archive.is/jHv4v
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ok this made me laugh a bit

Is SMAC acceptable?

Great thread OP

Shit from an AIDS infested butthole > Civ5 > Civ6

Of course mate, SMAC are best stories.
Posting a /tg/ story.

Anyone who actually plays these "games" is autistic as fuck jfc.

git gud fag

You know what you sound like to me? mad cause bad

Nice counter-argument

git
gud

post mep

Go back to sleep madam president

nice

Civ V is okay at best. It's really just a beefed up Advance Wars. But less fun

I don't really see the appeal of if. Just play Total War, Victoria 2 or EU3 instead.

Decide to start converting them all to the wonders of the Printed currency

I won a culture victory by nuking the gook.

It's amazing playing with gold.

You know what's the best way to pass on the War meme?
Gold.

kept rushing anything that gave me gold all game too
>too much army!!! says France
And then I allowed the Russians to live since they knew when a good deal knocked on their door.

Kinda forgot that for a while, India also declared me war for a few turns. In doing so, they broke nearly 18 trade routes to them, which led them to a -70 gold per turn. Took about 10 turns for their army to collapse on itself and then they asked for peace again.
Didn't even kill a single of their soldiers.

back to halfchan with you.

I'm pretty sure that's a KC image.

It's not even hard at all
I suck at Civ and i can easily beat V on deity.

You're an evil one, shekelanon.

And it's great.

Alright I'm gonna ask this heee instead of making a new thread: some user brought up a really cool sounding civ mod where there was an apocalypse counter that started ticking when certain events happen, celestial beings begin invading, the world becomes inhospitable, and units defect randomly. Jewgle gives me nothing when I try to look up this shit (it's all those gay postapoc maps) and I'm almost certain the mod exists because the user gave a name and my friend says he's seen it being played.
Please tell me someone knows what this mod is called because I need to play it.

Is there any "adult" mods for any of the Civ games? By adult I mean mods that add adult content like slavery, rape, etc.

Why the fuck would there be lewd mods in a game like this?

from my few hours with civ6:

fucking kongo

How would you even implement that.
I mean, okay, slavery, sure, have a production and food giving resource that's procured by attacking other civs, and that causes massive world butthurt after someone completes a wonder around industrial age.
But rape? What, an animated scene after you defeat another civ? An ability by the units to use on tiles where citizens live, to make war exhaustion go up?

You should play Crusader Kings II, it has all of those things.

Civ 3 has slaves and ethnic cleasing but it's all done in an abstract way.

please tell me it actually exists and I'm not on a ruse cruise

It exists. But sadly for you, I only remember it from a compilation of several mods that came from a Civ 4 pirate I had several years ago.
I saw a ton of shit there. Space Mods, Fantasy mods.
Something, something, pre-apoc, something, something, celestial invasion, something, something, post-apoc.
Shit rings a bell, but I can't remember what it was.

Your best bet is to start downloading random mods, or mod compilations and sift throught those.

Hey, I remember your screenshots. Kongo is funny as fuck. That's a faction that was meant to have tons of cities, but if you build just one, shit gets hilarious.
When I played Kongo and ran out of places to display works of art, I used spies to find out cities my enemies had with museums and shit like that. Then I attacked, took the city and ended the war.
I like to think my motumbos went in, burned all culture, and then sat on the walls having several prints of the Mona Lisa when they tried to reclaim it.
Eventually the AI realizes they're fighting with me over a few paintings and the offislized remains of a jew nose and give up.

Fucking damn it.
I guess I'll have to grill my friend for where he saw it.

I got one:

Truly anticlimactic, but that shit got real fucking tense.

Whenever I get a diplomatic victory and a stash of nukes, I always hit "One more turn" and launch them.
It pays off just to see 8 or 9 civs denouncing you.

I remembered I actually have that save near the end of the game, I might go ahead and try that shit just to see if I can make fallout into Civ a reality.

Historical kek

Shame I lost that save

Investing too much in Great People is a waste of time and resources when you're unable to utilize them. It's much better to wait until you get spies and just steal what you need whenever you got room for new stuff.

During that game I went for one or two mega-cities, but it turns out your city can never be bigger than 3 tiles in every direction, yet your border can grow beyond that. This is absolutely irritating and results in some stupid implications (coastal cities are a handicap in the long run) and the game never tells you this. And god knows how luxury items are distributed.

I'm never the jew in any game I play. Just the friend of the jew. I'm basically America. I get loads of money from jewfriends clever trading, while jewfriend gets a hell of a lot more, and when others get upset at my jewfriend for his horrible deals and general wealth, I'm the one actually fighting, albeit funded by jewmoney.
This usually continues until I get bored and decide to destroy jewlands with my massive fuck-all army payed for by not-israel.

Suposedly, luxuries items give out their bonus to the city that needs it the most. So if one of your cities is complaining about lack of amenities, you can be sure the other's don't need it.
Sometimes it takes one turn to update it, though.

Coastal cities don't seem to be at such a disavantage because I never had to build a lot of district. Maybe because I build a LOT of coastal cities though, which skyrockets the cost of each disctrict.

I'm actually pleased that building tall is as viable as building wide in this game. Especially if you start tall, hold off on expanding, have your 2 or 3 mega-cities and then unleash the dogs of war and find yourself with 30 cities in about 50 turns.

He isn't wrong. The difficulty is all artificial, and the AI is so shit that even with that, you don't usually lose.
I still like it, though. More for the massive military empire I end up building, though.
Prefer space games to it, but hey, sometimes you need to trade galactic conquest for planetary conquest. Also a bit fun to play through something like Civ, then go to the spacegame, pretending like you've got the entire history of your people run through.

I play the Jew and I hate you.
That's precisely the only weakness when you overly rely on gold. The Japonese in particular where terrible for that in Civ V.
A Jew with no friends is a dead Jew.

I found civ iv boring as fuck

civ vi*

It's -a little- better than vanilla Civ 5 was, but that's it. Maybe in one expansion or two it'll be better.

To all people who have all the Civ 5 expansions and dlc, please try the community patch. The current version is 10/28, to install, unzip the folder in the Civ 5 Assets/DLC. 11/23 is out, it must be compiled to allow for multiplayer however.
I assure you it is far better than vanilla Civ 5 as shit tier Civs are not trash anymore, for example, Spain's leader ability is now:
Try it, and if you don't like it you can just delete the files.
10/28 zip Enhanced UI dropbox.com/s/wuqcxezqka09w6o/Vox_Populi_10-28_EUI.zip?dl=0

10/28 zip No Enhanced UI dropbox.com/s/u0cfyq36lu786zm/Vox_Populi_10-28_NOEUI.zip?dl=0

11/23 exe
mega.nz/#!jQsWERwb!bNlx2OTYWXdsFGR2d_oziXPTJp1wJTPeTGUKIw-qh2g

People don't realize how advantageous it is to be the ally of the jew, rather than the jew itself.
You don't gotta focus so heavily on economics, but you get a massive income of money to pay for other projects. You have to fight often, admittedly, but those people hate the jew, rather than you, even though you're the one who they're always fighting.

It's a pretty huge boon for someone more production-focused like myself. Most every game I play, I like to grind that manufacturing so as to guarantee lategame I am king.
Nothing quite like churning out the best of stuff in a pair of turns. Guess buying would be better, but that typically screws you out of any expansion capabilities, once you run out of cash.

And here I was thinking that the only two titles that let me unleash the hidden G-D chosen inside of me were Tropico and Roller Coaster Tycoon. You guys are devils.

Speaking of Civ, anyone see the Civ VI price error earlier?
archive.is/jHv4v

The thing I loved about CMAC is that I could actually carve a canal across a continent with intercontinental ballistic missiles just so that my navy can get close enough, fast enough to nuke some fucking turbofeminist that had the brilliant idea of declaring war against me.

Sure I had to eradicate every other civilization in on the planet to do that, and the planet declared war on me but that's beside the point.

Hello, newfriend.