NIHON FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Xanadu, Brandish, etc) thread

NIHON FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Xanadu, Brandish, etc) thread

Don't forget to support their games and spoiler the spoilers!

- Falcom's Trails of Cold Steel I & II have sold over 900000 copies in total, and they're planning to release Cold Steel III by September 2017

- PS4 ver Ys VIII also planned for release by September 2017, and Falcom want to expand to many platforms, smartphone apps & collabs worldwide

- Falcom looking for the first time into expanding their business outside Japan into North America, Europe, etc. for once

- Get hyped for announcements and more information: the annual shareholders meeting is happening next month

- Xanadu Next just got released for PC, go grab it at Steam / GOG / Humble Store

- XSEED preparing 7 games for PC steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/

- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind (end of the 9th paragraph)

- Trails of Cold Steel II released for North America and Europe

- TitS the 3rd for Spring 2017 (PC only)

- Akatsuki no Kiseki (F2P browser game) on open beta, happens around the first half of Trails to Azure, register and play at akatuki.ujj.co.jp/ (instructions: esterior.net/2016/08/akatsuki-no-kisekis-closed-beta-opens-on-825-and-how-to-sign-up/ )

- We need a new guide for the Ys game, any volunteer?

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Don't forget to support their games!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VJz3Yj2-a-0?t=156
twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/802063841500594176
facebook.com/Gurumin3D/posts/1299262403458658
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/133221080530/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel
twitter.com/endlesshistory/status/805766132560961536
redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331833002613/best-mobile-game-2016-poll
kamikouryaku.com/ys8/
gamekouryakuspace.net/ys8/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love the Falcom discord channel.

Next you'll defend Reddit

So is the reddit spacing ironic, or…?

We need more Duvalie.

I want to stick my Ouroboros up her vagoo.

I love her english voice. I hope she appears in CS3

Her English VA is perfect, which makes Burch's trash tier acting even more unbearable.

Anyway, why Cold Steel III? I've had quite enough of Rean, the shittiest protagonist of the series.

Fie & Sara Bracer Adventures when?

Because there's a whole half a Erebonia we haven't seen yet and the story isn't done. They had the Erebonian story written years ago.

I'd love to see a game - or even a Drama CD - explaining what happened with the other Field Studies in Cold Steel 1, tbh.

does anyone have the quote from the japanese guy who makes ys saying something along the lines of:
"when making a game, we first model the character's walking. we go over it again and again until it feels good and is fun just to walk around. we build the rest of the game from there"

i saw that in a Holla Forums thread back in halfch days and its a very good design philosophy. would appreciate if anyone at least knew the guy's name. thanks.

Fuck CS, get a REAL Falcom game

Hummel is a gift.

That's Kondo-sama for you

Make a fucking Nayuta no Kiseki follow up already.

That's Tokyo Xanadu

Pretty sure that's not nearly as platformery. NnK had some great semi-metroidvania shit.

Western Erebonia needs to show up.
CS3 could also deal with the liberation of Crossbell

Plus there are things unanswered like Rean's origin/mixed nature

CS2 pretty much ends by laying out more plot threads as it ties a few up. Even the end credits says that Erebonia's story is going to continue.

I get it, but it still means more Rean.

Woe is me.

What's wrong with Rean to you?

I'm okay with it. I'd like to see how he changes (if any) since it takes place a few years later. Even at the end of CS2, Neithardt remarks that some of the light is gone from his eyes.

I think he's going to be a bit more jaded and less optimistic, but will probably retain some snark or sarcastic nature. Might be he's considered an Ironblood with the Ashen Chevalier title by the time CS3 rolls around, and will have probably seen/done some shit

I also really want to see older Laura, Fie and Emma. And Alfin. Also more Sara and Claire is always a good thing.

sama? great to hear that guy is getting respect.
originally, i saw that quote and sort of wrote it off. but playing more games, new and old, and feeling what works and what didn't - his words are completely true.

pick up super mario 64 for example, and just fuck around in front of the castle - don't even go in. you can have so much fun doing just purely doing flips and jumps. it really sets an excellent base for the rest of the game.

so many other games go on to create the whole game without even nailing these basics first.

thank you for re-uniting me with this quote, user.

Nothing's "wrong" with him. He just comes off as incredibly generic when compared to other protagonists, like Estelle.

If is right and he does change, it opens the worry that they'll do a complete 180 with him and he'll become an insufferable bitch. Personally I disliked the characters as a whole because they might as well be the same person at the end, but setting it a few years later might alleviate that. I've already invested into the last two games so getting 3 is a no-brainer at this point. Has there been word on the platforms it'll be released on?

NO BECKY, NO BUY.

I remember hearing that Lloyd is the most generic protagonist and Rean is actually more interesting than him, but I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see.

Buy Xanadu Next

Legend of Heroes IV SC-88 MIDI tracks are up on FMC now. All that's left is recording MIDI data from Legend of Heroes V; we'll end up with GM2/SC-88 Legend of Heroes III recordings as well (I pieced the GM2 stuff together for Josep). Lot of fun music to listen to here, and I think President Kondo would appreciate us getting all the old MIDI stuff up on streaming.

Both games are by the team responsible for Zwei (II) and Gurumin, so there's a basic connection.

Lloyd is Rean without the baggage. He's just a happy, go-lucky detective with a big harem. His "big personal trauma" is a dead brother and a bit of unsolved mystery around that, and I think that gets resolved in Zero. He's mostly just an everyman for the weird shit going on around him.

Right now they've said PS4 is a definite, but they're unsure of a Vita release for Coldsteel 3.

I'd be surprised if they forgo the vita, considering CS was more successful on that platform.

I can imagine CSIII selling a few Quad consoles if that turns out to be the case, but not too much. Maybe the Persona 5 adopters will help out in that.

I heard Lloyd also makes every woman he meets fall in love with him, even more than Rean.

I bought a PS4 in preparation for CS3 and Ys VIII

No regrets

They have about equal harem powers.

I wish I had a mech, spaceship and princess. My birthday is coming up.

DUAL AUDIO?!

The Vita is pretty old by now though and the hardware is shit.

Maybe CS3 on Switch? Who knows. Home consoles seem to be doing pretty bad in Japan so CS3 wouldn't work as a PS4 exclusive.

>FFXII Zodiac Age, and maybe FFXV if I have the money for it. Don't like the combat all that much but exploring the world is fun.
I'll also be getting Persona 5 for it instead of the PS3.

No regrets.

Now this is retardation
Do you also preorder?

Only Falcom games.

If you're into Japanese games a PlayStation is never a bad choice. I mean come on it will get JRPGs and VNs for the next 10 years all for the price of €$349. And that's all I want from gaming.

What are you, muslim?

Guess every State in the US is California and Jew York now.

I don't regret buying a PS4. I got mine for $300 with a free game and a decent headset a few years back, it's been worth it.

Every state in the US is Trumptopia now. Ave Imperator!

I don't game on a small screen. Ever.
As for PC: lots of Japanese games don't get Steam release and I don't want to waste money for a gaming PC. I do have a decent laptop for anime and such.

user you have no idea how dead religion is in this country.

Worst girl is all grown up.

SHE'S EVEN WORSE.

It's worst girl but this still makes me so excited. We can see the characters grown up/changed. I can't fucking wait to see what Laura, Sara, Emma and Fie look like. And Alfin.

She looks like someones mom

more pics?

Does this mean Burch's character is dead? She was truly worst girl. Even without the shit VA it was an awful fucking character. Holy shit I can't even remember her name and I played through CS 2 twice.

That's what most girls grow up to be, user.

I know hype is a dangerous, dangerous feeling, but holy shit guys, CS III is going to be insane.

I FUCKING KNEW IT

What would the plot be like? liberation of Crossbell?

The rest of Erebonia mixed with the liberation towards the end to set up for the next few games, I'd bet

Anybody got any impressions of Akatsuki thus far?

She's fun.

Bruch voiced one of the characters? Which one? In both games I turned the voice acting off before I even started the game. Guessing it was either Fie or Millium?

Millium. Fie has the voice of an angel.

and a princess

I'm glad I turned the VA off then. I could barely stand Milium with it off.

Really? I was sure they'd give her a voice like that goth girl from Teen Titans.

The snuggliest.

youtu.be/VJz3Yj2-a-0?t=156

I'm happy for you both, user.

But seriously, anybody given Akatsuki no Kiseki a go?

Ys VIII English version when…?

I have to imagine not until at least the Quad version is released. XSEED would probably want to release a version that would have more profitable ends in the west.

But the Vita moves more XSEED games than the fucking gameless parallelogram

Persona 5 was a huge seller in Japan, primarily on the PS4. It's very likely most of CS3's core market in Japan has one now.

Well, then I guess I won't buy it. No Vita or PC version, no sale. Fuck it. I refuse to buy a system that mandates me to pay a fucking fee to access an internet I already pay to access.

You can access the internet and the store through it.

You're mostly just paying for multiplayer

I'm good with it since I don't play multiplayer games, ever

It's the principle of it.

bump

But as a Persona fan, aren't all your games single player anyway?

Kloe looks better with the wig on. :^)

The fact that I don't have to deal with the suffering of waiting over a year for the English release to even get announced was worth it to import Ys VIII.

It helps that it's GOTY, too.

Just bought YS Origins
What am I in for?

A game

Woah

Man, playing the Tokyo Xanadu PS4 demo just makes me wanna play Ys VIII

Why does he lie? To make himself seem more impressive? Does he just not understand Arts?

He's secretly the first Anguis of Ouroboros and is just so good at using a spear and arts he casts them instantly or something.

Did they name them "Arts and Crafts" on purpose?

If they had started with a school setting like in Cold Steel, I would have thought so.

KLOE IS NOT FOR SEXUAL

It's actually strange, I've never been able to get into lewds for this series. I don't know why.

All of the characters are just too pure for lewds. Except for a few

I feel like I like the world and it's story-telling enough to forget about fugging the characters.

I could fap to some lewds (like for Kloe, Scarlet)

Funnily enough, that's call I could think about.

twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/802063841500594176

I want one and I don't even have a new 3DS

How's the quality of amiibos anyway? Never bought one.

It definitely varies between amiibo to amiibo

I have.
It is great fun. But the main characters are horrible (but you can gacha other people).
The ship system is amazing

I hope we see more CS3 designs soon.

She needs to stop putting yoghurt in her vagina.

CS in game models are same faced, just take Alisa's features, insert hair color of your waifu and bam. One thing of note, makes and females are drawn with certain facial characteristics. Rean and Elliot are drawn more like females.

I just want to see their new clothes, if they've grown, hairstyles, the overall differences in design etc. I love it when characters change over time.

Just finished Sky FC. Why must I feel so many emotions at the end of these things?

Wait til SC.

Hell, wait til Cold Steel 1 and 2

I actually really liked Joshua and Estelle's relationship a lot.

I really hope they show up in CS3

So you buy the sequel.

I'd be shocked if they didn't, since CS III is being said to be a milestone for the series so far. I'd compare it to an Avengers movie from the MCU. Plus by then, everyone should be old and trained enough to actually defeat their enemies.

This, the only people who's appearance are in question should be people like Nayuta or Nacht and Chloe.

facebook.com/Gurumin3D/posts/1299262403458658

It's an absolutely amazing custom-made #Gurumin3D Parin Amiibo by @MissGandaKris packaging by @SethHay!

Has anyone else read the localization blogs XSeed has made for the games? Just finished the first one, and it's an interesting look at their thought process as localizers. It shows that they do care about and respect their source material.

xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/133221080530/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

Yeah, yeah,

FUCK OFF

I GOT ALL EXCITED BUT IT WASN'T EVEN REAL

MASTIFF YOU ASSHOLES

They're actually pretty good. Shows a fair bit of transparency and it's why XSeed is one of my favourite localizers. They're not perfect, and their political ideologies don't align with my own but they seem to stick to being as true as possible to the source material and do faithful localizations

New Brandish or new Brandish remake when
I don't even care if they do something like what they did for Xanadu and end up with Osaka Brandish or something

Would an big Ys fan like me be able to easily to into Trails or are they just really different?

They play quite differently. Trails is a turn-based RPG, with all the baggage that comes with that.

Trails is a turn based JRPG with a focus on plot/characters/politics with inklings of ancient power and technology.

It prides itself on NPC- and world-building, so the first games of each Trails sub series usually are a bit slow, establishing the characters and world while building up the plot before shit hits the fan.

Mechanically it's focused on customization of your abilities/arts and stats through the quartz system.

It's a far cry from Ys, which is a straight up action RPG game than doesn't focus too much on characters and politics.

Here's an interesting detail someone caught in that released CSIII image.

[HYPE INTENSIFIES]

I'm playing Trails in the Sky for the first time after some user's advice.
Never expected the game to be this fun and I''ve barely finished the prologue (which is one of the bests ever played).

Estelle is too pure

Weren't there rumors they are going to slowly remake all of the Brandish games?

It's the reason why Xseed is doing it. Nobody else was going to take on these massive games that don't sell particularly well.

But as much as I respect Xseed my dream is that one day Falcom can do the localisation and publishing themselves.

You're aware a PSN sub is optional not mandatory? I only play single player (Japanese) games so I have no need for PSN. Patches are free and you can access the Store. What else do you need?

The PS4 is going to be the weebstation for the next 5-10 years just like the PS3 was. Vita is kill soon. If you must have a handheld the Switch is your final hope.

Ching chong chang.

The second Trails in the Sky has one of my favourite final areas, I hope you make it that far, I personally thought it was great.

Kind of sad, really. The Vita is a good console.
I'm sceptical concerning the Switch's ability to constitute a monopoly in the handheld market, however. The question is whether the niche market the Vita currently satisfies is worth developing a new device for.

Probably not, mobile will continue to grow so there's that.

Nintendo has issues with censorship and localisation so I don't expect much from them. Sony doesn't want to do a new handheld (the market is declining outside Japan).

So, you'd reckon Falcom and Experience both move on to the PS4?

What else is there? PC? Xbox?

I'd really like to lovingly fuck Estelle while Joshua watches

reddit spacing

I want Alfin to lovingly fuck Estelle and Elise in a threesome while Joshua and Rean watch.

user, that's really lewd and I like it.

What I mean is, I think they'll try to get as much out of the hardware as possible. The Vita's story looks to me like a controlled burn; they'll probably let it slowly fade out during the next few years with no successor.
Also, since most new titles that are developed for both PS3 and Vita have negligible differences between those two (and the Vita TV actually provides a smoother experience than the PS3), I assume that the Vita (TV) will still be around for some time, in regards to your remark about it being kill soon.

You'd use her staff, right?

Really? In my country we call it alinea or paragraphs. You wouldn't be Burger? I read an interesting article about niggers graduating from highschool who are functionally illiterate.

Now it's been years since I was on reddit but I do recall folks were more eloquent. But perhaps that's just nostalgia.

Holla Forums is literally bottom-tier.
pfffff

Of course I would.

Two sentences or one sentence doesn't make a paragraph, but let's not devolve into another discussion about how people write their posts. We have enough of that on the board as it is.

Good man.

It's been awhile since I was in school, but I remember paragraphs being defined as two or more sentences, so two sentences are technically a paragraph.

Stop that shit, estelle should only do lewd things with Joshua!

What is better, trails of cold steel, ps3 or vita?

Both have frame drops. Vita has more than PS3.

Vita comes with portability, however.

There isn't really much difference between versions.

I was always taught it was 4 or more. It must vary depending on where someone's been taught.

She should be doing lewd stuff with Kloe

Vita version it is

He said it was optional if you want to play single player games, specifically as a weebstation. What multiplayer games do you want to play on a Playstation that you couldn't play on a PC?

Nearly December and still nothing.Seems as if that Zero fan translation is dead.

Ah well, at least we get 3rd soon.

No idea what's going on with that translation team Did they all die? Is it hard to say "we're still/not working on it"?

Yes, because the fan translation community is childish egoists.

Forget about the Decembre release. That will not happen. Unless things change expect a release in late February/March 2017 at the earliest.

So never. Got it.

I actually find that preferable. I hear Zero is best played after The 3rd anyways so works out just fine.

A release is still the intention. There is though lots of work that must be done. Around 2800 text errors need to be fixed.

Along with that, the project lead zerog has ditched or is basically dead, so the team is lacking an adequate editor to improve on the script. If he doesn't return or no replacement is found, it will be out in it's current state with slight improvements and fixes applied sometime next year, translator is keen to move on.

So yeah it's dead.

This is an unusual question for me, but does anyone have a link to the OSTs of the Trails in the Sky games? Oddly enough I'm having little luck with Google, and Blackcats is gone, so no getting it there. All Gazelle has is the Evo version of The 3rd's soundtrack.

That's what the pastebin in the OP is for.

Damn it. I'm sorry, I did a quick scan when I entered the thread but I overlooked it.

Leak it. :^)

Just let them finish it first. Even for a fan-translation doubt most people are expecting anything much quality-wise. At least wait so they can polish it up a bit, and then have a release without bugs or glitches.

Didn't you miss the part where he said they don't have the actual team to do that?

Don't see anything mentioned about having no team?
There only seems to be one person missing which is a likely reason for the delay in the first place.

Are you illiterate?

They don't have a programmer. They're going to leave it as is, or, more likely, not release at all.

Oh, I wasn't aware an editor = programmer.
Please, do forgive me.

Then again the original comment itself is vague, I can understand why it was interpreted that way, though i saw it as more of a missing QC.

So why does everyone have a boner for Falcom? Looks like some boring old Japanese dev that uses a PS2 devkit to make their games.

PS2 had pretty good graphics.

That's what it means in this context, yes.

They actually make games that are fun to play. I know it's unpopular in this market but someone has to try it.

Okay but what's the deal? What's the appeal of all Falcom games? Every single one of them looks like a generic JRPG that I swear I can't imagine devoting my time to. Give me a hardsell or something.

I hope with CS III they have a collector's edition with Blade cards.

I can't speak for all Falcom games but for Trails it's the writing and world building. It's combat system is pretty neat for a turn based RPG as well, with the way need to arrange orbments in certain lines, and determining what arrangements work best for each character. For a game seriesof its graphical quality, it can also be surprisingly animated at times.

I'd love to have a BLADE 3 deck. I'm actually looking forward to the inevitable changes they'll make with such a simple card game.

They make good jrpgs. Their main rpgs are turn based (Trails series) and action (Ys series). They also made games like Xanadu Next which is a dungeon crawler action RPG in a similar vein to Diablo.

Trails series, while having a turn based battle system with an incredibly customizeable magic system, places heavy focus on world- and character-building. The story of the games spans over years, in a fictional continent called Zemuria. Each sub series of Trails takes place in a different country of Zemuria (Trails in the Sky takes place in Liberl, Trails of Cold Steel takes place 2 years later in the Empire of Erebonia, Zero/Ao no Kiseki takes place parallel to Cold Steel, in the neighbouring state of Crossbell). Characters have arcs and grow throughout the games they return in. Every named NPC usually has their own story that plays out throughout the course of the game(s).

The Ys series is actually really old but still ongoing. It's an action RPG that focuses less on characters, story and world (but it's there) and more on action combat; quick, responsive and fluid.

Generally Falcom is a small(ish) developer, and they reuse a lot of assets in an attempt to save money. They mainly stuck with sprites instead of character models for a long time. Their first fully 3D release for an HD console was Trails of Cold Steel back in 2013. They actually put effort into their games, even little things, like an animation you'll either rarely see, or never see again, just because it'll have some kind impact in the context of the scene.

Also their music is fucking amazing.

Huh, I thought Celceta was first.

Is Vita considered HD? I don't know, I assumed it wasn't.

I think their earliest fully 3D game was Gurumin (2004)? For the PSP.

And then later on they did Ys 7 (PSP, 2009) and Ys Celceta (Vita, 2012)

Damn, nice hard sell.

I actually can't believe how simple yet fun it is. If I knew how to code, I'd make an online version.

Vita is q-HD. 960x540

*544 :^)

still my favorite, but those are good

Okay so what if I said I wanna get into Cold Steel the Hedgeheg without knowing a damn thing about LoH lore?

You only need to know about the Kiseki games. Trails in the Sky and Trails in Zero/Azure.

You can jump right into Cold Steel. The story is not incomprehensible without playing those games. However, you will get more out of it if you play the earlier games. Remember, all these stories happen pretty close to each other and only a few years apart, so there's a lot of character and political intrigue overlap.

There are things in Cold Steel that you wouldn't think that much about that if you had played the earlier games you'd go "ooooooh."

This, I'm just finishing Sky SC after playing Coldsteel and having a ton of those ooooh moments.

Could be worse I suppose (the Vita being region free is certainly helpful), but the fact that NISA published it in PAL regions (does Marvelous Europe not have the same contract with Falcom XSEED does?) makes me a tad worried. Did they simply publish and distribute it out there (IE: reuse XSEED's existing English script), or did they opt to do their own translations/insertions (and inevitably find some way to fuck with it as they seem to love doing)?

Tried asking this here yesterday but posting was down at the time, and I got no response in the current Vita thread.

Can't, even if I wanted to.

Interpret how you want. I'm only summing up what he said. Small correction there, is still programmer, working on eboot fixes right now.

I started with the Cold Steel games, then went back to the Sky games. It's still a very enjoyable experience, though like other user's said, you do get more out of playing in order. Some of the mysteries, strange events, and references in Cold Steel make sense if you've played the previous games.

Zero and Ao when XSeed?

Wait, seriously? Why is there such a huge gap between releases, Jesus.

Cold Steel was made for first timers. There are references to the other games, but they're more or less encouraging you to go back and play Sky and Zero/Ao (though these haven't been localized yet).

You do get more out of it if you play those games eventually, whether before or after, but since the games are connected, it doesn't really matter which order you complete the sub-series. Each sub-series' magic customization is also different, with Sky being more complex, and Cold Steel being a little easier.

Ys ORIGIN CONFIRMED FOR PS4/VITA

I'll probably get it either way but I hope they add bonus content or something.

Fucking awesome. Ys Origin is my favorite Falcom game that isn't Nayuta no Kiseki.

I really was surprised to see that one come up, but the game deserves it.

I was surprised as hell to see a Ys game actually take the stage. Woulda been nice if it was 8, but what can ya do when XSEED is knee deep in localizations as it is.

I'm just wondering if their gonna reuse xseed's script or what

Ys VIII: coming Summer 2035

would love it if the other Ys games got ported over too

I'm still waiting for a decent dump of Ys 8 . Why hasn't there been a proper dump yet?

It's already on PC, why should it matter?

I really wanted a portable version for awhile personally, plus it apparently has new features. Dot Emu just has a bad habit of being really lazy with their PC ports sometimes, so I don't know how their console/handheld stuff will turn out.

Are you sure? I was just playing the first few minutes of a maiDump and it was fine.

The only link I can find is from a Chinese site I can't read and wants me to create an account. Where did you find yours?

pspISO. There are a few dumps.

On a related note, any walkthroughs? It shouldn't be at difficult to plow through because it has the quest maker like Celceta, but it's always good to have a back up. Also there's apparently a secret ending.

Time to start learning Jap then.

Is Tokyo Xanadu more like Trails or Ys?

I'm about halfway through Cold Steel. I like the game, but I also find it to be long winded. Does anyone else think they could "trim the fat" on the presentation? Maybe I'm just getting burned out on JRPGs, but there are huge chunks of the game that feel like filler episodes in anime. You legitimately watch these fuckers go on lunch break. Every day.

It's slow at first, the first game of each trails sub series is. But when the pick up happens, the happening train doesn't stop until the end of the sequel.

I hope so. I'm on day one of the field study in chapter 4. Every chapter so far feels like a pile of fetch quests until something interesting happens on the last day of the field study, and then whatever was going on fizzles out. I have sort of a love/hate relationship with this game so far. The combat, customization, and world are interesting enough to keep me coming back, but the bland side quests and super long bouts of dialogue about literally nothing wear me out and I have to put it down. Everyone sings the praises of this, and I see some of the charm, but man this game is SLOW.

I hate fillers on JRPGs, a lot of them are just "spent time until things happen and you see the ending", but the good thing with Trails is that they have good characters and an amazing worldbuilding, so it doesn't feel like fillers to me.

Getting to know the characters and world is part of the Trails experience.

Now everyone agrees or find that interesting, but that's a matter of taste.

Well, you've already gotten through the biggest slog of the game, Nord, and the game has seven chapters if that makes you feel better. Trails like to take time laying a heavy foundation before shit really goes down. Those side quests are used to show you the environment and tension before the shit hits the fan. It's not for everyone, and it certainly does feel like a drag, but it grows on you as you progress.

A mixture of both. It's structured like Cold Steel (calendar, going to school, spending time with classmates, etc) but in dungeons it's an action RPG. It's not as fast as Ys, though. It's a bit slower, but the bosses especially can be tough.

All trails have a LOT of dialogue, mostly because there are a lot of characters, characterization and worldbuilding. Most of the first game in each sub series spends time introducing characters, the world, and the beginning of the plotlines building them up for the late game/second game.

You're in Chapter 4? That's when shit starts to ramp up at the end.

Personally, I think if an rpg shows your characters sitting down to eat and talking about their day and other things several times, that's the mark of a good RPG. Grandia did this. I'm fine when a story takes its time. Trails is a slow burn and is all the better for it.

I loved this about the games. They had the balls to just hold it back and let you learn about your party members. Allowing them to have a dedicated arc that ends up changing them as a character Except Alisa, bitch didn't do shit except remember that one time she ran into Rean in Ymir and say "FUCK YOU MOM, I'LL BE BETTER THAN YOU" all the time

That Ymir bit was so contrived. I don't hate Alisa but she pales in comparison to all the other romantic interests

She pales as romance interest because every other option has a better connection to Rean. The writers noticed this and contrived a meeting as kids, cause you know how much those Japs love their fucking childhood romances. She pales as a character because all she has is her mother being a workaholic, but honestly if I remember correctly, she distant and busy, but keeps on top of Alisa's activities. That's attentive. I'll have to play that part of the game again, but I got the feeling her mother loved her, so it makes her conflict have less weight. That and I don't like her voice, English or Jap.

But Japs love their twin tailed tsunderes, so she's somehow a top girl.

The shareholder's meeting will be on the 20th at 1:30. twitter.com/endlesshistory/status/805766132560961536

Also of note, their three goals for 2017 in their EOY report are Ys VIII PS4, CSIII, and more proactivity in releasing titles internationally.

She'll be in the third game despite her Japanese VA passing away r-right?

Will any of the info shared there be released outside? Will they announce that they'll release Zero and Ao westward while XSEED works to make CS III a worldwide release?

They could have her be completely unvoiced.

I think they get get around the usual stigma since the characters are only partially voiced.

Thread save. Anyone else have theories about characters that turned out to be wrong? I thought Emma was evil and that Fie was an android, for starters.

I don't really get the point of this. As someone else said it's already on PC even.

she'll never ever get married in game or irl

I thought that since Crow had red eyes and white hair, that he was in permanent ogre form and just holding his strength back. Because when Rean changes, he gains red eyes and his hair turns white. I thought Crow, Rean's ogre power and the knights were linked, so that Rean would eventually have permanent red eyes and white hair when he gained Valimar's full power

I thought Rean's power was tried to the whole Awakener thing and thought all Awakeners would have it, but it's something else entirely.

Glad to see in not the only one who thought they were connected, but I went even further and it tied in with my idea about Emma.

A lot of it comes from the intro. When I saw Loa Erebonius after Rean's ogre reveal, I though my it was a manifestation of the darkness in Rean's heart. In the subsequent zoom in with Rean, I thought Valimar was still Loa Erebonius and that the scene was symbolic of Loa residing in Rean and being close to the surface, or getting ready for possession of some kind.

Where Emma ties into this is her romance fortune from the festival, which was "The one you've been waiting for has nearly arrived. Understand the role you must play, and see it through to the end." Her reaction is "… How could…?" I thought it meant either Loa was getting ready to overtake Rean, and that she was going to aid it from the outside, or that she would summon Loa and fight with it against the rest of Class VII. She was just so suspicious, and I thought Celine put Elise in danger to trigger an ogre power reaction. I was WAY off.

Not really something that has been covered to my knowledge but I think Cassius is the true Grandmaster, like, the Grandmaster isn't actually the Grandmaster the rest of Ouroboros think. but then again, that's just too obvious of a twist.

The Grandmaster was confirmed to be a woman. Also, if Cassius is the Grandmaster, then what the hell is he doing?

Hence the "true" grandmaster bit. He's putting his Enforcers and Anguis as well as humanity to the test. I understand it's real dumb, but his timing for everything is too perfect. I guess it really could just be a case of Gary Stu.

To be fair, everyone's timing in Trails is too damn perfect. We have so many last minute saves it's almost uncanny. almost like its all part of his plan.

Missed opportunity: Having the rescuers tear up the Pantagruel from the inside out to find Rean.

Honestly, I loved how that scene played out. I think the rescuers saving Rean wouldn't have made it as fun.

The Grandmaster is either Aidos or Estelle's mom.

That's the most likely outcome, yeah.

Then would that mean that Estelle's mom from Luciola's illusion wasn't just Estelle's vision of her mom, but actually her mom helping her break the illusion, which would explain how she was apparently the only one to wake up on her own?

That makes sense, plus Estelle being a demi-god might explain why she seems to have near super natural hope powers.

Also, Cassius seems like he could attract a goddess.

I originally thought Angelica wouldn't ruin every part of the story she appears in.

God I want that cunt shot in the face so much.

I like Angelica

I also don't mind her.

Agreed, she's harmless comedy and fanservice fuel. I think they're just upset that she touches their waifus when they can't.

She can have Alisa. I don't want her. And while I think Towa is cute, she doesn't top any of my lists either. So she can have her too.

She's an awful, one note character who sexualizes the otherwise wholesome world they've established. All she does is yell about how she's a fucking dike.

redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331833002613/best-mobile-game-2016-poll
remember to vote for ToCS II

Again, I wouldn't put her on any top ten lists, but she definitely isn't one note. Hell, there's very few trails characters that you can call one-note.

What the fuck are you talking about. Have you even played these games? Clearly you've not even seen Olivert, Alfin, Dorothee, or Sara, just for starters.

Like the other user said, she's most certainly by one note. The closest to one note characterization I can think of is George.

She may not be one note, but she's very close. Even the other lesbians in the games are more fleshed out than her, or at least hey seem to be. Part of that might be because she has much more prominence in the story than they do, so you have her shoved in your face a lot more.

Angelica almost seems like some teenage girl's OC who was somehow put in the games. She just seems so out of place in the world. Characters like Olivert and Alfin fit with the writing style of Trails more. Angelica doesn't mesh well with the other characters. The conversations with her feel much more stilted and shallow than usual. In a lesser game, this wouldn't be as much of a problem, but since one of the LoH series' main draws is good chemistry between the characters, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

They are charming and are all well rounded, except Dorothee, who is an extremely minor character. Angelica is just rugmunching constantly.

It feels like Angelica's subplots are shit that would have AlisaRean's before they got split in two.

Yes, she's just going on and on about being a lesbo. She's not being the one to pull Crow out of his funk. She's not working with miners in spite of her upbringing and later saving them in spite of the repercussions from her father. She also never cared about the miners being treated like slaves unable to go home, and organized a group of sympathizers to her cause that kept Class VII from being arrested and aided her in defeating her father and convincing him to leave the Noble Alliance.

Angelica is a pervert, but to reduce her to that one character trait is simply willful ignorance.

>That makes sense, plus Estelle being a demi-god might explain why she seems to have near super natural hope powers.

That could just be a Bright family thing. Cassius can charm a Godess, Estelle can repair a broken heart and charm damn near everyone she meets, effortlessly.

Speaking of Estelle, how long is the Liber Ark dungeon? I've just gotten my copy Gospel and entered the second part.

Not that long.

None of that stuff read as true to the character or the story. It was easily the least interesting part of CS2.

Then like I said, you've reduced the character to single component. No wonder it was uninteresting, what you saw was a one note character suddenly taking up responsibility for something and appearing out of character. Not much more for me to say than to look again.

Thank goodness. I'll be honest, these end game dungeons are netted ting at first, but they do begin to drag.

I hope we get more CSIII designs soon.

Fingers crossed for long haired willowy Fie.

I wonder if any of the already Adult characters will have new designs, or if it'll just be Class VII.

Eh, they're moving up a generation. I bet most get a redesign. Though, I wouldn't be shocked if we saw stuff like Claire's RMP uniform or Sharon's maid outfit since those are basically uniforms for them.

Those are uniforms for their jobs. I was mostly referring to Sara and Toval.

I predict Fie will have a ponytail, and Laura will have short hair.

I hope Sara gets a new more lewd outfit.

I am conflicted about this idea!

Laura needs to have long hair so it looks cool when she spins around.

She'll probably still have that piece hanging at the front but maybe slightly shorter.

Neither of these things are okay at all.

Gas everything.

Stop adding an s to Origin you fucks.

SHOWTIME
CRAZY BURSTO
why is hummel's extra so op?

I don't use him because I know who he is and what he's for. He's also worse than the Laksia and so I use her. Faster, larger cone for attacks, higher defense. He's only there for fujoshit and gays like 80% of American chan users.

I've barely used him because he starts like 7 levels higher than everyone and I'm autistic about keeping everyone the same level. His extra can take out like half a boss's health on nightmare though. It's ridiculous.

I don't understand why you get him after the bird boss on the peak of the mountain. What was the point of not having him around until after that?

Probably some story reason but YOU CAN'T LEARN JAPANESE :^)

fucking wat

He's an ice-cold motherfucker to all other girls but Feena. Cue CTR, or what you believe it to be.

With the current exchange rate, that Falcom weekly special is pretty damn tempting. Since the Calendar campaign has started, does that mean if I buy it I'll get a calendar?

Depends on what "it" is. They only give you something if you buy Relics.

I figure she'd keep it short so she's not worrying about it getting in the way when she's going fast.

Yes dood it was literally plaaaned and not told 14 yrs laater dude nomra is like sooo cuhrazee XD

Retard.

someone post the diabetes-chan webm thanks

Ur mum

She has nothing on Fie or Emma, though. Also her character design is boring, and she's fairly useless except for her Holy Arrow skill (and there are far better ways to heal CP, like a Moebius-boosted CP restore food). I can honestly say I only used her for one difficult battle in the game (that ice dragon thing) and I'm just starting chapter 6.

Fie meanwhile wipes the floor with everything.

Future Maho could be a hot titty monster that looks completely different from her 2010 counterpart for all we know.

What even are these games? You set up traps in a horde/survival mode?

SHH i was shitposting uncharted wasnt even that bad for the first two. The fourth really is god awful though

What the fuck, way to take it out of context.

I'm saying that in the new established popular GTA post GTA III, it'd be a little too different to make it outside the US. Back then the change was to its favor, and I'm betting a lot of people were beefed about that too. It would be great if they set it outside the US, but then they lose the American satire aspect that's been established since III.

But to favor your argument, a new country would still be just as popular and would be a completely welcome change. The American satire thing is got very stale in GTA V.

Yet it still looks and runs like shit.

Falcon, because I like going fast.

They didn't for this season since each episode had continuity

Nah MvC2 is superior. MvC3 is way to forgiving in that it gives you way too many opportunities to extend your combo. You really shouldn't be able kill a character without meter. MvC2 takes a lot more execution and skill than MvC3. The only really problem with MvC2 is that it has gotten to the point where there is only 6 character that are viable.

Sonygger as fuck/10

I don't know what goals the contributors have but even if they want to keep the mechanics exactly as-is (from pathfinding to stacking flying units), it allows things like high resolution support, rebinding keys, better multiplayer lobbies or matchmaking, better spectator and replay analysis features, better API for AIs, allows it to run natively on modern and future operating systems and hardware thus making the great game easier to preserve and of course, makes it possible to make custom balance changes should you desire.

There's plenty of potential benefits. The authors might also just like the technical challenge.

I want to marry and impregnate that bat

Stupid fucking meme thread. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I really want to try some of these games out, but I'm afraid that if I buy them on Steam my brother will look down on me for being a weeb.

I wouldn't mind it as an option for campaign or some kind of practice mode for multiplayer for new players, but regular multiplayer needs that limit.

This

At the moment stick with regular Skyrim, once SKSE is out we'll see ports of all the better mods. That said, if all you want are mods that don't run scripts such as armor mods and texture replacers, you shouldn't run into many problems with SE.

Is this a legitimate post or part of the spam?

Jesus Christ, what pathetic spamming.

What the fuck is going on

Some furries got triggered.

enjoy all the vehicles and tanks you collected in online because that data isn't deleted. Play every mission with them.

*other arcade and doujin shmups

Forgot to add:
The artstyle was quite dark. Nothing anime.

Furries being obnoxious, as usual.

The GG trhead is gone and no one has made a replacement. I've heard the people spamming are furries and given the posts its a bot, but who are these people and why did they get mad again?

It's Bui being autistic.

I don't know what Bui is, is what I mean. Which I weird because I've been around Holla Forums since 2014 and I haven't run across that name.

I meant to reply to this a while ago, but forgot.

Google translate these guides: kamikouryaku.com/ys8/

gamekouryakuspace.net/ys8/

It's a legitimate post.

Fyi, we're past the bump limit. Thread probably won't last much longer,

I haven't been here for a while. Could you elaborate?

A furfag named Bui who migrated here from 4chan's /vp/ got assblased somewhere and his spamming crusade led him here somehow. It might be a falseflag, but with how autistic Bui is, it's probably him.

He should look down on you for using Steam. I had to Listen, nigga, fuck him and his probable shit taste. Buy the first trails in the sky game. If you liked it, buy the second. Your brother shouldn't be an obstacle between you and some damn fine games.

has anyone ever counted how many headpats are in each game?
it be interesting to see

because jesus fuck there are so many

This was the only one I remembered from Sky.

Cold Steel 2 probably has the highest density of headpats.

Just finished Ys Origin with Yunica.
Next games story wise are Ys I & II, right?

Someone needs to make a new thread.

Play in release order, nigga

NEW BREAD