Grand Strategy Games

Archive
pastebin.com/stLT1bVc

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

Today in History November 22

Other urls found in this thread:

eu3wiki.com/Modding_the_map
youtube.com/results?search_query=eu4 byzantium
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-32-intriguing-quality-of-life-changes.985268/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for the righteous 4th Crusade.

I wish I could enjoy these to the full extent that people make them out to be so awesome. I have CK2 and Vic2 but just can't seem to engage in them for long enough to remember what I'm doing and why

Everyone is just pretending to have fun.

Try Europa Universalis IV, maybe more your type.
Grand strats are a lot of fun once you get the hang of it, EUIV is the easiest to start with, good for getting you into the genre.

this tbh fam

GSGs are about roleplay. The game is there to abstract and simulate the relality to some degree (some do it better, some do it badly), and it's for you to find the fun in them. It's not going to be much fun if you don't know or dislike history, or if you don't feel like imagining a lot of stuff (I wish the games provided more flavour as well, but they are what they are and nobody seems to be itching to be Parajew's competitor in this niche). I played little scenarios in my head about my country invading and conquering its neighbours since I were twelve, daydreaming about the various policies that would be necessary to keep the population in check, ones that could subvert their religion and culture and make them easier to convert, or plain logistics of deportation of the masses. If you are like that too, this is the genre for you.

tl;dr autism is a requirement

You misspelled EU3.

EU4 has a lot more content, such as far more events. Also some things are legitimately better, like how trade works in it.

Fuck trade. The real great thing in EU4 is the claimXcore system. EU3 really shat the bed with that one, such as getting cores on foreign land with events, when you normally have to wait 50 years for your conquests to core.

So, are you going to do it?

nah, i rolled fascist babylonia and i think it sounds funnier

It takes a couple years to core your conquests… but you're right about one thing regarding it, that system is bad because you have to use admin power on coring AND tech. Its too much and gives a tech benefit to players who conquer less.

Misread what you said as "it takes 50 years in EU4 to core your conquests".

coring costing mana makes ADM the most viable mana by far, but I was more reffering to the claims than the cores. The distinction between cores and claims adds a lot to the game

Reposting from the last thread

Stupid goy we can't have a game that acknowledges that Germanics are real Aryans, that doesn't fit the narrative!

How would this work? It would probably have to play more like CK 2 where you control a family instead of a country. But large sections of the world would be wilderness to settle in? How would they handle migration so that it isn't just "pick a starting point then become a state" like in Rome Total War: BI?

Migration and tribal warfare is hard to implement.
The system would have to be completely reworked.
It's better to make within the frames that have been established. Remember how EU:Rome went.

fluid borders except for few settled nations? make settling down really hard, like westernisation

i still think that we need good fantasy gsg.

That's what makes it tricky. Borders were not fuild in this time. Especially in a place like Sumer. You have your city-states. Then in the country all around the cities are nomadic livestock herders who are mostly autonomous. They make leagues with Kings sometimes. They go into the cities to sacrifice at the temples. But then they may migrate far away for the summer season to someplace cooler.

These nomadic tribes would basically hover in an area until overpopulation made them move. So basically you'd have city-states and small kingdoms then, within those political spheres, large numbers of nomadic tribes that farm for one part of the year and move around for the other. So you have a number of independent political entities all occupying the same region, loosely united under a temple usually.

maybe king of dragon pass style? that could work.

Or to say it in a less confusing way: nomads don't have a concept of borders. So, your city-states would operate like a more traditional gsg with borders and diplomacy and cores and everything. But then the nomads would be doing their own separate thing within the same region, tending to crops, making their crafts, fighting each other. Then, on top of the nomadic world and the civilized world, you'd have the temple's sphere of influence. So you have three political spheres that occupy the same space, interact but are also separate.

something like this? could work on small scale

Something like that where the nomads who farm in that sphere will barter their goods at the marketplaces in the cities. But the cities would have a more classic economy based on gold, whereas the nomads would have no such a concept and barter away crops for other things they need to keep farming. Then, you'd have a temple with a bigger sphere of influence that engulfs many independent city states, sort of like the pope in medieval europe.

Ok. A few more ideas because this is starting to interest me now.

A dominant mechanic of the game would be hunger and population growth. It would be about keeping your people fed. So cities will build blacksmiths and carpenters to create tools and weapons. Then, the nomads will trade food at your marketplaces in exchange for these tools/weapons. This feed your population, who then buy food at the marketplaces and pay taxes to give you revenue. Then, you're hiring mercenaries with the money or recruiting the nomad tribes themselves as mercenaries by making diplomatic deals giving them exclusive rights to your marketplaces.

Then, if you play a nomadic tribe, you have some of your population do the farming. You set up the tents in early spring and wait through the harvest cycles, with your yield depending on the location you choose as well as the yearly flood activity of the river which is less predictable. The major rivers of the game world (euphrates, nile, tiber, ister, etc.) would be were most of the action takes place, with other wilderness being undesirable and less populated. Nomads would also have hunters, which work sort of like the merchants in EU. They generate and you send them to a province to hunt. After a couple of weeks, there is a chance a "kill" will generate and you gain meat. If other tribes also have hunters in the same region, there may be a dispute over who claims the kill, with prestige and power factoring in and with the loser of the dispute gaining a cassus belli.

Finally, the temple has a small population, just an administration of priests. Both the cities and nomads donate food and valuables to you to be sacrificed. You decide how much of it you actually sacrifice and how much you keep for profit. But the more greedy you get, the more "corruption" you gain which would eventually shrink your sphere of influence. Temple would also serve as the court system for the cities, bringing up stability and efficiency in their spheres.

Another idea: if you happen to be one of the love temples, like Ishtar or Aphrodite, you get special "prostitute" agents you can send to cities and pull revenue. During the appropriate time of the season, you can send all 5 agents to one city for a "festival" which gives a big bonus.

Sunset Invasion DLC for EUIV when?

Hardest part would be creating terrain in a way that makes sense both for nomads and for civilized.
i think that cities and temples could be merged

Well different cults of different gods at the time often had influence over a large number of cities when they were flourishing. And kings of cities and especially the larger kingdoms would often get into political rivalries with the priesthoods. So to have the two entities completely unified and just have temples be a part of the city would take that whole dynamic away.

There is also the fact that temples weren't always in city-states but were often their own villages or towns. Then there were the shrines and oracles around the world that were factions in of themselves and often had alliances with certain kings.

For a good example of this, read up on Ammonion, which is now Siwa Oasis. They were an oracle and temple to Ammon for pilgrims to visit, way out in the Libyan desert. But they were also autonomous, had their own culture and economy where they had trade deals. And they were so politically significant that the Persians sent an army to try and conquer them. This kind of thing couldn't be simulated with the way religion works in other paradox games. Religions would have to be their own political entities.

It also doesn't help that temples also functioned as banks where people could safely store money and I think were capable entering deals which could guarantee people land.

Is this an oversight or just Paradox being Swedish?

These guys weren't semites?

The Sumerians were Semitic. So were the Medes. Herodotus was mistaken about that. The Persians were Aryan though. But that's no big secret.

If the game worked like CK2 where you control a family instead of a country, it would work. The head of a cult would have slightly different abilities than the King of a city. You could ally different factions under your religion and benefit from all their resource potential, even if they are at odds with each other.

Isn't the issue with Babylon the fact that Iraq doesn't exist in starts early enough to be feasible, meaning you have to cheesily release as Ottomans and then reload as Iraq?

Working as intended.

Horse dynasties have been patched out unfortunately.

Way to ruin fun, paracucks.

Pretty sure you can still do it. Paradox specifically said they'd leave it in since it was "funny".

So I want to play as Rhodesia for a full game (from 1836 onward.) I tried changeownering its cores to the UK but the decision for releasing it requires the invention of Mission to Civilize.

Should I just grant the UK the invention with the console or is there a better way? I'm worried I'll fuck up the whole game that way, somehow.

There should be a setting somewhere, possibly in the country files, that'll let the UK release it any time. Though if you do that day one I'm not sure you'd ever have any British or Boer pops.

I looked in the country files of both UK and Rhodesia and neither had anything about releasing in them. I did however find the part of the decision file that requires Mission to Civilize. Here's hoping that the deletion of this line doesn't break the game.

I hadn't thought of that. How does Rhodesia usually get accepted pops? Maybe I'll have to go and annex Natalia.

Deleting that line should be fine. I don't know if a decision NEEDS an allow section but if it does you could just replace it with an invention Britain has at game start.

Britain may have events to move them from British South Africa as it does for the Boer republics, I don't know since I've never played Britain longer than it takes to switch over to Natalia.

Also if you want more accepted pops and are in HPM, consider editing your save to add the Trek Boers modifier for such and such duration, it'll make your nation be treated like a New World nation as far as immigration and assimilation goes, although assimilation isn't quite as strong and immigration will be a bit less than the USA gets. I do this whenever I play a Boer nation, since the alternative is having a minuscule amount of accepted pops. Besides which it's reasonable to say that people would and did immigrate to the region.

The relevant section then would look something like this:

diplomatic_points=9.000
religion="protestant"
government=democracy
plurality=100.000
revanchism=0.000
modifier=
{
modifier="trek_boers"
date="1.1.1"
}
modifier=
{
modifier="libertine_culture"
date="1.12.27"
}
modifier=
{
modifier="colonial_museum_of_natural_history"
date="1.11.24"
}
modifier=
{
modifier="recent_safari"
date="1907.12.1"
}
rich_tax=
{

I don't know if Trek Boers exists in vanilla but in HPM it's given by a one-time decision Boer Republics can take and lasts a short while. I prefer to just leave it on indefinitely. 1.1.1 means it'll have no end date.

Did I make the right decision vassalizing and feeding in Ireland rather than conquering outright?

Should I make Leinster a march for now, for more troops to battle England?

Well this is a first. There's a coalition against me now, though.

Make the Isles great again!

Poor little Anglos.

Should I culture shift to Highlander? Will that have any effects?

Scots are just as shit as anglos, so no, not really

Culture shift to maya. Do what it takes to make it happen.

Time to make Byzantium Great Again lads
any suggestion for next course of action?

Culture shift to English and form Great Britain. Troll the shit out of your fellow scots.

Well, the once great sicilian empire has descended to this.

Even in videogames, italy still manages to fuck up constantly.

wew

Stop pretending and form Greece.

It's my very first playthrough. Do you like it? I also have an inflation of 76.

that's really fucking ironic
considering greece is a "fake" country

HOL' UP

Kek, I'm not even going to bother the Anglos anymore. This is their home now.

A NOI

retake greek clay + islands, then annihilate all kebab, then attack the balkans

Inflation is a slow and stealthy killer. If you keep at it, you'll find yourself technologically inferior and broke in a few decades

Why is Spongebob kicking around a nig?

Stop posting maps, and fuck off to your geography circle jerks Mr. Conner.

I will try to seize Serbia diplomatically (P.U or claim throne)
Greece is almost ours now
I think im gonna need a stronger navy
to fight off those pesky republic jews

remove that ugly green spot inside your country m8

He actually did it, he successfully went through with the Darien Scheme.

Please don't bully

You mean:

;_;7 A beautiful new world.

Some more gems from this game.

I'm trying for the 'on every continent' achievement… does Panama count as south america?

It looks like the anglos are trying something again… they have to go back.

Do it you fucking faggot.
Orthodox Mayans would be great.

Convert every Muslim on Earth and colonize America.

Thinking of diving into GSG and getting EUIV, is the base game good enough or are there any must-have expansions/dlc?

World War 1 actually happened in 1615… the more you know.

There is no reason to buy the game, so just pirate it.

and just like that, you outed yourself as a faggot

I regret buying Paradox games. I'm literally punished for doing so through DLCs.

Pirate it with the DLCs.
Btw, nice dubtrips.

Seems to be settled then. A pirate's life for me!

Which one of these would look better for a Tocharian nation (for EU4, been modding VeF's GoB a bit for the next release of user's edits.)

The 1st one I'd say.
The 2nd simply doesn't "work" for me, looks less like a flag enisgn, etc. and more like a closeup of a fresco and the 3rd is to colorfull.
What religion and techgroup will you givethem?

I suppose Chinese techgroup and as for the religion, I'm split between Buddhism and Manichaeism.
If I were to pick Buddhism, it'd be either Vajrayana (Tibetan) or Mahayana (One of the earliest schools of Buddhism), since Tibet conquered the Tarim Basin several times (along with the chinks right after uighur turks invaded), I suppose Vajrayana could be uses as some sort of hypothetical 'canon'; Though Mahayana is still an option since Vajrayana spawned from it.

Manichaeism is also another option: By the 1300's the religion was still pretty much prevalent throughout northwestern china (The Ming emperor even disliked it, decreeing it 'illegal' by his own hotpocketry.) But if I were to pick Manichaeism, I'd have to change the flag since the 1st pic (The one I also like the most), contains a Dharmachakra and a Swastika, which are pretty much symbols of Buddhism (And Hinduism to an extent). Although Manichaeism was sort of a syncretic religion (They also used Buddhist symbolism), it'd feel weird for a Manichaean nation to only have stereotypically Buddhist symbols in its flag.
Though I think Manichaeism would make it a bit more interesting because it was actually hated by fucking everyone (kebab, Chinks, Zoroastrians and Christians alike), but it wouldn't really fit the Tocharian guys, because there's extensive archaeological evidence that they practiced Buddhism. Like the good turks they are, once uighurs invaded Tarim, they basically plagiarized everything the Tocharians created and deemed it theirs, that's the reason some modern uighurs look like odd Caucasians with some chinky features. Anyhow, they sort of continued Tocharian culture through their alphabet and religious practices (until the donger of islam ultimately raped them.)

TL;DR: Chink techgroup and Vajrayana Buddhism for religion; turks and islam once again proven to be a fucking blight for this planet.

Something is wrong with me and I have gone too far with these games.

No genociding kebab is very arousing.

When you kill off kebab, you remove a powerful rival and get exclusive access to the riches of the east. It's a good time to be aroused

Right I forgot, GoB doesn't have any ackbars.

Would work fine atleast, I wasn't sure if you were intending to make a new subgroup for i,t same as with Vinland.

Manichaeism would be the more "interesting" and fitting choice, should be the only gnostic religion in VeF but more complicated, special rules, boni/mali.
I don't think the swastika would be that much of a problem considering it's world wide use but the Dharmachakra is an issue, what about exchanging it with a suncross?

Aside from that I feel as if Vajrayan fits better than Mahayana

JUST

FUGGG :-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Nah, I basically turned GoB into a vanilla+ VeF (vinland, tocharians, yazd as a zoroastrian satrapy and the pagan chain of events, BYZ remains weakened and the Persian empire disappeared.) So kebab's pretty much alive, eagerly awaiting for removal.

A new techgroup wouldn't feel right since the guys are so close to china, it'd make sense for them to have early gunpowder and such.

I thought about giving Manichaeism a personal deity mechanic, since the guys also believed in several 'divine beings' (Which were mostly personifications of the Zoroastrian 'Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds' system; along with the evil ones of course, Zoroastrian Ahriman is also present.)
The deities I thought implementing are the five Shekhinas (attributes of divine light [Name originally comes from judaism], which provided the primordial spirit of man with five 'shields of light' to fight against darkness), which were divine beings under the command of the Allfather (Or the Father of Greatness, Or Zurwan [From a defunct branch of Zoroastrianism]) who was a creationist deity, basically the highest god who battled against darkness and spawned a bunch of other light deities who aided him in the creation of our universe (Mixed up with some evil after they fucked up in the battle against darkness).
The deities in question would be:

It would've been nice to also add the karma mechanic along with the personal deities, but I don't think that's possible.

Now I picked these 5 'main' deities because Manichaeism is basically a huge-ass theological fanfiction which includes Atlas (The greek titan who carries the world on his back), Buddha, Adam & Eve, Aborted holy fetuses (aka Fallen Angels), Jesus Christ himself and many more. Prophet Mani would've loved the fuck outta Sonic and the autistic fandom wikia.
And as for the names of these 5 light deities, I'm torn between using their Persian or Chinese names; since Tocharians had influence from both, it's kind of a hard choice.

And of course, Manichaeism would come with different events which I have no idea what will they be about (Been thinking about one with the 'Bema fest', which would be triggered by the end of each February or in the beginning of March; perhaps a 1year-long bonus could be selected depending on choice, as they read books, had sermons and stuff like that during the festival commemorating Prohpet Mani's death [It also kinda coincided with Christian easter most of the time].)

And as for the flag, I could just modify the Dharmachakra into a Sun cross with the Bema steps below and some sun rays. Like a mix of these two plus a Swastika right in the middle of the cross.

Start as Denmark, take Schleswig, release and play as Schleswig, form Scandinavia with accepted North Germans.

Russia so butthurt they went full commie.

what the fuck are the ottomans doing in that war
why is your flag glowing red around ?

I'm pretty sure it's part of the new GP mechanic in Rights of Man. If you're a GP your flag glows like that.

i should get that DLC
does it work with VeF yet?

No it doesn't work with VeF yet. But they'll probably update it soon because the 1.19 update just came out.

You mean the Thirty Years' War

LOL

China never forgets

Why?

Ask Burgundy. It's their fault.

I have a few questions for ckII

Does landing a dude with a strong claim (in other lands) in your court by granting a holding still work for gaining territory? And, can tribal rulers actually do that/would it be worth building a church just to grant them it for the cb?

I guess the more important question I have is, is it possible to successfully take land consistently in the British Isles as the Isle of Mann in the 769 start while still remaining tribal?

I can't expand using de jure claims, and I don't think I can offer to vassalize anyone except other welsh dudes. I'm not even sure the ambition to become the pictish king will help. The only methods I could really see working would be to take as many concubines that have claims and pressing them whenever and where-ever I can (I don't even know if that would work). Or doing that landing a courtier thing for claims.

How fucked is my campaign, and am I gimping myself too heavily by trying to stay tribal for as long as possible (can you even convert governments back from feudalism to tribalism?)

Yes, you can land people in order to press their claims. IIRC you don't have to land them if they are part of your dynasty though.

If you are catholic the easiest way to do things is to simply marry a son or daughter of the English King into your dynasty and either backstab till they inherit or press their claim.

Staying Tribal for a while is fine. If you have high centralization and a huge demesne you can pump out 20k troops easily and call allies for their full levies as well. In fact getting Feudal vassals is a really good thing as a Tribe since they pay taxes, money income being the hardest part of being tribal unless you raid a ton. But managing succession is a PITA and eventually Feudal can raise way more and better troops along with having more income.

I could convert my government and colonize Siberia or stay horde and blob, but I'm done.

Just put in 3 hours trying to add a sea province into EU3.

Trying to follow this tutorial. eu3wiki.com/Modding_the_map

It keep crashing and there isn't so much as an error log to read. How can this be so hard? It makes no sense.

t. pedophile

0.50 kroner have been deposited into your account.

I'm platinum mad right now.
I've been trying to Make Rome Great Again in vanilla EU4, because I didn't wan't to wait until I had 10 trust I went with the albanian 5/5/5 general.

Strategy is not only way too reliant on good dice rolls, it doesn't even work.
I wan't Johan to die.

Have you tried it?

Why not mix the names maybe Reason and Mind in persian and the other three in chinese.

I had the same idea, I tried modifying the first flag into that but the low res makes it look crippled

My favorite part about hoi3 is organizing the army. Naming the units and HQs, making a solid command structure, making battle plans (even if you never actually use them), etc., etc. Actually playing the game is the least interesting part.

I wonder if there are any games purely like that. Like a business simulator or something. Just organizing your business' hiarchy and structure from the bottom up. MY autism would be thoroughly satisfied

What's with fucking paracucks and their fixation on making turkroaches so goddammed OP? They've had strong bonuses since forever, but this is just silly. So do they get events giving them free gold or some shit?

I mean, look at them, they ain't so big, yet they're fine after a war which should've utterly fucked with their economy. High war exhaustion and looming revolts, yet they're still in with green balance. Fucking turkroach enablers. Next time check the country modifiers and see what other stupidly ludicrous bonuses they've gotten.
And that -1k bullshit about the forts, that's new; just more work to do after VeF finally updates, maybe I'll make a 'de-cuckification' mod to make BYZ playable once more.

Makes me mad swebecucks completely neglected BYZ (Purple Phoenix is objectively shit, even the custom unit models look like turks!) in favor for TONS of flavor for the turkshits (I mean, with every update, turkshits get stronger, yet everyone around them remains weak.) Kinda makes me believe there's a fucking turkroach working at paracucks, the kind that thinks 'us turks brought civilization and dindu nuffin.'

Also:

Fucks up with the GUI. Also I opted to make the Tocharians (Country's called Ytarimypoy, like in CK2, which kinda means 'Land of the Road' or 'Kingdom of the Road' in Tocharian B) Vajrayana.

However, I'll still make Manichaeism a fully-functional religion, but for a later release. For this release I'll focus on adding a few more countries (Both new and several other that were missing):

And some stupid steppeniggers to add a little spice (Since western Mongolia is fucking empty)

Also, Sogd is in-game (comes with vanilla GoB) but has no national ideas, so I'd just be tweaking it a bit. The steppenigger shitholes are from vanilla EU4, but missing from VeF (I think it's because most of those countries appeared after the 1400-1500's) but I do think the area needs more flavor, as with the current version of VeF, the only releasable country in the area (Western Mongolia) is the Oirat Horde.

Also Also, been thinking about adding a Kushan and/or Zunbil revival for Afghanistan, but I'm not really sure if it'd fit. I mean, it's GoB and it's supposed to be some sorta 'alternate' timeline (not too different from our own in the 1300's since I modded out the Persian Empire and weakened BYZ), but I'm not really sure, Islam had been pretty much dominant for 600 or so years and Kushan died some ~800 years before gamestart, though Zumbil would be more doable, it'd still seem a bit ludicrous.
What do you think?

Paracucks really hates Byzantium for some reason, for all this trend of making any nation viable (like that user in a previous thread that turned an african shithole into a great power just by enhancing the capital province) every update and patch either nerfs an old strategy to strengthen Byz or makes kebab more OP. Fucking Mehmed II is stronger than Napoleon.

It's not. It's been there for several expansions now.

As for Turks, Paracucks are mad that so many people want to play BYZ. Every expansion fucks with them, such as not being able to block a strait unless you control a province on one side of it (in other words, you need to capture the kebab fort next to Constantinople before you can block the strait, at which point Turks usually cross with their armies). Then there's the lock in greece where every fucking cunt is guaranteed by half of europe from game start, Constantinople itself suddenly losing a lot of its development a few updates back, and general strenghtening of kebab with every update to ridiculous levels. It's at the point where casuals cannot play BYZ because they're too shit to overcome the early challenge (Once, I even saw a comment in some earlier timeline mod about how the mod is really popular because people want to play BYZ, and the mod makes it possible not to get destroyed in the first decade).

I'm fine with giving BYZ a tough start, but it's starting to feel like Turks have fucking cheats on or something. You have to cheese all of the game's mechanics to deal with them (on the plus side, it really makes you see how shallow and shit some of them are)

Come on user, you can make it less obvious.

Really? I've never really noticed, maybe it's because I tend to focus on forts after beating any stupid doomstacks.
And indeed it's getting fucking ridiculous, each update the faggots get stronger. Also, it's damn weird how so many people want to play as BYZ, one would think normalfags outside the chans would like to play as kebab for the sake of muh diversity, but it's not that way. Even in fucking plebbit kebab is widely hated, it's kind of odd.
I guess humanity could be united by hatred for islam (and turks to an extent), wouldn't that be great? Set our differences aside just so we can remove kebab, become brothers just for once, even if it's going to be for a short time.

I wondered what I was doing wrong. Wasn't even playing Byzantium.

So I been trying to play New World Order version 1.11 Victoria 2
But the game fails to load at "initializing maplogic" in pretty much every instance and then I get pic related as an error message, clicking on it crashes the game.
New World Order version 1.07 works fine.
What do?

Main modifier I can see is luck.

Well fuck
You think the GUI can be fixed for larma and deities?
If yes I can try to take a look, though I can't promise anything

Come to think of I never played steppeniggers outside of Kaiserreich

It doesn't seem to be direct cheating atleast mostly only stupid game mechanics and crazy buffs that fuck you over, though every time my 5/5/5 rolled 0s and 1s while the enemy without general gets 8s or 9s.

(on the plus side, it really makes you see how shallow and shit some of them are)
Ain't that true,

The favourite way for forming the Roman Empire now is playing Ottomans and switching to orthodox

Is Victoria the latest version? Changes are the newest NWOs want you to have the 3.04 unofficial official patch. If you are on steam go to the beta options in property.

Chances are*

I updated to 3.04, but it still doesn't work, same exact error message.

Delete all the mod's cache in My Documents. I also hope you have put the mod in the correct place, the mod folder in the game's main folder. Or maybe even try putting the mod again, maybe something happened with the file.

I think the deity mechanic is enough for Manichaeans as not to make the religion OP or anything.

Also, I'm unsure what religion should I give to Sogdh, I'm torn between Mahayana Buddhism, Zoroastrianism or Manichaeism (Since those 3 were the main faiths of the Sogdians. However, I'm more inclined to make them Manichaeans.)

Yeah, really surprised me too the first time. I think it was introduced with Mare Nostrum? Or Maybe even before with Cossacks, not sure.

It has a very long and interesting history, as well as an ambition that can last you throughout the entire game. Even normalfags pick up on that – normalfags don't actually WANT diversity, they just think they SHOULD want it and so they'll virtue signal any time the topic comes up. It's a propaganda tool, where, in an effort to make yourself look better, you argue for something you yourself don't necessarily believe in, or at least don't care about. Not doing so would be breaking a social norm, and not many people are willing to do that, especially if they don't care about the topic.

Now this is just vile. But, mechanics-wise, it makes sense - achieve one of the hardest challenges by playing the ridiculously OP country.

How hard is it to get converted by religious rebels? I want to do a zoroastrian run but even when I decrease autonomity in Yazd and send a missionary to it, the rebels just won't spawn.

Deleted everything and reinstalled.
Now even New World Order 1.07 crashes to the same error.

You are doing something very wrong. Did you delete the cache? It is on …\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria II\map

Deleting the cache was one of the first things I tried, it didn't work.

Works for me
Did you overwrite 1.07 with 1.11 if not do they use different user directories? You can change those in the .mod file.
Did you delete the cache in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria II\NwO\map\ ?

I only have 1.07 installed at the moment after I reinstalled everything because it used to work before I meddled with the mods and now I'm trying to get it back before I try anything with 1.11
My NWO maps doesn't seem to have a cache file to begin with. pic related.

THE MOD GOES TO THE FOLDER 'MOD' IN THE INSTALLATION LOCATION OF THE GAME YOU NIGGER
Delete that shit and put the mod in the proper place.

I had the files in /mods as well from the get go.
So that can't be the issue.

All mods generate a folder in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria II which includes settings, save games etc.
Considering that NWO 1.07 worked for him he knew that the mod belongs to the install directory.

Byzantium and Granada are great since they start surrounded by enemies and in almost hopeless positions, you get a bigger feeling of accomplishment playing a campaign as them than as turkroaches or France.

I know they do, but this is not what they generate and for Christ's sake look at this fucking retard right above you Does that look as the game installation folder to you?

Huh, he has them in the wrong folder, looks like I was wrong sorry 'bout that.

Why would you put them into the game directory in Victoria 2 if CK2 and Eu4 only work with documents directory?
Fucking Paradox.
In any case now that it was put into the game 1.07 no longer crashes upon map initialization.

Because they are different games, fucktard. I told you several times and you didn't listen. Main folder, installation directory, what is there to not understand?

dont forget about silesia and georgia.
Honestly i love playing small shitty nations. I wish it was more entertaining tho. i dunno, maybe give some events where king does some personal things like fund a tavern.

I just played EU4 with the new update, why the fuck are African shitholes so overpowered? Fucking Swedes

I dont understand how they can even believe they are better technologically than native americans, when the natives were miles ahead from the africans.

Diochan's version (Diochan being an Italian Image board) of Spongebob Squarepants, who is a fascist version of spongebob and is literally translated in BERTO BRAGAQVADRA.

Fucking awful description, but I guess I am a bit tired considering it's 4 am here
Here's another pic.

I don't think paradox games cant be played without making byzantium great again

Georgia, Imereti and the order are my vassals
wallachia is a march
got PU with serbia

what to do?

Then, in 1725, the two great juggernauts of the west clashed.

Remove Rum and retake the Holy Land and Egypt of course

What do you guys do to be able to not instantly loose the game as BYZ?

we git gud

By now it's 95% luck, unless they go for the rest of Anatolia and Albania you don't have enough time to raise relations for an alliance with anyone before they attack. Tried 3 times just now.

I fucking hate Johan

youtube.com/results?search_query=eu4 byzantium

Anatolia should be yours by now, integrate Imereti and feed Georgia the whole Caucasus area (Azerbaijan included, rightful Caucasian clay, remove shitty mountain turk.)

At this point you should be powerful enough to threaten war, so I'd make the Serbs fabricate claims all over the Balkans (As well as Austria), also, try and take Athens, I think the guys always get into alliances with Aragon, which would allow you to kill two birds with one stone (Taking Athens as well as Sicily, Malta and Djerba. Aragon really becomes a problem after Spain makes them their bitches, so you should be on the lookout for that.) After doing so, Threaten war for Crete and wait till Venice annexes Naxos. Cyprus should come next before kebab tries making them their bitches.

Start messing with Naples for the easy Italian clay, as well as taking over Corsica and Sardinia; what I usually do is feeding all the Mediterranean Islands to the Knights (Less hassle if your bureaucracy ain't sufficient.)

Also, I'd look for a way of messing with the Golden Horde, the guys tend to be a pain in the ass and you need all that delicious Crimean clay, as well as feeding Wallachia with the whole Carpathian area. At this point I'd seek an alliance with Muscovy since they get strong most of the time and hate GOL's guts.

mod?

I think ill integrate imereti and give all the provinces to georgia
Georgia is a puppet state anyway, it's a republic, then i'll make it a march and it will have HUGE boosts in everything
i will try to give georgia the entire caucasus area 1:1 for the border porn points

I'll keep wallachia as a march and feed them some carpathia and i'll integrate serbia ASAP

i'm already expanding into italy by threatening war
athens is now my vassal and ill annex them soon

also, I made the knights orthodox
and i also created theodoro because i like them. ill give them some crimean provinces

why feed caucasus to georgia instead of annexing it yourself?

because its a shit place that i want nothing to do with but can be useful as a puppet

I usually annex Caucasus for strategical reasons, so I can sprinkle it with best forsts I can build and get direct access to crimea, and vassalising (or force releasing from someone else) Astrakhan so as to have a controlled buffer between me and Russia. Also, having Caucasus opens way to Azerbaijan, which opens way to Persia

for what purpose

We go west, that's where shit is gonna go down

the only problem is im so stupidly OP already no one can stand a chance against me

maybe i should play as trebizond ironman and try to form byzantium

Komnenoi are the TRUE HEIRS anyway

wew lad

Riches of the east and protection of your eastern flank, of course. I always conquer the provinces that form the shortest line between the Persian gulf and the Caspian sea. That way I get some high value provinces, get all of mesopotamia (which is rightful Roman clay) and plug that whole part of the world with forts. That way, I gain a lot of strategic depth, gain a great base for further attacks into egypt and nothern africa, and, above all, can safely and utterly disregard anything that happens in the east for the rest of the game, as NONE of those losers there are ever going to dare siege those top of the line forts

Now this is something really fun to do, especially in VeF. Watch out for that aggro expansion and keep your relations with kebab in the greens, or else you'll get coalition'd each time you take A SINGLE FUCKING PROVINCE.
Also you gotta kill the snake by the head, AKA try to get rid of osman as fast as you can.

How do I get out of bourgeois dictatorship loops in vicky 2? Every time I get enough political reforms to start an election the anarch-libs stop it midway through and declare they won, without a majority in the upper house or indeed in the election votes. Getting real tired of this shit, especially considering the fact that I have enough fascist votes to get them into power.

I spent it on lasagna.

Full pleb

Yeah I think i'll do that
If I form Byzantium as Trebizond, will my Ideas/Traditions change to the Byzantine ones or will I keep the trebizondians?

You can choose to keep them.

I'd prefer to change them
Might modify them a bit, make the OP
So it feels rewarding to become the one true empire again

Here's my Ming. Don't know if I'll play this again. The faction system is a tease. It's annoying to get some tasty CB or see a ripe colony only to have it slip away because of not being able to have the right faction. If it wasn't for that Ming would be even more OP, especially with this mod.

I'm running out of ideas. I've done:

- Conquer Europe as GH
- Conquer Asia as Timurids.
- Conquer South America is Inca.
- Conquer North America as Cherokee.
- Conquer Portugal/Spain as Granada.
- Blob over the hordes as Georgia.
- Form Italy as Pisa.
- Form Persia as QK.
- Conquer China as MK.
- This Ming blob.

I made this mod because I was bored in Vanilla. Sometimes I make games and then quit after a few years due to lack of interest. What do?

Become a Kang of Kangs and eat all of Africa as whatever flavor of petty slaver king you like, Muslim, Christian, Animist, doesn't matter.

Tried as both Mali and Morocco and got bored. Conquering Africa just isn't that fun.

New World(African and American) nations need to be buffed. Currently they get steamrolled by Europeans even faster than in vanilla. Giving them forts(at least on the coast) and navies would be the first step. Putting some provinces inside the wastelands in Africa would also be great, but I have no idea how to mod the map. Most of it is only one province deep from the coast, meaning that a single province can prevent the continent from being circumnavigated. That makes travel annoying. I'm totally going to make a Kang culture.

That reminds me, apparently Whole World Mod works for DW. I haven't played it since HTTT. Anybody have a link?

Ming represents everything wrong with most Paradox games. A large country should be difficult to manage and have a lot of internal conflict.

People would just cry about muh blobbing being too hard.

All of Chinese history is muh blobbing is too hard.

Ming is stable. If you want internal conflict, play a horde. How would you change it?

Do you think the way EU4 handles it is any better? Because EU4 makes Chyna feel unplayably horrible with a whole bunch of nonsense like giving every province 50-75% autonomy.

The systems that contain Ming should be the systems used to contain all nations from expanding too much.

Haven't played eu4 in ages but linking expansion to tech (too big+low tech = negatives) could work. Ideally it'd be more dynamic and interesting but that's a bandaid solution.

How do you defeat the roach?

These games are full of those. Paradox has always been unable and/or unable to implement in-depth enough simulations that would lead to realistic consequences and interactions. Vicky 2's pop and economy is closest to that, but even they are very abstracted.

*unable and/or unwilling

what?

RIP ANUS

you can't say the other anons didn't warn you

I warned you about kebab bro. You actually have to keep good relations with everyone, maybe even allying some of the the bigger ones kebabs. Allying Cilicia is also a good idea, as well as Wallachia, Serbia and/or Bulgaria.

The northern coast of Anatolia should be you first opening moves, which will inevitably give you a GREAT malus on aggro expansion, the only way you can counter this is by staying in the greens with each and every single kebab; it's annoying and it'll take precious years. Osman tends to aggressively annex the western coast of Anatolia, so karesi, saruhan and izmir will inevitably fall. They'll then proceed to ally with the other remaining kebabs, which is ludicrous; they don't seem to get any aggro expansion maluses.
This is why allying a kebab nation is the best you can do to stop osman, lock them up by allying every nation bordering the evil kebab; this way when they inevitably expand, you'll be called into a defensive war and thus, if you win or get a better warscore than your ally, you will be able to release a shitton of kebab minors, efficiently reducing osman's size and removing their alliances.

Rinse and repeat until osman is dead. It's a pretty entertaining game because you actually have to use diplomacy (kinda like expanding through the HRE, everyone gets pissed at you for stupid reasons.) Try your best not to be coalition'd, because that's how you die; I usually ally the mamelukes for this reason, biggest kebab this side of the pond who don't tend to expand much into Anatolia.

Here are some pics of my old run, I did exactly what I told you. Should take ~100 years to completely subdue Anatolia. The Balkans however, are a piece of cake; mainly because the rest of Europe tends to ignore them.

There's a little icon in the corner you can mouse over that'll tell you how much aggressive expansion you'll take for your demands. If it exceeds 50, countries will form a coalition against you.

If it's at about 52 and you've got outstanding AE from previous conquests, you can keep the war going until the start of the next year to let the previous total drop below the limit.

yes lesson learned
i save-scummed
waited longer before i ended the war while improving my relations with other kebab countries
thing is, I despise kebab, I despise everything not Byzantine or Orthodox, I wanna genocide everything in Anatolia, anyways, ill just stay low now for a bit and keep improving my country before going for more wars, might work with the mameluks together
anyone knows the actual bonusses osmans get?

# Rise of the Ottomansrise_of_ottomans1 = { potential = { primary_culture = turkish normal_or_historical_nations = yes OR = { tag = OSM tag = TUR } NOT = { has_global_flag = ottoman_empire_formed } NOT = { num_of_cities = 12 } is_subject = no } trigger = { NOT = { num_of_cities = 12 } } land_morale = 0.15 global_manpower_modifier = 0.5 land_forcelimit_modifier = 1.5 land_maintenance_modifier = -0.50 manpower_recovery_speed = 0.50 discipline = 0.10 infantry_power = 0.10 cavalry_power = 0.10 global_tax_modifier = 0.50 enemy_core_creation = 1.0 trade_efficiency = 0.10 core_creation = -0.33}

rise_of_ottomans2 = { potential = { primary_culture = turkish normal_or_historical_nations = yes OR = { tag = OSM tag = TUR } NOT = { has_global_flag = ottoman_empire_formed } NOT = { num_of_cities = 24 } is_subject = no } trigger = { num_of_cities = 12 NOT = { num_of_cities = 24 } } land_morale = 0.10 global_manpower_modifier = 0.33 land_forcelimit_modifier = 0.75 land_maintenance_modifier = -0.33 manpower_recovery_speed = 0.33 discipline = 0.06 infantry_power = 0.06 cavalry_power = 0.06 global_tax_modifier = 0.33 enemy_core_creation = 0.66 trade_efficiency = 0.06 core_creation = -0.25}

rise_of_ottomans3 = { potential = { primary_culture = turkish normal_or_historical_nations = yes OR = { tag = OSM tag = TUR } OR = { NOT = { has_global_flag = ottoman_empire_formed } NOT = { num_of_cities = 35 } } is_subject = no } trigger = { num_of_cities = 24 NOT = { num_of_cities = 45 } } land_morale = 0.05 global_manpower_modifier = 0.17 land_forcelimit_modifier = 0.30 land_maintenance_modifier = -0.17 manpower_recovery_speed = 0.17 discipline = 0.03 infantry_power = 0.03 cavalry_power = 0.03 global_tax_modifier = 0.17 enemy_core_creation = 0.33 trade_efficiency = 0.03 core_creation = -0.10}

rise_of_turks = { potential = { primary_culture = turkish normal_or_historical_nations = yes NOT = { has_global_flag = ottoman_empire_formed } is_subject = no NOT = { tag = OSM } NOT = { tag = TUR } } trigger = { NOT = { num_of_cities = 10 } } land_forcelimit_modifier = 0.5 land_maintenance_modifier = -0.33 global_tax_modifier = 1.0 core_creation = -0.5 diplomatic_upkeep = -3}

Notice the ludicrous bonuses they get to military, tax and core creation. It's bullshit, but it makes the removal much, much sweeter.

People should already figure out that in the settings of Paradox games, Islam is the One True Religion.

So if they go to to 13 provinces and then drop back to 11 to they get the first bonuses again?

Everybody get up it's time to islam now
We got a real jam goin' down
Welcome to the IS-LAM IS-LAM
Here's your chance, do your dance at the ISLAM
Alright

Come on and slam, and welcome to the islam
Come on and slam, if you wanna osman

Yeah, basically the smaller they are, the better bonuses they get. But, once they get bigger, the bonuses are still somewhat OP since more provinces = more manpower and shekels. In the end it's about the same, and it's better to remove them altogether before they explode into a huge roachblob.

FML I can't expand to any direction now
Cilicia next to me is allied to Osman
Osman just declared me as Rival
Byzantium hates me obviously
And if I attack any other neighbor I come in direct contact with Osman

FML

Are you playing with a mod or does EU3 start at an earlier date than EU4?

Should've allied Cilicia earlier in the game, they're a fellow christian nation (Albeit Catholic/Apostolic.)

Coming in contact with osman isn't a bad thing (depending on how big they are and how many alliances you have.) You just need to enclose kebab within a border of allies while getting yourself as many allies as you can afford. Cilicia allying with osman is fairly bad though, the alliance could be easily broken with a war, but it'd still cost you a lot since it's a war against kebab.

Also this tends to happen a lot whenever you get weak, remember BYZ is still BYZ and they'll try to kick your ass whenever it's possible.

It's a mod for EU4 called Veritas et Fortitudo, overhauls the game and lessens the stupid mana usage by a lot.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
This fucking AI
Goes and attacks instead of chaining on me

Imereti being fucking useless
This is why I hate alliances in this game and I always go full OP on my own

You can always start over. I mean, you've learned from these mistakes, it's time for you to put this knowledge up to good use and reclaim the throne of the Eastern Roman Empire as the Komnenoi.

Also:

It's like the kebab AI is the only non-retarded AI in this game. Uncanny.

I'll never understand how anyone can really play post Common Sense EU4 with the way mana became absolutely necessary for every damn little thing you try to do in the game.

Paphlagonia is where the Spartans hold their ground
Fucking AI was sitting and watching my men die till they decided to come on a few days before my morale would have dropped to 0

Well… Swedes made this game…
Thermopylae V2 Electrical Boogaloo

This is fucking bullshit. This is cheating. Even frogs, with their ridiculous fucking morale buff aren't this strong

We did it lads

Also, I forgot to mention your first idea group should be something to lessen aggressive expansion impact; something like intimidatory ideas, I think that one lessens ae by a LOT.

That's the way it is, I think those bonuses were taken from vanilla into VeF, couple that with a magically smart and overly-aggressive AI and the other stupid events they get to claim half the civilized world and you've got yourself the most OP faggots in the game.
Granted they get a few events about janissary revolts, but it's still fucking nothing compared to the bonuses they get.

I will have formed Byzantium by the time I get to unlock the last Idea of that group

Is there any mod that makes Fascism spread much more in V2? Paracucks went full leftist revisionism already with Victoria 2 and made it so that Fascism is not popular among the majority populations, unlike in real life where its THE thing that the people generally want and the elite does not want.

Why would they?

I forgot the
part, in a byzantine game I tried to vassalize them anduse them to kill all kebabs before genociding them, maybe I should mod the files and try again.

lower taxes
also i fucking hate how in victoria 2 you cant become global power when you are a pupet.

Yeah but theres a lot of downsides with the lower taxes
thats why people wont really like fascism in real life

but they loved fascism IRL before it got demonised by the media

You have been spending too much time on Holla Forums.

I don't think even the Italians loved fascism, considering Mussolini never got to Hitler's level of adulation and absolute power.

You've been spending too much time on Holla Forums, my friend.

Me too, as US, a global superpower is currently being a kike puppet for Israel

Well, fascism means people might actually have to work for once, so naturally Italians aren't really into it.

Wut?
I would have understood if you argued that taxation would be spread differently nut lower taxes.

Generally if they would count on an, imagined or real, improvement of their situation e.g. more power, more laws in favour of their group, current system is a chaotic shitshow increasing popular demand for a strong leader, stuff like that.

it was a stupid shitpost. you fell for it

A-am I losing my shitpost sense?

Though I must say it annoys me that you can get fascism only so late in the game

I can't imagine many ways it would make sense for fascism, as in actual fascist movements like in our history, would start popping up significantly earlier than in vanilla Vicky 2. Those came from a certain mix of post-great war turmoil, anti-communism and failure of earlier nationalistic/imperialistic state structures.

don't forget socialism.

You can become a GP as a puppet, it removes your puppet status. Which is why forming Italy as a puppet backfires pretty quickly since they'll just break away when they become a GP.

Got a link to the latest version?

VeF? It's in the OP's pastebin.

3.2.3 shows as being outdated, is there a newer version?

3.2.3 is the latest version for 1.17. It appears to be outdated through the launcher because of the 3.2.1 hotfix or something.

Where do I see my aggressive expansion in EUIV?

To be fair Mussolini's Italy was lauded pretty heavily by the USA before the war. It's only once they had to rev up the wartime propaganda that public opinion changed.

1.17 was released 6 months ago. I want my kangz with institutions. Also the forts changes that make them actually useful and the AI not cheat.

You're gonna have to wait for another 6 months for a VeF version compatible with rights of man patch.

Make India poo again

Somebody please

In the peace menu, after making your demands, it should tell you how much your demands are gonna hit your AE.
If it's after a war, then hover the mouse over a country's relations, you should have a -# malus for AE.

Thanks

EU4 Extended Timeline mod. How am I doing so far?

Bad since I can still see Islamic countries.

The Antonine Wall is further north than that.

You must avenge against their misdeeds in the future.

I never said I'd stop expanding there. But the Germans are priority #1 right now, don't want to be ganked by the invasions.

That's easy enough in vanilla. The most interesting thing I've done with India is invade it as the Timurids.

Just for you, did a quick war to fuck the Brigantines up.

Where can I get the mod if I pirated the game?

Look at the GSG board, they usually have a Mega. Last time I checked it was taken down, tho.

Haven't you've seen this movement growing in the past few years?
United under one strong leadership, we will storm through whatever hardship we are currently facing, brother.

Luck.

It's a steam mod so the workshopdowloader works fine for it.

Fascism is for those who are too stupid to make their own decisions, so they have to be told what to do.

Let me guess, libertarian sperg?

But is everyone able or willing to make their own decisions?
Most people don't take the time to inform themselves about politics, economie, science, etc. and I don't want to blame them, considering how llittle personal time they have left after each day.
Demanding of those that they give a damn is what led us to where we are now, so even though I'm not italian and thus I care little for fascism, is it really right to call fascism the preffered choice of the fools?

Every form of government that has laws tells you what to do. Your argument is nonsense

Tried using it but the mod didn't work.
meh

Update to yesterday's Rome game.

Is this EU:Rome? Or a mod?

Extended Timeline mod for EU4.

Blob the rest of the british isles and the moors to completely secure that side of the empire.

Is there any way to prevent the Rise of Islam? I own Mecca, does that do anything? If it's possible, I want to do that first.

You have to culture convert all the regions that have islamic cultures.

Okay, not happening lol. How does the Rise of Islam work if Rome holds Mecca? Is it just the strongest Arab nation that flips? Would that be Aksum?

So, I've decided to make Manichaeism the state religion of Sogdiana.

The religion itself gives a bonus of -3 unrest, and +1 diplomats; it also comes with personal deities and sycretism (secondary religion like in Tengri. Comes with it's respective bonuses)
The downsides however, are a -2 malus on tolerance of the true faith, which could fuck you up if you're not careful (Basically revolt risk on converted provinces.) and reduced missionary effectiveness.

The 'deities' in question are the five radiant shields of light which were provided to the primordial spirit of man in his fight against darkness:
>Bam (Reason): tolerance_heathen = 2, tolerance_heretic = 1, global_unrest = -1>Manohmed (Mind): discipline = 0.05, land_morale = 0.1, naval_morale = 0.1>Ush (Intelligence): technology_cost = 0.05, prestige = 1>Adeshishn (Thought): idea_cost = 0.1, trade_efficiency = 0.1>Parmanag (Understanding): advisor_cost = -0.25, advisor_pool = 2

The way I intended Manichaeism to be played is as some sort of stupid librul religion which tries to accept everyone; not by converting provinces but rather trying to achieve sycretism. Your '>it's CURRENTYEAR' cosmopolitan ideology, but in the late medieval era.

Also, what other maluses could I give them? They still seem somewhat OP.

Maybe make them get more war exhaustion? Seems like it would fit for a librul religion.

the 'mind' deit is easily the strongest. 5% discipline is a fairly big buff on its own, but combined with 10% bonus morale, it outclasses the others several times. 'Thought' is second best, 'intelligence' is kinda shit but still could be used somewhat, 'Understanding' is a joke, and 'reason' is absolutely pathetic

How about now?

global_unrest = -2diplomats = 1religious_unity = 0.5 (50% religious unity, might be OP)war_exhaustion = 0.05 (calls for peace and such)global_missionary_strength = -0.1 (way harder to convert provinces)Manichaean provinces also get a malus of +0.05 missionary strength

>Bam (Reason): tolerance_heathen = 2, tolerance_heretic = 1, global_unrest = -2, stability_cost_modifier = -0.25 (It's 1309 folks! Nomad immigrants enrich our culture)>Manohmed (Mind): land/naval_morale = 0.1, recover_army/navy_morale_speed = 0.1, reinforce_speed = 0.1 (I still think this one's a bit OP)>Ush (Intelligence): technology_cost = 0.05, prestige = 1, discipline = 0.05 (Figured out discipline would be more fitting for intelligence)>Adeshishn (Thought): idea_cost = 0.1, trade_efficiency = 0.15, land_maintenance_modifier = -0.15>Parmanag (Understanding): advisor_cost = -0.25, relations_decay_of_me = 0.2, diplomatic_reputation = 1.5 (More diplomacy)

I'm not too sure about this religion, perhaps I'm making it too gimmicky. What do you guys think? Perhaps I should make bonuses a bit simpler.

That doesn't make it difficult to convert provinces, that makes it completely impossible, unless you choose religious idea group, pass the various religious decisions, and spend mana on policies, and even then it's impossible to convert provinces with high development. 2 or 3% is more than enough, believe me.

now 'thought' is ridiculously OP. You haven't played the game much, have you? Land maintenance is, by far, the thing you'll spend the most money on, and even a small percentage lowering it has a big effect. Trade efficiency may be shit at game start, but becomes one of the biggest money makers after you gobble up a centre of trade, and have enough traders to send money there from other nodes. It's almost as powerful as land maintenance, even more than that with trade-oriented nations. 10% discount for idea may not be as good as those two, but it's still a pretty strong buff.

'Intelligence' comes in second, especially due to discipline. Discipline > morale. It may not seem that way, but try fielding two equal armies against each other, one with 100% discipline, the other with 120%, and you'll see how extremely powerful that is. In fact, you may even start liking enemies having those morale buffs, as thanks to the discipline, you often manage to kill all of their troops before their morale runs out, meaning you murder stacks without having to chase them halfway across the map. Also, there are many ways to raise morale, but only few ways to raise discipline. Prestige is pretty much useless for anything but early game, and even there it's pretty shit, technology discount is nice, but not nearly as nice as that discipline buff.

Mind is not OP at all. It's in the 'nice to have' cathegory with all three buffs, maybe except for the raised morale which would make a big change in early game (but not in mid or late game, where everyone has morale bufs out the ass)

Understanding comes third. Advisor discount is, again, nice, but far below in importance when compared to land maintenance or trade efficiency. Diplomatic reputation, on the other hand, is very nice, especially when you want to diplovassalise and the like.

Reason is still a joke. Everyone is at 3 stability for 90% of the game, the other things that lower unrest aren't really important since you already give -2 unrest in the religion itself, which is really enough.

shit, understanding comes fourth, I made a mistake

That's one of the reasons I enabled the syncretism mechanic (the one Tengrism has), but I can see your point, I think I'm taking these bonuses and maluses too far from what I had intended.

Fuck off.
Maybe a -0.05 (or even -0.025) land maintenance? I kind of wanted to make 'thought' as a way for the civ/ruler to devote their time devising 'new ideas' to improve existing 'methods'. Been browsing the modifiers list for a while and the only one I think would 'fit' is lessened land attrition.

0.025 discipline then? I don't really want to drop the discipline bonus, mainly because I don't know what could I switch it for (And I think it fits the 'Intelligence' deal, soldiers with better education and training.)

This one I think is balanced enough, faster relationship improvement and diplo rep are a god-given when you want to quickly strike an alliance with bigger guys, as well as appeasing everyone before/after getting too much aggro expansion. Perhaps I could make diplo rep +2 so it evens out?

I'm having a hard time deciding what would fit into the 'reason' category, the religion itself already comes with lowered unrest, tolerance is pretty fucking dumb and stability gain doesn't help much at all. The way I see it, a player is still going to convert provinces no matter what, so reason -along with the religion's native bonuses- are somewhat negligible.
Maybe strengthening the unrest bonus along with something else?

I think I'm going to remove the initial bonuses of unrest, religious unity and the global missionary strength malus. A war exhaustion malus and +1 diplomat should be enough.

I'm also unsure about removing the syncretism mechanic altogether, too many bonuses for a religion which already has a personal deity mechanic.

Also, it had just occurred me that some maluses could also be implemented into the personal deities. Switching one bonus for a malus, so 2 bonuses and 1 malus remain; how's that sound?
I envisioned this religion being somewhat punitive about going to war, doing undercover actions and converting other people's faiths. So the play field could be somewhat evened out by applying a malus to 2 somewhat strong bonuses.

Maybe give reason a seperatism modifier?

You could also give the religion itself am increased aggressive expansion modifier perhaps in concert with lower aggressive expansion for vassalisation.

Would be a rather nice way of doing thing atleast deity choice would matter more.

I'll see what I can do, thanks for the feedback.

Why is that?

Nothing, I was gonna add some severe penalties for declaring war, but that just don't work.

Here's what I've got so far (Ignore the AI behaviors, gotta fix that later):

###reason (Reasoning: This deity should be strictly used for peace; It's reason after all, and war is unreasonable. People expect peace from a Manichaean ruler.)bam = { global_unrest = -3 war_exhaustion = -0.02 global_manpower_modifier = -0.075 allow = { religion = manichaeism### NOT = { has_country_flag = vef_regency } } sprite = 35 ai_will_do = { factor = 1 modifier = { factor = 2 personality = ai_militarist } modifier = { factor = 0.5 personality = ai_colonialist } } }###mind (Reasoning: Mind fortitude, but also raises awareness, hence aggro expansion.)manohmed = { land_morale = 0.1 reinforce_speed = 0.1 ae_impact = 0.075 allow = { religion = manichaeism ### NOT = { has_country_flag = vef_regency } OR = { ai = no government = monarchy } } sprite = 35 ai_will_do = { factor = 1 modifier = { factor = 2 personality = ai_diplomat } modifier = { factor = 0.5 personality = ai_capitalist } } }###intelligence (Reasoning: Better education translates in less peasants and artisans.)###note: I wanted to add army tradition, but I'm not too sure about it, perhaps swapping it for discipline?ush = { ##army_tradition = 1.5 technology_cost = -0.05 discipline = 0.05 production_efficiency = -0.05 allow = { religion = manichaeism### NOT = { has_country_flag = vef_regency } } sprite = 35 ai_will_do = { factor = 1 modifier = { factor = 2 personality = ai_militarist } modifier = { factor = 0.5 personality = ai_colonialist } } }###Thought (Reasoning: By embracing new foreign ideas, the populace might believe you are being too lenient of foreign influences)adeshishn = { idea_cost = -0.1 trade_efficiency = 0.15 prestige_decay = 0.01 allow = { religion = manichaeism### NOT = { has_country_flag = vef_regency } } sprite = 35 ai_will_do = { factor = 1 modifier = { factor = 2 personality = ai_colonialist } modifier = { factor = 0.5 personality = ai_capitalist } } }###understanding (Live and let live: People hold your ruler in high regard, but due to his good nature the methods of taxation have become more permissive, hence understanding)parmanag = { relations_decay_of_me = 0.2 diplomatic_reputation = 1.2 global_tax_modifier = -0.05 allow = { religion = manichaeism### NOT = { has_country_flag = vef_regency } } sprite = 35 ai_will_do = { factor = 1 modifier = { factor = 3 personality = ai_capitalist } } }

Made a typo with understanding, should be 2 diplo rep.

Also, here are the religion's bonuses:

country = { diplomats = 1 tolerance_heathen = 2 war_exhaustion = 0.02 ###(I'm unsure if I should keep this one, it gets triggered at war) } country_as_secondary = { horde_unity = 2 tolerance_heathen = 2 diplomats = 1 } province = { local_missionary_strength = 0.05 ###(Manichaean provinces are easier to convert.) }

Any feedback on these two? I think aggro expansion (ae_impact) might be a little too high, same with the manpower modifier malus; and as for the war exhaustion malus, I'm not too sure about.

I never did much with with army tradition so I'm not sure if it's worth it
What you could do is take out discipline from Intelligence and add a leader ability boni, not sure which might be too powerful, and/or army tradition.
You could then give discipline to Mind, giving it this resillient/strong but unflexible approach, perhaps something like increased seperatism of unrest as malus?

Maybe make ae_impact lower but use it as constant modifier for the religion to encourage a more peaceful and/or underhand playstile.

What about changing the manpower malus with a reinforce malus?

Deciding is if you use reasoning as in it is reasonable to keep fighting or it is reasonable to be againtst war no matter what.
1st case obviously a bonus 2nd a malus.

With the 1st case you could maybe exchange the manpower malus with a reinforce malus?

If you go with the 2nd choice and give a war_exhaustion malus for Reason you might have to remove it from the religion itself and add something like a boni to prestige, lower amount of seperatism, lower core-creation cost only a bit considering how impoertant adam is.

In the end those will have to be tested a bit especially considering its VeF and not vanilla.

My problem with army tradition is that it raises very slowly (while at war) and the decay rate is something like -4~5 AT per year. So even with say +1 army tradition, the bonus is pretty much negligible unless you go batshit insane with a +5 AT and lessened AT decay bonuses. I do agree discipline should be brought back to mind, but how much would be enough? 0.5 discipline with 0.1 morale or reinforce speed? I like morale and reinforce speed as they are, and by adding a 4th modifier to a deity, the GUI get's all fucked up.

Then what could I use for the second intelligence bonus? Army tradition/AT decay is pretty much crap unless you've got a huge stack of bonuses all adding AT (such as completing quality ideas, that's the only one that gives AT I think.)
Reduced build cost? Defensiveness? I'm not a fan of those two (Defensiveness fits more into the mind deity.) Leader ability doesn't sound too bad, perhaps leader maneuver could be used instead, my second strongest candidate would be reduced build cost.

Perhaps I could add ae_impact to the religion's bonus, but wouldn't that be a bit punitive? It could be easily swapped for the war exhaustion malus (added to the mind deity) though. I still think punishing the player with increased ae (as a base malus) is a bit too serious.
I could make the war exhaustion bonus from reason to negate the malus from the base religion, that'd be a way of fixing it, you'd still get negative WE per month (maybe +0.02 WE from base + -0.04 from reason?)

I wish I could use the 'defensive_war_with' and 'offensive_war_with' conditions with a broader context, that'd make the religion much more flavorful (offensive gets manpower maluses, defensive gets manpower bonuses.)
And as for the manpower malus from the reason deity, I do agree manpower recovery speed could be a fitting alternative. They're both pretty much interchangeable anyways, and recovery speed could ultimately fuck you up even worse (If a revolt ever happens while you're creating cores for example.)

Every fucking time

Not grand strategy but whatever.
Got around to play Endless Space 2 again after they added a new major faction and boy are they broken as shit.
Turns out they get a huge boost to influence and industry where if they build something on a planet a percentage of the industry done is converted to dust. Add that to the tech that let you turn 25% of your industry to dust and bam, you're space rich.

And their influence gain is silly too, the sphere of influence grow stupidly fast and in era 3 you can get that tech that slowly convert enemy planets to yours for passively winning the game. I wiped out my closest neighbours by just sitting tight and let my influence gobble them up and start nibbling on my distant allies planets due to its fuck huge radius.

Though the game starts running like shit 50 turns in, load times between rounds gets longer and longer and now I can't even load my save and get stuck on loading screen at the 145th turn. But it doesn't matter as I had won anyway, all the other empires was at least 1k points below me and was just a matter of time before all the other empires got absorbed too.

There was a new CK2 dev diary by the way:
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-32-intriguing-quality-of-life-changes.985268/

tl;dr they're working on QoL stuff with the menus and it looks alright.
- Bigger decision window
- Can mark decisions for alerts so you won't get spammed with shit you're already aware of
- You can finally fucking tell who the target of a plot you're backing is
- Sorting prisoners, mass murder/ransom them
- Can ask to join an AIs plot

The art looks glorious.

Although some of the texts… Christ.

Yeah there are a lot of typos here and there but it's an early access game :^)
And the devs are French.

What now lads
I have 11 loans

Also, in vanilla, you can bully the ((merchant estate)) into giving you money for 20 loyalty, but I see you have estates greyed out.

I need the fleet, its galleys,in case I go to a war with pretty much any nation bordering me, the fleet was extremely useful in taking over crimea from genoa
mothballing forts check
I dont have excess military, and I can't start any wars, I might vassalize imereti who are my useless allies

I wanted to play an easy GS game, so I looked up Crusader Kings 2 after about a year of not playing it.

Has it become relentlessly bloated to the point of unplayable complexity? Will I have to pour over tutorials, manuals, and wikis to play it now?

Bloated, yes.
Unplayably so, not really. The new features will mostly just be annoying to you.

Good to hear that it hasn't been ruined by the relentless expansions. Thanks.

I wonder if theres an event for historical rival

Been trying to reform the Roman Empire though I feel like time is stacked against me. I can force a PU on Austria, but other than that my vassal is Trebizond. Am I on track?

You can turn off the unpopular features that were added in Conclave like shattered retreats and coalitions. Reaper's Due is their best DLC yet.

Did you niggas all suddenly become Byzantiboos after that "Post your ebin Germanies" meme song or what?

what the fuck?
also
at least trebizond is your bitch

Frogs led by the spirit of Charlemagne crusading the fuck out of kebabs

NOT AGAIN FOR FUCKS SAKE
well better than sandniggers for sure

Can someone explain to me how this is possible? I only tribuned sweden and this happened?

Sweden wasn't meeting the diversity quotas so they got enforced.

It's Sweden there is nothing to explain.

Rate my Europe.

My Idea groups: Quality, Standing Army, Professional Army, Diplomacy, Culture
My goal: World Theocracy under a God-Emperor.
Expelled all Jews: Yes,.

Hellas and Ireland formed on their own. Kiev was almost as big as Muscowy but imploded.
France is an alliance with HRE Bohemia(Hungary and Croatia PU), Ottomans and Aragon. some 200 000 troops altogether. And their vassal Anjou has southern Italy. fffffffff
I have Castille, Bohemia, Milan and Burgundy. I would take England if they weren't such lazy island monkeys. Scotland is still around.

Funny one: Early colonizer Portugal is STILL jewish after a Calixtine revolt destabilized the country and has converted most of their provinces. They CAN form Israel if you take Jerusalem. I have savegames just after they go full kosher so I might try a Chosen run.

Does anybody know if Kingdom of God or some other unification country exists for the Pope?

MEIOU mang. Twice as hard as vanilla.
Unification of the Italian peninsula must come first and the eradication of the Eternal Frog.

Always been.

Byzantium for life fam
feels good

WHAT TO DO

>tons of fun thanks koret
It's ok, the phoenix will rise from it's ashes r-right?

While allying osman would certainly be beneficial, you gotta remove kebab.

What's the state of Rum, Kurdistan, Gazikumukh, Circassia and Cilicia? Are they your allies, they seem like easy prey. Aydin is also a good target for an alliance (if they aren't allied with osman) and it could be beneficial in the long run for kebab removal.

Also, what about Wallachia and Halych? Are they your allies? Remember you'll have to eventually expand somewhere, and the northwestern coast of the black sea is a good place, Wallachia should be your vassal.

You should also ally someone in the Balkans proper, to stop osman's shenanigans. Encase the faggot in alliances (remember DIP mana doesn't matter much, so it's ok to go over you relations limit.) Get rid of unnecessary alliances and guaranteeings.

You were greek to begin with and never cared about BYZ? Jesus man. At least you've seen the light and fueled the fires of disdain towards turkroaches.

accept, blob into Mameluks and Mesopotamia, then backstab Ottomans and eat them

SOON

Yeah ill do this, Ill take over the Mamluks and then fuck over osman

Gotta thank the educational system for connecting our identity more with the ancient greeks and less with the glorious greco-roman civilization that flourished with the world jewel at it's center.

But Greece was never intended to be connected with those ideas in the first place, Greece is the result of a proxy war to weaken the turkroaches, like proxy wars today too.

Wallachia isnt, Halych is my ally, kinda useless, dunno what;'s up in the game, but they never join my offensive wars because they are too distant.

That's good idea, i'll try to ally everyone, tis hard though, because i get -20 from the difficulty setting

Osman at war with mameluks
what to do

drop in and take as much from Mamluks as possible

muh tolerance

One more territory or shekels?
Ill feed kurdistan the new territories

watch your fucking AE

Does VeF not have any history outside of the bookmarks? I notice the timeline slider is gone.

Its ok
No one made a colalition.
I've almost reached the Indian ocean, Osman is OP as fuck has something like has like 2x my army size, almost took Egypt and now is taking over Greece

That osman's gonna be a pain in the ass to remove, especially with all the stupidly OP bonuses.

Make sure to halt their blobbing, take other weaklings around them. I think Wallachia could be a good option since you share a coast, fabricate claim and annex away.

Not sure how you guys feel about custom nations but I made one with Yazd as its only province because I wanted to play as a zoroastrian nation without bothering with zealots. My goal is just to own the cores needed for the "Zoroastrian Diaspora" and "Rekindling the Royal Fires" modifiers.
I didn't really have to worry about war during the first decades because the Timurids were my only neighbour and the one time they declared war on me I offered war reperations and that was enough to end it. At the end of the first century I started supporting Khorasani rebels that had spawned and used it as a casus belli to declare war on them, it lasted 30 fucking years, mostly because other rebel factions kept spawning and most of them had 20k units. Right now my only problem is that I'm neighbouring the Ottomans but they haven't fabricated a claim on any of my provinces even though it has been years now so I'm guessing nothing will really happen for a while.

That wasn't supposed to be a reply.

I'm making just that for VeF's GoB submod, a Zoroastrian satrapy centered in Yazd (Cores are Yazd, Rafsanjan and Kerman, all Zoroastrian.) It comes with the Indo-Persian techgroup (Basically a clone of the muslim techgroup since it has the same units and a 140% tech penalty) but with danker names for their governments and such. You can also form Persia and all, which is pretty cool.

If anyone's interested, I also added dynamic province names for the Iranian culture group. It bothered me to see all those stupid turkic and steppenigger-like names on my glorious Persia.

Is it possible to use it for pirated versions? Most EU4 mods that are downloadable outside of Steam are outdated so I'd appreciate it if you could put it somewhere to download for those who don't like paying for every single DLC that Paradox shits out.

They're all in the OP's pastebin, check them out. Although VeF is v1.17 only.
As for the DLC I think they're also in the pastebin.

READ THE STICKY

My bad, this is my first time posting in these kind of threads.

These Xiongnu better be as tough to beat as they appear.

In EU3, I once discovered that the entire east, from Arabia to Mongolia to the borders of China and half of India was one giant empire of Hormuz. It was fun to watch them break

Byzantines deserved what they got and more.

>tfw you spend the whole day coding events for your gay religion and most some of them don't work as intended.

If you haven't gotten used to it, Conclave's council mechanics will probably annoy you a lot. It's not really a bad mechanic but its an advanced one that can essentially paralyze you into inactivity if you don't understand it. So disable Conclave your first game.

IIRC there's a chance of physicians being of another religion and converting the ruler. I've only seen muslims in the Norse realms once though.

How exactly does EU3 decide whether or not you inherit a PU country? The game seems to change it's mind every few minutes even when no major stats have changed.

It's literally just random. It's just rolling the RNG ahead of time.

Anyone have EU3 Divine Wind 5.2 patch?

>EU4 has SIXTY FIVE DLCS

Is it any fun or should I just stick to eu3?

Just pirate it and decide for yourself. You don't have to buy it even if you like it, because it is a DLC simulator.

t. pedophile