Hitman

I got a sudden urge to assassinate someone. Is the new Hitman any good? Apparently it's not been cracked because of the always online bullshit so can't really try it. Considering their episode shit you'd think they could make a demo of it pretty easily.

Business model shit, game not is all I've heard about it.

slient assassin
thief
splinter cell

They're fucking determined to repel customers, aren't they ?

I've played C47, SA and BM. Thief and Splinter cell are more stealth games to me than assassin games and while you can't really have one without the other there's a difference in the focus.

Does that mean there's going to be basically another set of episodes or whatever built on the same base game?

Try Death to Spies or Alekhine's Gun if you've already played the other Hitman games. It has the same disguise mechanic as Hitman (except for the highest difficult).

Yes.

good talk user

I remember seeing some gameplay of that game. Looked ghetto as fuck. Is it a hidden gem kind of deal?

No.

Watch walkthrough of a couple of missions, you'll see it's modern game bullshit all over again. Better than Absolution, sure, but same old shit.

I haven't played it myself but one of my friends has been following it since it first launched. While he dislikes the payment model, he has been very positive about the game itself; apparently it's very close to living up to the initial reveal trailers in terms of scale and interactivity. According to him, most every level is packed full of stuff to do (and voice acting), and there are a lot of different ways to approach each level without relying on scripted events.

There is usually more than one "zany trap" option to take, as well, which I believe was one of Absolution's many problems.

The Hokkaido mission is a good example how it's Hitman: Skyrim Edition.

This is the impression I've got from the gameplay videos I've seen. What I'm wondering is how linear each of those traps is and if it's feasible to find them and execute them if you disable the assist shit.

I guess what really makes or breaks it for me is if you can really play it with the overlay "instinct" shit disabled. I know that devs always say that you can to please the "hardcore" fans and yeah they give you the option to do it but disabling them just makes the game frustrating because it's built with those features in mind.

If you support this user, there will be no way back. Remember when you supported Steam literally inventing the "day one patch" and how it turned out killing AAA PC-exclusive games?

Exactly. One example of that where it works is MGSV, where disabling the slowdown from being noticed does not affect the core game, but I've yet to see other games do this as well.

yes
Not unless they respect you as a consumer and remove always online shit as well as either offer a demo or remove denumale.

All they have to do is to make it free to play.
Because it's literally a F2P game which asks for payment in advancement.

New hitman is alright. There aren't many levels, but they are big as fuck with many targets.
The ai is braindead.
Just going in rambo style killing everyone is no longer a viable option.
Later levels are various degrees of bullshit.
It's okay, miles better than absolution and plays like an actual hitman game.

Really made me think

Except the game is bare bones as fuck offline. Have fun with no gear to fuck around with because no unlockables unless you're connected to the server.

Incredible. Is this the same for the console versions? They came up with the worst possible ways to release this game and still think its a good idea to keep shilling here. No one here is buying.

Any always online game has always the option for the developer to shut it down or start charging subscription fees.
Only play them if they are free.
Never pay in advance for anything that needs to be permanently connected. It is not sustainable model. Running servers costs money, so once the DLC micro-transaction money stops flowing in, they are operating at a loss and are going to cut you off.
If people accept always online for single player games, next thing greedy gamedevs will try is migrating them to streaming shit like PSnow.

Yes, always online becomes a thing for console games too. Look at Rainbow Six Siege.

Honestly that's later than I expect. It seemed a little too good to be true when it seemed like it was an old-school video game thread for the first 20 posts but I suppose those aren't allowed on neo-Holla Forums anymore and you need to have some shill shitposting around the edges.

Only works for old-school video games.
Shilling is an inherent element of modern always online micro-transaction DLC video games and their discussion. You can't remove just one element don't like, you have to take the whole package.

There have been a lot of obvious shill threads for hitman. I realized you actually had some good questions after reading your posts, sorry OP.

Well said

Damn

This is the best Hitman game ever made and one of the best stealth game of all time. Buy HITMAN™.

Probably. They've talked about doing two more "seasons," which I assume would take one year each to release.

It's shit.

tl;dr: Any always online video game is a subscription game in disguise, trying the hardest to trick people into recurring payments for a single video game.

When will you faggots ever learn?
If the business model is shit, the game is shit.

At least you were man enough to admit it I suppose.

The amount of shilling is vastly overestimated in general on Holla Forums. It happens, I won't deny that, but not everyone is a shill if they want to talk about a video game unless you consider just any discussion about a video game shilling then everyone's a shill except the shitposters. In general I think the paranoid anti-shills are hurting this board more than the actual shills. And then there's faggots like this

I get what you're trying to say but man that's a retarded blanket statement.

The only thing that's retarded around here are people who want to buy or speak positively about (read: advertise) games with bad business practices.
The two aspects of a game are its content and the product that encompasses it. The two are inseparable outside of piracy and therefore I am one hundred percent correct. If the business model is shit, the game is shit.

You still don't understand the point.
Denuvo and always online is an inherent part of 2016 video games.
Deal with it!
Shills and talk about shills is an inherent part of 2016 video game discussions.
Deal with it!
You can't have a 1996-style online discussion about 2016 video games. The world doesn't work this way. You get the whole package, you can't just opt out of parts of the (meta-)game you don't like.

rip

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I JUST WANNA TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES

Go back to reddit if you want a circlejerk you fucking faggot.

Then go back to halfchan. We're too woke to not talk about jews in every thread

Jews are better at tradition and conservautism than whites. If not for the kikes and their yid messiah, we'd still be pillaging the English for their prime teen pussy.

They cut our nuts off with fucking memes.

In a world without Jews, we'd finally have vidya. If there's anything to blame, it's the kikes.

You may. With people who play the games. If you want to lap up the shit some marketer dumps on your chest, go somewhere else.

Nobody in this thread has actually played this game have they?

Nope. We actually have functioning brains and don't fall for shit marketing or buy online only DLC fests

I'll probably buy the complete edition when it comes out in January.

Reported for not even trying.

There's no DLC in the game.

The game is nothing but DLC. It's episodic for fuck's sake

Episodic is not the same thing as DLC

Why are you splitting hairs to defend digital distribution and episodic gaming?

You have been deemed a threat to yourself and others. Step away from your computer or mobile device and lay face down while authorities come to retrieve you.

take a wild guess if people on Holla Forums played a game they can't pirate

The new Hitman isn't even fully out so don't bother.

this is only a problem for poorfag PC gamers who are largely the dumbest motherfuckers on the internet anyway.

Played Silent Assassin on the xbox back in the day, liked Thief 3 and Blacklist. Is Absolution worth a pirate?

How about you come and get me

Everything I've heard of it maskes it seem like the absolute worst Hitman game.
nigga what the fuck

more like
Even Codename 47 had more than 6 levels.
This isn't even counting the always online requirement of this game. Get fucked shill

It looked pretty and the story was neat. I make no excuses for liking a casualised game but it ticked enough boxes for me to enjoy it. Probably the thing I hate most about stealth games is that all the really good technical stealth games are old and look like fucking garbage while the pretty ones are very basic and often not even stealth games.

Blacklist was fun and you could actually sneak through areas instead of murdering your way across the world. And then for some reason they threw in a fucking FPS segment in one of the levels.

The multiplayer (which was actually fucking amazing until it died) had one team as weak spies and another at that fps view soldiers. Being able to sneak around in that 3rd person view was very easy and spotting people sneaking up on you was a lot harder in the 1st person view. Really neat concept but rip in piss.

were the levels as big and detailed as they seem to be in the newest one?

That was introduced back in the second game. It was fun in Blacklist but only in the mode with standardized loadouts. Larger matches with custom gear were just new players getting raped to death because they're helpless with their current equipment.

You can turn off most things except the indicator for characters that will recognize you. There's no ingame tell for it until they do. So either get used to playing with random characters having a dot floating over their head, or get frustrated with people suddenly running after you and spazzing out.

I agree, see that person? You can kill it.

This is the bait equivalent of chucking a bucket of worms in the water.

His stats are off the charts. Such skills and reflexes. They can only be the result of… Previous training
Power like that, with no moral restraint.
All Agents have weak-spots Miss Burnwood, Pressure points to keep them in check. But this one.. Are you sure about this?
My Decision stands
Very Well. I'll be watching.

why isn't edf goty every year then since it has over 100 levels?
quality > quantity

Its pretty good but the always online and episodic content bothers quite a few people.

The game itself is great I put in over 50 hours and it's definitely worth a play, however it's also surrounded by the shittiest practices in the industry, not to mention that they screwed over customers with their own bloody business model just for a few extra shekels

As soon as it's out on torrents, definitely give it a pirate

Really incredible how your pic looks like an spontaneous photo

Sage for shit thread

Neo-Neo-Holla Forums everyone.

Man, these touches are great.

Based Todd

user who made the thread asking about codename 47 here, why is plutonium runs loose so fucking hard

they know what the people want

Also is Absolution worth playing if I self impose no assassins creed eagle vision and only silent assassin?

No. Its digsuise system is still broken, there's still casual slo-mo shit, and loading a save still resets guards, corpses, and patrols. It's shit.

Someone kill me.

But if I self impose not using the slo mo shit and not save scumming, is it worth playing?
Just how bad is the disguise system?
I want to play it solely to know what actually leads up to embed related.

Disguise system is so bad that wearing a disguise doesn't actualyl disguise you. You have to use "instinct" to keep the disguise up, and it depletes fast as shit.

You have to do what now?

Instinct is the resource you use to wallhack, turn invisible and so on. IIRC it's disabled on the highest difficulty, which of course breaks the fucking game because it's designed to be unplayable without it, like Skyrim with quest markers disabled.

No. It's shit, and not worth playing. You don't need Holla Forums's permission, if you're so determined to play it. But no self-imposed restrictions will turn this shit game into a decent game.

When you put on an outfit, all the NPCs also wearing that outfit are more likely to see through your disguise. So if you're dressed as a chef, the other chefs will be more likely to recognize that you're not one of them. It makes logical sense, but the result is that disguises are gimped. To compensate, and avoid being detected, you're forced to use "instinct" mode, which temporarily stops people from seeing through your disguise. If I remember correctly, it also shows guard patrol routes and lets you see through walls. It's fucked.

Unless you activate a disguise.. I don't know, function, that starts to drain your instinct resource, guards will see through most disguises in seconds.
There are certain "god disguises" that no one recognizes, but other than that, you are almost certain to be discovered, meaning that even in disguise, you have to sneak from cover to cover. Breaks immersion really badly.

You've got to be shitting me

There's a reason it's still called Shitman:Abomination

I am so fucking confused right now. Did this motherfucker really try to say he's me for some reason or am I understanding something wrong here?

Hold up asshole I'm me, how can you be me if I'm 100% sure that I'm me? Who are you?

I just don't understand why you'd pretend to be someone on an anonymous imageboard especially on an anonymous imageboard with IDs. Seems incredibly unnecessary and moronic unless you don't know there are IDs and you're a blatant newfag.

Shoot yourself my man

Ive said it before and ill say it again: the age of vidya piracy is coming to a close. Just like how real life piracy eventually withdrew to third world shitholes, so will piracy. Big games will stop being cracked.

Keep thinking that. In 3-5 years youll be wonderin where all the crack teams went.

Denuvo is the best they can reasonably do, and even that has been cracked.

Finished Codename 47. Meet your brother is even harder, god damn.
I'm really excited to get playing Silent assassin. Out of curiosity do any other games in the series have forced combat sections and if so, is the shooting better/is it also as tense as Meet Your Brother's mazelike fight?

Haven't played Codename 47, but from Silent Assassin onward, there's no forced combat. There are situations that are designed to get you into combat, but it can always be avoided if you're careful, curious, and smart.

Neato. Thanks.

Blood Money is underrated as fuck! PLAY IT! Most enjoyable shooter since HF 2!

Codename 47 has one of the best level designs in the history of videogames.

Business model is shit. But the game is really good, not the best but surely second one

They work, if you shoot them they brake and alert the target but if you are behind them the reflection isn't working for being spotted

I think the first two levels really sucked. A very straightforward sniping mission and a laughably easy bombing mission that doesn't even make that much sense(since you need the driver's outfit to place the bomb, but the blue talons don't even need the driver to get the limo running on their return trip), but the ambush mission was really neat, and the Lee Hong assassination really was a wonderful mission, as were the rest of the missions in the game(the jungle god aside because I could very easily just sprint past the jaguar). Meet your brother as level design is very neat but as a mission is meh because it has you doing all out combat when the rest of the game did not really recommend going all out combat.

I wish a stealth game pulls that stuff off, where both mirrors and shadows can give you away. I think Deadly Shadows was supposed to do that until they had to gimp it for consoles.

This is correct.
I think in Splinter Cell, your reflection would alert guards, but I can't remember for sure. I'll play it later and find out.

so where's the pirated copies of hitman then genius?

Not every game is cracked, benisposter. But plenty of Denuvo games have been, and the principles for cracking the remaining Denuvo games have been established.

but you said denuvo is cracked. how can denuvo be both cracked somewhere but not cracked elsewhere? surely if it's both of those then it's pointless to say that some sort of base is established if the base doesn't mean anything or give any idea on the state of future cracks.

But a meaningful base has been established. That's why there were no Denuvo cracks, and then a string of them. I'm not smart enough to understand the details, but the way I read it, they basically figured out a way to identify and then safely scrub the triggers embedded in the executable. This was a breakthrough, and is what has allowed Denuvo games to be cracked over the past few months. It just takes a lot of time to locate all the triggers, since they're different for each game. But if you can play a previously-DRM-laden game without any DRM, that's a crack, no matter how it's accomplished.

so what's the ETA on Hitman getting cracked?

No idea, ask CPY.

needing to crack every game separately means denuvo as a whole is not cracked. which you implied it was. steam is cracked. you're able to drag a crack from one game to another and have it work. denuvo not so much

Would it satisfy your autism if instead I said "Denuvo games have been cracked"?

not really, no. cause it still took a long time for those ones to get cracked.
and the ones cracked aren't even worth pirating unless mgs5 got a working one

What.

its a crack but i wouldn't say denuvo is cracked. just that specific game

Right. So why would you object to me saying that games with Denuvo have been cracked? (Instead of saying that Denuvo itself has been cracked.) I feel like there's something I'm missing here.

because there's the implication that because denuvo has been cracked on one game its pointless to have when there are games that have been out for almost a year and still haven't been cracked

Whether a game has been cracked or not has nothing to do with its age or quality.

most sales happen in the first month of a games release so if a game can avoid being cracked for that time just by having denuvo then the DRM is a success

Again, this has no bearing on whether or not a game has been cracked, only on the potential effect of a crack on sales.

get fucked shills

I don't know if it even deserves the effort to crack. The offline version is extremely limited, it's just five missions and you can only use your starter gear. They're still great big levels and you can go about killing your target in a bunch of ways but you don't even get a sniper rifle in the offline version unless there happens to be one somewhere in the level. No remote explosive because that's an unlock and no unlocks offline. Poisons were expanded upon but you only get a basic syringe in your starting equipment so no poisoning food unless you find some in the level. It's a fine game but this central server shit is unacceptable and I don't see how a crack would be able to fix that problem.

Hitman 2 has some really good music.

again you imply denuvo has been cracked when it hasn't for this game

i know paris has a remote explosive near the guards post in the attic. every level has emetic rat poison in multiple places. the best weapon you can have you don't need to unlock.
coins

Well it isn't. With DLC you pay full price for a game and then get jewed on extras. With episodic games you buy the game piecemeal at reduced price as the episodes come out and the total amount will be the same as a full game or wait till they're all out and buy it at full game price. End result is that you have the same game either way.

If you want to reduce episodic gaming to DLC then all expansion packs are DLC as well. So are games that work off of a "module" idea like DCS.

Or they could go the FF7 remake way and just make three games of a singular story. Yeah that sounds great.

But that's not episodic. That's three games that used to be one game. If they sold each one of those games at $20 then what would be the problem?

I'm not implying that at all. Is English not your first language?

Maybe the complete edition (which is supposed to be released in January) will allow offline stuff? That's probably a pipe dream, though.

Yes it fucking is. They fucking said it was episodic.

And I say it isn't. There, checkmate nerd. If they're making you pay 3x$60 then it's not episodic. That's three games.

Oooh yeah, that proved me wrong.

There's plenty of reason to complain about Holla Forums seeping into other boards. People calling marketers jews isn't one of them.

There are some zany kills in Blood Money.

remember when people would just ignore threads and resist shitposting. and when you had to call out dubs and got called a retard if you didnt say something like check my 5's

check 'em

Dammit user, get your shit together.

I know there are different versions. Cool pic.

The one at the stripper club is nice too. And has one of the best OST ever.

It's pretty good. Better than absolution and almost as good as blood money.

There's some real kikery going on with the always online drm shit and a couple of really strange decisions on how it affects the game. Like if your internet goes down or their server then you don't have access to your equipment. Or how the "elusive contracts" only give you a window of IRL time to play them, and if you bought the game after that time then you can't play it. The idea of a one off contract where you only have one try and if you die you cannot try again would be a really cool idea if it wasn't set up so that you buy the game and everything is already gone.

Kikery notwithstanding it's a great hitman game if you can look past all of the stupid decisions. The "opportunity" system is pretty much baby hand hold mode and you should play the game with it off. Although it's nice after a while to get walked through some of the more obscure ways to kill the targets. A few things are missing like human shields and the ability to inject food with syringes.

Also some of the maps are huge and most of them are dense with interesting and comfy scenery. One map has a small italian coastal town, a mansion, a crumbling old naval fortress and a shady underground umbrella corporation style virus research base. The hokkaido level is particularly comfy, though not very big.

That being said I don't think you should spend the money on this. I spent 30 dollars on season one and it's on sale. 30 dollars for 8 levels seems a little light. Especially since it's just the beginning of a story. Of course the levels are meant to be played over and over. Still, i'd say wait until they come out with a "this time less jewish edition and also we let you play the elusive contracts", although i'm not sure that'll ever come.

I'll concede that their main use in Blood Money was a free KO as an alternative to the syringe, but sometimes you just want to mess around, take a hostage, and start a firefight. That was a lot of fun.

So how does the detection system in Silent Assassin work exactly? Guards can recognize who's a guard on medium-close range inspection?

this one?

Give me some feedback on this. I'm sick of all the shills and clueless dopes, and I intend to drop it in future Hitman shill threads.

Also I should mention the music. It's your average orchestral stuff, pretty good if you like that kind of stuff (I do). It works in a neat way though. There are different tracks that play depending on what you're doing or what actions you take. For instance when you kill someone there's a musical sting followed by slightly more upbeat music until you hide the body. If you're caught the music gets much more intense. All of the music is fitting and it works very well to compliment what's happening. The only thing that could have made it better is if there were location specific themes.

Yeah, it's removal isn't gamebreaking, but it would be nice as a tool for rampaging. On the other hand you now have a move to choke people unconscious which replaces the old human-shield-then-pistol-whip maneuver.

Game play section only thing of interest. Brimming with bias. Would make alright bait I guess

You forgot to mention A HUGE SLUT and SLUTTY NUN ASSASSINS and NEKKED HANDLER FROM PREVIOUS GAMES and DANNY TREJO ON ROIDS in the target list for Absolution

it's ghetto hitman with le ebil nazis.

Thank you. It's "completely nonbiased" in the same sense as a businessman calling himself "honest" ie not at all. I suppose I could make a more honest version.

You should also mention that with the exception of the tutorial at the start, all that hand holdy stuff can be turned off

Just wanted to point out that the seeing through walls, handholding and pretty much every single UI/HUD element can all be turned off for what it's worth, but it is inexcusable that opportunities and wallhacks exists as a feature in the first place.

If you bought this game you don't belong on this board.

So out of curiosity is this game pre or post blood money/absolution, story wise?

From the moment i saw Holla Forums deepthroating steam's cock while screaming about "le mustard race" i always knew PC was cancer. Now it's completely infected everything else.