Military Flight Simulator

ENGAGE EOS WE'RE GOING HUNTING

Well, the Su-27 was first produced in 1982 so… 30 or so years?

does any of you anons even play IL-2 sturmovik BOS/BOM/BOK? i've got well over 700 hours in it and its got by far the best
damage/flight/physics model i have experienced so far in any sim. i'm looking for some wingmen that are able to pilot the La-5, the only wingman i have only flies the yak-1 and i'm getting pretty tired of being target practice for anyting in the sky.

Unfortunately not for me. I'm still dying due to my inexperience.

Seriously, what happened to the 104th Server? It's been gone for a week now.

why do its machine guns not do anything?

No, I don't have a track-ir or flight pedals. And I'm not going to pay 90€ for a single game that's split in two.

i just need a wingman to watch my tail for now i guess. as long as you can fly it. and for the 104th i have no clue.

in what game?

i dont have track-ir or pedals either. i bought BOS for the sim and won some lottery's that got me the FW109 and the la-5 for free. i bought BOM for the mig-3, bf-110 and the DO bomber. im not sure if it was worth it at the end but i do agree the bussiness model of this game is retarded.

il21946 damn i wish the multiplayer was like bos or even cliffs of dover

You don't need flight pedals and you can make a cheapo track-ir pretty easy. Track ir is also optional.

I've never tried flying WWII planes mostly because I suck at spotting enemies and identifying enemies or foe. I'm also socially awkward :^3

Bumping for flying

GLORY TO BELKA

nigger

If you have a spare stick with yaw twist there's an easy way to nigger rig some pedals.

Reminder that Best Buy is having a sale on Logitech stuff, including flight sticks and pedals.

Is there any honest to goodness flight sim that also features combined arms operations?

VBS3 is probably the closest thing to what I desire but finding a torrent for that shit would be like finding an honest to goodness unicorn in the flesh.

I just passed my navy flight exam and physical. Simultaneously excited and nervous at the opportunity. I got great scores so I have a guaranteed spot in flight school.

So when do you get to fly a plane into a building?

9/11 was a hologram you bluepill cuck

Nice try Shlomo.

I would but
1: I'm a poorfag
2: Playing games on a potato computer
That relegates me to older flight games, of which IL-2 1946 is my game of choice. I use the CUP mod and play single player, it really is a bunch of fun but not very pretty. Damage model is pretty good as well despite the game's age. The complex management in this game is so much less than the stuff in IL-2 cliffs of dover and probably in BOS as well, you really only have to keep an eye on your oil/water temps and turn down the prop pitch when you don't need the extra RPMs.

I was only able to shoot down 2 I-16s in a 1 sortie in a DCG campaign over china and I had to blow all of my ammo, but that is a relative extreme, most of the time I don't get kills. Specifically against the guys flying American fighters (mostly P-40s), the slav planes actually have the decency to die sometimes.

You may have more success aiming for pilots than trying to bring down p-36s and p-40s, which are fairly robust planes ESPECIALLY in comparison to your own.
The plane is really stable and comfy to fly though, so I can listen to my nip music and zone out a little while flying 30 minute patrols over endless rice fields in chinkland.

*complex engine management

you can buy cliffs of dover for $5 on g2a.com and i dont think it takes much of a proper computer to run it

i know for a fact il-2 sturmovik has the t-34 and panzer 3 avaliable for free that you can drive in some servers, with objectives and players attacking/covering you from the air the tanks are actually modelled very very well the only problem is that since it was just a side/fun project that the devs came up with to test the versilaty of their engine the tanks are not fleshed out well enough to make a full, worth of your time tank sim

video related

Fly it man. Just start learning to cold start it. Flying will come naturally as you fuck around.

That's a pretty ghetto way of doing it. Won't the be especially with the other axis though?

Make some vids for us when you're up there. Show us some pee in zero G while you're at it. Congratz.

I doubt flying is the issue. It's all the systems. Flying in these games is easy on the base level. A cold start is just remembering a number of button presses in order. It's when you need to start using the systems of the plane when the learning curve takes off. Stuff like the CDU, using the navigation systems, how to effectively use the weapon systems, RWR and how it works on your end and the enemy's end, what sort of ordnance and how much to take with you, what manouvers are useful when and how to react to things. The few latter ones can come with just flying but it requires A LOT of trying and these games make it extra hard since it's not like they have a rewind or a quick save system you can abuse to try out what works and what doesn't. If you have no idea how to evade something for example it's pretty hard to figure it out just by yourself because the situations are not easily reproducable and the penalty for just trying something can be behind hours of work, most of which doesn't actually have anything to do with the situation you want to learn. Even if you ask someone else what do to it's hard to figure out how to do it and how to perfect it when you can't just repeat the situation easily. If you don't have a friend to play with it can be pretty hard to figure out how your actions are seen from elsewhere e.g. how and when an enemy spots you and what you can do to avoid it. Yes you can read about it on forums but applying what you've read is hard and is part of the steep learning curve and doesn't really get solved by just flying.

What I would suggest to is ditching the блядь Shark right away and focusing on the Hog. Helicopters are much harder to fly than fixed wing aircarft especially the Hog. The in-game tutorials are pretty good but you're probably going to spend like a week of repeating just those for like a dozen hours. Bite sized chunks is a good way to approach it. Even an hour or half per day will do the job. It's the repetition that makes you learn.

I'm gonna shill Aces High. It's a multiplayer game that has had planes, tanks, boats, etc. operating in the same arena for over a decade now. The flight model is decent, the tanking is fun, the community is a bunch of old guys. Downside: $14/mth subscription, but there is a 2 week free trial.

Hey guys, I've been flying around in the Su27 learning how to hide from radar. But I can't seem to do it even though I'm flying ridiculously close to the ground.
I was flying around 500 fts in the valley but yet I get locked on when flying around the enemy. My radar wasn't on and I only used the EOS. What am I doing wrong exactly?

It's not a guarantee that you wont be detected.

Wel that's annoying then. If I want to engage an F15, sneaking around is the only way I can do it right? If he sees me and he immediates goes for me while I'm in the valley, I'm going to have to flee while he spams AIM 120s at me. For the most part I'll just be going defensive all the time and never really being able to attack then.

Diving to the ground is a fucking meme tho, Speed and altitude are key, i say go high, launch an R27-ER to force him on the defensive and follow up with a good ET shot

Doesn't the AIM 120 have better range than the 27ER though?

That's where the speed and altitude comes in.

Alright, makes sense. Gonna try that later see how I do.

What's a good DCS module to start with? I've got the A-10C and the Su-25T, but I'd like to get an A2A focused aircraft. I was liking the look of the MiG21.

Do you guys ever look at how to properly ramp up planes? I've gotten into falcon BMS lately and have been trying to learn the ramp up the f-16. The included manuals show two different ways of completing the task. Is there some sort of FM or TM I could read, or does it ultimately not matter, as long as everything is on that should be?

If you want something simplified go get Flaming Cliffs 3. The SU-27 and the F-15 are the only ones that have Professional Flight Model though. I wish they had clickable cockpits.. If you want something more simulation type, go for the M2000. It's pretty viable in multiplayer as well.

No yet. I should probably go around trying it out.

I've noticed something when comparing the hud to the F15 and the SU27. They have different altitude measurements. What measurements do the russian planes use?

Metric

I'm not looking for a simpler cockpit or more simulation. To answer my own question, I guess ultimately does it even matter which ramp up tutorial is correct as long as both meet the criteria to get you in the air.

The tutorials are the ground ops training manual and the f-16 ramp up tutorial provided with the BMS mod.

Thanks.

I wish we get RIOs soon. I want to reenact Top Gun.

how has nobody made a commercial flight campaign in il21946 yet. you get magic internet points if you can correctly guess the location

I am not even sure which book I read, but I still remember every other aspect like it was yesterday.

BACK

TO

REDDIT

Wait, you can actually fly out of the map?

Ok.

Tobruk?

bump

I'm not the only one who lost half a dozen planes to Vikhrs when I started playing, right?

Ye. Nothing but infinite green fields there though. The map display on your MFCD extends all the way to Iran, so I thought that would be a good idea.

You are as alone as a fish in the desert.

Yeah, how about the more arcadey shit? Some user brought up Crimson Skies awhile back and after blazing thru that one I need some more.

no

(((war thunder))) ??

bump with flying music

That's pretty neat that they'd let you fly all the way there though.

Actually, what does the number at the bottom left of the datalink mean? It doesn't seem to correspond to the "km" range on the HUD when you're locked on to something. The locked range is 100km but the datalink shows 20. What does that mean?

I don't want to fall asleep while flying

Viggen is coming to DCS. Fucking double delta motherfucker.

I don't understand, this music isn't even good

DCS seems to be getting more and more planes to fly. I still wish for a more simlike Su-27 and F15 though. Maybe something like SU-30 MKM, that sweet sweet R-77 man.

Music's great man what are ya talkin about

How's this then? Feels good when you're soaring and doing acrobatics.

Shit taste detected.

Why is it that the Su-27's autopilot seems to dip down and lose the altitude I want to stay on?

Bump

I need this thread to learn shit :(

Its time for you to leave

Is there any advantage to using this over Facetrack, which just uses any old webcam?

Well there's the fact that Facetrack is total garbage, is EXTREMELY dependant on the lighting conditions and barely works. If you need to dodge the cost of TrackIR at least build a FreeTrack setup.

I'm sorry I don't care for your elevator music. I never had a PS2 so I don't have the nostalgia for AC so to me it sounds nearly the same as any other game OST.

It's worked very well in my experience, no problems with lighting or anything.

Then you're the first of dozens of people I've talked to who've tried it. Either you're incredibly lucky or lying. How much and what have you actually played with it? In my experience if I don't have a light shining straight into my face FaceTrackNoIR is totally unrealiable and will constantly lose tracking.

I've used it with IL-2 and Elite. It only loses tracking if I turn my face completely away from the camera but it snaps back quickly. Sorry to shatter your world view but I've never had any problems with it.

Face track is very innacurate and barely works. Best option is to build your own which is simple shit. Also, do you wear glasses when using facetrack?

It's not really nostalgia. Haven't played Zero up until last year. The song is favored by many because of the scene its played during. Also, its a pretty great song for dogfighting.

Are there macross mods with transformable robots?
Using those back in VFX was top fun.

Alternatively are there any high-end flight sims with mod support that I can turn into autistic Valkyrie simulator?

Sky Rogue.

It's a random level generated Ace Combat game with Dreamcast graphics

I don't think it's possible for DCS.

Fuck normalfag aircraft. Why does nobody bother taking a prototype aircraft and coming up with a cockpit layout for it, and making their own systems? This would open room for so much creativity and good design decisions.

Fuck my life.

what settings should i have for il2 dcg that shooting down enemy planes actually does something