Video Game Characters

What are your favorite video game characters?
From an aesthetics standpoint &/or personality-wise.

It's a very broad topic, I know. You don't have to vividly explain why if ya don't wanna.
Just post characters that you find to be nice to look at, likeable or even fun to hate, etc.

My favorite character is you, OP.

well that got gay fast

What can I say, I'm attracted to unbearable faggots who can literally not stop sucking dick even long enough to make a thread.

I know many on Holla Forums find shitposting easier than thinking & thus avoid broad topics, but to offer an example with detail.
I really like Alice. The blend of beauty & crazy, often with a contentious no-nonsense attitude.
All her dress designs are nice to look at & fit the overall theme for the levels.

I would, however, have liked if the dresses played a role in the gameplay maybe because I'm used to costume changes giving power-ups & whatnot. Special abilities for each dress would have been nice.

so was he sucking dick while making the thread then?

My waifu.

+1

Arguably there isn't a lot of detail regarding Peach's personality. Generally, I'd say it's sweet, bubbly & caring. Her pleasing design of blonde, pink & frilly is reflective of that.

I like this floating coat guy from Donkey Kong 2 that goes "nyuk nyuk nyuk" after throwing things at you.
That sound & his wiggly, waving coat sleeves really stick in my head.

Favourite weapon/item thread.

She's only a slut if you are

kek

tbh, drugman is best, especially when you down someone, and can set up some wire to electrocute them as the end of a round.

something about clowns that make me think of old Barnum & Bailey Circus and the renaissance. plus Kefka is alot like me intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

Doomguy isn't a character, fuck off Tom Hall.

Reasons given in order:

No amount of shitty clones can devalue THE original white haired pretty boy villain.
This one is genius bit. Just puttin level 30~ something fully geared character along with level 1 protag, while he was around level 10-12 before, really accentuated that his strength is not just informed attribute.
Other games did this since, but Sephy really left lasting impression with this.
Great character, great establishment of archetype, great villain.

Not to mention he started/cemented a shitload of villainous tropes/elements that are kept being used ever since.

That's just a super powered joker rip off though.

The best

God tier

Only correct answer
/thread

Excellent taste. I don't think I have a waifu ,but if I did it would definitely be Alice. In new game plus each dress receives some power up except for the queen dress which hard limits your health to four roses. Siren dress is objectively the best.

How did this thing not become SJW icon?

Reminder to post on >>>/alice/.

Toriyama please go.

Probably because she is wearing revealing clothing and was made in Japan' AKA problematic misogyny central
that doesn't make her a good character though, lightningfags are just as trash as their shitty waifu

Discuss.

Rate me

Will do.

I agree. However as the Mcgee said on here the EA jews are mostly to blame for fucking over the game and cutting as SHITLOAD of content because hurr time is money durr.

To answer the OP question. I gotta go with Notim Portant.

The character and game itself uses an aesthetic that really drives the point that he is absolutely evil and nihilistic. Personality wise he is also unique in that his "edgyness" is played straight and not intentionally done for humor or laughs. As a counter-example in postal, GTA, Deadpool, etc., there is always an element of humor that reduces/diminishes the seriousness of the violence and carnage.

Listening to Notim Portants monologues also gives you the impression that he really truly doesn't care about anything but destruction and death.

There are also certain subtle elements to his personality that go unnoticed. At the very end of the game he accepts his own death without much of a care but for a brief moment he hesitates pressing the detonator. If you watch it almost looks like he is either caressing it or even perhaps having one last moment of moral quandary where he asks himself "do I really want to kill all of these people?". The truly monstrous part is that he makes this pause and that despite his decision no longer mattering either way, he still decides to push the button. It's one thing to be a one-dimensional monster that always defaults to the evil option. But it is much more unsettling to have a villain who recognizes the gravity of what he is doing and still decides to do it anyway.

There is just something about that level of sheer hatred, evil and determination that is fascinating.

My friend….an user after my own heart.

Don't drink and post user's, you will only make yourself look like gibbering retard.

One of the best psychopaths ever produced by Japanese fiction, along with Yoshikage Kira.

I didn't know who this guy was so I looked him up, he's from an eroge VN? Are they good if I don't want to fap to them? If so, which one do I start with?

Eroge just means "a VN that has sex in it." Nukige are VNs that you're meant to beat your dick to.

Fate/Stay Night is honestly a good a starting point as any, if you have the patience for it. Katawa Shoujo is baby's first VN, but the story is hardly for everyone. If you want something faster, as in finish in less than eight hours fast, there's Saya no Uta.

I like the 'realists' who can see the world for what it is. Not edgy brooding dark tragic-backstory carrying rude emo with an attitude problem with background as an excuse anti-hero like devs like to push nowadays, but not stupid believing everything is good idiot hero either.

They just see reality as it is. Not cruel, not beautiful, it just is. And live as they like and think it is best, while aware of own shortcomings, time to time hypocrisies, and other stuffs.

You're fucking retarded and no importante is a shit tier character.
I'm a professional doctor and i'm going to cure you from your shit taste.

You're going to play this game and focus on Caim as a character.
I don't give a shit if you can't stand the gameplay, this is your medicine, it's not going to have a good taste, just gulp it down and you'll be cured afterwards.

My waifu dressed as your waifu

Oh shit; he's the goddamn narrator the whole time?!?

The more I poke around into the DEEPEST lore, the more I find he is just like I am. (Except I really don't care for chocolate.)

Bandit a cute

This.

When was Chara the narrator?
He's only the commentator on genocide routes, on pacifist he's not even much of the plot

Chara is the narrator on all routes. There's a shitload of evidence that's been dug up, and someone (who has way more time than I do) managed to gather it all together, which forms the first portion of this.

determinators.tumblr.com/post/143284030397/greetings-uh-so-ive-been-working-on-this

The rest is basically an argument for "why Chara isn't evil", to which your mileage may vary. But the narrator stuff is pretty undeniable.

You sound like OP fucked your bootyhole a little harder than you might have liked

And I thought Tom Hall was autistic…

Or maybe you're a slut because she is

you're such a kidder steve

Just gave it a try and dear god.

If your idea of a superior character is JoJo playing whack-a-mole with a sword and casting MAGIC MISSILE! I have nothing but pity for you.

Also reminded me of that old Freakazoid skit with hero boy.

In a series were all the "bad guys" try and justify what they do, he just loves being fucking evil

mierde

I don't know if this counts
I find the idea of the meta of Dark Souls PvP being defined to something specific to the point where it's a character itself. Anytime you see someone using X combination of gear, you know you were in for some shit. There are probably examples of this in other games, but this is the worst I know of.

Valtr is one of my favourites just because of his voice actor, he does such a good job that it's just a pleasure to listen to him talk. Grigori also has a great voice actor but I also like him anyway, he just wants to find someone man enough to kill him so he can be freed from his duty. Throughout the game he doesn't care about any of the cultists or monsters that gather around him, the only thing he respects is you and the fact you stood up and tried to fight him.

purest form of cancer

The "OP shitlord fuck-your-shit-up build" has been a thing since demon's souls.
The kind of character that spawns, runs at you, and you immediately unplug your router.

These are my picks.

Doomguy's not a proper character, but he kills demons with that face on and got demoted for not killing civilians, he's cool in my books.

I am absolutely using that line in the future.

Why did John Freeman become the Reaper?

I can't play games that lack the color green. I'm not talking about the shit tier light or dark green, oh no. What a proper game needs is a lively shade of lime green; the color of nature, right choices and a happy lifestyle. If i have to give an example, Blazblue Calamity Trigger severely lacked a healthy dosage of green in its aesthetic. Sure there was Bang but
Stop fucking with me. As a result that game ended up being total shit. At least for me. But the good people at Arc System Works quickly recognized their mistake and added Hazama in the sequel Continuum Shift. He has an interesting playstyle revolving around green snakes, his hair is green, color palette overall began to include more green and everyone became happy. This same reason is also why i can't get into Guilty Gear. Their colors all clash with each other, creatin a clusterfuck of a show and yet there's no proper green to be seen at anywhere. I don't want to play as red hothead or blue handsome or orange kid or blue yellow black white dark-green ms. my wings are moving on their own, i want to feel the liveliness and the joy of a character. When i found that Raven from would be appearing as a DLC for GGXrd #Revelator i was super excited because he was kick ass to play as in Overture but no, they turned him into some edgy ying yang boring anime psychopath number 8.

I agree with everything you just said, but, ah, the dresses do have special abilites. Granted they don't function until you've beaten the game, but they are a gameplay factor.

das it mang

What a shitty idea. You never grab a chainsaw by the blade except for maintenance and repair.

Is he some new green autist, or some pasta I never saw before?

Best ever.

Nomura get out.

But that's just…A GAEM THEEREEEEEEEEE

First and probably most easiest choice of fun characters is metal gear rising.

So far the abyss watchers and the soundtrack are the only thing standing out for me with dark souls 3. I dont know how I feel about the removal of upgrading armor

You could atleast be gay for josuke.

w-what game is that Selene girl from? I think I'm in love

Dragons dogma

Sir Daniel Fortesque

Garl Vinland

The Master

Prince Vorkken

Sam Fisher

There are other characters I really like, of course, but those were the first ones to come to mind.

Oh shit wrong one

My favorite metal gear games are MGS2 and MGR. Fite me m8.

Are you sure? This is what she looks like in-game.
I don't want you to be disappointed like I was.

Maybe the blurry graphics of the PS3 were better after all

I have a thing for cowboy looking characters, as well as masked ones.
Personality wise I like ones who have a goal and try to achieve it, despite the odds and their own shortcomings. Maybe I like them because that's what I'd like to be.

I like this kind of character too.

Damn this thread is filled with fags

Gets me every time

Like your taste lel

You forgot to mention that Valtr is also aesthetically perfect.

If there's ever a game that deserves being remade it's Alice Madness Returns. The artbook is like a collection of broken dreams.

Shame her in-game model isn't like this.

Still miffed he didn't get his DLC chapter. I guess it would be kinda broken given he's FUCKIN' INVINCIBLE.

+1 on both accounts. The VAs really bring the character to life.

For my faggot picks…
1. Oichi (Sengoku Basara) - probably my favorite Capcom character, great design, fun to play as, fantastic voice work (both original and dub) and a great story of someone just descending into madness until they eventually snap. (In all honesty, I could just make this about Basara characters; haven't touched the game in ages but a lot of its cast remains fresh in my memory.
2. Executioner Alfred (Bloodborne) - a interesting twist on the "Solaire type" in every Souls game (same VA too), always polite and collected until the end of his quest where he bludgeons the Vileblood queen with a fuckin' torture wheel.
3. Dante (Devil May Cry) - just a fun character even if he has some cringey moments. I miss the ol' bugger.
4. Darkstalkers - bit of a cheat here. IMHO the best cast in a fighting game. And Morrigan is probably the closest I had to a waifufag phase.
5. Thaler (Witcher 3) - this game/series has a shitload of interesting characters (Regis, Letho, Olgierd, Dijkstra, Avallac'h etc) but this cunt takes the cake just for teaching rock trolls how to cuss.

Finally a video where someone let's the dialog go.

Top Tier opinion, would agree with.

Do the Whisperers really count as characters? They're essentially robots made to go grab the swords.

I like characters that are almost complete mysteries outside of the fact that they get shit done and they don't wax philosophy over it. Not necessarily bounty hunters, but more like their actions are brutal and precise enough that justification is the last thing they need to explain.

I just really like their design. It's a pity they didn't get more screentime in the game - would have killed for a sentient Whisperer waifu or daughteru

Is that supposed to be rebecca dressed as h.u.n.k.?

They've never taken the mask off. She acts like a Japanese schoolgirl version of HUNK.

Where is it from though?
And the character model has to comefrom somewhere, the only RE girl tobe petite enought to fit that model is rebecca.

Revelations 1 HD version DLC. Second game had it as a costume for a character. Both were only in Raid mode, so she isn't entirely canon.

Whoopsie, meant for

There go my hopes of a cosplaying rebecca.

cosplay Lady HUNK instead? I mean, I can't even tell if she's wearing short shorts or not. That's like half the budget gone right there.

There's a lot of vidya with a lot of great characters, even some games I don't even play.

I suppose these are some characters that have stood out to me over the years; both in terms of personality and/or appearance.

I don't play ASSFAGGOTS, but I think the character art for Dota2 and League are (mostly) nice.

I think I may also have a thing for the valiant, well-dressed blonde.

why?

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

The only good thing about overwatch are some of the character designs yet you choose one of the most generic looking ones. That character could have been in any of the modern blizzard games.

I really like Captain Lasky. Unlike other captains in Halo, Lasky doesn't try to be cool, he doesn't have a catchphrase, he's just a UNSC guy doing his job.
he also gets to fugg Palmer

Because I like her look. That's what this thread is about, after all.

I like what I like. Sorry, chum.

i like cute girls who do big damage

You're reading way too much into it.

Kill yourself faggot.

Shadow is my favorite Sonic character but honestly he should have stayed dead, even if I enjoy any chance I get to play as him his character was only done right in SA2.

I want to cheat and just put every Character from Devil May Cry Since I find them all so enjoyable but funny enough my favorite character from the series is Sparda even if he's never actually been shown in the flesh.

But Asides from that M Bison is my go to Street Fighter character.

Kain is just straight up awesome he a character that just got better as I got older.

why, what's wrong with those girls?

They're not girls and you know it homo

Why can't real girls be as cute as this?

Why?

And just like that, I get the need to replay KOTOR again.

Those are not girls, user.

The three point coat is fucking cool. The mix of semi-futuristic armor and cuirass, with anachronistic elements like the archery sleeves, the shamanistic robe and the sauvastika knots make for a unique and awesome design.

You chose, poorly

ayy

I want to be drained by Alice.

Where did you get this; how was it made? This is both triggering and arousing.

Easy there, Ryuken.

YOSH!

Spoonfeeding because it promotes Alice, howlsfm.

Very nice. Thanks a bunch.

That's not how he looks in the first game. Is it from the second or is it fan art?
As for Rimanah, that's just narcissism.

I like unique character designs.
Realistic humans in muted colors in general don't standout very well to me.
Normally I favor something with at least one strange article of colorful clothing.

From a design standpoint I don't see a lot of characters that look interesting to me.
Looking at Yooka from Yooka-Layle I see a character just one article of clothing away from being a great character.
He should anything more than nothing.

I also like ones that have 2 standout colors
For instance in OPs post I like the cotton candy colors of Biker from Hotline miami and the candy cane colors of Amaterasu from Okami.
Speaking of candy cane one of the best examples is Assassin's Creed.
Character design sounds like a really superficial aspect, but had Altair been in a drab brown cloak than the series would have no iconic look to it and be a far lesser game because of it.

u jelly there bra?

I love Gabe coz of silvermania
I.M. meen coz of ytps
robotnik coz of pingas
Wario is a good goy like Seinfeld
& Tony Hawk, nuff said

Curly stooge's ghost

that's what I need.

Max is my man

That's actually a really interesting concept, like sure it's easy to shit on giantdads, havelmoms and cosplay builds for being uncreative builds since so many people use them, but that itself can be an interesting appeal. People have given the giantdad build an actual personality and character traits despite it being nothing more than a set of equipment and stats.

Armor upgrades were shit because it encouraged you to stick with one set for the entire game despite the fact that there is little reason to switch to any armor piece you come across, unlike weapons where only a few weapons will be perfectly optimized for your build. I don't even like weapon upgrades anyways since there's not much point to them, though I do like infusions.

Dragon's Dogma, she's a semiloli and you can romance her. Technically you can romance any NPC but she is one of the few with special dialogue for it. Just make sure to do the quest in the beginning to search for Quina otherwise you'll never be able to do Selene's quest.

I actually came in here to say this.
I don't know what it is about the little bastard, but I love him.

He is pretty fucking great.

saved that poop

Delita because he did nothing wrong.
Also it always made me laugh that the other heroes in D2 when entering the Arcane Sanctuary for the first time are either all "what the fuck is this abomination" or "this is so messed up" and the necro is just "woah this is fucking cool, I should stick around for longer". Necromancer also drops some sweet one liners throughout the campaign

Eliwood>Hector

Orta was my first vidya waifu.

Hell I was still young back then so it wasnt even pedo! I am now ofcourse.

If we all had a mentor like Snakeman, humanity would be a whole lot better.

Drunk slut tbh.

How can her legs be around him and so far up and yet have her torso at that angle?

You don't start with the hero's cloth but can get them in time.

A selfless servert of Ilmater, General with true grit and Deb, the one girl who doesn't seem to mind the crazy weirdos on her show.

Good choices mang.

Lyndis>Hector>Eliwood. Felt bad when his father died.

Sedna taught be about compassion, even when I was receiving none from the bullies at school.
Black wings Nina I've always liked, her wings are beautiful as well.
Like Iris from the juxtaposition between her and Plutia.
Hakon is the sort of leader you that would get you through the end of the world.

You all have shit tastes.

I've never been so disapointed in you guys for not posting this

such a magnificent bastard, and so gloriously smug.

Patrician taste.

enjoy your little niggerjew

Marco Rodriguez from Garou is a Brazilian nigga with more battle competency and personality than Sean. Sagat has the best character development and writing in Street Fighter.

anyway phil collins is the best gta character and vidya character overall, second place goes to the collins approved waifu

i AgrEe. itS nOt FUnnY tO MAKe fUn of pEOpLe WiTh DISaBilITies.

wew lad

Back in D3 as paid dlc…

*sigh*

Chunnersssss

I love VJ. He single-handedly made MVC3 good, and his own games are even better.

check em and stay in your containment thread protected by king kike

Joshua is probably my favorite video game character. Despite not being religious, I like how Fallout New Vegas handles religion in general.
And Yuuka is the best Touhou.

I like lolis in wheelchairs.

The Witch Doctor was the only class that made Diablo 3 enjoyable until Wyatt Chen ruined the class to a point of no return. It's one of the two classes that has the most unique dialogue with any character (the other being Crusader, who is a gung ho retard about everything). It's also not a rage-a-holic-tryhard faggot or a cocky-tryhard faggot like the other classes.

Aesthetic or look-wise, anything from Ghouls and Ghosts/Makaimura. Sometimes simple designs make better-looking characters, and I'm a sucker for anything that looks like it came from old artists like Go Na Gai or Yasushi Nirasawa.

So basically you're a shut-in, pathetic faggot who thinks he's smarter than everyone else for using big words not even he understands.

Butt is one of the last decent characters to come out of SNK. It's a shame he's only in one game.

And yea, Sagat isn't that bad either even though SF's story is a complete joke.

Right in the feelios.

Can you explain?

nice

The reason Doomguy was stationed on Mars during the first Doom was because he was given orders to fire at civilians for some reason. He refused and assaulted the officer who gave the orders instead.

THE WORST THE WORST THE WORST THE WORST THE WORST THE WORST

i didn't even saw it.Fuck me

Zappa from Guilty Gear is simply the most fun character in a fightan I've ever played and I won't even touch Xrd until they add him

Get out of here.

Tharja aka best girl in Nu-Fire Emblem aka mai waifu!

Why is she perfect Holla Forums?

AMOS MOSES WAS A CAJUN
LIVE BY HIMSELF INNA SWAMP
HE HUNT THE ALLIGATOR FOR LIVIN'
JUST KNOCK EM INNA HEAD WIT A STUMP

Selvaria and Nobunaga look amazing and did nothing wrong. They both deserve to be in a canon timeline where they won.

Or at least in Selvaria's case, breaks free from the bastard controlling her.

Try giving her normal form's hair style, change it to black and then adjust her hat to be slightly smaller to fit and on her new, non-retarded hair

He should have been the main villain.

WAGA AI YO

I did like Yuri Lowell. He wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty and really do what needed to be done.

Rance without Tori just feels… wrong. I don't know how she did it, but she made Rance feels loveable. Try playing new Rance games and then go back and play Sengoku Rance.

The greatest video game character of all time. Hildibrand Helidor Maximillian Manderville

Ahh man… Kyle had such a believable, down-to-earth character. Outwardly rough and cynical, but inwardly he was hurting and yearning for answers.

That's what I loved about that game. Every character had so many layers to them. There was not a single one dimensional character in that entire game.

You dingus; that's because it's just you. It's your self insert murder-boner given flesh. You absolute narcissists.

pic related best grill

Junpei was a character written with an adorable adolescent charm. There's no pretense of being perfect with him - he's a stupid fuck-up in many ways and yukari spends much of early story BTFO'ing him, but has a heart of gold and grows into a much more mature young teen by the end of the game.

I liked all the character aesthetics in Oni, especially Konoko.

That looks like Deviantart: The Game.

And Greg.

I want to know more about Lilith, but I'm secretly worried she's waifu material and I don't want a jailbait waifu.

Pretty much underrated, and needed more fanarts.

Max Payne and Snake (preferably how he was written in MGS1).

basically Lilith half of Morrigan's soul and powers sealed away to protect Morrigan from destroying herself. Jedah gave her a body to lure Morrigan and steal said power. Lilith is generally more cheerful and bubbly than Morrigan. Cute as all hell too.
But she's like thousands of years old, user. at least as old as Morrigan

This, Alice is a great design. If only the game was better. Aesthetics arent everything.

Fire Emblem pre-awakening is rife with great designs too. Path of Radiance stands out.

visually i liked all the characters in asura's wrath

I like all the gear.

Smoking with a helmet
Nigga how

Well, it is supposed to be a western tribute to GiTS so I don't blame you for shitting on the artstyle

I've only ever played Sengoku Rance. Which game should I play next?