System Shock 2

What the fuck was his problem?

One of the engineers was infected and reprogrammed him to serve the Many.

Much as the rest of the Von Braun he was a badly designed rushed piece of shit destined for failure. The only part of the Von Braun that was properly designed was the FTL drive itself and that's only because it was personally overseen by Delacroix who was the only one who knew how the damn thing worked that is, until SHODAN found out how the thing really worked.

I mean most of the ship's security stations are trivial to hack into and those simulation units should have been properly firewalled from the rest of the ship's systems. There's really no reason for them to have the access they have other than laziness. You could probably access XERXES' "primary dataloop" from any old terminal on the ship if you had half a clue because no one is going to care about security unless it's some high-visibilty window dressing like all those ridiculous cameras that take several seconds before they go "Hey' you shouldn't be here!" and don't even have a dead man's switch in case someone vandalizes them.

Do keep in mind that Tri-Optimum is essentially run by a low tier Russian drug dealer who somehow blackmailed his way to the top. Do you really think such an organization would be properly run?

They made him sing Elvis Presley songs for three hours.

yeah don't you know, system shock 2 is one of those games you can't criticize? There are no flaws, any you see you can't talk about here. Take it somewhere else.

SS1>SS2

Except for cyberspace, fuck cyberspace.

All of the "Holla Forums approved classics" suck though

come on now

yeah, fuck trump

Also, I thought Xerxes was in fact somehow corrupted by the Many. At least, that's what I thought.

no one is saying system shock 2 is shit, although the last parts of the game are fucking terrible

I didn't think you'd come crawling back so soon after the LGS developer blew you the fuck out.

Fuck off

I think it has more to do with all the hardware Shodan shoved into you.

In SS1 the Hacker is equipped with military grade implants that are more advanced than anything out there, while in SS2 you have Shodan preparing you to unfuck the situation she dug herself into.

I don't see how the implants would make a difference, in both cases it's in TriOpt/Shodan's best interest to equip the MC as well as possible.

were you expecting him to post more than once

(1)

It was a crewman called Malick, who had hacked into Xerxes before, and then gave control over to the Many once he got infected.

He then got killed by Melanie Bronson.

How many ways are there to defeat Shodan at the end? Is there other ways besides hacking or shooting her?

Nah.

I really enjoyed cyberspace.

I beat system shock 1 recently and I really enjoyed it but i'm having a hard time getting into 2
It just feels like every item I have is a piece of shit.

I guess that's my fault for having no idea how I should assign my cyber modules but I preferred how it was in the first game where it was more straight forward you found upgrades by exploring you couldn't screw yourself over if you assigned points to the wrong category.

I guess I could start over and go for a melee build.

Go for a hacker build with mostly anti flesh weapons.
Its easy as shit and you'll understand most concepts easily.

You can fuck her into submission. Then she gets out of the game, augments you, and fucks you for real.

Why live?

And that's a good thing. Holla Forums should either actually talk about video games when they come here, or fuck off back to their board.