DC fan

What are some GOOD super hero videogames Holla Forums? Pics not related

Other urls found in this thread:

retrosega.com/game.php?id=205
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All arkham games, excluding Origins and including or excluding ak if you can get it to run properly which I did, are very good games. I managed to 100% all of them, but I'm a completionist whore so my opinion doesn't matter.

No they aren't. Kill yourself

you're not making sense

Why didn't you like them?

i would those orca tittys

AA and AC were decent 7/10, AO 5/10 and AK 3/10
imho

I have to admit. That is pretty impressive. But is the gameplay any good?

Are you really telling me Injustice isn't a horrible fighting game user?

Threads like this always make me think of how wasted DC Universe Online's potential was. It could have easily been a legitimately decent game in the hands of a good dev and publisher, but combat was poorly implemented (example: rolling never dodged projectile attacks like it was supposed to, and you needed to be blocking at least ten seconds in advance of an attack for the game to register that you were blocking), there was a paywall every five steps you took, and the community was full of people who seemed to have actual learning disabilities.

that's not what I meant, read OP again
also it absolutely is, together with both recent MK

That's because the DC universe IS shit.

Fuck, meant to put Recent, not good.

what dragged AK down was the fucking vehicle bullshit. its like, i get it, you wanna show off the bat mobile, doesn't mean you have too make the game around it, also revealing the joker shit halfway through the game was retarded.

Because they're shit games

the joker shit in both origins and knight was massively retarded, they killed him and had no idea what to do later

I loved Arkham City. There's just a beautiful feeling of satisfaction in beating a dude against the ground so hard that their head hits the floor, bounces up into your fist and then bounces back into the ground. And getting a really big combo counter in the challenges, while there's ninjas, shieldfags and the electric sticks.

The joker shit was retarded, but I FUCKING LOVED the tank sections. I feel like those parts and those mechanics can be used to make a whole complete game unrelated to batman.

o-ok, be gentle, user-sama.

yep, origins should have been about batman's lesser known enemies and him making mistakes. while knight should have been him fighting that "worst monster" he always talks about when someone brings up killing the joker.

and they should've done that, don't fuck with the flow of AC and AA with a gimmick

What?

Any where you can kill superman.

superman 64 gives you suicidal thoughts and you play as superman, close enough?

lex, go home

That's just like, your opinion man

I want a Flash game.

nice

Never ever

comic book "artists" are hacks

It would be too easy.

he's in the fourth dimension, how would you light it?

Why would light work any different with an added dimension?

Well which is it user?
A game can't be good and shit at the same time.
Do you mean popular games?
Do you mean they are shit in how they relate to the comics?
Answer me you fucker.

well the artist is trying to make it look strange, i mean look at the 3d thing he's doing with the art.

see

Prototype-like movement with super-speed would be really cool.

Just make up some reason why Flash can't access his full power all of the time and you're good.

With only one page as a reference I have to conclude that he is a fucking hack who doesn't know how lighting works and uses shadows as an excuse for lazyness.
Like in the first panel, the Superman logo is extremely well lit whereas the areas directly next to it are bathing in darkness.
In the last panel the shadows make no sense even if you take that vortex as a light source.

Either an origin story, or one of the versions of Flash that isn't so ridiculously OP. Either Flash from Superman: TAS (which also has a not so OP Superman), or Kid Flash from Young Justice would work well for that. They're both fast, but not OP.

Put that video to play at 2x speed in the settings

here, have more refrance

Here you go, user.

Yeah nah hes a certified hack

okay fine but too be fair most recent games are shit so you really shouldn't be surprised.
also

Has DC been getting shitty too? I thought it was just Marvel hitting everything with the diversity stick

You tell me.

That comic was cancelled long ago. For some strange reason, no one wanted to buy it.

>>>Holla Forums

Oh no. Did they turn Batgirl into a huger bitch too?

Marvel: Let's just keep getting crazier and crazier
DC: Oh shit no one bought our stuff, fuck it let's do what we did before and make comics.

Here's where that bastion of libshit smugness, the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, sits.

Impressive

Not if your enemies were also fast and you needed fast reflexes to do combos and play him properly

That was supposed to release the same time as the Batman games. Flash seems like a far better fit for a videogame than supes since flash is about going fast.

Can you still be a DC fan? In this day and age of pro feminism, pro censorship and boring stupid useless story line reused over and over?

Hell the ONLY positive thing about DC is, they aren't as bad as marvel yet.

whats going on here

That was fucking adorable.

Why didn't he just destroy the goddamned thing then?

The entire Batman: The Brave and the Bold series is pretty great. Has a nice musical episode with the Music Meister too, and Aquaman is perhaps the best character in the series.

Superman grabs Bruce's old gun that someone put in the batcave and is going to use it to fight the two clones of hitler that are leading the man-bat mutants in the post apocalypse.
I'm not joking.

DC kicked those hacks out with Rebirth. Nearly all the SJWs are working for Marvel.

By comparison look t Marvel writers twitter accounts on the same day

godspeed supes

See

I really hate comics

sadly the flash is way too pozzed these days. but when wally west took over the mantle after barry allen disappeared in the comics, there were several years of just the right power level for a great video game.
Wally could run fast, do tricks like going up walls, and all that, but 'so fast that time stops' was a power stunt he only pulled off when it was that or death. also, he had to stop to eat whenever he went nuts with the speed tricks. (it was probably psychosomatic since eating a half-dozen hotdogs could never generate the speed to go mach 2, but it worked as a balance thing.)

Miaw

Post your art?

There are some decent DC beat'em ups on SNES, as well as that DC fighting game.

That series is mostly good for the mega-autistic writing. I'm always saying that artist is overrated but nobody ever agrees with me.

The trick with the very high-powered heroes in video games is that in their actual stories, it isn't random mooks that ever give them trouble, it's tricky traps and powerful supervillains. But in a video game, you want some regular enemies. You want some enemies who work like goombas. Batman and Spider-Man can face a reasonable challenge from gang members, but Superman and The Flash shouldn't be at all challenged by them. Their mooks would have to all be aliens or demons or something. And for Superman that makes sense for the story, but not so much for Flash.

But at least Flash doesn't face the problem of unlimited flight along with his super speed. That's what I think would really make most Superman games feel gimped. Yes, I know Flash should be able to run across the universe, but in a game you can kind of excuse it. Superman, though, has no excuse for not being able to fly around the whole planet, unless you make the story specifically about Brainiac putting the city in a bottle. But then that's only one game. And it doesn't work for Flash.

They work well together. Marvel deals with his own types of shit. What you should be mad about is the fact that they gave up and just started calling him Shazam. But at least we're getting The Rock as Black Adam soon.

How the fuck do you do it?

By being autistic. Why else do you think I come to these laotian cave painting imageboards?

At least have standards. Fucking capeshit.

Do you eat shit?

Crackdown is a superhero game and if you disagree then fuck off.

You don't understand. You will never find a more lucrative source of autism potential than in the DCU. Marvel tries but doesn't quite get there. We have lorefags here who think shit like Elder Scrolls has a complex world or story. But DC has more complex mythology than any real world religion. People think it would have been made less complex due to "reboots" and "retcons," but that's only because they don't understand that those things aren't actually reboots, they just make everything much more complicated. You can never, ever read all of it, and if you do, it will still take a very long time to understand it. And that's the fun of it.

Also, while a lot of it is shit, you're just being ignorant to imply it all is. There's plenty of good stuff.

You'd think InFamous would have made WB realize a Static game could be good. But they're too busy ruining and ignoring the series to actually capitalize on a generation that for some reason remembers and likes that cartoon.

To deal with the problems Superman faces a good Superman game would have to be abstracted to the point where it's a puzzle game or RPG. Superman's much more about "what should I do" rather than "how do I do it".

If Nintendo weren't so shit these days I'd be asking for Paper Superman: World of Cardboard

There are plenty of good Superman stories actually about smashing aliens and robots. They're not the ones that are always the most memorable, but they can still be entertaining, and they could work for a game if you could find a reasonable way to make Superman's powers work in a video game without feeling gimped.

My idea would be to have the story be about Brainiac bottling the city. It would still need to be a very large city, but it could work if you slowed down his flying enough. The idea Superman Returns had of giving the city a health bar makes sense, but Superman should also have one. Just Superman's own health bar wouldn't be that hurt by most regular mooks. Then you can go around the city and fight all the supervillains and shit that you would expect in a game.

retrosega.com/game.php?id=205
Here you go. hope you enjoy going fast

You have shit taste if you haven't played best DC game.

Just use any of the various times he isn't god-man. Fleischer is perfect.

lelno

Doctor Cortex from Crash Bandicoot was clearly based on it, making it Holla Forums related.

Also, it's the first one.

Was Second Son and First Light any good?

Second Son was pretty good but very short. Better than the first game but not nearly as good as the second.

First Light was very good for standalone DLC. Much more substantial than that vampire one that InFamous 2 had. Almost as good as Second Son itself, at least considering it was sold at a much lower price.

Second Son also had this fairly cool arg thing where you do stuff in the game that then leads you to clues online and stuff like that. I'm sure a lot of people completely missed or ignored it, but it added a fair bit to the game, which is important since the game is quite short.