Best pokemon postgame

I think we can all agree that the main problem with pokemon is that once you beat the faggot four there is jack all to do.
So which pgame has the best postgame?

the spinoffs of the established franchise of mystery dungeon; pokemon mystery dungeon

>he plays the main games

Black and White 2, no contest.
Haven't finished up to E4 yet with S&M though

No. The main problem is the over-reliance of gimmicks to spice up gameplay rather than trying to actually improve upon gameplay in any major way, shape, or form and/or add new levels of challenge and difficulty.

There's no problems with pokemon games.
They're JRPGs for little children, nothing more than a watered down, simpler version of your average JRPG aimed at little kids, with a pokemon wrapping around the core rock paper scissor package.
It was never intended to be anything more.

It's not the games, it's you.
You haven't moved on with your life and for some reason still play a game intended for 10-15 years old.

Isn't that all of them?

Nah this one legitimately holds your hand way too much. There's no reason for the professor to be there the entire time. It takes away from the "road trip" feeling the games are supposed to evoke.

HG SS

PLATINUM, PROVE ME WRONG
Protip: you cant

G/S/C for sure.

play rutile ruby
otherwise b/w2, with honorable mention to emerald

Can you guys explain why your pick is the best?

Probably HGSS, Frontier (Including Tower which is basically the same as Maison and Subway), Pokéthlon a shitton of elegndaries, the toughest NPC trainer in the series in Red, Gym Leader Rematches, a number of legendary Pokémon roaming and not and Pokéthlon.

And that is if you don't count Kanto as "Post-Game".

Sounds like you tried fighting online and got your ass destroyed user.

if you have a a9lh/lumas 3ds rutile ruby is a fan edit of omega ruby that makes the whole game play like post game. Gym leaders and ace trainers are a little more difficult than they need to be, but not ridiculously so. Mostly it's interesting because EV training is made easy early game and with the exp share you'll be hitting level 100 before the eighth gym, so you can actually use those pokemon that evolve really late or learn good moves late. As well as a lot of other changes that actually try to make use of all the game mechanics GF introduces but never actually uses in their games.

The g/s/c guy is probably implying that kanto is the post-game, which isn't exactly right. Otherwise any of the games mentioned are arguably best post-game, except for platinum, which is only pretty good.

I'd give it to HGSS, with B2W2 as a secondary only because the PWT postgame tourneys actually led to me spending hours of my time breeding and preparing pokemon for battle

There's also jrpgs for girls.

For me it's either Emerald or HGSS.

HGSS was a lot better.

We have a Pokemon thread already, OP. And the best post game is always oine battling.

they should let you marry your pokemon

no

Personally I'd say the best postgame is Emerald/Crystal. Battle Frontier is cool, and going back to Kanto 3 years after the first game is interesting. Then again I haven't played all the games so I can't say much about the others.
ORAS's secret bases were a cool concept. If they expanded on that to let you make your own ghetto gyms it would be great for postgame. Ideally they'd add an AI tool that lets you design simple strategies, so you can make your character do something cool in their gym.
What kind of postgame would you want to see in Pokemon?

Why?

On a personal level, I like the BW2 post game. The PWT(a tournament were you can fight gym leaders from ANY region plus the champions) was a very good idea. The White Tree/Black Tower were fun too. THe trains are the obligatory Battle Tower.

Exploring a past region is always a plus in my book, so long as it's evident that shit has changed over the course of time. Since multiple dimensions are a thing with S/M they could have a town that you and everyone else playing end up taking over. You have your own gym established that you make however you please. You have your own house you make however you please. Through multiplayer people can come and visit through the multi dimensional rift. It's autistic as fuck and would never happen.

There are plenty of trainers that will actually give you a decent enough challenge sprinkled randomly throughout each game as I know from experience and trainers in postgames like DP and BW surprisingly have much stronger Pokemon that would stomp the E4 and you immediately flying from your hometown and rushing into the new areas.

The games need more hours both in terms of battles like PWT, which is fun as shit, and neat features you can do with your Pokemon like Super Contests and Pokeathalon.

Maybe if you intentionally gimp yourself. Hell, that's why people do Nuzlocke's and shit. There's never enough actual challenge to go around in the base game which is why people constantly resort to playing ways with self-imposed rules to make the gameplay something to challenge the player.

I'm going to list the Gens and their postgame exclusive content, noting third versions and remakes where relevant.

RBY had Mewtwo and fucking nothing else. FRLG added the Sevii Islands which is nice.
GS had watered down Kanto and Red, as well as one postgame legendary, Crystal added the now obligatory Battle Tower
RS had Battle Tower, a roaming legend, Rayquayqay, and a boat, meaning that ORAS might actually have less content than the original game, depending on your opinion of Delta Episode, since it removed the roamer, unless I'm misremembering and all the extra legends they threw at you were post E4. Emerald's Battle Frontier is still better though.
DP has that little island with the tower, several postgame legends, and Marley's little side thing, Platinum adds Looker's shit and another Battle Frontier
BW has like a third of Unova what the fuck. That contains the now obligatory legend, and I think some of the Looker quest takes place there. Notably, the obligatory Battle Tower clone was available in the main story like the PWT in 2. On the note of 2, I don't actually remember what it had aside from more different parts of Unova blocked off.
XY had the stupid Looker bullshit, catching an arbitrary legend, hunting for some extra mega stones, and one small place with the Battle Tower clone.
SM has yet another Looker quest, yet another Battle Tower clone, some free Pokemon, and half of Poni Island (full of fucking nothing). At least they sort of tried to do something good, but it mostly failed. I guess the champion title defense mode is an upgrade, and gives you more of a reason to fight the stronger E4 (how long has that been a thing, since FRLG?).

I'll let you decide what is best in Pokemon.

Well, I meant at least every game has a decent amount of trainers that unexpectedly give you trouble.

I knew saying plenty was a bad idea. I don't know why it's so hard to at least give most trainers at least 3 decently strong Pokemon at minimum. You already have them programmed in and just need to have them assigned to AI. Kids already learn to train their Pokemon even if they don't even watch the show and now you know what types are most effective in your fucking battle menu.