Overwatch wins Golden Joystick

In this day and age, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if emails got leaked showing a "rogue Blizzard staffer" messaging a PGA rep, asking what would improve their chances, and the rep replying "If you announced some characters were gay, it would show you're an ally of diversity…"

Other urls found in this thread:

playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20380626
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm gay and I play Overwatch because it has players that represent me. Not everything is a conspiracy, go back to Holla Forums

Man, stop trying to stir up shit.

Sub par bait but people will fall for it

I'd fall for those doubles all day bby
xoxo

What's bait about it? It makes me more comfortable knowing that the characters I like would accept me for me

I am a Big Simian and I play Overwatch because it has players that represent me. Not everything is a conspiracy, go back to /x/

How dumb are you OP? Have you seen the sales on overwatch? It's tremendously popular. It's dumb enough for CoD kiddies to get into, but is close enough to a MOBA for it to attract all the league and DOTA players and their friends. Not to mention all the streamers shilling it,

it makes me sad knowing that i can't call you out on looking towards fictional characters for affirmation because i do it too

you have to go back

You know it's a complete joke when reddit is full of comments questioning the nominees.

It's 2016. Didn't you know every single game released is "Game of the Year". It's marketing. It's not even a secret. They don't hide it. This is nothing new.

NO MAN'S BUY WAS NOMINATED FOR GOLDEN BONERS YOU FUCKING RETARD.

I'll give you a golden joystick, OP.

Overhaters btfo lol i knew it was a gud gaem how does it feel to be fukkin wrecked its the best gaem you fuks

Why do we have the same threads every single day?

Again and again every single day.
Doesn't it ever get boring for you guys?
There's literally no variation, these threads might as well be generated by bots at this point with the same responses randomly shuffled using templates.
It doesn't really impact the industry either, nobody outside Holla Forums gives a shit what Holla Forums thinks and they keep doing their own thing, so it's completely pointless in every way.

It's a sort of big screaming echo chamber.

I thought you guys all lost your jobs a week ago?
Either way kill yourself.

It was fan-voted. What did you expect? A lot of casuals play OW and nothing else. Pokemon GO getting 2 awards is already questionable.

So is this the Overwatch thread now?

>>>/suicide/

heh

the joystick is golden and so have i

Well maybe this board wouldn't be so shit if we had some good games to talk about.

if you play a game to live a life you supposedly have already, your life is shit

why are you people angry about gay characters coming from an American company?

USA is a country of faggots, electin Trump wont stop the sjw culture, we can still laugh at you.

Are you saying that with Mike "Jump the Fence you get the" Pence as VP? The same Mike "A shock a day keeps the gay away" Pence" that wants to use shock therapy to reprogram faggots?

If I can be the doubles advocate for a second, at the very least the fact that they haven't confirmed any sexualities up to this point shows that the characters have personalities beyond who they like to fuck. Trite one-dimensional personalities that do little more than fit them into generic character archetypes, but personalities nonetheless.

Not that it'll matter to the sjws, who will instantly strip those characters down to "this character is gay and that's all that matters" and complain if the character they want turns out to not be gay, but still.

let's talk about 9/11 instead

There's 2 explanations for that, depends on what you understand by GOTY.

If you mean GOTY game releases those are meant for GOTY nominations as they have all the patches and dlc.

If you mean everything's a GOTY it's because there aren't that many mainstream games coming out to begin with.

That actually is Chinese slang for jerking off.
Let's talk about Mokou instead.

looks like this thread isn't really going anywhere.

golden shitpost

Why even live.

What?
Also there's already OW threads up.

same

You realize that was proven fake, right?

You realize that when calling something a fake you're supposed to back it up with facts, right?

Let me guess
Blizzard's going to be complete fucking shitbags and not sell overwutch on discount or just have their faggy crates on sale, right?
Maybe my expectations are too high from that time jagex let you have a year of runescape membership for $3 when they won that time. Or when 2k gave Mafia 2 away for free.

Origins edition (and only it, not the normal, slightly less retarded version) is on discount goy, go buy it

Significant discount or is it like 15% off. Because some people have sold their still $20 games for like $0.50 when they were nominated, not even won.

I really want to say something along the lines of "Blizzard already paid for the award" but seriously who gives a fuck about the Golden Joysticks?

Significant Discount on origins edition, 5 bucks less than the normal edition would cost you, which is really just their way of lowering the price on PC by 5 bucks and pretending that it's a huge steal since all Origins gives you is some "exclusive" skins and misc shit for other Blizz games

Was a good goy and bought it, enjoying it for now, probably won't a few months down the line considering how repetitive it is

If you play DVA and don't get POTG every time you fucking suck

Just 40%, 'black friday' sale
playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20380626

So it's basically the same shit as GTAV when they claimed to be going on a huge sale but only the versions with shark cards?
Man, fuck blizzard.

Yah, pretty much, its sorta ridiculous that a few skins is supposed to justify an extra 20$

>original

I mean shit on OW all you want, bu what makes it unoriginal? Genuine question, It's too far removed from TF2 to say that it blatantly ripped off that

What's original about it?

Of course limp-wristed game journos wouldn't give awards to Pokken or King of Fighters.

Fuck's sake.

We could keep this going forever user, if you really want to get down to it what game is truly "original"? Hell, life in general what is really "original"? If everything is inherently derivative of something before it, stop beating around the bush and get to the point

Sorry, didn't mean to trigger you, I just asked what about overwatch was original enough for it to get an award. Didn't know it would set you off like that.

At least DS3 is the GOTY, which is leagues better than its competitors.

Look user I'm on neither side here, asked an honest question got a stupid answer, that was my reponse is all, so I'll repeat, what in general is original nowadays? And again what makes it so unoriginal?

Look user I'm on neither side here, asked an honest question got no answer, you didn't give a reponse is all, so I'll repeat, what about overwatch is so original that makes you think is original, and makes it deserve an award?

Do you really care about the fucking Golden Joystick awards this much user? It's not like this is some prestigious honor, Christ.

It's almost as if people here are trying to enforce their own perspective of what should be the status quo on Holla Forums, but because everyone is doing it and enforcing their own perspective at the same time, we end up with the opposite of an echo chamber, where nothing echoes, but everything is heard once. But while at first there was chaos, tribes start to form. And that's what Holla Forums is becoming, a battleground between tribes seeking superiority.

On an anonymous imageboard where the looming threat of constant waves of newcomers have prompted an identity crisis and the moderators have decided not to be the tastemakers, the people are trying to enforce their own ideals of what Holla Forums should be in order to keep it clear and pure. People reply with the same rote responses in similar threads to the same kinds of people, with identical arguments, pictures and stances. Every time, every day, the same thing, without fail. People no longer post with the intent of humor or debate, but to put others in their place and make an example. Liking X game will get you ridiculed, and Y opinions will only net you the same reactions you got out of other threads. It has gotten so bad that people instinctively respond to certain arguments with fixed statements without giving it a second thought. People here have gotten so used to replying to posts in a dismissive fashion that you have to go out of your way to drag others out of their shell into an actual discussion.

I've been told that the Democrats lost the elections because of their smug condescending behavior and unwillingness to debate, rather seeking to establish superiority for their infallible just ideals. I'm too sleepy to make the final connection, so I'll let you figure it out. What I do know, is that for a place which once touted its greater diversity of mindsets rather than diversity of race slowly turning into a playground where everyone is a carbon-perfect copy of eachother, is that I'll be stuck moderating a bunch of useless dumbfucks.

i dont play overwatch but it seems like a win/win for blizzard here
sjws praise the shity representation
if you dont like the gay you can target the gay and purge them repeatedly, which is the far better option of the 2.

Capped, It feels like its a bunch of CTR interns hurling handbook approved insults at each other here now more than ever, no one can ask any questions or have different opinions, can't even make threads about certain games without idiots coming in to sagebomb a thread they didn't want to participate in anyway

0.02c has been deposited to your account

You only need

More posts before you can afford a loot box.

Happy shilling

Go back to Gaf

Why are you capping your own posts Overcuck?

Tell me, friend. Why did you post this?

You're not wrong. But on the other hand, I like it in a way - some of my tastes would be considered pleb-tier by the hivemind, and others high-tier. I've found lots of interesting and fun games by paying attention to shitposting anons, and the general hostility of the board drives away faggots that we wouldn't want anyway.

In this case? Yeah, we WANT to be the DNC, isolating the flyover states with our own self-righteousness. We're not trying to bring more people in.

>>>/neofag/

I dont understand why would people want to talk about AAA trash here when every other fucking forum/website already does.
This board used to be about smaller releases, I still rememeber when Pathologic threads had 350+ replies.

Because this is a videogame board after all, not for niche/relatively unknown videogames specifically. If you thought that was what Holla Forums was like at any point in time before or after halfchan, you're mistaken. You could argue there used to be more threads of that kind, but telling people to go back to NeoGAF isn't going to create more of those threads, would it?

I know, fucking people voicing their opinions

Other than banning people making fun of overshit

I know its upsetting having people make fun of your favorite game, so please stay in your safe zone

Love how no one can name whats original about OW btw

We have id's here you fucking retard

(checked)
Nice one, Hitler.

Like it or not, AAA is part of the industry. I enjoy overwatch every now and then - it's got plenty of flaws, but comes together well enough. AAA is also prevalent simply because indieshit is so SJW-infested - there are a dozen Gone Homos for every Rimworld.

No there aren't.

user are you fucking kidding me, the cancer to actually decent ratio of smaller and independent studios is very much tilted towards the cancer end of the spectrum, don't pretend that it's not

No, but it would mean threads like these would be fewer much like posts like yours

Whats your point?
You do know changing your ID is as easy as clicking a button, right?

Jesus Christ son, you need to kill yourself adn your shit taste with it.
Maybe stop reading Kotaku and Polygon for indie games while you're at it

Not every indie is SJWshit
Plenty of trash ou there though

I agree that Holla Forums's general quality has dropped in the way you describe but you're also ignoring the fact that when people, like myself, started coming here in 2014 it was a relatively homogenized group with a shared goal. People like to point to gamergate as causing this places growth but really the main cause was support of free, unfiltered speech which could no longer be found elsewhere. The general drop in quality of posts "coincidentally" coincides with the growth of another board on here.

I mean, there aren't that many other shooters where you can play as a monkey. And I guess Winston's alright too.

What indie game did you want me to pull out as an example, EYE? DF? Those are even more rare, in a class of their own.

I do remember a huge decrease in quality when Jewt filtered anything offensive to "trigger warning" on cuckchan Holla Forums and those cancerous faggots started coming here.
Now Holla Forums doesnt even give a shit, crossposting has been normalized there.

>>>/suicide/

Redout, Dondonpachi, Rabi Ribi, Sora, Beholder.
Get some fucking taste you pleb.
Retards like you are the reason this board has gone to shit.

The way he just straight up delivers on those lines is pure gold.

(Hi Hitler!)
Why not? There is plenty of nintendo discussion already.

That what? Is that a euphemism for asian cock?

Have you ever bothered to open the catalog and count just how many threads we have open at any time? And then compare it to the number of users we have?

Holla Forums currently has 225 threads open. And about 2346 unique users. That's about 10 people per thread. 10 faggots could be circlejerking about game A in one thread while another 10 could be circlejerking about game B in a different thread without affecting each other at all. What's with this artificial scarcity with threads or users that you faggots always imply exists and that threads about things you don't like shouldn't be allowed because of some slippery slope you've imagined?

You have no one else to blame for the existence of threads about Overwatch and Paladins but yourself, you want someone to talk about your favorite games, you post them and talk about them and make them look better and more interesting. If you can't do that, don't be suprised if everyone else instead goes post about some other game they perceive as being better and if you can't even defend your game as a better alternative, then either discussing it with you is a worthless endeavour or it's not that great to begin with.

I mean, for fuck's sake. Open the fucking catalog at least for once in your newfag life, look at the damn threads and tell me where is someone interested in videogames gonna browse? Yet another "look at X thing, it's so bad!" thread? Or maybe "X genre is played by fags only, let's mock them!" thread? Or maybe go open the Doom thread and play the same game for the 156th time?

Go fuck yourselves, you and your template answers complaining about template shit, always thinking your subjective taste is the objective truth when you can't even defend it properly or make it sound interesting at all. Go fuck yourself, you and your idea that this board is too small for the incredibly small userbase we have, you and your conspiracy that we are valuable enough to employ shills but worthless that nobody hears our opinions. You do nothing but shitpost about bad things, games you don't like, people you hate, how terrible everything is and then you act outraged when everyone else joins threads about games where apparently someone's having fun. And not happy with that, just like a woman crashing in a guy's bar, you simply must go in there and make sure that nobody has fun that way because it offends you.

You faggots say "go to neogaf\reddit" a lot, but quite frankly… Go be fucking killjoys somewhere else.

user, If you truly think the Indie scene isn't 80% pozzed with most of the shit being arthouse fag shit brought to you by San Fran and (((Our Greatest Ally))) then you're fucking blind, not only has there been MORE indie crap shat out in the past 5 years, its gotten progressively more cluttered with that shit year after year

Hand picking 5 good indie games does not just make the 60 gorillion others shat out by the industry any less real, or less shit

the difference is Holla Forums's quality has stayed fairly consistent through it all, maybe it was the intense focus forced on the board by the election season, or maybe halfchan Holla Forumsacks aren't total cancerous faggots, either way it's a weird anomaly considering the overlap between Holla Forums and this board, you would think it would be better, not worse

I blame Mark for that

This is one salty Overcuck shill

Stay content with the board's declining quality, you are part of the problem

Some forums and communities can fall under a state of 'meta-stability', where banter/shitposting and serious discussion goes hand in hand, nobody gets overly autistic about trivial matters to the point of back-and-forth shitflingimg, and the mods don't really have to do interfere. Personally, I consider the RPGCodex to be one of those sites. There is a strong barrier of entry there, but not to the point of everyone actively shitting on outsiders (rather, the outsiders tend to get bored because nobody there wants to discuss their AAA games, not in a positive light at least) because there is still plenty of other discussion to be had.

Here, there is a larger sense of insecurity because casual games breed more casuals, as the saying goes. Usually when AAA games get talked about here, they are shat on (because they mostly are shit), and if people aren't doing so, well, they must be new, right? Nobody wants their precious board go to shit either. That's not to say retards are to be accepted, but rather that the witchhunt mentality is slowly becoming more detrimental than what everyone actually fears (if you want to see the fate of such paranoia, look at our neighbors). Newfags should be outed if they are outta line, but people are doing so out of fear and some kind of duty (he does it for free?) rather than being fed up with one's shit. The general idea behind that is that one should lurk moar and observe everyone's behavior before posting, but when everyone is already acting like some tribal identity politician, what's the point?

>>>/somethingawful/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/facebook/

Mate. Many of them have Twitter and Facebook accounts. They tell themselves it's to "redpill" normalfags, but still… They have a motherfucking Facebook account and regularly post on Twitter. And you don't even need accounts to read Twitter posts!

Good list and I do know Rabi Ribi had a few threads already here. Now tell me why are you in this thread complaining about threads where people talk about AAA shit instead of starting one thread for each of those games? Because everytime you open the catalog and wonder "why isn't there a Redout thread yet?" and instead of starting one about how much you hate something else, you're just contributing to the problem because you know very well it's not gonna be the Overwatch players that will start a thread about those games.
Oh and by the way, unless Overwatch gets 255 threads, there's always space for another thread about any of those games. You have no excuse.

I´ve seen some shit

user, have you actually been on Holla Forums in the past few months? Massive CTR shilling aside (Which has pretty much stopped now that Hilldawg is out and the protests are dying down) the board could not be in a better shape as a community, much more solid than Holla Forums is at least. Are you one of the christcucks that gets triggered by Kek worshoping?

Currently everyone's high off liberal butthurt, but drugs will wear out eventually

Well, it never was good quality to begin with, so I guess I see what you mean there.

Yeah, the thing that every non-american watched for fun because it didn't really affected him and yet we still had to endure all the bullshit that did and every bad habit it created from now on. Hurray for Trump, I guess.

If they took this long to switch over of if they still crosspost, yes they are total cancerous faggots. And if you think otherwise, that says more about 8/pol/ than it says about 4/pol/

Childish.

I'm sorry you have retardation and believe everything you read on the Internet is true as long as it satisfies your confirmation bias. Also enjoy your ban for shitposting, cuck.

Genuine question, why do you assume the other guy must play Overwatch?
Is it so you can easily fit someone in a certain stereotype and justify not having to elaborate yourself because the other is an overcuck? Because I'm interested in seeing you elaborate yourself, as doing whatever it is you are doing right now is not interesting, at least from an observer's standpoint, tying back to what I said before about people using canned arguments for situations which call for it.

not sure if a butt hurt Holla Forumsack or just a "le moderate middle position, ever1 is dum but me", either way we've gone too far down the rabbit whole to discuss the board quality of a completely separate board in a thread that's already devloved into a shingling contest about the quality of this board

Again, why are you so eager to fit someone in an easily identifiable stereotype first?

This guy goes into Overwatch threads and spams them while thinking sage is a downvote, what do you think?

lmao

i only here for the lewds

(checked)
Too busy posting on existing threads
And the skinnerbox addicts on the Overcuck generals could actually be playing and discussing good games instead of supporting and Blizzard and sharing Tumblr images.

Enjoy being banned if you dont follow their rethoric or dont circlejerk.
I'm sure being accused of being a shill for not agreeing with everything Trump has to say is great.

Keep being a passive agressive little bitch though

Check his other posts you retarded nigger, he makes it very clear that he plays that trash

kek
Time to go back
>>>/cuckchan/

It's just a "debate shortcut". By implying that someone enjoys something else and therefore clearly has bad taste, you invalidate everything they say as they cannot be right if they enjoy sad thing.
If this sounds like a fallacy to you, guess why.

It's often done not just out of laziness or insecurity in having an earnest discussion (although those play a part here) but also because it's accepted. Because many other will agree with his assertion even though it's incredibly fallacious simply because it confirms their bias, which in the end is the actual reason for many posters to visit Holla Forums. They do not want to learn of different opinions, they want to see their own confirmed and repeated by someone else.

Uh. Well, I could reply with "not sure if redneck or biblethumper" either but that would get us nowhere.

I'll elaborate on it since you asked:

In general there's 3, maybe 4 types of people that complain about Holla Forums:

Holla Forums, fairly obvious, butthurt that Holla Forums has seeped into pretty much everywhere but /a/ and Holla Forums, want to pretend like the majority of the board isn't right leaning or out right RWDS

Goons and other various sowers of DNC, again fairly obvious, want to just create more distrust and disruption of the board culture

Legitimately pretentious libertarians or other wise "rational middleground" people that think both sides are wrong and the answer is to say "I don't like any political ideology, right or left, get it off of my board" and make a fool of themselves in the process

and, like I said, the 4th, the occasional newfag that isn't used to people not buying the kosher narrative that lashes out against the le ebil nazis

Entirely fair, like I said this thread has gone so far off the rails, I would sage for offtopic if I knew that wouldn't even help at this point

2016 was a bad year for vidya

Wait who's the faggot character?

Good to know

About what? Games you don't like? Golden Joysticks that are meaningless to you being given to companies you don't want to support for games you don't want to play?
Just how many threads can you possibly have open and are actively posting in that you can't spare a few seconds to start one about those games?
Better yet, what's so interesting about those threads that you'd rather post there than posting in a thread about those other games you like?

You really don't get to complain about people posting in an Overwatch thread when you yourself would rather shittalk about stuff you don't like instead of posting in threads about the stuff you do like.

In what threads and what games? Do you seriously expect them to know any or to start those threads themselves?
If you actually believed what you preach, you'd be showing a better alternative instead of demanding that any and all discussion of a particular topic ceases and actually believing that they'll stop. You sound like a preacher that can talk about nothing but Hell.

And? What about it? Are Nintendo games forbidden on Holla Forums? Do you actually think that Mark can sway the masses of Nintendo players and he actually played that much of a role? Didn't E3 and many other different events have sticky threads much like the treehouse as well? Explain this connection about Mark liking Nintendo leading to an increase in Nintendo players posting here…

He used it as an adjective though. Because it describes you fags perfectly.

Those stereotypes do certainly hold some truth in them, though perhaps instead of resorting to a fallacy it's better to just not respond at all. It's not like anybody will gain anything out of it by doing so. I find that trying to determine whether the person I'm talking to is left or right or up or down tends to limit one's worldview, it's merely a label on an object or concept. Honestly, relying too much on labels is what got us in this mess, yet there's still people need to label everything in order to know what they're dealing with. If you ask me, people should learn to do away with labels, I'm more of an anti-labelist myself.

"Rational Middleground" people don't believe "no politics is good politics" and clumping them alltogether is dumb. Some do wish to have as little to do with politics as possible, others prefer to have as much to do as they can since they believe it's a matter of extracting the good things from the left and the good things from the right and sticking them together.
Me personnaly, I think it's best to keep government like a pendulum, swinging from right to left and vice versa every 4-8 years or so. Prevents one side from fucking the country too much on their own way but still lets them do their thing.

You are also doing that thing again where you label anyone that doesn't share your world view into fixed groups that nobody likes and agrees are bad so you don't actually have to engage them, the majority has already decided they have to leave.
There are a lot of posters, me for example, that would rather you fags keep the politics to the politics board and let Holla Forums be simply about videogames. Mixing shit up makes as much sense as posting videogames on Holla Forums and that shit gets you banned there.

Is it really that hard to conceive the idea that some people still like videogames as an hobby, something they do for fun at the end of the day when they come home exhausted from work, or when they want to do something fun with their friends? Do you think anyone in these situations would apreciate their videogames or the board they frequent to talk about videogames being turned into a political battleground where you can't talk about X videogame because the author likes communism, even if the game is genuinely fun for them?

Oh well, I wasn't expecting much more. Just a bit disapointed that you give up so fast.
Yes, I'm part of [bad, evil guys] so you don't need to engage me. Everyone already decided [bad, evil guys] is [bad and evil] and you can agree with everyone else, showing how original and unique you are as well as prove your wordsmith prowess by masterfully defeating me in an internet debate.
Huzzah, champion!

Bullfuckinshit

Your whole pseudo intellectual post was nothing but assumptions and replies based on awful reading comprehension.

I create new threads and post on existing ones, shittalking on garbage game doesn't stop that.
They don't need to, theres plenty of already existing threads with alternatives and actual good games.
You sound pretty new
No, that doesn't stop defending shit games and awful business tactics while looking up to a vidya company from being cancerous.
And thats when your post lost the few value it had

Who's a filthy homo in Overwatch?

Every single character

What else is new? Faggots and other degenerates need constant justification for their shit lifestyle, which is why they want said lifestyles to be considered normal, since deep down inside they know they're only one butthurt away from killing themselves.

What are you, a Britbong?

Why the fuck does this shit game deserve a general? This only sets a precedent that garbage games can freely be posted here. Can't wait for this thread to be a reason why garbage like undertail can be brought back here. After all, if the bar is this low then why not flood Holla Forums with garbage game threads?

Thank dog a purchase was avoided.