What outdated hardware bullshit will Kojima be putting in his next game?

What outdated hardware bullshit will Kojima be putting in his next game?

Place your bets funky dealers.

My guess is Minidisc players. Sony hardware? check. Dead as fuck? check. Something Kojima wasted a lot of money on in the past? check. Media format that looks pretty cool? check.

What about you? some anons seem to be expecting laserdiscs in Death Stranding but the deception island and iceland stuff suggests cold areas where mobile shit is more likely.

Elcasets.

Minidiscs are fucking rad tho.

Dragon dildos

Honestly if he did it i could see Woolie tier hipsters bringing them back.

wiiu

Do mind, I'm not saying they're actually fucking good, they're just rad.
But yeah, I can see this shit happening. Hipsters force the dumbest ideas. I can't drive my old volvo without being called a hipster cunt nowadays

I know several of them that play vidya, not the pbr sjw variety, that bought fucking walkmans because of the phantom pain and are still listening to casettes "because, i dunno man, it just sounds so crisp compared to mp3s".

Arguably, there is a way to get a casette that sounds fucking amazing, refer to the embed.
But yeah, this is fucking idiotic. It makes sense for casettes to be in MGSV because it's fucking 1985 there, but "bringing them back" is as hipsterish as it sounds and really should not be a thing.

Minidisks were at the time the only way to record high quality audio on the go until the invention of decent laptops and voice recorders that used flash media

Shit they only stopped making them in 2013 because even up till 2010 production companies still used them hooked up to XLR microphone units to do audio recording, since then replaced again by all in one voice recorders or laptops

Minidiscs are cool and basically what I've always wanted out of disc-based media since the damn things are so fragile and can't be touched anywhere but directly in the center. I imagine they could be a thing again but what was really the problem with them in the first place?

Cassette playback by design has distortion because the audio heads are influenced easily by magnetic interference, not to mention the audio quality of tapes themselves, which even after one playback the tape had a severe degradation because of residual noise imprinted by the magnetic head

It's like how people think vinyl's sound amazing when they don't

His next cinematic experience you mean.

When was his first

PSP's UMD.

VR

I hated those flimsy things, even when I kept them in their plastic cases they would still crack.

Look at this motherfucker. You know he only did it for the style element.

As long as David Cage exists this meh may will never have the groundswell you want.

had a few of these pieces of shit, failed me regularly. wish i had the money to afford md back then

Too modern. Back then there were horse dildos.

pic related for sure.

The baby on the trailer is a analogy for that fam

Digimon tamagotchis were better, you could battle with those ones.

I used to love Kojima's games and thought that MGS 1-3 were the greatest thing to ever happen to videogames. ZOE2 was a hack n' slash/mecha masterpiece on my eyes and Snatche/Policenauts were really up there too. Now? I don't give a fuck about him or his games ever since i finished TPP, this is where we say goodbye KojiPro.

is this the tomagotchi thread?

Laserdiscs

is this the chia pet thread?

I always wanted a MD back then, I liked the idea of autistically organizing each disk for a genre or playlist, like cassettes and mix tapes. Plus the device was small and it was leaps and bounds above of having a Diskman like I did, fucking shit skipped like crazy and my parents couldn't afford to get me a mp3 Diskman.

why do we not have a deviantart board? thats the most shocking thing ive seen in months

Convenience. MP3 players allowed you to carry more of your music around with you without the need to carry extra media, so they came out on top. Audiophiles preferred minidisc though.

I saw this shit on AVGN. It allowed you to play high fidelity sounds on an Atari, provided you put in the right tape for the game.

oh god. techmoan is awesome.

In the current year +1,75?
The XBOX ONE or PS4 :^)

Gee, OP I dont know, let me check my time travel machine.

And it worked for a grand total of 3 games.

UMDs are so fucking trash it's unbelievable

That's a lie, MiniDisc was preceded by Sony's Digital Audio Tape and the Digital Compact Cassette from Philips.

Elcaset.

Noise wasn't really the major problem with cassettes, at least not for usual music.
Cheap tape decks had issues with keeping an even speed (especially those using rubber belts), while cheap tapes had issues with drop-outs and print-through, if not regularly rewound.

It's 1984 not 1985

PS Vita

the wii u

Windows 10

IS KOJIMA ALRIGHT?

We did, it even had a CSS to make it look like deviantart. Looks like it got pruned, though.

Kojima-san is sudoku

The mastering was a lot different for vinyl than modern CDs.

Also, you can play them back without degrading the record using a laser turntable.

cd's had/have inferior masters than vinyls due to the loudness war

I actually collect minidisc players. I think they were a pretty good idea in general.

80's and 90's Sony made some pretty awesome stuff for the era. I kinda wish something like the minidisc took off for computer use in installing games and such. But in true Sony fashion, great product but horrible execution into the market.

Wow.

You're suprised?
Go out and start googling. You're gonna find out that at the time, EVERYONE and their pet made a proprietary music/media disc.
Everyone saw an oportunity there: if you control the medium through which music is distributed and spread around, you rake in dosh without doing a damn thing.
Sucks that the whole "digital downloads" killed it.

If you want to see the same phenomena look into the "app" market nowadays. Everyone and their uncle has a fucking app.
For instance: Pepsi has an app. What the fuck does it do? Imagine an ad that takes some of your processing power, constantly pings you with alert to new promotions (or more commonly, reminders of how tasty Pepsi is).
And you get a chance to win some sort of lottery.
That's it, they actually expect people to download and isntall what ammounts to adware on their phone.
And you know what? PEOPLE DID. Because people don't look at their phone and think "this is a wonderfull piece of technology".
They look at it and think about all the funny shit they can install for giggles.

Fuck the common denominator man. Fuck it all.

Patrician.