemy priority to speak of aside from maybe the hell barons/knights

had my freedom of movement been restricted and prevented me from circlestrafing endlessly and using verticality as a get-out-of-jail card, nuDoom would have been much more interesting in terms of avoiding damage
instead it made the same mistake Descent 3 made after Descent 1 and 2, where you are given so much space to move around in that dodging becomes so simple as there's no reason to play defensively at all

serious sam had the guts to surprise the player
nudoom constantly plays it safe, what with encounters being only triggered once you destroy the demon nest

explain

They aren't. If anything they're actually easier.

Much of the abilities of the enemies have can be boiled down to "fire projectile" or "melee charge". This isn't much more advanced than in original Doom, where it was "melee charge", "fire projectile", or "fire hitscan weapon". Even with that simple loss, the lack of a hitscan enemy to immediately threaten space makes moving about arenas a rather thoughtless action, so dodging projectiles becomes a lot more easy and enemies that attack with melee are made much less effective.

There's also the fact that enemy abilities don't interact well with their environment. Doom may not have had complex environments but it was interacted well with enemy abilities and did not impede them. in DooT, the environments more often than not impede enemies as the added verticality was not factored well into enemy movement and actions - very few enemies can actually deal with a player constantly moving between different heights with little thought and will just make their attacks ineffective.

The only way in which enemies are made tougher than in older titles is that they've been given more health that can regenerate if you don't kill them correctly. But given that engaging with them is so easy, this only means fighting them is made more tedious rather than difficult.

Nice try

I think it's pretty neat.

dskhdskdkhs

what's neat about it?

No sir I will not check that.

Because your standards are so low you're desperate to find a game you liked playing from this year's sea of shit

Has anyone tried porting or remaking the maps from this game into GZDoom?

I think they did.
The D4D trailer had the first area remade.

it is when the lore spends more time talking about shit that doesnt matter like technical details or other boring shit, there's lore for almost fucking everything, lore is badly told through the game itself and barely influences your enjoyment of the game, the new lore indicator pops up every three minutes, and the lore indicator WON'T GO AWAY UNTIL YOU PRESS TAB

its actually Holla Forums that believes every opinion that isnt their own is a meme you have to "fall for"

BUT MUH GRAPHICS

Was REmake AAA user?

kike spambot?

Yes, that is the point of this website: to hide away from the legions of shiteating normalfags that infest everywhere else.
You'd know that if you weren't fresh off the boat from reddit.

this

if you werent fresh from 10$chan youd know were actually here to discuss video games in an uncensored environment

Sadly for you not every user is a cuckchan rapefugee.

Its no. Its just not absolute shit like all other AAA games.

Now check em

well i suppose youre not, considering your imgur and kym file names.

!

What's the difference between the REmake and RE1 on Gamecube?

Thank god I'm not

Yes this game is very fun! If you like it you should also buy Fallout 4!

thank you fellow anonymous user

stop bumbing this horrid piece of shit thread

also shout out to the piece of shit hotpockets who thinkms leaving this thread up is an epic troll lel

Well no, I haven't, that's why I'm asking.
I know there's Resident Evil 1 on PSX (as well as a bunch of other systems) in 1994.
Then there's the Resident Evil remake for GameCube released in 2002.
And Resident Evil / biohazard HD REMASTER released last year for the big three.
We have 3 versions of the same game. As far as I know, their differences are only in the polycount and maybe some gameplay changes for intuitiveness.

hdoom is trash and so is nudoom

Hell no, REmake is everything RE1 did good with new stuff (enemies, areas, characters), with better all around everything and great graphics.
REmake HD is just REmake ported with shinnier graphics.

Alrighty then.
Why bring up a game from 2002 when a guy is talking about playing AAA games in recent years?
Do I have to remind you that 1990 was over a hundred years ago?

original re1 was a pretty barebones resident evil game at its core. imagine re2 or 3 with only the very basics in place. then there was a couple directors cuts/"dualshock editions"/whatever that basically just added small generally gimmicky things. the gamecube version was a total remake; graphically it was way more detailed, they added some new items/areas/weapons i think and it's generally regarded as the best version. the "new" ones that just came out are just the gamecube ones HDified yet again

I fucking hate you people.

Poster IDs are a thing, faggot.

Maybe if we had sage on by default and you would have to manually turn it off we wouldnt have this thread getting bumped all the time

Who told you those lies?

Those two crates have the same blood splatter texture I wouldnt be surprised if the two boxes through the far doorway had the same issue

Correct
Does it add anything to the gameplay, the atmosphere or the story to know that your shotgun barrel was forged on Mt Dumbshit by King Faggot the Wide and quenched in the cunt juices of Mongtard goddess of retards?

What about all the other games with lore buttons and lore tabs in the menu they all need to have now are they better for it?
Pausing the game to read all about that brick you just passed and having the game not stop nagging you until do you is awful and I hope it goes away

Because it came out in a time where everything else was shit. It gave you multiple alt fires for shit you could already do, the level design devolves into arenas with platforming in-between. Even in Hell, the place where all the demons are coming from, enemies will still spawn in instead of being all over the place.

The fact that you seem to love this game so much tells me that you haven't played many other games like it.

I can't tell if you're shitposting or if you're actually calling someone a manchild for having an opinion. Either way, you really shouldn't be here.

yes, and?

Bully the plebbit, the faggot who knows not the putrid hand behind SRS, the amorphous blob of an entity that dictates plebbit on what to think and how to think

Because nobody owned a Gamecube

What?

this is fucking insane, but after gamebryo everything is possible

It's alright.

He wasn't. Learn to read before you say dumb shit.

Not true

Give me a game that doesn't repeat the same texture even once.

Fuckoff Todd

WHAT

I SPENT MY ENTIRE FUCKING BIRTHDAY WRITING THAT SHIT

Stay_mad

wew
I hope that's not true

you need to update it.

Because it isn't and it's an insult to classic Doom's game design.

Check my dubs.

I don't really spend my birthdays with friends or parties.

nice sage famalam. guess you really prefer DooM

That is a legitimately good idea. Do you think Mark will give a shit about it? Probably not.

I'd like to at least see a trial run to see if it makes a difference. At the very least it would prevent newfags from Reddit from shitting threads up more than they really should be able to.

Oh god I forgot to sage myself.

You wanna fuckin' fight, m8?

WEWWEWEWEW

I still can't understand how someone can take … 9 hours, to write a post FOR FREE. It seems to me that that post could have been written in 1 hour max. I mean, if we take a wage of $10 per hour, that's $90 dollars lost. Im just rambling tbh.

Valid criticism.
It doesn't have to be 100% the same thing, autists here are too extremist. But I agree it does throw you a bone here and there. I remember Return To Castle Wolfestein could get pretty difficult if you weren't careful with managing your health rations and ammo.

why do redditors always talk about reddit? nobody else seems to care about it. you must have been downvoted something fierce.

It's shit and anyone claiming otherwise is desperate for purchase justification/a shill
random doom related webm

I like to write up about the games I recently played if I think there's plenty to write about so I can copypaste it in the future when the situation calls for it, although recently I didn't have the time or motivation to do write more. Marathon and SW2 are still unfinished.

Believe it or not, some people have a passion for this hobby.

that's some really fucking shitty sentence mixing
is there no source where King Nigger says 'normal' or 'free' without edits?

Masterful bait

seems like a post a redditor would make

I've played the game and it was actually pretty good. I was expecting a slow console FPS but I got surprised. Definitely worth to pirate.

The only bad things you could say are the glory kills and some linear areas but that's basically it.

I highly advise to play it for a good 2-5 hours and see the game for yourself and trust what Holla Forums says. Just because it's different doesn't say it's bad.

No sage because this is actually a videogames thread.

Saging because this is a shitty video games thread and newfags need to learn.

Well done Shillenstein.

new doom can only be enjoyed with a certain mentality in mind

you're not going to like it if you want to be challenged (unless you're incredibly inexperienced), or if you want to enjoy a good story, or if you want good multiplayer, or if you want to go fast, or if you want non-stop carnage

nudoom is a FPS primarily about making you feel like a badass rather than actually being one. It feels like you're a badass Quake 3 Pro, but that feeling wears off once you realize there are more safe cushions and lubricants hidden underneath than actual oldskool shooters have

Then what the fuck is left?
So it's one of those shallow, vapid power fantasy the shallow and vapid literally whos have been telling us about?

Isn't it true for all zenimax titles?
For example, Dishonored- be the super special ninja thief assassin who doesn't even have to try!

>>>/reddit/

But you quoted the same faglord twice

Pretty much, like Fallout 4 and Dishonored (which seems to be an ongoing trend for Zenimax games). Higher difficulties in DooD only increase the damage you take, but in reality you'll play pretty much the same way you do on lower difficulties, only with a thinner safety net. Apparently Nightmare increases the amount of enemies, though because of the spawn-in-at-regular-intervals method for enemy placement in most encounters I didn't really notice aside from encounters dragging out longer. The active enemy limit probably wouldn't allow all enemies to be rendered on screen at once

They don't even sell games, they sell "experiences".
Vapid shallow experiences for vapid shallow consumers.

can any of you justify this? i ran around on one of the hardest difficulties using a fucking controller and still couldnt die. i just glory killed everything.

HELLO YES I WOULD LIKE YOUR DOUBLE DOUBLE THANK YOU

Three of your points are flat-out wrong.

What about the fries?

which 3?

compared to OG DOOM they're pretty fast
most I've seen it heal up to is 60
they're timed, and it's a disgustingly long timer, but they still regenerate health while stunned and give it another college try

I'm not defending the game, but when you're wrong - you're wrong.

Wow, that's so much better.
brb buying

They are slow, they're faster runners, but they take much longer to fire projectiles.

oh that, I guess yeah, I unno

dubs thread? cool

The game is still using megatexures is it not?
The shit Carmack made to get rid of endlessly repeating textures

Yes, yes it is

i consider 40 to be low health. 60 is a full heal.
the enemies barely attack you. they stand still and shoot slowly.. you can run right up to them without getting shot. then strafe a circle around them. you can fully lap around them before they shoot a 2nd shot.
about the stun i mean that its not selected enemies offer glory kills. i can literally get a glory kill per enemy to keep myself alive nomatter how reckless im being. the only saving grace of this is the fact that on harder difficulties some enmies can kill you in 1-2 hits… if you let them hit you.

Read again, the most I've seen it heal up to is 60.
Up to.
Not by.
Up to.
And I think the low health warning comes up at 30 (which is ridiculous).
You gotta articulate your points better, mang. I can tell English is not your first language, but keep trying. Again, I'm not defending any of this shit, just don't want misinformation to spread.

youre a retard. the amount gathered directly corresponds to your current health. if you have 80 health, it'll be a small health drop. if youre hurting, it'll be bigger. in the demo i was commonly able to bring myself from 20 to ~90. pretty sure theres even a youtube video showcasing this casual game mechanic. just like low ammo will make them drop more ammo.

also, "up to" inlcudes the limit you retard "he climbed up to the 20th floor" means he reached the 20th floor.

kid, calm down and quit bumping this bait thread
Now think about what you've just said: up to means the upper limit. That's correct. And I said the most I've seen a player heal up to is 60.
You're agreeing with me on this point very angrily for some reason.

The music was as empty as the lyrics are in Sonic Adventure tracks except Pumpkin Hill , I turned the shit down or off even, sometimes.

IDK, played the demo and I didn't see the appeal.

That kingdom hearts keyblade cliffhanger at the end was really brutal. What a brutal game it's so brutal even the architecture is brutal wow so brutal xddd.

Even something like this would be better IMO:
masterbootrecord.bandcamp.com/album/c-chkdsk-f

Can we at least all agree that DOOM³ was better than DOOM 4?

Everything bad you can say about Doom 4 you can say doubly about Doom 3.

Really? Let us go thru this short checklist then:

I want shills to leave.

That's not an argument when the game forces the story down your throat. One large criticism of nuDoom is that it makes a big deal of Doomguy going "fuck the story" yet makes you sit and listen to characters going on about a story you're not supposed to care about.

Having a story is what makes the game retarded

What the fuck is that thing? I didn't see that kind of monster in Doom3

if you don't have any interesting story to tell then make it nonexistent like in other doom games

Daily reminder that this is the faggot known as "Alphablaster" who shills Nudoom FOR F R E E

It is an unused enemy model found in the game files by some guy over at Doomworld’s forum: doomworld.com/vb/doom-3-general/87422-rare-unused-monster-in-doom-3-files/

Here’s an interview with Kenneth Scott, the art director of DOOM³, with some models he made: archive.is/uEH7P

This to be honest. I can not believe that redditors like the faggot you are replying to are allowed to pollute this hobby with their half assed existence and cancer.

by your retarded logic, Holla Forumsack is a jew for spotting kike shill.
consider suicide seriously, plebbitor.