Tyranny - Obsidian and Paradox made an RPG

So if you had been wanting an old-school RPG, Paradox and Obsidian just made Tyranny.

It is pretty old school.

10/10 thread right here, OP.

JUST POZ MY SHIT UP

Sawyer has finally achieved his life goal, he made Obsidian the new BioWare.

Bravo Sawyer.

As in the new old bioware or just a copy of the current bioware?

Is making low effort posts about a recent game in hopes of being called a shill a new meme?

Bioware was always shit, so it doesn't matter.

(Witnessed)

Considering that both the writing and the combat are shit in PoE and Tyranny, I'd say he successfull merged Nu-Bioware with Old-Bioware into one neat incompetent package.

Guess I'll add think twice before I get an obsidian game then, much obliged for your shared opinion anons

Anything of theirs that came out before Pillars of Eternity is fine, even though they all have missing content and buggy features.

Alpha Protocol, for example, is one of the most non-linear and reactive games out there. KOTOR II has the best writing of any Star Wars game to date, attempting to bring a bit of serious philosophy to the usual good vs. evil narrative the franchise is known for and Fallout: New Vegas is the true sequel to FO1 and 2 that completely eschews binary good/evil choices for a faction based narrative where you get to pick sides. Neverwinter Nights 2 and its expansions are also good, though the original NWN2 campaign is a bit too cookie cutter, it more than makes up for it with Mask of the Betrayer, that many view as the true spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment, and the other two expansions are equally fun if you're looking for some D&D to scratch that itch.

Just pirate the games and weep at what could have been.

Shame they never made a game with good gameplay.

Is there some other way of getting games, other than pirating?

FUCKS NOT FOUND ERROR

You could make them.

Is this accurate?

I personally thought that combat was pleasantly predictable. I actually think the writing is above-average.

I think everyone else on this board fucking hates this game, though, so hey, I won't pretend to be better than they are.

I play this game. If that makes me a piece of garbage, then I just have to deal with that status.

Worse, a piece of garbage with plebian taste.

As in "bladder's gate terrible" old school.

It puts you on the same level of a biodrone. You now share the same tastes as tumblr. Once that sinks in be sure to take the gun and do the gene pool a favor.

The SJW propaganda that it's full of is pretty modern

Yes, pretty much. The game is boring. You don't give a shit about anything or anyone, and thus none of the choices presented to you have any weight to them.

The game doesn't even utilize the motif of the Bronze Age effectively because it simply doesn't feel, let alone look like the Bronze Age. It's like going to a Renaissance Fair filled with faggots and liberals, because that's what the world is populated with. Everyone acts, talks and behaves like a 21st century leftist cuck, with the same concerns and inclinations.

Compare it to the Witcher, where you actually get to experience a medieval world filled with medieval people, their concerns, superstitions and views of the world. And what's more, the world itself reflects this, their own evil and pettiness comes back to haunt them in the form of monsters they themselves helped shape and create.

Tyranny? Everyone seems more concerned with figuring if the big bad has a penis or a vagina than anything else going on, you don't even feel as the agent of an evil, conquering army. Even IRL armies from the same period acted more edgy and evil than these jokers. Playing the game I always had the feeling Obsidian was very, very careful to not include anything too triggering so as to not upset their target audience… other than rape, because Sawyer sure loves to write about rape, at length if you let him.

oldschool western rpgs are some of the worst games ever made.

also some games are released for free, like cave story

Mediocre game made with leftover assets from Pillars of Eternity, that what it was and I regret fucking pirating this shit.

t. never played oldschool western rpgs

tried to play a dozen different "classic" ones, they were all terrible. keep the halfchan memes on halfchan son.

Let's hear out what you played :)

Maybe the genre isn't for you then?

This is painful in all media depicting settings that aren't modern western society. Everything is bland as fuck. Even in sci-fi set in the future they don't take the slippery slope/conveyor belt of "progress" to it's logical conclusion and the society is still concerned with current year issues.

sure, daggerfall, morrowind, bg1, 2, ultima 4, ultima 7, planescape torment, nwn 1, 2, can't remember anything else. prefer to spend my time playing good games.

Don't remind me. I recently played Dragonfall and there is literally a "IT'S " dialogue option.

7/10 didn't notice the bait until now.

Yeah, if you consider morrowalk and bladder's gates "oldschool" then obviously you're an authority here.

Dragon Age Inquisition is better.

I don't care if others enjoy it, but it baffles me why anyone would play a recreation of the tabletop experience when the entire appeal of the tabletop experience is having friends around you to enjoy it with. Video games naturally embrace and work far better with meaningful, direct mechanics. I try to find value in things, really I do. As I see it, western rpgs in particular are fucking worthless. At least I see some Japanese ones shake up the conventions. I started playing panzer dragoon saga recently after completing the first two games, and pretty much once you hit the combat system it becomes amazing.

don't care about your dice roll games

How pozzed is Dragonfall anyway? I keep seeing people recommend it, but I always get the feeling it's full of leftist shit.

here is your (you)

It's pretty good with a laughtrack background.

Then you have shit taste.

Well, there is a mission where you shoot up a literal Neonazi Cult that wants to gas all metahumans. Because lol Germany = Nazis am I rite?

your appraisal of my taste is noted, but worthless. What are some of these legendary classic western RPGs of yours? Might & Magic 6?

Sure, why not.

Glad I can scratch that one off my backlog then.

Not any more :(

it's OK, I won't judge you even though you've judged me. I know you don't value my opinion. You don't need to be afraid.

It's set in an anarchist hellhole in the the magic 2070s(?) but considering that it seems awfully unprogressive.

Shadowrun setting was always such shit.

Fuck there are a lot of threads being made for this game. As soon as one drops off the board from inactivity someone makes another one.

Can't wait for Germans to vote Merkel into power again.

We enjoy laughing at leftist shit. BioWare has spoiled us so blame them.

It's so forgetable, people need to be reminded it exists constantly. Much like, say, Civ6.

Berlin is a shithole, your main informant is a Turk and your arms dealer is a gyppo.

So that's accurate both IRL and IG.

pure
coincidence

buy now for only 41,99 or get our premium overlord edition for only 73,99

This add was sponsored by IGN and underpaid part time workers.

Exactly. With there being an active racist organization with popular support around, it's actually less progressive than modern day.

who's on the ticket to kick merkel out of her position? I know Marion Le Pen is pretty much set to fix up France.

The problem is that you seem not able to join them.

New Vegas let me join the Legion and sell faggots into slavery.

Nobody. People don't really want Merkel but no party offers any actual alternative. Heck, the only reason she is going for another term is that her party just doesn't have anybody else even remotely fit for the job.

Germany is lost even if they elect someone competent, France might still have a chance.
Don't know about UK.

Last I heard there was an agitating political group on the far right in Germany, but seemed to be a little one-note with their policies or something. Such a shame. Oh well, guess once the rest of the world gets its shit sorted out, we'll liberate Germany.

What is Vogel?

Will it even be worth it?

I wouldn't be so sure. Leftists and "conservatives" cucked themselves to keep her out before, they'll do it again.

The combat is almost as bad as PS:T.

every group of people deserves their own home.

I'm confident. The Western world largely seems interested in unfucking itself.

Well yeah, but are there any Germans left in Germany?

I imagine, like in America, there's many working class ones too busy to speak out publicly.

Is that what they actually tell you?

I'm not.

You don't know tabletop games if you think their only appeal is to hang out with friends. Tabletop games give us systems and lore through which people can build a coherent narrative for fictional settings. But the problem exist, that you often can't find (the right) people to build these worlds and so the only way to experience certain settings, is that somebody creates a video game of it.
Only if you want to play yourself. The moment you want to play a Character that isn't you, you need a RPG system or you are forced to change and sabotage your own gaming skills, while you play the game. This in turn can lead to the controls of the game feeling more arbitrary than a game build around a dice system.

Germans are the biggest ethnic group in Europe, the only ethnic group bigger than Germans are the Russians and they only manage that, because half their country sits in Asia.

1984 isn't just a book anymore.
It's on the best way to become fucking reality in the UK.

You mean the AfD?
They started out with nothing but economic policies, i.e. out of the EU, reinstalling the DM or anything else then the euro.
Then the invaders came, and everything changed, speciffically in how the media reported on them.
It's easier to call them racists for wanting to uphold the law and common sense then to sit down and actually think how the new economic program they proposed would play itself out.
So by nowe everybody assumes that the AfD is a party that is primary concerned about invaders.

Not that hard wehen Merkel succesfully fucked over any potential succeor that she might have had.

wut

You can read terrorist?

They probably used google translate for that

smh tbh fam it's like 2017-1

Jeff Vogel, creator of Geneforge, Avernum and Exile.
The post references Geneforge which is the concept of Tyranny done decade and a half back.

Numenara seems to be coming out in the first quarter of 2017. Will it be good?

Nope.

Fuck no, Numanera a shit setting and no amount of writing can make it not shit.

Wens Spelljammer:Torment?

NOOOOOOO

My sweet child, let me educate you.

And one of the leads is a hardcore lefty too.
Video game swamp needs to be drained hard.

SOME PEOPLE NEED TO BE PURGED

He's pretty spot on. Visuals are the blandest possible shit that turns out to be ugly if you take a second to look closer, the characters are ALL generic archetypes that you've seen a hundred million times in shitty books, movies, games, etc. with nothing really fleshing them out. Worse yet, there's not even much variety in them, as every woman has to be sronk, and every man is either a brute or a cuck.

Apart from being pozzed to hell and back, the writing is shit even on its own - there is extreme dissonance between the lore and the plot. Everyone keeps saying how incredibly powerful a badass you are, yet you can't do anything badass (the kick from tower being only a sole exception), you get sass from every fucking one, especially women, and the few times someone actually does listen to what you have to say, the party you disfavoured calls you an asshole to your face and half the times decided to disobey anyway. Great fucking power you have there. One time you even get stopped by a bunch of mercenary faggots who go "U CAN'T CROSS THIS BRIDGE!" And no amount of the supposed "influence" you have is going to let them pass you, unless you outright murder them. In other words, you are only powerful when it happens to suit the plot at that particular moment.

The setting is abysmal. It's like you asked a libtard "Tell me how you think the middle ages should, ideally, look like". None of it makes any sense and seems aimed to please SJWs rather than to make a fun believable setting.

The combat is probably the worst part of this game – you couldn't make a slog more boring than this if you tried. You get to pause at any time, which doesn't matter anyway as everyone attacks once in like fifteen seconds, all you do is juggle cooldowns, some of which are overpowered as shit, while others seem to be worse than a standard attack, and overall you just wait and do nothing, occassionally pausing setting a cooldown or two, and waiting half a minute more. Since everyone and everything is a sponge that takes forever to kill, it gets even worse. Also, due to the retarded "wound" system, you are basically forbidden from using half your hitpoints, as if you get under half of them, you run a very serious risk of getting a wound (lowers yout HP by 10% until next rest. Resting takes resources and time, and time actually matters in this game), so you gotta chug a gorillion potions every battle so as to make sure everybody is in top shape all the time, or give up and rest after every single fight.

The lauded creativity is not that good either, to be honest. The game reacts to the prologue and to main missions, but at very arbitrary moments, and I have yet to see anybody react to a side quest. Nowhere near shit like Planescape Torment and the like.

It does. Kill yourself.

How people with complete lack of imagination can get so far in what should be creative jobs is truly inspiring.

I have no limits on my bandwidth and I regret wasting those GB to pirate it

Oh I'm sure there are some bright ideas guys out there working on games but what are you supposed to do when the window for approved storytelling is purely directed on cuck fantasies? Look what happened to Avellone.

No wonder he quit

You might be right. Still, the writer of that particular turd seems to be proud of the scientific accuracy in depicting a society billion years to the future as what libtards hope current year will be like a few decades.

Game is so shit you cant even shill for it except for saying vague non-relevant shit like "it looks old schoolm LOL
👺👌

(checked)
Holy shit, nobody would complain about women in a fantasy setting in proper armor unless someone made a big deal about it like these idiots are.
Also, where the fuck would all of these post-apocalyptic humans find all that hair dye?
kill me now

As I've said in other Tranny threads, if you've got an itch for it try Inquisitor if you haven't.
its got good art and text, torturing/burning heretics and the staple of the genre garbage combat

6/10, could do better.

If you are lazy then steam. Or some douchebag on ebay who will charge you for "muh rare old gamez" like they do with nes classic. How come /baphomet/ didn't doxx those bunch of shit…

This. Inquisitor is better than Tranny in every regard. Even in combat, and Inquisitor's combat is shit!

It's shit. Great idea but even in diablo you didn't potion guzzle this hard. also not nearly enough actual heretic burning and such

Maybe because they are a tiny minority of the human population and in most societies know to keep it on the down low.

there's a bunch of open gay NPCs in Tyranny, the guy might be playing a female and getting hit on by females, we don't know. If he is bitching about no gay companions hitting on you, then he needs some zyklon b, but his other points are still accurate

This is pretty much accurate.

The writing is mostly good, but conflicts the lore constantly. For being "powerful" and renowned, it's hilarious to see how less than 10 enemies in the entire game turn and run instead of trying to fight you when you've essentially become a fucking demi-god.

The factions are interesting, and their development over the story was good.

Combat is fucking awful. The whole idea of making the game revolve around cooldowns was a terrible idea, and makes combat tremendously bad. So bad I'd rather there be an auto-win combat button to just ignore how much of a chore it is.

Also, the "bronze age" setting is fucking bad. People running around openly gay, conquering armies that barely do any raping/pillaging, and women having equal or greater standing than men in some societies without a good or plausible reason given by the lore.

The one thing that was really neat about the game was the reactivity to previous choices that he speaks on. That shit was nifty when it occurred, and it made you actually appreciate role playing a character just a tiny bit. (This was honestly the only reason I finished the game.)

That's a straight up lie though. Seriously, you're constantly given the option to 1: "teleport behind a faggot" [athletic] or subterfuge your way past some faggots. Or just 1: "throw your weight around", I mean hell that's one of the few things this game did good.

What I personally found annoying was how there's really no reason not to give everyone illusion cone, moonman grasp and heal one. Or just a bunch of magic really so they level faster.

And also how the heavy weapons and armor aren't really viable until seriously upgraded to reduce that recovery penalty. And by the time that's viable you're already kitted in good light armor.

Kay

Nothing he said was wrong or disproven by your statement

*tips fedora*

Do you honestly feel like you have an argument here?

He's just shitposting user

HOW THE FUCK DOES IT LOOK WORSE THAN THE OLD GAMES IT'S IMITATING.

because western art isn't striking and is pretty hideous these days

What 2004 game is this.

What is the staff?

Also as a mage there is no reason to use a staff as Shield+ throwing is superior.

It's Tranny, a game about equality and abrupt endings that is not as shit as want2fitIn audience make it out to be.

Holy shit leftists are so fucking bad at everything they do.
Literally "ITS THE CURRENT YEAR IN THE FUTURE".
Can't they come up with any believable worlds for future scenarios? Like, how in Ghost in the Shell mass immigration has completely ruined Japan and turned it into a slum island full of terrorism? Because that's realistic. That's good writing.

Was this also a result of Kikestarter?

I've been running dagger+shield but the recovery on this thing is crazy considering I'm wearing mostly bronze. And I'm depending on rapid fired bouncing spells so the dps is not really an issue.

Torment is a good name for this
but then
also no planescape

But user, making everyone of a different race and then ignoring it will make an I N T E R E S T I N G W O R L D

Are there actually gender non-conforming characters in the game or is this just a meme?

Yes. Nigger's made out of smoke and JUSTICEAnd I dare you to put Voices of Nerat into a binary gender role

Isn't Voices of Nerat basically just Soulcatcher from Black Company genderswapped and with a less competent army?

Or Fable's Jack of Blades or related or about fifty other fuckers

I don't remember Jack of Blades sucking out souls and speaking in their voices, I just remember him being a masked guy who was supernaturally good with swords.

I only ever played the original release version and I don't think he got much of any development as a character in that one.

Yeah, you kinda missed out on a 1/3rd of the total content

Unity.

That's more of the mask having its own "soul" and binding with others rather than sucking out other people's souls and speaking in their voices.

TLC is the way to go.

One of many works too especially being from a obsidian game and all

m8 using a collection of souls as tools for voice changes and having its own soul and sense of self are fundamentally different

Tools for party tricks voice changes he says.

Who knows where Jack ends and the mask begins, or how he does it? That faggot apparently pulls some lucious the eternal bullshit on a regular base.

Pretty much. It's what allowed Obsidian to go independent.

The real slap to the face is that they are basically given money from fans to make anything they want, basically a blank paper. This is everything Obsidian has been asking for.

What they do with this golden opportunity? They shit out a clone of IE games with none of the charm or fun of the originals, set in the most boring, cookie cutter fantasy world imaginable, charting a nonsensical story no one gives a fuck about and with gameplay so stale and mundane you'd think it was made such on purpose. It was.

By pretty much you mean how you're pretty much talking out of your ass in some edgier-then-thou failed comedy routine?

Game is mediocre at best but the sheer bullshit a few you faggots are pushing is mindboggling. I mean, for one how difficult is it to verify if this was a kikestarter or not and avoid looking like a complete ass in the process

Tyranny is a direct result of their kikestarter success you cocksucer. It wouldn't have been possible to make if they hadn't gotten the PoE funding. If you weren't an autistic mental cripple and could grasp context you'd get I was talking about PoE.

All they did was make sequels for other companies.

I get you want to look like a smart person, especially when you know you're not, but this is not the way to go about it.

My god, I knew 4chan and reddit leaked here but I honestly didn't expect to meet a cancer of big red caliber.

Spout some more crap, please. I mean your fapfic of reality is all that matters in the end.

Keep being a retard.

Not sure if some people really hate the game or want to fit in…

Graphics, graphics are good, it's not hand-drawn spires at high resolution but for a 3d isometric game it looks really good. It uses improved PoE that was nice already, except it was the only thing PoE was good for.
Bronze age, I didn't even know bronze age existed "can't even make bronze age right" spergs here. It's a world where magic is common, wizard are not supreme lords and instead of steel battalions you get bums with iron and bronze weapons mixed with mages.
Setting is actually good, you get lawful stubborn nazists and chaotic numerous convicts as 2 armies/tools of The Conqueror on a recently conquered territory with all the shit that follows. Kids spit on it but it is a fresh setting and you get to choose one army or go fuckyouall solo or help the rebellion pfft like some white knight. The equality shit is overboard for us, but it's part of setting coz "aint gonna explain shit" but it has bright sides aka you can equally hurt both men and women, so way more bitchslapping than in your average game. The thing that really sucked is abrupt ending halfway to the expectations. The rape bullshit is not seen but quite a few NPCs condemn you for joining Scarlet Chorus and you get a trial where another fatebringer is accused of killing a SC member to help a rape-in-process victim. It's not a "good" world with your average generic fantasy shit, conquerors write the history, rape conquered and make laws as they see fit.

Actually all of that makes me think if it's actually "forever victim, where's muh white knight" SJWs hate this game and come here to shit.

3/10 made me reply

*improved PoE engine

Wew lad, worst part is she is the best choice, same with Le Penn

Wait where is that thing from? It looks so familiar but I can't remember where I saw it. I think it may be Samurai Jack but idk.

Yes.

Is this runescape?

no, the worst part is you posting worst girl of the season
for shame

get a load of this pleb

samurai jack s2-ep10

yeah i bet you like naruto too, you faggot

I ain't gay