What do you think of the Switch, Nintendo's newly announced console that is portable but also hooks up to your TV?

glixel.com/interviews/skyrim-creator-todd-howard-talks-switch-vr-and-elder-scrolls-wait-w451761

Maybe Switch might be a success this unlike its predecessor

what the fuck

DEDICATED GAMING TABLET

WITH SKYRIM

And that is bad how?

It looks like Todd's head was photoshoped in that pic

When will Todd Rise up against the Bob Altkike and own Zenimax?
I figure he would actually make some good on this shitty companies.

oh todd

A Nintendrone Toddposter? That's new.

And how is this not bait?

never

what a shame

They've been shitting things up longer than most their fans have been alive.

This, though. I'd like to see something like the old ass DOS game. You could be a real rotten bastard in that thing.

It's easy to think that Todd has no gaming culture or doesn't know or understand the history of Beth, and video games and technology in general.
But it's actually the opposite.

Todd understands things like classic Fallout, classic TES, and so on.
He WILLINGLY doesn't give a single shit because he wants to make as much money as possible.
Todd isn't ignorant.
Todd doesn't even hate "core" players, he's 100% completely indifferent to them.
He literally only cares about turning IPs into money making machines, exploiting and lying to everyone in the process.
In a way, he's a counqueror, a dictator, a man with a single, focused purpose in life that will not stop until he reaches it.

Look at these eyes.
Look into them.
There's not a single shred of feeling towards you in these eyes, Holla Forums.
He doesn't hate you and he doesn't like you, he doesn't even think about you, you are completely transparent, nonexistent to him.

You know what's worse than being hated, Holla Forums?
Being completely ignored.

Todd doesn't do shit
He just points a finger to codemonkeys while jerking off all day and thinking hes doing something decent for consumers.
This kike is the one you're talking about

This. Being a lead designer of inconsistently designed titles means that he most likely didn't do his fucking job.

This is my favorite Bethesda game on the NES, and probably the best shooter-platformer on the console. The animations are nice, the gameplay is simple, and the platforming, gunplay, and movement actually have weight. I like how Kyle shoots faster when the enemies are close to him. Too bad it's an unfinished prototype with some bullshit difficulty.

So does this pretty much confirm that the game is going to be on the switch? I mean…If it looks and preforms the same while un-docked, that should tell us something at least.

Sounds great. I trust Todd to make fantastic games. Skyrim was GOTY.

Now that that's out of the way, remember all the pre-launch jacking the Wii U got from executives before it launched? Remember how empty all that praise and all those promises turned out to be after the first few months and it turned out the Wii U was a dud? Never believe any AAA dev/exec when they talk up a piece of hardware - they're only doing it to sell you their own shit through it.

Every fucking generation you guys fall for this bullshit.

I mean remember the bullshot trailer for the 3DS with metal gear?

Wake up you fucking retard.

Of course the switch is going to be good. If all else fails it will be a 3ds on steroids and it's replacement for mobile gaming. The only problem is pricing. It has to be around 200-350$ mark if you really wanna stretch it for a mobile console. The n3ds was 200$ when I got it. I forgot if I got it on discount or not. Still Nintendo's Mobile market is going good if not great. They essentially took the risk out of being a stand alone home console and combined it with their mobile console. So reguardless it's gonna have support, if not MUCH MORE support they can now focus 2 departments (mobile gaming and home console gaming) into 1 department. Honestly it's gonna be hard to see the switch fail, the only way I see it failing if it has a slow start and it's actually way shitter in terms of specs (less power than the wiiU) and it's priced as too expensive.

Do you think it will be possible to install Linux on this thing with some effort? Using this as an emulator machine might be really nice.

It's Nintendo. You know how shit they are with security. It'll be hacked in 2 years.

What if it has 3ds firmware? Oh lord.

Wether a console lives or dies depende of one thing and one thing only
THE FUCKING GAMES
Nobody gives a shit about consoles the reason people bought the N64 was to play Zelda, the reason they bought the Dreamcast was to Play Sonic Adventure, Xbox had Hallo, PS had Naughtydog, etc
consoles do not sell by themselves, but if they start showing decent games for them they will sell, the Virtual Boy, the Ouya, the CDI, the 3DO they where all shit consoles some of them too expensive for their own good but the final nail in each and everyone of their coffins was the lack of decent software to play on them

It's going to fail unless they get more third party support. And I don't mean multiplatform shit like Skyrim, but exclusives.

Its just a fucking upgraded wii u gamepad and a ton of accessories. Get ready for 3rd party to drop support after shit post launch first quarter sales and nothing but fucking mario side scrollers as shigsy dies inside.

Again.

All I ever fucking wanted was a 3DS port of Daggerfall, but Bethesda lies and pretends they "lost" the source code so they'll never touch their old classics again.

Just a shaddy rumor.

todd thread?

While this is true, some consoles do sell by themselves. Niggers bought PS4s in droves because "it's the new playstation, nigga!", some did it for the xbone too. They didn't care about the games at all, they just bought it because it was the new thing cool GAMERS were talking about, what they could play on it was a bonus (and it's almost always just sports games that you can play on literally everything). Don't underestimate the dudebro's power, it's what ultimate leads to the success of console.

Eh, MGS3D was an ok port. I managed to tranq The End just fine with a 2DS. Only point I noticed it chugging at was The Boss' fight because of hundreds of individual moving flowers, that was the only part I ever saw the framerate get bad at.

Dunno what kind of ads burgers get, but in my country, the PS4 Pro had an ad that basically said "Buy this because it's MORE PS4 on top of the PS4."
Didn't really say what it was good for, or why was it better. Just that. "More Ps4".

And surprisngly, some people really fell for that, and bought it. Because they want "more" Ps4 I guess. A guy I know sold his PS4 for 150€ to get a PS4 Pro. His reasoning summed up to "Well, I'm not gonna need the normal PS4 now, so it's basically worthless, and that means 150€ is a good price"

I dunno user, I don't think there's much point discussin with people like this.

I don't live in freedomland but in my country ps4 pro's ads are "Buy it because it's the MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE IN THE WORLD!*

*as of november 2016"
Different ads but the result is the same, while i did see people on social medias and gaming news sites calling bullshit on the Pro, dudebros are doing exactly what you said.
At least i can get a dirty cheap PS4 out of this.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I remember playing the original Deus Ex. I was in a level, and I get into this fight. These two guards kill me. And then one guard says to the other – I don't remember it exactly, but it was basically, "Let's go have some lunch."

I was so pissed that this combat was so meaningless to them. I've rarely been angrier. I still remember it. It had to be 10 or 12 years ago. I reloaded. "I'm going to kill these fuckers."

No one here is seriously considering getting the Switch if it has Skyrim, right? It's a shit game even if you mod it to hell.

Shall we gather for whisky and cigars?
NEVER DOUBT.

Now I understand why Holla Forums hates skyrim. They're too ADHD and autistic to enjoy the simplicity of skyrim.

Switch confirmed for shovelware dumping ground

because no one is biting it

I'll never doubt him again. Perhaps I too will revisit the game on a tablet and relax in my comfy arm chair with a glass of wine while I pick flower and enjoy the sunrise.

Get a PSP if you get a vita i'm going to kick you out of this board because it's meant for video games and the vita isn't a video game machine since it has none

probably nintendo is letting third parties put more microtransaction garbage in their games, so the big names will jump on board.

why not just use a cheap microcomputer?

He probably read it off Wikipedia quickly to prepare for the interview

It's a joint effort, both are turbo kikes that only care about maximum shekels.