F2P RP

I've never tried serious roleplaying before.
What are some F2P MMOs with active RP communities?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Command
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't bother, all regular RP-fags are retards.

Yeah, but so am I.

Pick one.

it hurts, take me back to 2006
and delet mobas from existence

You only need friends and maybe some dice to play real roleplaying games. Why not try that instead?

/thread

Oh sweet summer child, the depths to which an (e)RP fag will sink are yet unknown to you.

I don't meet the requirements

I'd recommend a few good internet communities then, but I don't want random shitters ruining them.

You could at least get some dice.

Like forum-based RP or something?

Forum based RP communities are universally cancerous.

Then what are these internet communities you mention?

Do not pretend in video games. Go on /tg/ and find a group. There's stuff like roll20 to play tabletop RPGs over internet. There should be a Game Finder thread.

DON'T ROLEPLAY IN VIDEO GAMES.
VIDEO GAMES ARE SHIT FOR ROLE PLAYING.

The only way you'll ever get any enjoyment out or roleplay, is either doing this:
But it's not that fun because you're still using the internet and it's pretty limited.
Or the true solution, wich is finding a real life group and actually having real life sessions.
A huge part of role playing is acting, seeing the live reactions from other players, having them support and build your narrative, having each narrative interact with the other to eventually form a structured whole that naturally and organically pushes your adventure fowards, organized and guided by the DM.

The best way i can explain it, it's like fighting games.
You'll never get gud at fighting games by playing online, you need an actual local circle of players that like fighting games, you need your local FGC, or to start your own local FGC, if you're a complete sperg autist that everyone hates you're doomed and will never get gud.
There's people in the FGC that are sperg autists, and people that do RL tabletop sessions and roleplay that are also sperg autists, the difference is that they found some way to make it work and not push everyone they meet immediately away.
If you're a sperg, try to make your spergyness work to your advantage.
In the long run what you're looking for will require you to find a way to socialize, no matter what.

I'm not sure if tabletop or LARPing would be my thing. I'd try them if the opportunities arose, but probably only one time each.
I just feel the desire to RP in vidya right now, I want to get in a clan/guild in an MMO and be a loser with them

LARPing is a whole different thing.
Fuck LARPing, to be honest.
LARPing is one gigantic circlejerk entirely focused around a core group of people, and everyone else is an extra.
Imagine being in an RPG and you're just a generic NPC that springs to life when the main characters decide to grace your miserable, insignificant life and interact with you.
That's LARPing.
It's forum circlejerking and cocksucking to the extreme.

During a tabletop sessions everyone is involved instead, you're part of the group, and it's a constant back and forth between you, the rest of the group, and the DM, everyone is always active and constantly interacting.
Two very different experiences, i would never recommend LARPing ever.

As a roleplayfag, I'm telling you to not roleplay.
You will inevitably get bogged down by internal drama and every fag and their mary sue Goku/Cloud wannabe.

Also, what this user said
Especially these parts. In every roleplay, it's always centered around certain core group people who all write like Edgar Allan Poe rejects, and you'll always be pushed aside in favor of these people.

There are only two types of roleplayers in online games anyway. The high-concept pseudo-intellectual who will invariably act like a sneery holier-than-thou autist AT ALL TIMES or the eRPGing attentionwhore.

If that's the sort of people you want to get with…

That's the entire point why you want to do this shit RL.
RL, in a small group of people, if someone is doing something retarded someone else is gonna pull him to the side and simply go "this is retarded, here's why".
Or you can more or less read the mood of the room, you can immediately understand when something isn't working.
If conflicts are impossible to resolve the group can get a new player, or you can start a completely new adventure, see if shit works out better, and so on.

I have to bring up again fighting games, because it's so similiar in how it works.
When you're playing fighting games IRL with a group of people, you can ask how they're doing certain combos or how shit works, they'll show you if they're decent people, you can learn a lot first hand.
You'll play the best and you can LOOK at what they're doing, even just a small comment, a quick piece of advice, it will help you a million times more than hundreds of hours spent being an online warriors.
There's certain things that the internet just can't give you, they don't translate well online.

I guess this is the biggest reason why Holla Forums is alienated by these scenarios, because if you're playing with people IRL and act like a complete sperg faggot, people will flat out call you a complete sperg faggot.
And piss off the wrong person that is already having a bad day or has a short temper, you're gonna get smacked for being a sperg faggot.
Basically you can't hide behing anonymity.
And i guess a lot of people here just can't cope with that idea.

I think you should try /tg/, seriously.
I tried it (on board in my native language) and now have pretty stable bounds with some people.

Played through D20 SJW table, fuck you, natural PnP rpg guy.
You can find nice players online. It's just a struggle.

This is why computer RPGs are trash, the medium they're based off of, the P&P RPGs are less games and more interactive story telling sessions. The game features in RPG video games hold back the interactive story telling.

i assume OP is looking for the cancerous type of RP you get online, rather than just playing tabletop. (If not, play tabletop, you can do that online if you find a group.)
if you really want to find a dedicated chat RP community, just go look through MUDs until you locate one.

Then it's Space Station 13. We even have thread.
All trashy roleplay you want.

I do light rp with the Holla Forums ffxiv guild. It's more choose your adventure at the moment and I wing it as we go. Not really doing stats and stuff, just light shit.

You don't even need friends, just search "[your city] Rol" on kikebook or something and you'll get some free club to join.

You don't even need social skills to hang up with these people, they're there to pretend they're someone else, meaning they will not give a shit about how much you sperg out.

That's your fault fampai.

How about you try >>>/erp/
Recently it dropped from the top 25 boards, but there are still active threads.

Or you could go for Roll20 or something.

What are you smoking, it's Rogue Trader.

What are you hoping to roleplay as user?

Alright, can those of us who don't want to do pen and paper roleplay get an answer regarding OP's original question?

Space Station 13. RP in MMO never works properly. I know it because half of my players tried something like this. Fairly hilarious, but always turns into huge cancer.

Tera Online Roleplaying server. Just remember to be prepared to roleplayed up to your ass too.

just about.

Stop posturing like an embarrassing faggot.

The only time you should ever RP in an MMO is if you want to ERP with someone who sucks at writing as much I assume you do OP. The most you can hope for in an MMO is "would posting" and that's just complete shit.

Why are there no good roleplay sites for me to play my gasmask wearing exorcist character who exists to reap salt from furries?

Originally he had a serious background as this guy who survived an apocalypse and was accidentally granted immortality but over time as more furries hit on him on various sites he became sillier and sillier. To date I've been banned from three sites for roleplaying as him.

Cause it's only fun to interact with "oh so randumb" character when you read copypaste about their hijinx.

Because nobody likes fishmalks, user.
It's fun for the fishmalk, it gets real old, real quick for everyone else.

This so much. Also fags who wants to RP as something that doesn't fit the setting drives me up the fucking wall.

FUCK YOU user SOLIDUS SNAKUS DOES NOT EXIST IN A LOW FANTASY ROMAN SETTING YOU COCKMUNCHING NIGGER!

What I meant is that every time I try to play him seriously I become so disappointed in what the site has to offer he ends up devolving into a horrid ridiculous piece of shit who goes around purging people.

Plz explain plz

Neverwinter. I get auto-banned from chat for 24hrs everytime I say "nigger" or "faggot" on /zone chat because it hurts the RP-fags fee-fees

At the moment I'm thinking some kind of military RP, whether it be modern army, futuristic army, or medieval infantry.
It can be any kind of style and setting, just as long as I can roleplay as a soldier of some kind.
I wouldn't want to roleplay in something like Arma 3 or Gmod though, I want an MMO.

Space Station 13

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Command

Find this, few mad people, and make copypasta before inevitable suicide.

MMOs are for grinding, not role-playing

I've found amazing online groups and am having a great time in one right now. I definitely prefer a great online group over a great in-person one even.

just wait on chronicles of elyria

you sound like the exact kind of person who gets kicked out of every p&p group i've ever been in. i'm not even trying to hurt your feelings, i'm trying to help you here: your character sucks, your motives suck, your development sucks. if you genuinely, seriously try to play this kind of character i want to make sure you are 100% aware you are the kind of RPer that everyone laughs at