Nintendo banhammers people who play Pokemon early

So nintendo is banning legitimate customers for getting pokemon early now. This is a customer service travesty.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/consumer/info/en_na/docs.jsp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah, breaking street date is reason for the ban.
Actually funnily enough, the store can get hit with a lawsuit and fined for it.

ALSO

but they wont and only the consumer gets fucked for playing something they paid for.

That's why I tought they only had temporary bans going on.
Perma bans on all games for something that could possibly, even with a very low chance, hit normal customers is a dumb move, the backlash wouldn't be worth the "damage" on the pirates.

Too bad pokefags are children who can't afford lawyers.

This is EA-tier.

Wow that's pretty shitty

How do they know though?

It's OK when Nintendo does it :^)

There is online components in pokemon.
If you connected to nintendo's servers before launch date they banned you.

Iwata truly was the hear and soul of that company. It's all down hill from here lads. How long till Metroid pachislot?

Well people should have had the sense to not go online imo

Nintendo is a family friendly company
So they'll probably just make gacha phone games

People who support nintendo, people who actively buy and play pokemon in current year, deserve the absolute fucking worst. You brought this on yourselves.

who the fuck would say this? not even nintendrones would defend this stupid shit

At least this happened just in time to get a fresh New Nintendo 3DS™ at a great discounted price during the Black Friday sales.

I've actually no idea if I'm banned or not, I'll clear the game, uninstall it, then I'll check.

Will it be a normal phone or will it be some kind of weird ass phone that you have to shake in order to make calls?

It'll be that, but you'll have to make funny hand signals at the built in 3 megapixel camera to choose the contacts you want to call and use the keypad

what is that a youtube comment?

If you've paid for a game, and you receive it legally earlier due to someone else's fuck up, they should not be able to punish you for playing it.

I'm sure they'll receive enough flack about this and lift the bans in a week.

im assuming so, but it really shouldnt come to that. i have to wonder if people are trying to ruin nintendo from the inside out

If they really are letting ubisoft develop a MarioXRabbids game, the answer is yes.

Bravo nintendo, bravo!

just buy a new 3DS and a new pokemon game, you entitled babies.

This, I seriously hope you guys arent swallowing this "you dont own the product you bought!" crap.

a classic example of customers getting boned by antipiracy measures, while the actual pirates aren't hit.

To be fair, it's the online services you get banned from.
You can play the game to however you want even after getting banned, but there are rules to be followed in order to use online services.
Permabanning the player from any online service because of pokemon is ridiculous though, specially when it can heappen so easily that even legit buyers are getting affected.

This.
Nintoddlers are retards as usual.

This is why you shouldn't give money to nintendo at all. They value their gamebabies more than they value their paying customers.

Were you the guy who created a bait thread?

What the fuck Nintendo

on top of the fact that they probably alraedy have both versions anyway, so its just a matter of a 3ds

Nintendo can act as inept and retarded as they like, because what are you battered housewives gonna do? Not buy their latest gimmick console or the next "all new" Mario game?

except thats what theyre not gonna do

>tfw I know people who got both copies

They deserve to be banned.

They made it part of the product, why would you not be able to play online? If the online part didnt work because it wasnt officialy released yet everyone would understand. Why is playing the game online so bad?

From what I understand it wasn't some thing they did to the game, it's just people connecting to their servers before the 18th.

Its an unusual game pairing but Ubisofts two newer Rayman games were really good. Rabbids is onlu tangentially connected to Rayman but itll be interesting to see gameplay of it

Not buying a Switch.

maybe well get some fairy tits out of the whole ordeal

not a chance. rabids are a seperate franchise from rayman as of fucking ages ago. they wont include anything rayman related.

I have 2 copies of X and 1 of Y.

The reason being that i got a 2DS and 3DS in sales deals that were for some reason cheaper then buying just the handhelds alone.

That said, i could se a temporary ban slap on the wrist, but a permaban is just a plain retarded move on Nintendos part, since as note, Pirates won't be affected and Stores won't stop breaking street date.

>Could they have used the method Smithy used?

DEEPEST LORE

the best lore is were the rabids never existed in the first place and we get a proper 3d rayman game again in the vain of legends

but thats just me

I'm shocked

obviously you weren't banned, that is often when pre-orders are delivered. Muhh day zero and shit.

What is with all this no fun allowed bullshit they're pushing now anyway?

Even the demo would lock up if you didn't feel like waiting 24 fucking days for a comet shard.

??

Breaking streetdate is illegal. Take it up with your retailer.

Nintendo is not responsible for the criminal behaviour of your game store.

If you change the date on your system the time inside the demo does not change for at least 5 days and events will not progress.

Oh and this also includes the time changing due to daylight savings, which was smack in the middle of the period.

let their future sales drop open their eyes

The bans are well deserved.

It's okay when nintendo does it. :^)

fuck off, there is no reason for Nintendo to ban people who bought the game early. This is an outrage and Nintendo should unban everyone who bought the game legitimately.

wait seriously? how does that even work?

He's playing a fuckin kid's game and funding the video game equivalent of Disney. He deserves this and much worse.

Sorry user, I don't do it for free like most of the drones here. It's easy to look it up so get to searching.

lol, you deserve all the buttfucking they give you for being loyal to them.
nobody's defending nintendo in this thread, we're laughing that their customer service is so shit.

2cd983 is a faggot or a shitposter, the only way to unban yourself from in-game online is to own 2 3ds's

I'm not defending pokeman, but come on now

Well it is hilarious that their customer service is so shit, and I DO pirate all of their games because of it. It's just another fuck up in a bag of fuck ups that Nintendo's been doing since the death of Iwaa

:^)

oh. well that's not so bad considering the 3DS is only a hundred bucks this holiday. but jesus, I hope no one stores their credit card information on Nintendo's servers. If nintendo is that bad with their ban system then I don't want to imagine how easy it'll be to hack em.

shitposting isn't free speech faggot

X&Y was the last good pokemon game.

Gee I wonder who is behind this.

X&Y wasn't even good

I cant prove you wrong if you yourself fail to answer his question in a non-dismissive manner.
Niggerfaggot. Pic related is yours, it must've fallen out of your underpants while you were shopping with mommy.

X&Y was bullshit. I got a 3DS pretty much specifically for it.
I should have gotten a PSP or something.

some of them are legitimate posters, I'll take care the ones that aren't

I'm genuinely interested in who you think is behind this. Nintoddlers? Sonyggers? Jews?

Sure, good luck paying $10k in lawyer fees for a $40 game.

Now now, dont do anything drastic.

just deleting some console war bullshit and some shitposters. nothing drastic

Here's your (you)

Jews are always behind things. It goes without saying. That's not to say that only Jews are behind things, though.
Now I want to know what he says.

Redditfags who are trying way too hard to fit in. They do this in any "le ebin screencap this" thread, no matter what is the topic. They actually think one line greentexts paired with a reaction image is funny. I remember a time where nobody greentexted.

How is calling pokemon shit "console warring"? I never even said anything about Nintendo. You pokefags really are fucking retarded.

And here I was thinking you would go on a shooting spree.

just took care of them now

refresh

nah, the more extreme ones got a 30 minute ban since they were shitting up other threads as well.

just stay on topic, no reason these redditfags/halfcucks should ruin these threads

Either Nintendrones who are trying to derail the thread into memeposting and shitposting so it dies quickly so no one finds out about nintendo fucking legitimate consumers over or "scorched earth" faggots who do basically the same thing to prevent anything constructive from ever being discussed.

People saying ">People still play Pokemon" when the thread is only tangentially related to it is pretty retarded. Especially since this could blow up into something huge as this is something that pirates can easily ignore and it hurts actual consumers who actually bought the game and just got it early either due to borked shipping or retailers fucking up.

Maybe you should explain why you think Pokemon is shit instead of going

He's a LOLcow thread addict. The only place for him now is Holla Forums and reddit.

I remember things too, brother.

hey guess what i got

Because it stayed simple and I got older or something.

anyway can we continue talking about the topic at hand? How is it that Nintendo keeps fucking up so badly when it comes to customer service and localization? Like seriously this is absurd, there's no reason Nintendo should keep legitimate buyers banned.

That's not even the topic of the thread, why did you even reply?

what the fuck is with these dadposters appearing out of nowhere recently?

How are they supposed to know who is a legitimate buyer and who isn't?

that makes no sense, XY was the worst game in the series

that's the problem isn't it? they shouldn't be banning people at all if they don't know who's pirating and who has an early copy, besides pirates can already get unbanned anyway, so the whole thing is pointless.

Nintendo has no way of knowing because their online system is a fucking mess that would have been outdated 10 years ago. You can literally use CFW to pirate games directly from Nintendo's own eShop servers and they will be none the wiser.

They should not have banned anyone in the first place, or at least they should unban everyone now.

It is not worth it punishing the legitimate players who are your customers just because other players are pirates.

No, they can't, there's two parts of the ban, the eShop/general online services ban and the game specific ban. People are able to get around the eShop ban, but the Pokemon ban has been tricky, dubious, or plain impossible to get around.

I don't think that has anything to do with their online services and it's rather tied to the fact people broke the encryption of how the various keys worked for 3DS game legitimacy.

they can by having two 3DSes

those poor legitimate players who play the game before release date and don't read eula's

are you retarded

oh damn, pardon my ignorance then.

Nintendo's not Disney, they haven't even scratched the surface of the ambition of the Disney studios in their golden age.

Even if they were, though, what's the problem with that? Are you one of those teenagers who thinks Disney pictures can't emotionally connect with adults?

not the game eula because there isn't one

They paid for the game, that's all that matters.

The only reason Nintendo does this in the first place is because their customer base keeps buying their shit, no matter how many times they attempt to destroy their PR.

Valve gets 1000x more flak than Nintendo and as a result they have to backpedal on their more jewish moves. Meanwhile Nintendo is banning people who buy their games because they are playing before the planets align.

There's an EULA to connect to the internet with Nintendo devices.

There is, each game has a digital manual that states it on the first few pages. I'm reading it right now

nintendo need only b& itself for that there incompetence.

so i shouldn't have been banned from counterstrike for hacking because i paid for the game?

It's insane how people aren't super pissed at Nintendo for doing this shady bullshit and that is defending such a ballsy move that fucks over the person who bought it. I personally hope someone sues them, but I doubt it'll happen

How is that comparable?

you are breaking an agreement in both cases

tell me which part of it says "don't play games before the street date"

same as the above, also

EULAs are not legal in the first place.

maybe you can take your moms allowance and try that in a court of law

what

Oh, that's why my demo is fucked. Great.

Reported. Go the fuck back to cuckchan.

I'm not defending what they did. In fact, I doubt the EULA would hold up in court.

The practical response to this problem of legitimate player bans would be to bring it up with the retailer who broke their street date, and failing that, charging them back with the help of your bank or credit card issuer. If you're too young to have either, you shouldn't be on this website. Anyone who hasn't boycotted Nintendo by now probably won't start over this.

Do you have to click a button saying "YOU MUST AGREE TO THE EULA" before starting the game?

Because if you don't, they are not legally binding.

Are you acting retarded on purpose? Yea go try and enforce a EULA in court.

That's the easiest way, but you can also unban yourself if you have done a system transfer with that 3ds before
There will be more ways coming that don't rely on that, it's only been a few days since the ban hit. Nintendo just needs to recognize when it's beaten and focus on making sure this doesn't happen with the Switch, all the effort they're putting in trying to stop piracy on the 3ds is wasted

And once again the people who use this fucking acronym always have the dumbest fucking opinions.

Even when you have to do this, they usually don't hold up in court. Even they know no one reads that shit.

I expect NX piracy within the first 3 years

Since the games are licensed to you, and you played them before you were authorized to play them, people did break the EULA. Yes, it's scummy and dumb but that's the facts.
Which is the problem we are pointing out, you dingus.

You have to when starting up the 3DS for the first time during system set up.

You have to be really incompetent to not be able to stop pirates from using your online service. You should have full control over who is connecting, so how the fuck can pirates bypass the bans?

Does that EULA mention Pokemon Sun and Moon games?

By changing the identifiers of their systems.

user it's a general EULA for ALL licensed software on the Nintendo 3DS platform, not even limited to games. Yes, Sun and Moon are covered under it.

All you have to do is change the data your system sends to Nintendo to identify itself.
Oh, and since nobody's brought it up in this thread, even if you don't do anything to circumvent the ban you can still download eShop games directly from Nintendo's servers for free using freeshop. That's the level of incompetence we're talking about here.

user, where in the EULA does it say you are not allowed to play games before whatever arbitrary date Nintendo decides?

where it says you can't connect to servers without their consent

I just greentexted it, dumbass, people can't play it before the authorized release date or else they void their license as stated in the EULA. Quit trying to nitpick when it's right there in black and white.

If they weren't consenting then the server wouldn't accept connections.

If a server is accepting connections then it is consensual. It's a server, after all.

No you didn't. You posted a bunch of crap about not being able to modify the games or pirate them. Nowhere does it say you are not allowed to play games before a certain date.

But anons, my college courses in women studies taught me that Consent must be written on a contract or it is null and void and actually rape.

I'm just going to stop replying to you if you're going to be obtuse on purpose.

you mean its always tender consensual loving. she didn't say no either :^)

Maybe you should not pull nonsense out of your ass.

maybe you shouldn't lie about your age when you visit 18+ sites and go into shock when you find out breaking rules sometimes carries punishment

why must it always come to this? If you have nothing to say then remain silent.

i refuse to believe an adult would be this thick over something so basic

I'll paste your post and then you tell me where it says "You cannot play our game even if you bought it legally, before we say you can play it.".

Since the games are licensed to you, and you played them before you were authorized to play them, people did break the EULA. Yes, it's scummy and dumb but that's the facts.

Which is the problem we are pointing out, you dingus.

Kill yourself please

great so now you can't read ID's and you don't comprehend the replies given to you.

Great, so you have nothing else to say after being BTFO so you attack the fact that I mistook you for some other user.

Depends on the country.

That whole "pay for this thing but you don't really own it, we wont tell you untill after we have your money though!" shit game publishers keep trying to pull usually gets shot down in court.

Gaming publishers/devs/media/shills like to pretend video games are some magical new thing that don't have to follow all the consumer protection guidelines and contract laws that everything else in the world does. They're idiots.

I'm getting shades of the Xenoblade thread from this.

PRUNE THIS THREAD MARK
I SUMMON YOU

Except the EULA is public and is able to be seen before you purchase a product.
Where?
EULAs have been a thing since video games have been a thing, user.

Software is not material goods, so we cannot treat it as such. If you bought all the rights to the software when you bought a copy of it, the people behind the creation of that software would not make any money, even though they do it for a living.

We cannot all be richard stallman.

Nope. Pulling more shit out of your ass again.

I just linked you the fucking website here, dumbass

How is a website not public information?

That EULA does not say you cannot play video games before a certain date. We're going in circles here.

Except it does, you're being obtuse, everybody else in the thread has already called you out for being stupid, go away.

No you haven't.

And you like obnoxious cartoons marketed for people with ADHD

If you're stupid enough to play a game online before it officially releases you 100% deserve the ban.

Just because dealers broke the street release date has nothing to do with the stupidity of people getting banned. Its not like this is uncommon news. People who don't even like pokemon know people were getting banned for breaking street date.

fuck off

Look, legalese cannot be like the three laws of robotics, in court a poorly written contract will get metaphorically thrown out the window. When the EULA says "without Nintendo authorization", that does not actually mean jackshit, so it is very much open to interpretation. If I have a legal copy of the game bought legally, a legally bought, unmodified system to play the game in, and the servers are servicing the online service, there is no way in hell Nintendo can say that me playing the Pokemans online is not authorized by them. I don't care what the "official release date" is, it does not mean anything.

If Nintendo has a bone to pick, it is with the stores that sold the game, not with their paying customers. This is very out of style with perceived Japanese standards, Nintendo clearly fucked up here and they should be apologizing. If they can't see that it is only their fault that people are playing before the date they wanted people to play, then they need a serious reality check as a company.

That's the problem.

Okay guy with mutiple shitpost in one thread

Holier then thou doesn't work for retards.

How does that Nintencock taste, Nintendrone?

user, we get it, you're wrong, no need to make it clear how wrong you are.

NoA has been increasingly more successful at sabotaging Nintendo ever since Iwata tragically passed.

It is really sad.

Everything I said was for the greater good. Unlike you, mr. Tist.

NoA has nothing to do with this.

I know you're upset you got banned for pirating but come on buddy

Nintendo had shit business practices long before iwata died

come on what

(citation needed)

No, seriously, enlighten me.

Enough said.

this is a handheld not a console, retard

says you

Well for starters The Pokemon Company International is the one who handles the releases and localization of Pokemon games. Secondly you'd be pretty naive to think that somehow Nintendo of Japan had absolutely no say in how EULAs are handled by the different branches of Nintendo.

Anyone playing online early should have fucking expected this. Nintendo is fucking rabidly defensive of new pokemon releases, and in the past they've gone as far as to go to people's doors to confiscate shit when they've found out they were leaking/breaking street date.

Is this a fucking ridiculous way for a company to police its ip? Of course it is. But anyone who went online early and then complained about getting banned is as stupid as a retard who walked through the ghetto at night and complained that they got mugged.

It says right there in the fucking OP that the dude got banned for playing it early in Europe

everyone who played early got banned idiot, get up to date

Yes you fucking retard, which means it wasn't just the US release. Unless you think NoA is taking control of every nintendo branch?

no, you're the fucking retard, he never implied only US players got banned

Then why mention NoA at all?

they're the ones who get the calls about people asking to be unbanned and about unlinking NNIDs

And?

You aren't. You can still play the game online, on servers that are not VAC protected

and that connects them to this.

The worst part of this is that despite getting their asses reamed by Nintendo for buying a game early, they'll still continue to support Nintendo.

I wish I could cultivate this kind of unwarranted loyalty from people. I'd be rich as all fuck.

fuck off you're not funny

I'm not being funny, I'm right.
A vac ban only bans you from servers that are protected by vac, a vac ban doesn't lock any features of your game

Also Child of Light is a better paper mario than anything's nintendo's done in over a decade.

Now he is going to argue percentages, good job.

thanks

It's banning you from individual servers that have chosen to opt in to the vac ban list. You're still totally free to play on any servers that haven't opted in to this list of banned players. A vac ban doesn't take anything game related away from you.

Why do people do this?

yea its not the same

Clearly there is. What shit store breaks streetdate anyway? Were did these people buy the game from, Yusuf the neighbourhood Albanian?!

Hopefully this will be a valuable learning experience for everyone.

Your bait hath no power in this place.

This is why nobody takes gamers seriously.

im gonna guess you know those people that say they get special treatment from stores because of how VIP they are for sucking the cocks of everyone who works there. sometimes those perks don't work out like planned when the store hands out games before release.

another scenario is because there's different release dates for different territories the person imported the game from another country thinking they'd found a loophole

Not agreeing with someone is bait?

You know the official release date. Don't get online. Problem solved.

I've never heard of any company being angry about getting their money early, not to mention that playing a game online before release means nobody to play with, so it doesn't even fucking matter. Hell, it's just another pokemon game, it might as well be someone playing some new Kalodudi online before release.
With this ban wave, Nintendo shows that they are anti-consumer and that they think themselves master over their customers. This behavior should be met with intense backlash.
By defending this practice, you out yourself as being another dumb Nintendrone without dignity, but I'm used to giving people the benefit of doubt.

its a company getting mad people are playing early. there's always been a fight about regional release dates being different. you just out yourself as being retarded thinking rules you agree to don't apply to you

>>>/cuckchan/
Go back. Immediately.

This just means Nintendo a shit.
Do you let your wife get fucked by a nigger, too?

What a good little goy you are, but seriously take a step back and reflect on why the fuck you are defending these practices.

what's the picture source?

yeah, (1)

i saw the thread and came in here just to laugh at you, what else was i supposed to do you pathetic nintoddler fuck? there's nothing else anyone could do, being a nintendo fan is worse than being an EA fan at this point, they're literally shitting in your mouth and you ask for more.

what, i need proof of this

Post yfw you don't play Nintencuck games or buy Nintencuck hardware

Uhuh do you know what happens when a movie theatre screens Star Wars one hour early?

Videogames are a business. A world wide release is a carefully planned operation to maximise marketing.

I do think Nintendo is retarded for having the servers online before the game is out though.

You can google it. Some guy on instagram was leaking pokemon X like a month in advance so nintendo actually flew someone out there to get the game back.

So what are these slant-eyed kikes gonna do if a real American spoilers the entire game, causing millions of ching chongs in damage? Fly into freedom country and try to break his knees with their frail bodies feminized from constant soy intake?

You can fully unban yourself right now if you either have another 3ds or have done a system transfer in the past. You will soon be able to undo bans with no requirements at all. This was Nintendo's last shot at 3ds pirates and they blew it again.

lol

mfw me neither

It seems like every week Nintendo finds some new and exciting way to show the world just how fucking retarded they are.

HUE

They never learn.

how does it feel to have a throbbing dick in your mouth?

probably a lot better than being a nintoddler

With rockstar it was even worse, you could give yourself developer privileges (as in your social club profile would say you are a rockstar developer and that would be shown in game, i.e in gta 5 your nickname would be red) and you were able to ban other people or make their game permanently unusable even on single player unless rockstar themselves fixed it for you.
I've seen console plebs get the game and have a cheater make it so every time they enter the online game all of their vehicles and their player would blow up making online unplayable, and then have that spread from the themselves to others and have those others spread it. I've seen cheaters change the weather for everyone in the session or spawn immortal aliens who carry miniguns and then make them chase someone, or make it rain cows or make people get chased by zombies.
I've seen people turn an entire lobby into a musical, as in make everyone in the session teleport to one of the open air theaters in the game and force their characters to dance to a song. They can explode entire lobbies at once repeatedly, crash people's games, while framing it all on someone else because they made a clone of another player and changed their name to the other person's. They can multiply their own damage and divide yours or give/take everyone's guns/wanted levels and even fly around like superman or leave props in the session permanently. They can tick a box and have it so every time someone's crossair goes in your general direction they get instantly headshotted and die or shoot people through walls or have the game shoot at the person once their crossair crosses them
Look at how it was in fucking 2015
Also in gta 5 mouse sensivity and physics refresh rate is tied to your frame rate, and due to a trillion vehicle physics bugs that affect your speed the higher your frame rate the faster any car you drive will go and due to RNG being involved in some parts of the vehicle physics your car will also handle differently for the better or for the worse at different frame rates
Every lobby you join i guarantee you if it has more than 10 people 1 or more are cheating, in 2015 it was even worse where every lobby you joined you would get blown up, have all your weapons stripped out of you, lose all your cash and if you somehow decided to keep playing there would be fans everywhere (specially important places like houses, shops or mod shops) that would fling you into the skybox once you touched them

I know user i used to do it too.

However with the hacking i just unbanned people and rained shekels on everyone. might as well help people get out of the grind and the retarded PVP system.

He means Nintendo can sue the store, for a lot more than cost of the game.

I called Nintendo to see about getting ban reversed, they said two devices were caught and banned (and indeed, I did play the game on two devices related to the same NN ID). Yet only one is banned, and I've used the workflow in the OP to get the second one's online play working again.

I lose literally zero functionality by not having a NNID. Just hope they don't crack down on my shared friendcodeid.

Supposedly they are still giving out bans

I hope they're as incompetent as ever and the Switch gets cracked quickly as well. Nintendo puts out at least one thing of decent quality every year but holy fuck am I never buying any software from them again if I can help it the way they've been acting lately.

If you're on Gateway or Sky then that's normal.

in 9/11 of 2001 muslims took control of a plane and crashed it into the pictured tower (not the one already on fire, it also had a plane crash into it but it's not the one shown), that picture is some footage of it

As a pirate who ilegally downloads free games directly from Nintendo's website and still plays online without a problem, this is highly amusing.

Nintendo's mistake was to design the system to trust the console and not the server.
This is also why if your 3DS gets stolen or breaks beyond repair, all the legit digital games you own are gone. The digital purchases are tied to the system, not the account - so if you want to transfer them to a new console, the original console must be still operable.

Anyway, by trusting the console to do auth, with the full control of today's hacks (a9lh + luma et al.), there's nothing that can help them differ between legit and fake users.
The case of Pokémon is simple - cart games use the cart header to connect, whereas digital games use the system header. Nintendo can identify 100% of pirates online by checking if they're connected from a Pokémon copy with a digital system header - since the eShop hasn't 'liberated' the game yet, it's a clear pirate.
I'm wondering about the guy in OP's pic, though - Nintendo has to be quite fucking stupid to ban someone with a legit cart header. But hey, with something as retarded as their online purchase system, anything can happen. From this we can assume that Nintendo banned ANYONE who connected online, real cart or pirate. That is fucking dumb.
This kind of shit is why I fucking love seeing the system getting broken into pieces. The most delicious thing is that Ninty's servers for the eshop are strained by pirates and there's nothing they can do about it. Serves 'em right.

my brother beat Moon before the actual release date. He's not stupid, though - never connected the game to the network. No bans, everything's fine and dandy. I tell him to play something better than same old pokeshit but apparently this one 'changes everything!'. Still don't care.

I mean on one hand, you've got to be a special kind of retard to try and play the online portion of any game a full week before release, nevermind ban hammers, best case scenario there's a more people other than you able to access and play the MP portion, worst case scenario there's literally no one else so it's pointless anyway

But on the other hand, Nintendo just goes full retard when it comes to stuff like this, did a banwave really need to be given out? Especially when there were multiple reports of street date breaking world wide? I know officially street date breaking is illegal, but cmon now, everyone knows it happens, and it will happen no matter how hard companies try to stop it from happening. Punishing pirates for playin early? I get that, especially since the leaked review copy had a specific identifying version number that they could easily single out in a banwave, instead they included legitimate copies that were used early anyway

Either way its a bunch of incompetence all around

Despite what some no-name german call center Nintendo 'employee' says regarding the bans, it's more than likely just a temporary ban.

it's like shooting a dude execution style except you put your foot between the gun and his head. And the guy ends up surviving anyway.

Comedy of fucking errors, m8.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Switch ends up like the 3ds and there is a back and forth fight between pirates and Nintendo.

Is the online portion even good? Did pokemon finally go from just trading/stats viewing/shit minigames?

I still haven't figured out how to use online in SuMo. And I don't know if I really care right now either.

Just go back to gen 3-5, it just seems to get worse every time they put out a new game, doubly so with this kind of crap security screwing the game.

its Festival plaza

So many dumb fuckers here it's amazing.

Yeah just like your post. Fuck off Reifag.

9/11 happened you fucking anti-american
Oy vey it's like another civil war!

Who are playing the game illegitimately before the release date sanctioned by Nintendo, which is a bannable offense. Paying for something doesn't mean you get to break the rules Nintendo sets for their games on their console. Get over it fag, cry harder over your pocket men sunny mooning.

Just got banned this morning. Took them fucking forever. Have second original 3ds, so fuck them, unbanning myself.

Reading this I just permabanned the Nintendo Switch from my wallet.

Did the customers get the memo?

yea when they made an account for using the system online. they got the memo not to use online services without nintendo's permission. they got another memo of the release date for the game.

its like eating undercooked salmon and wondering why you got the stomach flu

but nintendo customers didn't get a message that using online services before launch would get them banned. It's not in any of their ToS's.

A bit vague, don't you think?

if my friend tells me he's having a 3 day party with more people being allowed in as days go on and im invited for day 3, i don't go bitching about how big of an asshole he is for banning from the party because i ignored instructions and showed up day 1

That isn't the case here though faggot.

People who connect online with copies that broke street dates are actually retarded. Even more so if they think they can get away with it.

That said, banning the console from going online ever again is a fucking dick move on nintendo's part and just smells of desperation because they're making less money every year.

BUT IT'S OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

Yeah, because they're making dick moves. I don't know why you think "people who connect early are stupid," because the game shouldn't be handled like this. If you get a game days before release, then you can't stream it, but you should be able to play it. Instead you're siding with the kikes of Japan. These people make Konami and Capcom look like saints, they make EA and Activision blush.

They deserve to go bankrupt, and it's going to happen, because they think they're above having to service the industry, they think they can just keep doing their own thing. They refuse to get into mobile game development, even though their newest console is literally a fucking tablet with removable controllers.

And they think they're going to make it in the next generation (that they're jumpstarting because their current system is fucking dead in the waters for the same reason the next one will be; early abandon and low power) when they have nothing to appeal to the crowd they're marketing to. 20-somethings already have tablets and smartphones, and they don't want to play fucking Skyrim on an airplane.

? being over the age of 15 and actually giving any company money when you can just do things like pirate ??

they do shit like this because companies and capitalism aren't ethical, enjoy being cucked.

Oh and I pirated the game, it's shit, there's a retarded story and flags telling you exactly where to go all the time, so you're following this shit story without choice all the time. enjoyable if you're 4 years old I suppose.

Don't you even fucking go there.

And they're never gonna go bankrupt because retarded manchilds keep buying pokemon over and over again even though it's the same game every time, basically on par with CoD.
But I will agree the Switch is gonna fucking flop.They just never fucking learn.
However, the last thing I want to see is the industry shifting towards mobile gaming, with microtransactions everywhere.
Or pachinkos for that matter. Fuck you for bringing MGS3 up

I mean you aren't wrong but that doesn't make it any less shitty nintendo banned them.

literally no excuse, nintendrone. Stop this shit.

To my knowledge Nintendo is the only company to ban customers from going online with legal game copies. I know Sony and Microsoft have banned players in the past from going online early with pirated copies of certain games, but they didn't target paying customers. The fact Nintendo won't repeal the bans when said players provided proof of purchase is even shittier.
I still like some of Nintendo's franchises, but I'm not defending shitty practices like this.

Nintendo won't go bankrupt anytime soon. People seem to forget how successful some of their consoles (NES, Wii, most handhelds, etc.) have been, and that under-performing consoles (Gamecube, WiiU, etc.) still made profits, even if it wasn't as much as Nintendo would have liked. They can take a few more hits easily because something always happens for them to start printing money again.

Only a nintencuck could defend this shit, even Applefags have more self respect then you brainless sheep.

This is pure gold.

So, they feel entitled.

You're knowledge is a fucking faggot. Same shit happened to people who accessed any of the Halo games early, most got banned from Xbox Live for 9999 years or some shit. Rockstar banned people from going online early on for using mods in single player. I'm sure any Always Online game that has banned people has done that shit, as did any MMOs.

There's nitendrones, and then there's miyamoto descending from the top of nintendo's hq to shitpost himself

I connected once before the release and I didn't get a ban. But I immediately closed it when I did so maybe it didn't pick up on me.

At least its not

shit opinions. ll this merely proves that piracy is superior

Off yourself cuckmaster

Pokemon isnt even a game.

it's not even good, at least xy being the rehash it was let you go out and catch pokemon. i'm so sick of being stuck in tutorial games.

you mean poorly taken care of salmon. so, nintendo takes poor care of their properties (which makes sense).
i've never gotten sick from eating fresh salmon raw.

Sounds like good time for a lawsuit.