SOS BATTLES

SOS BATTLES
I like the challenge in catching this Pokemon,
but Game Freak, I think you might have taken things one step too far this time.

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/mystery-why-dangerous-sand-dune-swallowed-boy-180953404/
mega.nz/#!lYgm0AxR!7BiLqxHGATGDLq3hx9avc_nkXDMjA7YNPwYWa5ka404
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bruh, it's obviously a tanky sweeper

care to elucidate me on this user?

That easy

I've been chaining for a battle armor cubone for a few hours now, after accidentally breaking the chain a few times. It doesn't help that I have to rely on 10 PP skill swap just to check for a random chance. All I'll get out of it is waiting for level 53 for Flare Blitz and the endgame move reminder to get Shadow Bone, but I'm going to have that Rock Head Marowak if it kills me.

When it evolves, it learns "Baneful Bunker" which is Protect, but if an opponent uses a move that makes contact, they will be poisoned.

oh holy shit I want one of these now

I'm just happy I've had a few battles that have actually challenged me so far. I know Japan hates the friend summoning gimmick but I think it adds a bit to the difficulty in "boss" fights.

In totem battles it is good, for wild pokemon that you are trying to catch it is annoying. It would be fine if SOS battles had a natural low rate and could be triggered by a move/item.

Yep, 100% agree with you there.

They do, though. The wild SOS calls have a higher chance of failure and you can use the Adrenaline Orb to increase the chances of successful calls.

IIRC, the SOS calls work the same way as the desire sensor in Monster Hunter. If it's an uncaptured pokemon, the chances of a successful call increases.

It's complete bullshit that the trainer doesn't just call another Pokemon out.

I mean, sure the SOS calls fail a lot but the also succed a lot. IMO the succed rate for natural ones is too fucking high.
Nice consecutive dubs though

For some reason Game Freak hasn't figured out how to change battle types while in-battle.

What the fuck? Leftovers farms ad infinitum?

Only edgelords play moon version

where?

no fuck off with your generic le badass reddit fanart lion. I bet you picked charmander and cyndaquil you faggot.

how do i make goomy and castform appear? appearently other monsters would call them in the jungle, but i had no luck so far

Can anyone tell me the deal with the QR code people are sharing on /vp/? It seems you can a QR code and get a pokemon someone hacked on pkhex. How can I hack my QR code so it works with my 3DS too?

I think castform is totem lurantis only

>>>/oven/
I know the answer but I will not assist a faggot like you.

im sure the pokedex wouldnt tell me its in that area in that case

Guess you caught me

Try catching a feebas in gen 4 and get back to me.

Pirating's a thing now for 3DS, remember? Plus you can even go online if you get it from freeshop because Nintendo can't into security.

To be fair I almost picked sun because Soleo reminds me of Liger Zero from zoids. But in the end I like the ghost type and werewolf more.

Why does the reverent battle style have to suck so damn much.

Just got a rash Eevee, so I'm thinking of evolving it to Espeon since that seems to benefits the extra Special Attack the most. Is this a good call, or would it be better to evolve it into a Sylveon?

Sylveon is useful for Cute Charm, makes it a lot easier to find a female Salandit (if the Eevee's male)

nature and ability is not important unless you are playing competitively, so use whatever you like. every NPC mon has no stat (EV) investment, shitty movesets and stupid battle AI - they're designed to be easy so you can beat the game with whatever team you like.

once you want to battle competitively, then you might want to start thinking about stat training, breeding, etc..

At this location. You need tauros to get there.

They wouldn't do that on the series' anniversary R-right?

Does anyone know an easy way to farm bottle caps to max ivs? How about farming EV points. I heard it is apparently days worth of grinding to get one bottle cap or farm EV in certain ways.

Does that one island where you can increase EVs still go without playing the game or can sleep mode work?

Nothing in the game talks about that, it's just a game theory

Well something happened over there.

10 minutes later
Really

Someone will come around to hold the torch Pokemon left
I'm sure
We just gotta hold out a little longer

Mystery Gift

Don't you mean the Berensayyyyyn universe?

Are any of the ultra beasts good to use? I was thinking of using pheramosa, but I heard that they have shit movesets. Does anyone know what a good moveset would be? What about EVs.

Also does anyone know how to farm bottlecaps?

All the UBs are uber.

No they aren't, they have just enough weaknesses and don't count as Special Pokemon in the game rules.

Nah you're a manlet.

Can I trade an Alola pokemon (mareanie, just as an example) to XY or ORAS? Would gimmicks like "super training" work on them?

It's funny because that's literally what happened.

The timeline switched to a brand new one in X/Y. The old one got destroyed. I think the third games don't count, I.E. Platinum, Crystal, Emerald. But who knows, they probably gave it the finger

You're kidding, right?

What would be a good nature and move set for pheremosa? I was thinking of silverwind, high jump kick, swagger, and lunge.

No

Gamefreak doesn't update their games at all, you can't even use Mega evolutions introduced in ORAS while playing with someone playing on XY.

You look at its stats and tell me, you might be giving it too much credit with some of those choices.

I mean, at least Black Mesa TRIED to take the scientific route before fucking everything up

fucking Game Freak fire your writers

They don't need to get rid of the writers, they need to get rid of the programmers who put in the text for the writers.

an absence of talent, all the way down

geddit, cause parallel universes

I'm fine with writers existing and being paid. I'm not fine with their text being in my monster enslaving adventure.

To be fair, I think by that point she might have already had jellyfish in her brains, if not a contact high off them. It's still fucking retarded I had to ride a lion that shot a laser to an alternate dimension just to help some girl with her mommy issues. I mean, the damage was already done and no more UBs were coming out. Looker and Interpol did a better job of cleaning up in the post game than anyone in the main story.

It might not be every non-megaverse,, but it's pretty implied Hoenn died. Delta Episode was a mistake. This alternate universe stuff is bullshit.

OP HERE
I FINALLY FUCKING DID IT
MY LIFE IS NOW COMPLETE
(For those who can't read Japanese, さいせいりょく = Regenerator)

This is the hardest-to-catch Pokemon I've ever tried my hand at (not hard if you don't care about Regenerator, but caring about Regenerator makes it even harder than catching Chansey in Safari Zone in RBY)

I can't even remember how many days this took me. Three? Four? Something around there. And I still am going to have to breed it a bunch to get IVs I want (it happens to have a good nature, lucky me)

Merciless is neat but toxipex is one of only 2 pokemon that can safely switch into pheremosa and is able to wear it down via rocks/poison/orb recoil. It may already have recover but even more free hp regen on switch is a huge deal.

Merciless is actually pretty shitty on toxapex, 50 base spA means that even with full investment and venoshock+crit, it won't do much damage. It can even rectify this by boosting because it learns nothing to enchance his SpA

It's a solid ability that lets an absurd wall do respectable damage vs anything that doesn't resist as long as you have a way to poison shit (toxapex has 3 good ways) and it's way better than regenerator for ingame. Though in competitive it's going to switching into a lot of shit so regenerator is by far the better ability.

Festival plaza. Gotta upgrade though.

Ye it's totally better than regenerator in-game, that much is certain.
I still wouldn't use toxa though, it pays off more to be super offensive during the main story due to just how much trash you fight along the way

How? the entire plaza or individual shops?

I'm using it and it's more than capable of 1-2 shotting anything that's not immune to poison, and anything that is still loses to stalling and recover spam.

The ball shop.

just use pkhex and get a hundred. not like anyone will know.
I kinda want to transfer my save to sun to get Solageo, but then that'd be a massive red flag since I have Luna caught

probably because, like he said you fight so much trash throughout the game that actual stats dont matter

I heard if you save inside a pokemon center in this game it corrupts your game. Is it true?

If you edit your save or Pokemon it does from my understanding.

If you're inside the Poké Center and fiddle around with location data, it could. Spawned me outside of the Poké Center while inside, but managed to walk out.

So, Holla Forums, how does this game place against the rest of the series?

writing is garbage
riding pokemon is fun
lots of new waifubait
everything else is about the same

THERE IS NO DARUMAKA IN SUN OR MOON, I JUST WANT A FUCKING DARUMAKA. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

don't you not even have to IV breed this game?

You can cheat using bottlecaps but it artificially raises their stats to simulate perfect IVs, they do not actually raise the pokemon's IVs.

Holy shit user, that is some grade-A autism. Highest I ever went was 7 or something for a Chansey on Blush Mountain.

You need a chain of 40 to get 4 perfect IV pokemon to start showing up.

I need silly nicknames involving preferably, because military-grade autism heavy metal/rock bands.
>Deth Leppard heel cat
>Blob Sabbath muk
>Donowar, Iron Maidon, Don Halen trump weasel

Send help.

its X&Y without the HMs, without a rival, and more handholding

Why you gotta lie like that?

Isn't edge and Null your "rival" in this one?

Both him and Hau can be considered your rival.

but i'm not lying

they feel more like forced traveling partners than any kind of rival.

Plus I don't think there was as many items as you think, like a handful of regular revives and I think maybe 3 max revives at the end. And on that note theres fuck all special balls until you autism out in festival and get the ball shop, which has even less special shit than fucking gen 2. Grats on those 10 quick balls, those are fucking it.

Also
God damn Blue was a joke even back in gen 1

did gamefreak really only include tees and polos?

You're saying this like the old games didn't have trainers with 6 Magikarp, or that 6 money teams were almost half the level of other trainers.

Sun/Moon is my new top game entirely based on quality of life improvements.

Dedicated pokeball button
Option to replace a team member when you catch a new mon
Free effect removal outside battle
Removal of garbage PC sorting options
Effectiveness tracking on defeated monsters
Faster menus and animations in general
Item switching for held items simplified

Even apart from that it's an above average pokemon game.

Yea no, its one of the worst. You're praising the glitter ontop of a pile of shit

It has some good ideas, its just painfully incomplete.

They both seem to have their benefits. I can't choose.

Get the school fish if its for in game. Mare if its "competitive"

Did you hit your head or something? You aren't making sense.

So at the end of ORAS when Looker is suffering memory loss after falling into the ocean- is that actually Pre gen 6 Looker?
And XY takes place after ORAS?

Water Spoder is great.

ftfy

that's rough

A lot of pokedex entries are really fucking dark this time around.

It's also super annoying how some things, like mareanie, are only available through this bullshit

Hadn't heard of that, but I've barely done any save editing yet (or playing for that matter, wanted to let other CFW users scout it out and make sure playing after release is 100% safe) and just so happened to save right outside of a center every time I've gone to do it. Good to know for the future.

Two rivals, you idiots.

Hau and Gladion.

So many people draw the hat wrong.

I was one of hte people shitting on this game, but all those features you mentioned are definite improvements. I'll have to agree with you. I'm not happy with how the series is going, but then again, I'm 10+ years past the target audience. I guess the game is alright.

Tentacool

Magikarp

Mankey

Zubat

Gastly

Abra

Ditto

Skarmory

Trubbish

Staryu

Bounsweet

Polywhirl

These are just ones i've found by catching every mon I see and trading when I have extras.

I can see a reasonable person not liking the changes they have been doing. Which is why I'm glad they focused on mechanical and system improvements that were long overdue.

I'm also completely in love with the professor. He's an actual human being, with a wife!

Lies and slander. Spoder is friend! This what the PokeDex actualy says:

The only thing I dislike is making status even more of a joke than it already was after the poison change in gen 5. Everything else is just undeniable QoL shit that makes everybody happy. I haven't come close to finishing the game, but I can tell it's at least better than X/Y.

that's Moon's entry.

So considering both are true, I think that it being a spider constantly breathing water has led it to believe that nothing can drown.

It's completely subjective but I think statuses apply much more commonly. Older generations I might get 4 or 5 statuses the whole game while here I'm getting a few times per route. But I do see what you are saying.

Maybe it's just the tankier pokemon this gen have more turns on average to get those statuses on?

As it is there aren't many times a status effect is so hindering I HAVE to use the item and eat the extra hit.

The only things I really miss are field moves, horde battles and the PSS. If S&M had those I'd say it was a contender for best games in the series.

You think a 27 chain is autism?
To actually catch Mareanie with Regenerator, I had to get a chain of well over 50 (I stopped counting at around 50).

If you want hidden abilities in Sun/Moon, you're going to need some serious autism.

back on the subject, Water Spoder has great defenses and godly attack with it's Water Bubble ability, but only with Water moves, which is fine because Water is a great attack type.

Toxic cutie has a damned good Protect+Poison gimmick and an ability to make every attack on a poisoned enemy into a critical that ignores resistances and status buffs, called Merciless.

Wishiwashi, the Water Totem pokemon is very simple to use and very powerful, but at 25% HP it becomes weaksauce, and it will get hit because of lower speed, but it's all-around good, and has good attack and GREAT defences in it's Schooling form.

There's Wimpod, who evolves at 30 and becomes Golisopod, who is a tank that focuses on Priority moves like First Impression and Sucker Punch, but also gains the best Physical Water attack in the game (that i've seen) the new Liqiudation, which Water Spoder also has.

There's also Bruxish who is Water/Psychic and has two abilities, one that prevents priority moves or the more practical one, Strong Jaw, that increases Bite moves, and it gets a bite move called Psychic Fangs that takes advantage of this. It has decent stats.

You have five Gen 7 choices and all of them are fair game for competitives.

Toucannon is also pretty good albeit a bit slow. It has a signature move that is stronger than drill peck and can cause burns.

It gets Tailwind. If you pull it off you can start off each turn with Beak Blast which threatens to burn the opponent if they make contact

It also gets Skill Link as a normal ability, which allows it to make real use of Rock Blast and Bullet Seed to cover types.

It's actually a very good mon.

It's essentially Sky Attack that causes burns on contact.
A potential strategy exploiting this would be to use a Pokemon like Shiinotic that gets Spotlight and spotlighting Toucannon when it's poised to use Beak Blast.
Spotlight is a +3 priority move that applies a center of attention condition to the target. To my knowledge Clefable can also learn it.
Essentially you could punish contact moves from ostensibly physical attackers by forcing them into a burn.

I almost forgot about that. Not to mention the decent movepool coverage if you want to use skill link. It also has flame charge and swords dance as well for those extra buffs.

Don't get me started on that one, there's a SHITLOAD of good mons this gen.

Lightweight

I've done multiple fucking 50+ chains and I still don't have one with regenerator. I'm beginning to think you just straight up can't get one.

Did get a shiny Corsola though.

I forgot to list what I was thinking of going with to balance out type coverage on my team.
Beak blast
Bullet seed
Sword dance
Tailwind

There are a lot of good pokemon this gen. Most of the new water, bug, and fairy types are great. The only one I wish was much better is crabominable since I always liked the idea of a boxing crab. The new alola forms are amazing as well. Alola muk with minimize, swagger, knock off, and poison jab is enough to cheese the entire game. Minimize can be replaced with a few other moves as well if you don't want to use that. I like to use shadow sneak as well and pursuit.

I want to lick her cute lil feet

Also did anyone see how klefki is in the game as well? He was honestly one of my favorite choices and I am thinking of using him again, but prankster did get nerfed and now does not work on dark types.

You missed one of my later comments in this thread, I later did a 50+ chain to actually catch Regenerator Mareanie.

I don't know which PSM thread to dump this new shitpost into, so here we go

this thing reminds me of tomoko.

Why wasn't Xurkitree Electric/Fighting?

Nope, pure electric typing.

smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/mystery-why-dangerous-sand-dune-swallowed-boy-180953404/

I can't remember the mangaka. Was it Junji Ito?
fucking christ, man

I miss ito threads

It's always Junji Ito. This one is The Enigma of Amigara Fault

My autism is going to kill me. I didn't know what I was getting into when I committed to using a mono-ghost team for the story.
Decidueye turned out to be a slow mixed attacker, but at least he's usable.
I had to grind for a day to find a Battle Armor Cubone through SOS battles, and only after raising a Sylveon to use Skill Swap, a 10 PP move just to check one of them. Then I finally had to wait for night time to evolve him. But oh, now I have to wait for level 53 to get Flare Blitz, and he learns Shadow Bone at level 27, one level before Cubone evolves, which means I have to wait for the move reminder right outside the league, because I guess Gamefreak thought it would be funny.
Sandygast is only available at the end of the second island, and he's a slow weak first form that evolves at level 42, and I have to hold off on evolving until level 50 if I want Earth Power and Shore Up earlier.
Mimikyu is available even further after Sandygast. I'll probably have to breed it to use Z-Splash and wait for level 46 to get Play Rough, but other than that not so bad I guess.
Sensu-Style Oricorio is only available on Poni Island, no clue how long that will take. Oh, and it gets Revelation Dance at level 40.
But Froslass…fucking Froslass is the worst of all. I can finally get a Snorunt in Tapu Village, but oh, it can't be that easy. Turns out the only static Dawn Stone in the game is postgame. I had to grind out Poké Pelago to get rank 2 of Isle Aphun to search for random stones, and not a single expedition has produced a Dawn Stone for me. Every attempt takes 12 hours minimum assuming I don't run out of poké beans, and no, I can't save scum it. I tried. Turning to GTS just to get a Froslass hasn't been any more fruitful. My offers of a hatched Rowlet and some version exclusives haven't worked, and everyone with a Froslass wants something like a Milotic, a Type:Null, or another Froslass in exchange. All the deposited Froslasses are level 40+ which is above my current level range, but hell, at this point, I'll take it. I've brought all progress on the story to a grinding halt until I can get my hands on this damn thing.

I'll sage this post for pointless bitching/blogpost, I guess. I just wanted to express how surprised I am at how thoroughly fucked this turned out to be, just trying to get a mono-team for the new ghost pokémon.

How do I select sun exclusive mons in the gts? Do I need to see them in battle?

Or press 'What Pokémon' and type their name.

Scan their QR codes

How FUCKING long does it take for a shiny to show up by chaining? I haven't taken a step out of the jungle to catch one of Paras.

But paras is shit and the shiny barely looks any different.

Haunter, Mismagius, Drifblim and Trevenant are perfectly good pokemon you could be using if you weren't a masochist. No reason not to use any of them if you're going to use Froslass.

But it's cute and muh spore breeding material.

Literally every pokemon other than smeargle that learns spore does so by level. And why the fuck would a shiny matter for this at all?

abra is actually hilarious

Rowlet can't learn spore? Fuck.
No reason for this one, I just think Paras is cute. Wouldn't you want at least one shiny of your favorite mon?

Why the fuck would rowlet learn spore?

Do you get only 1 buzzwole in sun? All the offers on gts seem pretty jewish.

You get 2.

It would make a perfect capture mon. Oh well.

How do you even figure that? And do you even know how breeding works?

You get 2. Interestingly Phermosa and Buzzwole aren't the actual pair, it's Phermosa/Kartana and Buzzwole/Celesteela or however they're spelled.

Ah so that's why I couldn't get one for a pheromosa easily. Fortunately a spic remedied this problem for me.

How many Nihilego are available for capture?
Rock/Poison type seems interesting outside of the obvious 4x ground weakness.

Only 1 for both versions.

Thanks for the info, looks like its time to get a Ralts with Synchronize so all I have to do is soft reset for IVs.

You can actually trade bottle caps in game to max out IVs.

The less cap grinding I do the better.

Caps can be grinded out by fishing if I remember right.

Yep, that was a bad commitment to make.
Shoud've waited for postgame to actually train 'mons.

Gamefreak should really fix this someday so that you can actually build story teams and still use them competitively.

Yep. They also made it harder to train EVs and untrain EVs.

Actually they made it piss easy since you can easily get and mass grow the ev reducing berries.

I have not found any yet. I thought they removed them. Where do you find them?

poke pelago has PASSIVE ev training
it takes awhile to full ev train a mon ( a few days) but it involves no input from the player

The single berry pile on Route 10 is the only place you can get them.

Doesn't it get sped up by pokebeans? I mainly meant harder as in longer to do. Does it still work even when you are not playing the game?

Would a 2/3 stage boost to its Sp.Atk (or even Atk) and Speed/Trick Room make it useable?
Or does its still lose out to a major check?

Holy shit how can I forget this.

Water has been the hardest part for me to pick.
Assuming I had Oranguru with Trick Room (or I used Baton Pass/Psych Up boosts), is Golisopod worth using over Toxapex or Araquanid?
Any other recommendations for TR or boosted teams in doubles are welcome.

Doesn't anything get Role Play this generation? Meowstic helped me out a ton for catching new Mon in that regard.
Also, keep going man. If you're the same bro from a previous thread, you inspired me to settle on Decidueye and Alo Marowak for the team.
It'll feel good when you've got your spook bros together, wreaking havok online.

It works without any player input outside of selecting Pokemon, the training regimen, and adding beans.
Much like Animal Crossing, the game's internal clock keeps events going even if the game is not actively being played.

Golisopod plays entirely different from toxapex and araquanid. You won't get much out of it if you don't know how to use it properly, but it's an absolute beast if you do.
Kadabra is your only choice unless you got the event greninja.

While they removed Super Training and hordes, they added SOS battles (not sure how that does EVs), the aforementioned passive training, and much improved Power items.

A chain of 10 SOS Pokemon is enough to max a stat if a power item is used.
I have a Shiinotic I'm training and that method worked to get the EVs I needed.

SOS Battles double the EVs gained from defeating a pokemon.

What would a good moveset for salazzle be? I was thinking of Toxici, taunt, sludge bomb, and flamethrower.
I might replace sludge bomb or toxic for substitute though.

And how do you use it properly?
Abuse Sucker Punch and First Impression with it's ability, while throwing out Liquidation when needed?

Would a Trick Room mean you can just sweep with it (assuming it's checks are gone)?

Kadabra + Heart Scale + Move Reminder.

did someone say parallel universes?

All important question- which is better, sun or moon?

Oranguru gets Trick Room- which certainly helps the new slower pokes. Not to mention Mentor could be devastating if used correctly.
Passimian does what HA Alonal Muk can, but you're better off with Skill Swap.

I like Alolan Sandslash, but tactically it's gonna be useless.

Still, Moon's time gimmik is awful.

Went hunting for another female Salandit so I could have one in a luxury ball. Three mons into the chain a female shows up, and it turns out she was timid too. Mediocre IVs, though funnily enough she has an attack IV of 0.

Not much difference to be honest aside from the time thing, the "best" Pokémon aren't Version exclusive ones anyway and the GTS is basically a 1-1 on every pair anyway, but i think Sun edges out slightly. just because of having the "correct" in-game time.

I think more people seem to be playing Moon though since the Moon exclusives tend to be tradable to shit like starters whereas Sun exclusives tend to stay on a "Demand Moon Equivelant" level on the GTS.

Probably cause Moon got dumped first IIRC, so that's what the Pirates be playing.

I can see why some people could like that feature though, like people who play at night but still want "day" during gameplay.

IVs can be bred for or cheesed with bottle caps.
Nature and ball aesthetics can't.

Lycanroc's Noon forme is superior to it's Midnight forme in my opinion. Access to the only priority rock-type move in the game and a speed on par with Aerodactyl is better that middling defenses and Counter.

Glad to hear that.
Was sick of ORAS' GTS being all legendary begging.

I have been fishing for bottlecaps so far, but I want something faster. Is there a better way to farm bottlecaps?

Oh, don't get me wrong, there is still begging (Usually for Type:Null/Silvally and the Mascot Legends) so you still need to use the "Pokemon i have"/"No Legendaries" filter (Which is why you get the exclusives before you get said Legendary Mons), but this close to release the people who actually wanna use the GTS "properly" are more common then the "i'll just put up Rattata for Arceus and hope i get lucky since im not going to use the GTS anymore anyway" people, so acceptable trades pretty much pops up immediately if one is taken, the issue MAY be the UBs.

I got every Non-UB, Non-legendary Exclusuive in like a hour after i caught a Ditto, most which were used just breeding/hatching eggs of said exclusives for MORE trading fodder.

The real issue the GTS has is Trade Evolutions and Item-Trade evolution, but even then im seeing less "Kadabra for Alakazam" stuff then XY and ORAS since there doesn't seem to be much Everstone trolling yet and Item Trades are "just" old Pokémon like Slowking and Politoed that if worst come to worst, you will be able to transfer from the bank when that goes online.

It will definitely reach XY/ORAS levels in like 2 weeks though when everyone have their exclusives to breed.

didnt some entry about cosmog said that sometimes it would absorb pokemon that got too close to him?

I like that they have different entries for each version. since putting them together makes shit seem even worse in some cases, like with Gengar, In Moon they say it kills people which is bad enough on its own, but then you read the Sun entry and get this little tidbit.

What even are bottlecaps?

If you have a Pokemon at level 100, you can give it to an old man at the mall. If it's silver, he gives the Pokemon the equivalent of 1 IV's worth of stats in one stat. If gold, he gives the you the equivalent of max IVs in a stat. Note that this doesn't actually change their IVs for breeding or Hidden Power.

How the fuck do SOS chaining and EVs work? I went back and started exterminating Salandits for the speed EV they give. I killed at the very least 30 of them. Later I did some testing with vitamins to make sure, and it turns out I didn't even have 100 speed EVs. Same thing with special attack EVs from Oricoricos. Killed a bunch of them, wasn't even at 100 EVs. Apparently you're supposed to get doubled EVs with each KO in SOS battles, so this makes no sense. Anyone got an explanation? Was it because I was feeding the EVs through the exp. share?

mimikyu you adorable piece of shit hurry up and show up so I can catch you and round out mu ghost team!

I love how island scan stuff is only available certain days, that I only found out about this the day after the thing I want from it has passed

I don't know why but it feels a lot more annoying to try and farm a certain pokemon. I just feels like they are set at a much lower percentage. Like I can't even get an eevee or miltank to show up.

You can get a free eevee in Akala's Nursing thing.

I already got it but I like to get every pokemon and breeding eevees is just annoyingly time consuming. Also they are useful for trading.

So what is the fastest way to farm bottle capes? I have been fishing for them for a while now.

So after much wasted time sucking out loud at the Battle Tower, I finally got the 65 available ribbons of Gen 3 and 4 on to my Claydol. I also edited on the WiFi Battle Tower ribbon because despite being theoretically able to connect to a fake WiFi server, I can't fucking connect because the DS doesn't recognize newer WiFi types. Instead, I decided to do a different WiFi related challenge, beating the Junior, Senior, and Master Division 2012 VGC Top 4 Download Tournament at the PWT in Black 2. The problem is I'm a fucking retard and know nothing about competitive Pokemon. Does anyone have any tips for this? Just as a reminder, it's Gen V and I have access to a save extractor and PkHex, so I can just edit up a team to carry my Claydol, whose only real skill is having Explosion.

That reminds me of a joke made on Billy and Mandy that most people probably didn't appreciate.Blackula comments on how he doesn't "suck" blood. He actually "scrapes and licks". This is actually have real life vampire bats drink blood.

merciless is gimmicky and regenerator is one of the best abilities in the game

Here's another improvement I like

That joke was "appreciated" plenty when the show was relevant, just for all of the wrong reasons. Dracula was one of the most quoted characters next to Fred and his non-sequitur.

Buzzwole is the only reason to pick Sun

Good thing you can get Luxury Balls early this game.

Almost every sun exclusive is better than its moon counterpart.

no

There are only 2 possible exceptions I can think of.
Lunala possibly since it's hard to gauge uber legendaries before a meta forms, but pokemon with 2 4x weaknesses that are common in ubers vs pokemon that can counter xerneas doesn't really stack up in lunalas favor.
The other is pheremosa because 137/137/151 offenses with fighting/bug/ice/hp whatever is extremely hard to wall when mixed and is so strong there's a high chance of being banned. Buzzwole meanwhile is "merely" bulky as all fuck and hits really goddamn hard.

What are some good electric types available in Alola?

Encounter a Corsola, force it to SOS with Adrenaline Orb.

Eventually its "cry for help" well draw a Mareanie.

Mareanie and it's evolution, Toxapex, eat Corsola. On Mareanie's turn there's a chance that it will use bite on Corsola.

Magnezone.

This is torture.

i think i should ride out and wait for a meta to form

Even Passimian over Oranguru?
And Gumshoos Totem Boss over Raticate Totem Boss?

You know there's a npc you can trade for a Happiny.

Anyone know how high of a chain I need for max iv ditto? I'm just about done setting up a smeargle to be able to go infinite.

Easier question, how am I supposed to eat berries in battle?

If a pokemon is holding a berry, they'll eat it depending on the circumstances. If they're getting low on health they'll eat a sitrus or oran berry if they're holding one.

can you get max? I thought it caps at 4 iv

After looking into some more I discovered that it caps out at 4 max ivs, the other 2 are still random.

You goyim think this team is smogon enough for battle spot battles?

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Merciless
Level: 50
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Venoshock
- Baneful Bunker
- Toxic Spikes
- Liquidation

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Pursuit

Mimikyu @ Normalium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Life
- Play Rough
- Splash
- Shadow Sneak

forgot to mention that I'll switch to assault vest metagross if/when megas are banned

Orangurus main gimmick is DOUBLES which is basically useless in the main game since everything that matters is 1-vs-2 this time around, and that's the only place where exclusives count due trading and breeding, Passimian is way more straightforward, lead gets knocked out, send in Passimian, Passimian gets leads ability, though i do like the Normal/Other types deal Moon has with Oranguru and Drampa.

Both totems are pathetically easy, Both are weak to Fighting and Brick Break is right there in the Trial Site, even if no Fighting type is available for STAB.

How does this team sound so far. I think my biggest weakness may be a lack of moves against water types though. Any recommendations?
Salazzle
Araquanid
Alola muk
klefki
mimikyu
minior

Any of you niggers taken any dope photos yet? I'm pretty proud of this Cubone shot, more so given Thick Club Cubone/Marowak was my shit Gen 2.

CAN YOU STILL GO ONLINE WITH POKEMON BLACK 2 & WHITE 2?

I hears all the gen 4 & 5 games were shut down, but I'm hearing conflating things about B&W2 (it wasn't hosted on the same wifi network as the other games?)

Pretty sure BW shut down online a bit before before ORAS was released.

That Cubone pic's great.

So where's the best place to sit and try and find Corsola?

I haven't seen any good easily refreshable bubbling spots on Melemele, so I'm currently sitting at Route 9, grinding away at a 5% chance.

Oh shit, I just realized the idea behind Salazzle.
IRL, there's a species of salamander called Tremblay's Salamander: The entire species is female, but in order to reproduce they still need their eggs to be fertilized by a male, so they get males from a related species to mate with them. The males' sperm only serves to trigger cell division in the egg, after which its DNA contribution is discarded and the egg finishes development with just the mother's contribution.
This process is called Kleptogenesis, hence Salandit and Salazzle's "thief" motif.

Is that really how Passimian's ability works? I thought it also had to be a double battle for it to function.

Your best option is Melemele bay, in the middle of that triple rock formation. You can refresh there by going to/near the shore. Not as optimal as Dhelmise hunting but you need all the help you can get.

Upon testing, seems like it indeed needs to be doubles, that's me just taking the ability text at face value at first and thinking "Defeated Ally" meaning your whole team.

So yeah, both are kinda bad for singles, but i think Passimian still edges out.

It was all shutdown the same day, I was lucky enough to download the world champion tournement before it shutdown but I was stupid and never got the fossil Pokemon from the dreamworld apart from Aerodactyl.

Is there a way to tell if Mareanie has regeneration or not before you catch it?

Role Play, Worry Seed, Gastro Acid

Instead of Skill Swap, have you considered using a lead mon with Trace? That way, you don't even have to waste a turn checking since it happens automatically on send-out.

By the time there's two opponents, it picks randomly to trace.

That's not particularly helpful when doing SOS chains which is the only way to get hidden abilities.

On the plus side I got modest female popplio after a few attempts. I hate how you have to go through a novel before and after you can check your starters stats.

Anons, are Type: Null and Silvally regarded as Legendary Pokemon or not? It feels like everyone on the GTS begs for one as commonly as they do Lunala, and the Pokedex labels them as rare as the Tapu Pokemon.

Kinda, they are only a few years old and have no EPIC TALES spun about them, but there are only like 3 of them in "canon", BUT technically Aether Foundation can always make more of them, but YOU will only get one.

Null/Silvally is basically a weaker, but more stable, Mewtwo that went "right" and got a bit additional production instead of fucking off ASAP and burning down the lab it was made in.

There is also the fact that the game fully expects you to be able to beat Type:Null by the middle of the second island and no one really treats it as special at that point aside from Gladion, and basically all trainers see their own Pokémon as special.

The begging i think is more because people want one to evolve and one for Living Dex/Type:BALK builds and that it shows up early so the people who don't wanna punch in a legendary name just pick it from the Dex list.

You get one per playthrough after you beat the Elite Four.
People begging for Type:Null either haven't finished the game or rushed through the dialogue with Gladion after beating the Elite Four and got a Type: Null with shit stats.

How could you tell it had regenerator during the battle?

It's bargain bin Arceus

Wait, the dialogue affects the stats?

No, he means they just rushed through talking to him without saving

So it's the not-so-special Arceus, that makes sense. I'm one of those autists that works on his Living Dex and Type: Null is the only one I'm having trouble trading for, seeing as that I evolved my own into Silvally.

>Get a Kartana
>Decide to trade one for Celesteela, Moon's equivalent
You literally get 4 of them in the story, there's no excuse for this. All the trades I can find for them are for fucking Type:Null and a few pokemon I don't think are even in the Alola dex.

Actually, they only get 2, like you get 2 Buzzwole. They get 4 Phermosa instead.

What's the difference between Sketch and Z-Sketch?

You trade Kartana for Phermosa, you trade Buzzswole for Cerusteela.

Yeah, expect that shit to die down when bank is released and people can just do the story again for another.

Honestly i consider Type:Null too bullied and pitiable to be a Legendary personally due MUH LORE. used to be Type:All, name changed to basically mean ""FAILURE" when the project didn't pan out, and it wasn't even considered worth killing, that's harsh.

Yep, Moon gets 4 Smogonroaches, not for Celesteel.

Pros:
HM's are gone
Riding pokes is fun
Team skull best team
Poke boss battle totem fights are nice
Owning your own planation staffed by pokeslaves
Waifubait everywhere
Fishing improved

Cons:
Cutscenes
Cutscenes
Cutscenes
CUTSCENES
Why did my pokedex need to talk?
Trainers never have more than 1 poke outside of a few aces
Rival is the most limp wristed shit of all gens

Ah.

Retarded question, but when you check EVs on the summary screen, which color is the one you're looking for? Blue or yellow?

wew

Ha, my first fucking Wondertrade got me one before i even had a full fucking team.

Assuming I had Oranguru with Trick Room
Stop right there, learn to play tanks.

Setup with Aqua Ring, give him Leftovers
Evolve into Toxipex and abuse unique poison protect move along with Toxic for special attackers, then sweep
just fucking spam Liquidation, add rain dance, get a Thunder pokemon to assist in doubles if you want
Psychic Fangs, add extra shit you might find useful.
Abuse First Impression and Sucker Punch, give him Leech Life to heal, Liquidation for water attacks. He's a tank that relies on priority moves to get the first shot and due to sucker punch he can kill psychics easy before they can move.

This shit is simple, you don't need a fuckin' trick room since these fucks are bulky as shit.

The SOS battles are cool at times, and fucking cancer at others.
A really weird mechanic.

Biggest disappointment in this game though is that there's still no postgame past the shitty UBs, and still no battle frontier, just another battle tower reskin.

At least there's some good porn

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Why even include the other game's overworld if all it does is change the time?

Gonna be flushing some pokes down the wonder toilet.

A munchlax, mankey, and one of those psychic gorillas if anyone wants to gun for them.

if im up all night itll be day in the game though.

Is a mudsdale any good as a ground type pokemon this gen? I feel like getting one with stamina and just pumping him out there he'd be a real beast

I used one through the story, the defense boost is great. You can cheese a lot of the game with it, especially the Vikavolt and Mimikyuu totem fights. It learns High Horsepower, which is a very slightly weaker Earthquake which only hits one pokemon. It was one of the most reliable pokemon in my team.
As for competitive I don't see it being that viable. Special attackers can fuck it up but you can switch in on a Skill Link pokemon using a multi-hit move and end up with +5 defense.
Personally I'm curious about Skill Swapping Stamina onto other bulky pokemon. Imagine a Stamina Porygon2, or Stamina Blissey.

How viable is Goliosopod?

Which one's better? Tsareena or Lurantis?

Do you want grass and fighting coverage with immunity to priority moves or just grass with a physical Solar Beam? Keep in mind both are physical.

so when you gonna breed this fucker and give us some? I'm having no luck catching one

It's essentially hippowdon that trades sandstream for another really good ability. Not likely to see much competitive use because hippo is better in a few important ways though.

Really strong if you breed for aqua jet and know how to play around its ability.

Both are trash. There are a few physical grass types this gen and those 2 are probably the worst.

Why is it so hard?

Is there any way to transfer pokes from ORAS to SuMo? I have a perfect Ditto that I want to use to breed but I don't know how to transfer it.

Pokebank will be available for transfer in Jan, if you're impatient you can use JKSV and PKHeX to directly transfer them between saves. Your call.

Would aqua jet be a better move for golisopod?

I really really hate the starters

Her Clefairy has a strange expression, and Lilligant and Milotic have angry eyes. I wish I took a picture, because it's pretty neat

So I'm gonna be eventually re-starting to play the game in another language and do a challenge run.

How stupid is it to just wonder-trade away all my legendaries?

Can someone explain this chaining shit for me? Why even bother? Are you just trying to spawn shiny pokemon or something?

Not stupid at all, lots of people do that when restarting. You'll probably make some kids day.

Shinies, hidden abilities, better IVs

This picture makes me angry.

Not of Hau, Ilima, Gladion and Oak there isn't.

It's like you don't even high test.

This is the worst meme

You need to trigger an SOS while it's raining to get a chance at spawning Goomy. Castform is same but also works for sunny and cold weather effects.

True, but it still doesn't take away from being the alpha male and fucking everything in sight.

mega.nz/#!lYgm0AxR!7BiLqxHGATGDLq3hx9avc_nkXDMjA7YNPwYWa5ka404

The official soundtrack came out, btw.

With Pokerus, Power Items and Adrenaline Orbs to speed things up, it takes 7 chained pokemon. If you want, use EXP share and you can max out 6 pokemon's EVs at a time with the new item+pokerus+SOS chain

Yellow. IIRC each "ring" is 50 EVs.