Wanna play through System Shock 2. Should I bother buying and playing System Shock 1 first?

Wanna play through System Shock 2. Should I bother buying and playing System Shock 1 first?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TerriBrosius1/following
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not really.

pirate enhanced edition for ss1, it's a pretty good game. better than system shock 2. neither game is better than a 7/10.

Don't bother buying it, the dev team is long gone.

This user gets it

Not entirely true. A few oldies are working on SS3/SS1 remake thing.
So if the money goes to Nightdive then you are helping a few of the original guys.

Otherside Studios is working on SS3, not Nightdive. I don't think anyone from Looking Glass is working at Nightdive.

Check out the twitter of the chick who voiced shodan, very anti 2nd amn, just like shodan.

Get the gog versions. I like the first game better, get enhanced.
Then play second game.

what do those pictures have to do with the chick who voiced shodan?

twitter.com/TerriBrosius1/following
wu & femfreq are notable red flags I saw while scrolling thru. A lot of vocal ex-LGS devs are pozzed to hell.

This is an SJW tier political witch hunt.

not really hunting, just expressing disappointment and disinterest.

Be careful user, Holla Forums might call you an SJW for having wrongthink like that.

Well if its okay with you then, I loved Undertale and think it really was GOTY.

Who cares as long as they can make a good game and keep their shitty views out of it.

This. If an enemy flanks then we must NEVER flank because then we would be just like them. If they shoot guns then we should NEVER shoot guns because then we would be just like them. My god, it's almost like we would be……two sides…….OF TEH SAEM COIN!

but user! if the devs dont have the same political views they dont deserve your shekels or play the game!

I'm ok with that.

not very likely to happen

I play the original more than the sequel, but it's up to you.
Make sure you use the mouselook mod, I'm someone that tolerated the original vanilla controls but adding that simple fix improves the gameplay immensely.
I guess the source code was released?
So maybe we'll see an even better tweaked version.

the tweaked version has existed for a year.

I am currently playing the first one and I'm having fun

Super glitchy though.

Play System Shock 2 first.
It's much, much more accessible than System Shock 1, and a lot of your knowledge from similar games will be able to translate to System Shock 2.

System Shock 1 is old, and plays in a manner that no modern game can quite compare to. It's difficult to learn and adjust to the control scheme.
System Shock 1, however, is the better game of the two. If you enjoy System Shock 2, it is absolutely necessary that you get over the initial hurdle of learning the controls and interface of System Shock 1 so you can enjoy it.

What would you say makes the first game better than the 2nd?

I'm not him but SS1 is less of a shooter and more of a space station simulator. That's what I like about it. I don't like the interface it has and would have definitely benefited looking more like quake.

SS2 is better in the fact you can actually breeze through the game without having to fiddle with the UI after every kill and in every room. The problem SS2 has is it tries to be a lot more like a shooter that became oh so popular in the late 90s. On an unrelated note, I think my post is going to come out with reddit spacing.

You should play 2 first in that it'll get you wanting more of the SS action then you could go back and struggle with the first game because you're craving that type of gameplay.

That always sounded autistic to me.

Is something wrong with greentext?

Test

Honestly, just about everything. From the art direction, the sound direction, the 'story' and characters (SHODAN in particular), and the depth of gameplay and puzzle elements. It was a masterwork of a game that was so advanced it's considered nigh-unplayable by modern standards.

Which word has Mark filtered?

What's going on?

reddit spacing in quotes is filtered

Yes you should. It's a far superior game. System Shock 2 may actually be let down after you play the first game.