80s movie

I miss the old horror movies, like "The Fly" or "The Thing", with Kurt Russel. This one makes you think, makes you feel sad, sorry, afraid, excited, angry, hungry for sugar and coffe. Now you only see psychos and ghosts chasing young, seminude teenage girls. A big thanks to Jeff Goldblum for bringing this character to life.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=Hs1SoqA4Pq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This kind of threads seems more suitable for /television/

Yeah I don't like your generation kid.

Don't know if this post is sincere or not but I recommend you watch Antiviral. It's by Brandon Cronenberg and it really is 'like father like son'. One of my favourite films of the last decade. He's got a new film coming out next year that sounds like it could be really good:

Why? It's a dead board.

Thanks user. Look good.

It's not quite horror but I'm about to go watch threads, it's supposed to be pretty depressing and dark filmed in england btfo america taken from the site it's a documentary-style account of a nuclear holocaust and its effect on the working class city of Sheffield, England, and the eventual long-term effects of nuclear war on civilization.

"Threads" is a good movie.

Better mods
Only as dead as you want it to be.

What do you make of Walock OP?
Dude tried to unmake the whole of creation with Satan's Bible by speaking the true name of God backwards.

Went to the shop to buy some shit to eat while watching it, about to sit down and watch it now, if I don't come back I've suicided.

Interesting, I'll be checking antiviral.

I disagree that Holla Forums is any alive either. It's either capeshit or star wars, waifus are all ironical freaks and the rest is pozzed redditors trying to get at the ebil nathzees.

Is this a youtube comment?

"now" has been pretty much since the late 90s in this context

you know it really is actually

I miss old B-movies and everything being shot on film. The colors were better, it's too bright and sharp nowadays.

_DOG_

Heway

negated

HALLA

HAHAHAH

Sorry I only watch kino.

LOL IT'S THE ONE SCENE OF THAT MOVIE

LITERALLY THE ONLY THING WORTH TALKING ABOUT

JUST LIKE MY JAPANESE ANIMES XD

Almost all the scenes are beautifully shot and lots of great physical effects, what movie are you talking about?

The entire film is kino

Lol that movie is stupid and that scene is the stupidest of the whole shit movie. Nothing kino in it

Lol you are a certified pleb, go watch the thing again fagmuncher.

Lol you have shit taste tbh

Lol you are easily impressed.

Shitty bait.

Anybody else seen this? I really liked it. Great cinematography and fantastic atmosphere. Also 15 year old queen of Holla Forums stars in it.

If you watch it make sure you avoid the 83 minute cut.

Says the guy who likes The Reddit

80s horror had imagination at the very least.
What was the last horror film to come out that wasn't just more fucking demon-possesion?

The Deadly Spawn is great because the retarded characters survive at the end while the pointdexter goes insane

I don't work on January the 8th - that's Elvis' birthday.

Compared to the modern day rinse and repeat of "Oh my God! our family member is acting weird, let's call in a paranormal detective so they can tell us our house has demons." The Deadly Spawn is infinitely more imaginative.

I first saw Threads back in 1984 when it first aired in the states and it blew my ever loving mind. I also remember it being shown unedited and commercial free on regular commercial television (unheard of at the time). There was such an uproar from people who had let there children watch the film that the film was never again shown on American television. This may seem rather strange today, but one has to take in account the time in witch the film was made and shown. I re saw the film for the first time about 5 years ago and although it is still a rather depressing film it lacked the raw emotional impact it had when first viewed probably because it's not 1984 and thats crucial, and I'm not a 22 year old kid anymore either. Also bear in mind that this was never meant to be entertainment or high art. It was meant to be a cautionary tale and in that sense it was more than effective.

Plus the ending theme is awesome

American Werewolf in London

yes

In Silver Bullet the werewolf actually tries to kill someone while in human form. I like an American Werewolf in London, but Silver Bullet just has a lot of little things like that, that I was pretty responsive to.
His Gary Busey of a drunken uncle giving him a suped up motorbike-wheelchair is one of my favorites.

Silver Bullet has a car try to run down a kid in a wheelchair, what is that if not kino?

Trick or Treat 1986, best scene here.

My nigga. Goat 80’s soundtrack too next to Flash Gordon.

I streamed it for some people years ago, they were kind of surprised about a "metal head" being treated exactly like a nerd in those years.

One of the few things RLM and jay in particular ever got right was reviewing it positively. Underrated gem that never got the cult classic status it deserved.
hooktube.com/watch?v=Hs1SoqA4Pq4

Some people at imdb as usual discussed about wanting a remake with someone famous as Sammy Curr, like Manson or the like, but with how stuff it is nowadays I don't see any potential.

Heckrazor

You could maybe get away with it now as long as the best friend and gene simmons characters were black + the music was absolute shit.

The problem I see is how any other music genre would be seen as a joke if you replace it for a more "updated" remake, metal is kind of niche and I don't recall anything other than rock in general getting the whole "is satan's music" connotations.

Could plug the same story into 90’s instead, swap Curr as Ozzy type with him as fallen kurt cobain-ish grunge/emo god instead. At least wouldn’t have to change anything about doug savant bully character.

Well, that wouldn't be a problem, but you know the industry these days, like how they "updated" Power Rangers and how they more or less did the same with IT.

Unironically my favorite horror movie of all time

Do you have anymore good scenes like this you care to share?

Best 80’s boobies here

That's the only one from that movie, I have been trying to find a few more but I was a kid when I saw that one for example (literally first boner ever), since my country had the tendency to rework titles it took me years to track down Trick or Treat for example, there was one which was about witches (as many in the 80s-90s) literally called "Witches" I think, the very first scene has a chick getting out of the bath with a towel, a dude sitting on the ground, they chat for a bit, she lets her towel drop and they get on it, can't even track that one.

There is this other where some kind of panther is killing people, stuff happens, the mc meets a chick, stuff happens and the twist is, she turns into said panther, there is some sex before the final scenes, can't even remember the name of that one either.

good stuff. brings back some good nostalgia

Cat People. Fun fact that’s quincy jones’ wife/rashida jones’ mom/klaus kinski’s daughter fun fact.

Time to find a download then, there is another one, no sexual stuff but I always wanted to watch it again, a family buys a house by the lake, is haunted or something by a witch that was burned long ago, the only "seal" containing her or something was a silver crucifix of sorts, in one scene a priest is about to "bless" the house and a buzzaw from one of the workers literally gets loose and pierces him, at the end the cross is broken or something, the witch is taking the shape of a little girl and tells the mc something, in his rage he stabs her with the cross and she falls into the lake.

Sorry can’t help with that one user, the ‘witches’ one in your other post might be Ghost Story though?

I'll have to check that one.

Also for good 80’s horror fapkino check out Lifeforce.

cute tits.

ok

galaxyofterror.webm

honesty that's a cool movie in general, not just because of rape

can't be as kino as Val Lewton

Trips of truth tbh

Yuck looks too much like my cousin

The one about witches wasn't this one after all, it was probably mid 80's by the looks of it.

I just remembered another one, not sure about the title either, it has to be 80's though, seems to be about some kind of space vampires, on the first scenes people find some weird bat-like creatures (I think they were floating, maybe zero gravity environment?), there were sexual themes for sure, in one scene some kind of psychic or the like was literally seeing one of the vampire chicks seducing someone on a train (I think it was a train) she was putting the man's hand on her legs and all, the dude who was "seeing" it was getting more frightened as the scene was taking place, maybe because he knew something was going to happen, I don't remember what was the ending.

oh nvm, it WAS Lifeforce apparently.

Isn't that Lifeforce?

Indeed, I checked a summary, it was spot on, downloading it now.

Was a fun watch. There's a helicopter scene that made me wtf.

Well, I'll finally be able to watch it AND understand it, like a lot of those movies back in the day.

I agree OP. Im a young faggot and i don't like the current spooky genre since it's the same boring shit over and over.
This movie is a very good example. I watched it only a few months ago and was on the edge of my seat almost the whole time. You don't feel those kind of feels when you watch a todays horror movie. or any movie made today for that matter

It's like that because of easily amused catholic spics.

Everything about Lifeforce is wtf. Nobody remembers that Patrick Stewart kisses a dude in it because there's a 10/10 walking around naked the whole movie. It's like a massive prank that spun out of control.