The entire internet has been effectively turned into one single surveillance mechanism that is legally robust

The entire internet has been effectively turned into one single surveillance mechanism that is legally robust.

Discuss software that needs to be built in order for privacy to return to the internet so that free discourse and collaboration without duress can become a reality.

Source: Bruce Schneier, EFF at ShmooCon 2017

Other urls found in this thread:

eff.org/about/staff
eff.org/about/staff/william-budington
twitter.com/legind
eff.org/about/staff/shahid-buttar
twitter.com/sheeyahshee
shahidbuttar.com/
huffingtonpost.com/author/shahid-buttar
eff.org/about/staff/sophia-cope
twitter.com/scopesetic
eff.org/about/staff/eva-galperin
twitter.com/evacide
flickr.com/photos/carnivillain/3649922388/in/photostream/
apc.org/en/pubs/joint-letter-icann-new-proposal-will-endanger-doma
eff.org/files/2015/07/08/07_2015_icannletter.pdf
eff.org/press/releases/protecting-choice-speak-anonymously-key-fighting-online-harassment
twitter.com/EFF/status/657319351884759040
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All these can bypassed but you can dramatically increase the cost and time for an investigation to the point where they can't actually do anything about it. Look at the clusterfuck the russian meddling crisis has become. It's literally a couple dozen shitposters behind a VPN and it's tied up tens millions of dollars in agency time and manpower. We aren't fighting for invincibilty or invisibility. We're taking down their trillion dollars machine with $.10 shitposts.

Yeah a surveillance mechanism that can't catch a spree killer who is posting about or even a couple of Russian trolls. They will always be listening and watching, from now, in 6 different ways. The people at the other end of the bugs are fucking idiots who go to cuckchan for sources and ask Reddit how to cover their tracks.

Carry on as always lads :^)

You can't because the surveillance is at the hardware level. It doesn't matter what sort of software you are running when the hardware is compromised.

Eat shit.

Have computer (offline)
- no network hardware
- no mircrophone
- no speakers
- no camera
Have other computer(s) (online)
- no network hardware
- no mircrophone
- no speakers
- no camera
Have external hardware
+ usb stick w/ live os
+ usb wireless hardware
+ usb/sd storage
Learn to check usb sticks for changes with dd.
Can build device to automate this.
Look it up.

I can't remember that band's name, but I had come across those two off a Babymetal song. The girls are good singers, and that guy has awesome screams, if only he weren't a faggot.

THANK YOU

Less of a mouthful than "it takes more CPU cycles to decode a visual than text and the clowns can't keep up"

True, but I'll notice if there are suddenly too many blinkenlights on the modem and cia.gov in the server logs.

What happens if we go back to 56K dialup or god forbid UUCP? Pretty hard to see just WHAT a target is up to with hardware compromise and no fat pipe.

Actual cryptography doesn't work because it provides no layer of plausible deniability.
Wrapping encrypted transmission packets into images provides a very important layer of protection.
I've seen CIA use this on the boards since I've proposed this.

Did you document the examples?

You seeing a few images that aren't expanded that flash?

Bruce Schneier is highly qualified technically, but he is totally a big-government shill.

I don't know about you guys, but I am totally impervious to surveillance. I only browse the internet in incognito mode.

they also turned it into a useless pile of shit while they were at it

what does military intelligence use? assuming even they're secure

isn't the problem with surveillance systems the fact it's hopelessly used to clean up the security consequences of bad immigration policies? trying to stop third worlders third worlding with cameras?

This. And it gets worse every year.

That is certainly one of the flaws yes. I’d add that there is a bigger consequence impending, one that will be achieved when the world becomes truly “smart” and that is that privacy is an essential part of human life and there is no telling what will happen to society when everyone knows for a fact that everything they say or do is logged and stored in perpetuity. This will be one of the most important shifts in the human experience

Imagine never being able to speak in confidence even if it just to express concern for someone you love to family member because that person may find the record of it. Imagine never being able to let off steam after a horrible day at work because your boss might gain access to your rant and you could be demoted for it. Imagine young women trying to guide their way through a relationship (or anything) without constant gossip.

Living life under total surveillance will be like trying to take a crap sat on a toilet in the middle of time square on New Years Eve.

Compound this with the fact that expressing wrong thought will not only likely be illegal but that punishment will be enforceable. You had better watch yourself after a couple of beers, and for that matter you had better think twice before you go associate with anyone who could say or do something that may link you with wrong thought.

The internet was not developed with privacy in mind. Semantic cryptography is your best bet

I wonder if they have done any studies on groups of babies raised with a total lack of privacy in a group with others into adulthood. No privacy, no taught shame, no taught guilt, etc. What kind of monsters they could create or if they already have.
Or even just a group without privacy and the shame built around a lack of privacy with modesty etc. but still having a conscience when it comes to right and wrong. And then to explore how each race responds to the same scenarios.

Why does nobody like PGP anymore?

(((Software Solutions)))
When hardware is pozzed at multiple levels;
etc

So yeah your gencuccix temple faggotry ideas won't suddenly purge you of hardware poz.

Open source p2p communication software like e.g. Retroshare though is better than nothing.
And yes they can time VPNs in and out, so they know where your traffic goes in and where it comes out again. So the VPN does nothing. Maybe with 10 gorillion VPNs and proxies and output delay etc etc.. maybe you have a chance. But probably not.
Check out the ATT fibre sniffing debacle.

LADYBABY. The girls (as one unit) and the guy have their own separate careers now.

RISC-V

Funny how he didn't say give up, you fucking blackpill torfag.

How about hardware that solves the problem?

I know it's fedposting and all that, but everything short of fucking killing kikes is an inferior method.
chutzpah, pilpul
used against us
hardware backdoors
Et cetera.

If such a study has ever been done, it has never been published (and likely won't ever be ABLE to be published–at least until the surveillance state is perfect, which we're not far away from seeing). I'd say only jews or chinese would be capable of even running such a study.

(hell'd)
Those are things which don't need to be taught. Even a dog experiences shame and guilt naturally.

Wrong idea. Crypto forces them to spend huge amounts of CPU hardware and manpower to crack large amounts of content that holds absolutely no discernible value to them. If you only encrypt what's illegal clearly you're doing it wrong. They won't even need to crack your mail then they'll just get you on meta data pattern, scoop your family up and get them to turn on you. No, instead you encrypt everything for no reason at all. And we all do. And then we have nothing in it but dank memes.

And even better it's nearly impossible to program an algorithm to understand what humans themselves don't understand. Semantic encryption is best understood by reading the UN research paper on pepe the frog.

encrypted pepe, do not crack

Anyone actually dig into them? I recall some user dropping a few links years ago about their staff. A cursory glance shows the typical California types that range from soyboys to various social signaling women and minorities.

eff.org/about/staff

eff.org/about/staff/william-budington
twitter.com/legind

eff.org/about/staff/shahid-buttar
twitter.com/sheeyahshee
shahidbuttar.com/
> huffingtonpost.com/author/shahid-buttar

eff.org/about/staff/sophia-cope
twitter.com/scopesetic

eff.org/about/staff/eva-galperin
twitter.com/evacide
> flickr.com/photos/carnivillain/3649922388/in/photostream/

Some connections to Zoe Quinn's Crash Override Network
apc.org/en/pubs/joint-letter-icann-new-proposal-will-endanger-doma
eff.org/files/2015/07/08/07_2015_icannletter.pdf
eff.org/press/releases/protecting-choice-speak-anonymously-key-fighting-online-harassment

twitter.com/EFF/status/657319351884759040

Either they've been infiltrated or have always been a bit shit. Anyone know of any alternatives to them?

They'll keep the facade of freedom while using the surveillance record to determine what other crimes they may charge you with, unrelated to your technically-legal speech.

They've already declared ""white supremacy" to be a "national security threat" since making a political ideology illegal would be odiously illegal under our constitution.

They'll just do what they did to Wikileaks, making any legal means of commerce to support the idea effectively impossible. You'll have your freedom of the press and freedom to publish anything, but not the ability to buy anything supporting the ideology, driving everything underground.

When you turn to illegal means to finance the movement, they'll already have had your whole life recorded, and they'll just figure out what crimes you may have committed - unrelated to your protected political expression. It will be no different than the IRS caught targeting conservative groups last year.

You'll be put on trial, effectively unable to defend yourself since the case against you will be a parallel construction.

This is how they'll make your political expression effectively outlawed in the land of the free.

"the presentation on it…the anonymity service…TOR"
what a crock of shit. the creator of tor debunked all of this fearmongering on a defcon talk.just search defcon + tor

FUck you OP.

You’re both illiterate and too retarded to post here.

One thing I can always recommend is to give false information that would be meaningless to the person you are talking to but important to whoever may be listening in. For example, if you have a story you want to tell people, you can incorporate it into that without changing the meaning of the story.
Constantly add lies to every single thing you say online, not to change the meaning of what you say but to change the meaning of details nobody pays attention to. The person spying on you will look for these tiny details in order to identify you, while the person you are talking to won't see even the slightest difference between someone getting arrested at 10:25 AM and 4:35 PM. Obviously this goes right out of the window if the full power of the NSA drops down on your head but that is pretty rare, usually you have people on lower levels spying on you and so the more lies you feed them, the harder their job is. One way the police finds hackers is that they have an informant on an IRC feeding them information, and these small details accumulate enough to allow the police to prove your identity in a court of law which can be pretty significant if they have circumstantial evidence. If they don't know that it's fake, you are giving them a shitload of red herrings. If they do know that it's fake then they will have a hard time to tell what part is true and what part is a lie.

Also if you know multiple languages, lie about your nationality. If you don't know German, then it would be obvious pretty fast that you aren't from Germany, but if you can then you can easily emulate it. For example, if you are French and can speak German, then you can instead pretend to be a German that can speak French.

It will mean millions of people start beating faggots to death and lynching niggers because if you can't be a quiet racist, your only other choice is to high score in glory.

What do you think leftist satanist communes and coven houses are?

I hate that cunt and desperately hope she's raped and murdered.

What is it with this trend lately.
user said "It doesn't matter".
Yet you call me blackpill.

You dumb nigger.
For Tor to work, civillians have to use it, too.

Also this goes without saying but avoid clicking links that lead to sites you don't know. Type the page into ixquick/startpage and use the "View by proxy" feature, it will disable Javascript and not give away your IP, both of which will help maintain anonymity. And it wouldn't hurt to make multiple sockpuppet accounts, for which you intentionally add spelling and grammatical errors after you are finished writing. Don't add errors WHILE you are writing, since otherwise it will become a habit and thus defeat the purpose, since you will start subconsciously making these mistakes on a regular basis. Even if you don't use them at all, just having a couple dozen faceless people can help, which you can manage simply by having a text file with username and password along with whatever description you want as a reminder as to what that fake identity is. For example, one of my burner emails is intentionally made similar to an existing well-known person's email so that I wouldn't have [email protected] show up when I send people something. And a couple more.

All of the above can easily be solved by having a text file saved somewhere with a filename you can remember (preferrably not hidden, since otherwise you will lose it)

Hard to use (still), out of date crypto, bad reputation. We need to move past that poopfeast to something modern with less baggage. Keybase was as close as we got but something with opportunistic encryption would be nice as a default, with proper out of band key exchange as an option.

They're already doing this. It's called gangstalking. Another interesting read is "Three Felonies a Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent"

The truth is, if they want you, then they got you. They can do all kinds of thing, too, to extrajudicially punish you. Simply interviewing your neighbors (and perhaps letting hints "slip" about some odious behavior) and telling them you're under investigation could ruin your life right then and there. It could be months or years before you understand what's going on - in the meantime, you're going nuts bc everyone around you seems to be acting weird, or avoiding you, or making references to something you don't understand. Find gangstalking sites/vids that don't sound like they're created by a total schizo and they often describe this in great detail. Also, wiki "zersetzung"

i've been doing this for years

or use keepassx + hidden file

-Manipulation.
-To find someone
-To bait someone
-To influence a crowd, a country
etc…
Now the question is who benefits from letting a bloodshed happen ?
Who benefits when saying that "our worldwide collaborated surveillance of the internet isn't has good has we thought" ?
It's just a bait and bleed tactic user it's not because because THEY say that it isn't working that it isn't working it's not because that it's observably not working that it's not working and further more in the eventuality that it's not has efficient has they say or what we can observe it's not a reason to let them spy on us.

Violence is one possible outcome but total surveillance will develop alongside technologies that permit real time risk assessment and prevention. I believe the logical conclusion will be for Governments to utilise something like transcranial magnetic stimulation (already a proven technology) to transmute our thoughts and impinge on our very ability to commit wrong thought. What constitutes wrong thought can be fine-tuned by those that control the technologies, our very motivations and beliefs and passions will be updated centrally.

Use the extension uMatrix. Without this you are clueless as to how privacy actually works. Install Tinywall also to stop all programs from botnetting.

You know what's even better than that? Sending literally random bits of data with headers indicating it's encrypted.

doesnt look as good as original, lad

Don't slide this

Hm, other Anons wanna confirm? I use Ublockorgin…but if that one is better, I'll use it. Ublock blocks weird twatter stuff.

Fuck it, goin' live…where's umatrix been all my life? Jesus I really need to get back to knowing all of that instead of having to find out about what the govt and world is REALLY up to.

Thank you extensionAnon

>(((Bruce Schneier)))