SS13 - Space Station 13 General

What is Space Station 13?
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

How can I play?
You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is presently unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience possible. The BYOND client is presently compiled for Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE. You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client download: secure.byond.com/download/

Server #1
IP: byond://jinteki.industries:5513
Tickrate - 0.5 // Random Names ON
Map: DreamStation
Git Repository: gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016/
Issues: gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016/issues

Alternate Server #1
IP: byond://74.91.121.114
Tickrate - 0.6 // Random Names ON
Map: MetaStation
repo: github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station
issues: github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/issues

It's good to be back ;^)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-orEiOP4dQ&list=PLeGSKiHvKHva39rLVPoEl108PJ0mxbCd_
tgstation13.org/wiki/Swarmers
tgstation13.org/wiki/Slimepeople#Slimepeople
github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are we saved? Is the GitGud menace dead again?

Reported for duplicate of

Use the catalog.

finally a proper thread

That thread didn't use the proper pasta, otherwise I would've seen it before I made this one.

this tbh honest laddy

That's up to you, the server needs players to populate it, and at least 1 coderfag to maintain interest in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=t-orEiOP4dQ&list=PLeGSKiHvKHva39rLVPoEl108PJ0mxbCd_

found a playlist of how to code

THIS MAN IS YOUR FRIEND. HE FIGHTS TO PREVENT NUCLEAR ARMAGEDDON.

Nth to
WHEN WILL WE GET C U T E SLIME GIRLS?

when you code them, fagit

pastebin.com/FNgYH23a

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE SO SHIT AT THE GAME YOU NEED TWO TO BE SHITTER?

Noobpwnt4lif3 Niggakiller420, CONFIRMED butt buddy meta shitters

thank fuck, GitGud's circlejerk has gotten old

Reminder

You nigs need to play. I wind up a ling every round because nobody wants to play.

Anywho, some things to note.

On the side, some bitching I have to do.

GitGud hates 8code because he doesn't think its software that respects his freedom.

He's a freetard and it shows in the worst ways. BigSlice isn't flawless but at least he knows how to repay good faith.

But 8code has been foss since day one, I don't get it.
I prefer to think that Gitgud is just a retard

Welcome back bigslice.
If you need an admin or an on again off again coder hit me up fam.

think outer pizza is down

Designated SS13 tranny attention whore enters

Oh you are one of the autists who actually beleived the "Sierra is a chick" thing.
Just so you all know I didn't start that but fuck that was funny.

tgstation13.org/wiki/Swarmers

I already went over this, I dislike 8code for being eternally developed by a single coder at any given time. This isn't changing, it's now just BigSlice instead of Zaers or Koriath. 8code wouldn't be a problem if there was a stable group of people that would be willing to deal with it and update it on a regular basis.

Yes, it's FOSS. So is GNOME3.

Fuck off, your autistic reasoning doesn't make sense to anyone but yourself and you're too disconnected and insulated to realize it.

We've been down the road of expecting one guy to handle the work of keeping 8code working. In turn Zaers, Koriath, Ninjacha, and dozens others have gotten burnt on the project.

With an upstream we mitigate the amount of reliance the server has on any one person maintaining things, so long as /tg/station is still being worked on.

has the round been restarted yet?

Reword yourself any way you want to. Its clear from how you conduct yourself in the past and how you're conducting yourself now that you're not interested in listening, only being heard. You're never ready to admit when you're in the wrong, and when you eventually do, its never because you think you made a mistake, but only to pacify the outrage you think is caused by our ignorance. That's why you were rejected and remain rejected to this day.

gitgud you need to change alot of the settings on the server to suit our needs

there's more I'm sure but these are the ones I can think of right now

also writing up a set of rules and actually link it on the rule tab

also removing disconnecting you after being afk for so long

Dont forget:

map rotation should be on I agree with that

random appearances are off

I've yet to see anything of that, what's it do?

also changing the list details from ~1 to ~9

round end also needs to "put a banging donk on it" to happen sooner

Mainly make you wait longer and ghost appearances.

finally fixing the damn
shit on character creation

that making you wait longer is fucking server side shit? yes that needs to go and stay go

Is BigSlice's server up? I can't connect to it using Ctrl+O.

nor I, so I don't think it is

lavaland needs to be fixed, space also doesn't spawn anything randomly, despite there being a hidden electric guitar that seems cool you cant use it as instruments are broken, etc etc

I stock a screenshot of all of this and made a issue on the gitgud deposit

did hate go down?

It's back up.

oh goddamnit

I played about a year ago, changed nothing about my byond client

but I crash immediatly on starting the server

There's some weird bug with Mesons that prevents your view from updating unless you take em off and then put them back on. Also what the fuck is up with lavaland? Some colossus just meme'd on me with his death bolts.

that's a glitch with /tg/ code, it "works" if you're on the beta version of byond

We'll switch to Meta whenever I can restart, Dream's broken in a few significant ways despite having some neat things like the larger dining area. And yeah, vote reset is alright by me.

Map rotation is a bunch of batch scripts assuming a Windows environment. Those would need to be reworked into bash scripts.

Random Appearances is off in the settings, I think I'd need to restart for 'em.

I'll mess with the configs per request and restart whenever I get the chance.

I've been on citadel and it's surprisingly chill

made an issue with the things that have been said

I'm permabanned there for punching four people once

oh you

I hate SS13 and every single autist who has ruined it

that meaning you hate your self then?

It's been up all day, not sure why nobody else can connect, I'm going to try updating it.

After updating byond, the server is still working on my machine. So you should be able to join.

byond://74.91.121.114:7777

UPDATED PORT BIGSLICE FORGOT IT WHOOPSIE

Use the beta branch in your client or browser.

We've updated with some of the configurations and adjustments made in this thread. HateStation has resumed using MetaStation for the time being. Round type population requirements have been lowered, vote restart is enabled, and players may now use the REE emote.

Just started playing this game today, and I've already been permabanned from servers for:

Can someone please fucking tell me what the fucking point of this game is? I know I act like a complete shitter sometimes but even at my most fucking tame it's like I'm Hitler fucking 2.0. What the flying fuck is the point of the game if someone isn't stirring up shit and conflict? Go play fucking minecraft if you want a navy sim, not a game that allows you to beat your own head in with an oxygen tank.

Stop playing on gay servers

nigger I think I've played on almost every english server at this point and almost all of em are the exact same. They're either full faggot hippie ships or complete free for alls where nobody talks.

Public servers are garbage.

SS13 is always going to be shit, it has potential that's just too good to play out in this Hell on Earth we live in

'member when Holla Forums used to play AoS?

I 'member.

That's how every server is and is gonna be till someone redesigns the game to make admins 99% uninvolved with the round and are just there to remove obvious metagamers.

So basically once again I'm dealing with Gmod-tier hotpockets tripping on the only power they will ever be given in life? Fuck me. Shit like that makes multiplayer a fucking mistake.

clearly you don't otherwise you wouldn't be using shit south park memes

Were the attempts to reverse engineer certain weapons ever successful? Cause I remember they weren't.

people lost interest sadly

Its an old game. I look at other recurring gaming threads like PS2 and feel a pang of envy though.

it's been awhile I must admit, maybe you can make a thread on it and get a server up

NEW UPDATES

• Random Names off.
• Meta Station new default map.
• *ree emote readded.

AoS is only fun with numbers. It will only work if there's set play times hosted by a reliable host with multiple posts in a thread warning in advance.
What inevitably happens is people joining, seeing there's no one on, and then leaving.

sneks

Jesus christ the spooks in this game really set in when you leave a server out to dry for too long. All the lights are out and the weird ass ambient music is all over the place.

wait which server is everyone on?
this one?

there's more people on hate usually but both servers are pretty much dead till it's 1am GMT

I played on there for a bit, do they still have the vore shit?
Also some quality autism from there

yes they do and yes the autism is massive, specially in the admin it seems since I guess I'm sort of friends with a Ex-admin from there and he's almost over board autistic

Which means 8 PM EST.

Git on and play some spessmen you earth niggers.

Come listen to some of the best music and shitpost with us.

new round get in

What server are people playing on?

hate

I will forever not get how this gets less people than fucking wurm.

is your server any good?
does it have any pop?

ded serber ded gayme

We don't want any of your ilk here, scum. Scramble back to your badmin-ridden furry shithole.

Any hostility to outsiders will result in a decay. Continue this and our station will turn to dust, along with Holla Forums.

They need to stop announcing where they come from and start lurking more.

It'll remain vigorous if the community remains hostile to outsiders and one another. The community isn't as much of a problem as the cancerous administrators we've had over the past few months.

It's the opposite m8, if we don't treat newcomers with an "adapt or die" mentality we will be pushed out of existence in no time as their population will grow while ours will not.
While we may not grow as fast as if we had an open call to all it is preferable for our current community to grow at an incredibly slow pace rather than for this place to grow uncontrollably while becoming reddit2.0. If your goal is growth even at the cost of our original culture then you can fuck right off faggot.

You have no concept of the eternal september phenomenae for communities such as this, do you? You must also not be from here, if you fail to recognize such a subject.

I'd recommend you either fuck off and read a book, nigger. Or that you simply put a bullet in yo– actually just hang yourself, an .22lr bullet is probably worth more than your head.

Hello Reddit

they're both already dust, since we get barely any numbers at peak hour which last for afew hours aday

To briefly follow up on my post:
This is also an issue of motivations. I do not come here because I think Holla Forums is a great site like "wow you can make a board about anything woah!" No I don't give a shit if we use this site or any other, I come here for the people. I come here because I enjoy being in the company of fellow anons.
Therefore the people takes precedence over bragging about meaningless user numbers.

Found out that you can't do self surgery in TG code. So if you're alone and you need to remove your appendix tough luck.

yeah, that's part of "realisim" or some shit

The idea behind surgery was to ALWAYS need another person. Hence why we have doctors instead of roller beds and surgery tools in every department.
You got 3 choices if get an appendix:
1)Auto-clone. Needs research but it's not hard to to do. Hop into a pod, scan and off yourself.
2)Medicate yourself. Carbon and other anti-tox drugs will keep you alive. Sucks that you're addicted to a drug now.
3)type "*suicide" solves all your problems!

Alternatively, someone could import the auto-doc from some other codebase I saw. It did basic surgery and some other procedures with the downside of taking a long ass time.

Also, I'm guessing they removed self-surgery because powergamers. In long standing tradition of /tg/, traitors grab tools, go into maint and then cme out demi-gods. I'm frankly surprised they didn't remove chemistry since that was the prefered method of getting OP as shit instead of implants. But then again, it was also too common for people to over-abuse implants, since you could find all you needed for those in maintenance.

You're a special kind of retard

Not even defending the halfchan trash that SHOULD lurk before posting, but your position is a retarded as that guy.
Fuck, you guys deserve each other.

/tg/ can be so powergamey it's ridiculous, and some of the players there are cucked as fuck. Don't ever go to their forums or anything, it's like a mini NeoGAF.

Yeah, well they never settled on what kind of playerbase they wanted. That's their main source of attrition.
They got people who want to RP and have fun and people who want to WIN.
Despite the fact that winning in SS13 makes one feel as accomplished as peeling an entire sack of potatoes.

So they sometimes try to appeal to the pwoergamers, sometimes try to appeal to the Roleplayers. The end result is that they lose the RP's to bay or citadel and lose the powergamers to hippie and colonial marines.
Occasionally, both types will return for a few rounds after their ban times out to do the equivalent of shitposting in-game. And then get banned again.

At least on most stations since Nel we always managed to strike a sort of balance between both. We ocasionally had the "play to win" traitor that just gunned down and everyone and called that "fun". But for the most part, our traitors actually try some funny shit from time to time.
Heck, the non-traitors do it too.
I just didn't feel like a traitor at that point. It's like I was a regular crewmember, and things are supsoe to go up in flames or explode. And the captain's room is covered in litter on purpose with the Captain's Medal tossed beneath a pack of cheesy honkers because authority means jack shit in a place where the turning of a corner will have you headbutting a laser and end your pathetic life. And for what? To get cloned again so you can once more breath flaming plasma, eat the remains of the crew and pretend it's chicken and go back to science spawning countless monstrosities on this universe? The shuttle is not there to save us when things go wrong.
It's there to make sure we'll be alive on the next station. To make sure we're carried away to a place that isn't far from Hell. To ensure that we will bear witness to the chaos and horrors that man iteself as created.
And when we beg for mercy and a swift end, the screams and madness of our "co-workers" will be our only reply.

Goddamn, I love SS13.

What's the deal with the Tesla Engine? It doesn't make any sense mechanically for the game except as proof /tg/ coders don't play the game.
I struggled a bit with it before reading the wiki and after turning it on for the first time at the second try (the first one was kinda explosive) I took a good look at it and concluded it's a retarded engine for retarded players (but it looks very pretty).

Here's the idea behind the Singularity and why it was so good:
It has maintenance in the form of the Plasma in the collectors. In theory, you have to periodically check them and refill it if you want to keep producing power, otherwise they'll close and soon the fields will break, releasing the singularity.
In practice, once the collectors run out of plasma, they stop producing power but you still have until the SMES run out to refll them. If you set up the engine without overcharging the Plasma Tanks you use, that lasts about 45 minutes until it's released or an hour and half if charged.
This is the standard duration for a round and the idea back on the goon servers when it was made was that "nobody will check on it for real so the round will end in 45 minutes almost every round".

Now the Tesla Engine however has 0 maintenance. It collects power directly from it's rods that don't need fuel of any kind or be periodically replaced either. There's no risk of containment failure on it's own unless someone tampers with it, there's no danger at all, not even radiation!
And even for traitors, it's the worst choice since the Singularity is also very destructive but you can easily outrun it if you're not heavily injured while the Tesla Ball will act in a more agressive and faster way and has an higher chance to kill you as well.

It doesn't make any sense. No maintenance, worse as a traitor tool than the Singularity, no passive danger to replace radiation.
The only thing I see going for it is how it moves towards the last machine it hit with a shock, making it agressively target the station instead of fucking off to space. But this could be coded for the singularity as well, adding a speed vector that determines it's speed and changes\increases depending on the relative position of whatever it desintegrated later.

The only reason I can see this engine being developed in /tg/ is because the Singularity is currently too hard for them, that they don't want to fiddle with radiation (which was a minor problem but it did play out a role) or with charging\recharging the plasma canisters and their traitors don't particularly care about greentext, only causing as much destruction and mayhem as possible.
Oh and because they value cosmetic over gameplay since I'll give it to them that it does look much more impressive visually.

ded game ghost of gamies pls come beck

The worst thing about /tg/ is that the admins and coders are all cancerous circle-jerking shitposters that shout down any criticisms of their game. Pretty much any discussion of a problem will end when one of them has a massive spergout and derails it into nothing.

But it's only fitting that the most autistic people in Space Station 13 are the ones in charge.

That's pretty much the truth, yes. Especially the last part, that's usually all they do.

the tesla is probably just for baby proofing with minimal damages

also bringing back this thread from the dead with no survivor

You guys should jump ship to the next level of autism past ss13.
text games

Is there respawning? Are there servers without roleplaying? I've never played and the damn thing seems so deep that I'd like to not die in five minutes and have to wait an hour while the round ends.

read the wiki, yes there's low RP serbs, there's usually no respawn on most servers due to meta grudgetans

Welcome to nofunstation13.

once thin happens and it turns out no one is playing on it either maybe then….

how is that hell mood stuffs?

we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders
we need coders

or people playing at least

kek

pls

Wew
We should set up a specific time on saturday, Hows 7:30-ish (Central Burgerland Time) sound to ye fags?

Nice 5s. Are there any coding tutorials for SS13/Byond?

here

dosen't matter, no one has an interest in Holla Forums server since everyone is so burnt out over the deal even sierra server if he brought that back up would be just as dead

this

I'd say that I blame the lack of a dedicated team working on a single workable codebase instead of random people working on random shit only they care about with maybe one person doing important stuffs but I could say anything and it would be on the right lines to someone

I forgot to set the fucking trigger

Please discuss the following.
>>>/nt/215

get in here

fuck off back to cuckchan, thanks

Reposting from >>>/nt/227

The difference between Pretending and Roleplaying as far as videogames go comes from having the game recognizing in the form of gameplay what decision you made and impact the game with it.
For instance, you can roleplay treating an injury since the game has an health system you can affect with chemicals and bandages, but you can't roleplay a mental illness since the game doesn't have anything similar to that in the code.
You can choose to say you're an alcoholic and decide to stay 24/7 drunk, but what the game sees is just someone consuming large amounts of poison, not really a mental illness. Fundamentally, it's not that different from ERP as far as the game rules are concerned.

I mention this because at times some gameplay mechanics were suggested but never implemented because they were perceived as being really unpopular.
Namely Morale or Mental Health, Skills (that are mental abilities of your character).
And I'd like to ask why.

Why is it hard to accept Morale (or Happiness or anything similar) having a detrimental effect on your character like slower move speed or weaker strength, and yet Physical Health having the same effects is perfectly accepted?
Why is the idea of drinking alcohol or eating good meals to stay mentally healthy despised but drinking Dylovene to counter poison isn't?
What's this boundary that strictly says anything physical is relegated to the character and everything mental is relegated to the player?

I get that roleplaying emotions that aren't your own might not be very intuitive, but if you can roleplay a guy missing a leg when your own are perfectly fine, what's really stopping you from roleplaying someone heavily depressed and mentally scarred after seeing a bunch of corpses, despite you personnally finding it quite funny?

Fuck off Kyron no one wants your shitty morality system

you're suggesting a mental health equivalent that will automatically degrade unless the player performs your pet peeve busywork. health does not do that. your comparison is shit

because poison doesn't automatically happen when you're just hanging around, being safe and snug doing your job. your idea is poison that is automatically applied unless the player performs your pet peeve busywork. poison doesn't work like that. your comparison is shit

all the arguments you put forth are so shit, it's like you didn't even have your brain plugged in while writing them

Lot's of bad generalizations there.
I never said anything about moral going down on it's own like hunger does (a mechanism that is already present and accepted, also a physical one)

Rather, have a value that can shift between -100 and 100 that tends to 0 as time goes on and doesn't penalize or benefit you unless it goes below -25 or above 25, for instance.

And morale doesn't go negative either when "you're just hanging around, being safe and snug doing your job". It goes neutral overtime but it applies to negative states too. You're right that "it doesn't work like that" but not how you expect it to.

I'm assuming "busywork" is your pet peeve then.
This is not akin to hunger, where a need is imposed on you that you must tend or suffer an arbitrary penalty and it need not be as penalizing as Health is either. It can heal on it's own at a slow rate but good meals and hearty drinks or other actions that people can think about, like showers or reading books could impact it as well.

You still get full control over your character to impact morale with your actions, the difference here is that there's actually something to exert control over, instead of just Pretending.

Morale is just a component of gameplay that can be added to further increase the vectors of gameplay for several people and make some classes matter more. Janitors cleaning blood and garbage to keep mood high, chefs cooking better meals than fast food, bartenders serving actual drinks and alcohol being more than a slow poison or even anti-depressant pills from chemistry.

We could even have the Clown slowly improve morale for being nearby people and give a good bonus everytime someone punchs him (with reverse effects if the clown has negative morale for the Sad Clown)

And you're gonna say no to all that content just because you don't want to roleplay being demoralized?
It's not like you take two steps and immidatly keel over, burderned by your own existance. And exceptions based on jobs are easy to code.

Basic gist of the idea in pic related.
We group things into "tiers". For instance, alcool cigs and booze are on the first tier. Prolonged consumption of them will increase your morale up to a value of 40.
Once you cross the threshold of 25, you get a slight buff. If you don't keep consuming cigs/booze, your morale will slowly go down back to 0 and you'll lose that buff.

On the other hand, hanging around a medbay covered in blood will lower your morale unless you're a doctor, sec or the captain. The morale will lower to a maximum of -35. When it goes lower than -25 you start feeling the debuff.
The thresholds for the negative stuff are -10 to the level at wich they trigger, so they go away faster than positive boosts which have their tiers 15 units above the value they activate, making buffs last slightly longer.

On a normal game, most people will have morale fluctuate between -30 up to 65 (depending on botany and chemistry) since nothing much out of the ordinary happens.
In case of cult, or Xeno's for instance, your morale would get low enough to trigger the panicked speed boost and melee penalty. This would help players run away rather than fighting, and ensure that the antags have an advantage if they attack but need to pursue their victims if they flee, putting them on a chase.

I'm open to ideas though, since this is a very rough presentation of the concept.
The increased chance of knockdown is purely for bullying purposes.

I triggered his trap card, didn't I?

my apologies to the thread

Pizza.

What's with the "pizza" spam? It's not just here, I see it in several other sites as well in their comments section. What the fuck is happening?

making a ss13 clone lads

Also,

You guys are trying this again? Have you not learned that Holla Forums users do not make an ideal spessmen community either?

sasuga fundie-kun

Oh wow, I was just coming to sperg about how ss13 has gone down the shitter.

Anyways, I remember when you would get banned for valid hunting.

I remember when you would get banned for snatching the captains ID without a decent reason (I.E need to setup power, not just "hahaha all access need to kill antags!!")

I remember when nerds that powergamed (making chloral every round) would get fucking meme'd on by the admins.

Now its gone to shit, you can't find a server without players who constantly tiptoe the rules and suck the admins dicks. Not to mention the complete autists who take the game entirely too seriously and special snowflake the fuck out of it.

An example: Paradise admins are extremley biased. Kill someone playing as a furfag race and you won't even be bwoinked, you'll just be permabanned instantly.

This happens so much on so many servers that the game is basically unplayable if you aren't apart of that servers community. I understand this happens in every game and this isn't an SS13 thing but it really didn't used to be like this. Admins were not some 16 year old kid still in highschool who bans you off of impulse because you killed some guy who frequently plays on your server. Admins need to be fair, non-biased and thorough. If some popular person in the community broke the rules? Punish them accordingly, don't give them a warning because you like them/you're afraid of what the community might do.

Admins are by far the biggest problem to SS13, because its them who allow the shit players to exist and keep being shit. I've said this multiple times and ironically, always get banned for saying it.

Can't we just have a nice round or 10 of spaceman atmosphere simulator? I'll be on from 5:30PM to around 10:30PM EST, come join and play.

byond://jinteki.industries:5513
MAP IS ACTUALLY METASTATION IGNORE GENERAL POST

In their defense, the kind of people that joins a server just to kill furfags is usually not the kind of player you want to keep around. There really is no reason to even try to argue with them, they'll feel like they are doing the right thing regardless of what you say and believe the furries are in the game strictly to replace the Clown as a punch bag, even in servers where this is not the rule.

Usually when they run out of furries, it's gonna be other players they'll target for whatever reason or hopefully they'll just leave the server. Doesn't matter, furries are just their excuse for initiating PvP in SS13, of all games.

But on the other side of the coin, you have a lot of newcomers to a server that join up, rush for Atmos and release plasma because they don't give a fuck.
You usually don't trust new players or even give them leniency because in SS13 they often are just someone banned from another server looking for a new one to shit up. Or even someone ban evading anyway. There are 2 autists that regularly check on the servers here on Holla Forums for the time where there's no admins so they can join and grief at will, for instance.
You gotta blame the players just as much as the admins for creating an ambient where trust must be earned with playtime on a server.

I remenber the time when Goonstation was the only station and they still called them Gibbed #1, #2 and later #3. You accurately described how those servers used to be.

Shitty players forcing decent admins to step down so we are stuck with shitty admins are the problem.
Shitty players that resist any kind of change and demand the game to stagnate forcing coders to standown are the problem.
Any of these is much more of a problem than the people that at least give enough of a fuck to actually host the damn thing and bear with insane autistic ramblings so there's some semblance of order. Admins are often far from perfect but they are also far from being the worst when some players, even without FUN buttons manage to fuck rounds even harder.

Yes, I remember as well. Now the admins on Goon are all decently aged but probably still extremely autistic. (no racism reee banned).

pretty sure that its the other shitty admins that make the good admins step down, at least most of the time.

I also should have used some of the smaller HRP servers that have furrys as an example, because they arent attacked as often as Paradise. But a lot of the admins are furfags and have meta cliques with the players/other admins

Well, think about it in another way. When there's a problem between players, if you're an admin who are you gonna believe and help? Who will you give the benefit of the doubt and second chance?
Someone that has played in the server for a long time and you personnaly know and trust, someone that has contributed to the community of the server you admin over? Or someone that's brand new, hasn't contributed anything except being involved with trouble and most likely is a ban evader?

Those smaller servers are still not a good example for your point. Admins there know perfectly well what kind of player jumps in and wordlessly begins caving skulls in. This may shock you but furries are perfectly aware they are despised by everyone else, they just don't care. But at the same time, they'll build their "nests" and make them as comfy as possible for them and they don't care about anyone else trying to ruin their shit so you'll get a swift ban if you act like what they think is faggotry.

but what they think is faggotry is different from normal players.

Daily reminder static namefagging is metafagging

this

Which matters not because it's their server. What we consider faggotry here, Reddit thinks is perfectly normal and what Reddit thinks is faggotry there is perfectly normal for us. This is the most basic example I can give you but basically people have as much of a right to go to their servers and murder furfags as they gave to visit yours and force ERP with you.

But the problem is that furries don't have a right to live

The problem is that furries act like literal cancer, they spread everywhere and get into everything unless checked by bullying. They need to be contained to their quarantine sites or else their faggotry will stink up everywhere

You can say that about lolicons, 2hufags, and monsterfags.

Uhuh. Well I don't know when the conversation shifted from SS13 servers to the crusades but you can carry on alone with that autism and join the furries if you're gonna be that dramatic.

Imma stop answering the dramatic dude here since it's the same level of autism that you see in Holla Forumsacks derailing threads with their bullshit or Holla Forums with their assburgers.
Just people being partizans for the sake of being partisans, since they lack any other identity.

I think the problem is no one wants to code it and actually DM fags will shit on anything not related to combat while people who may like it wont post much since they don't really know how it'll work regardless though afew other servers do that kinda thing citadel and hippie does this but only slightly

we do and we don't

That guy really missed a Looney Tunes opportunity by pretending to look in the bag, play dumb, and throw it back to you to trick you into setting off your own bombs when you re-check them yourself.

This idea is fucking stupid because everything mental belongs to the player. The spessman represents the physical qualities but the player retains the mental. What if the little spessman has low morale but the player is in a perfectly chipper mood? Unless they're a hardcore roleplayer they're going to keep acting how they want to act despite their supposed "negative morale." It would just be an annoying number that no one actually respects because it represents an abstract concept of the mind which a spessman does not have.

Players' feelings should be determined by the player, not some dinky little number This is the same reason morality meters are retarded. Your idea is retarded and not conducive to any style of SS13 play, not even the roleplaying style because it would interfere with how people would want their spessman to behave.

but you're playing a character and if you're separating the mental from the physical then that's akin to meta faggotry since you're using out of game feelings to deduce what your in character will feel

Yes I'm playing a character, but it is at my own discretion, and I would not benefit from a stat telling me how I'm "supposed" to feel. I feel what I want to feel, I don't need the game supervising my feelings.

Space doesn't exist in real life.

the game already tells you how you feel though via from eating, smoking and various helpful or harmful viruses. having a mental overhaul which actually effects more things for your character doesn't really change much but I would prefer it not to boil down to just a morale bar I'd like mental disabilities, genetic defaults and work related problems as well

this is a decent start but having negative = bad and positive = good isn't a very good way of representing what happens because bad things can happen if you're high on morale as well as good things when low, however this kinda system is rather simplified and encompasses stuff not really apart of morality also

the chaplain looks after spiral side of things, so confessing your sins in the confessional should "improve" morale (even though it's actually for removing or lessening guilt)

you could also have the Liberian books help settle the mind and curing boredom via board games

I'm kind of with here. A number telling me how I should be feeling isn't going to change things. Hunger exists to give the chef reasons to make food. The clown exists to cause mischief. Let it be up to the players whether or not this makes them happy, not some silly number. I realize what you're going for. Really, I do. AMD it would work if this server was a heavy RP, "breathes in then exhales" server. But it's not. The server is about having fun and something like this would only detract from it. Allow me to present some alternatives that may help to add fun:

Anyways those are just my two cents. Feel free to ignore it and make everyone angry with your morality system. i imagine Borgs will be immune to it anyways so it hardly effects me.

combat trainer borg, I like it

That is operating on an entirely physical level, in regards to what the spaceman is feeling physically. Everything mental and emotional is on my end, the player's end.

You're just putting unnecessary locks on people. Locks that won't mean anything to the average SS13 player other than "a mechanic that annoys me." Maybe if we were super hardcore autism roleplayers who would like to roll the dice on what kind of schizo we play each round, but we aren't those people. The hunger system barely exists to the average player already, and that one is the easiest to accept for most people. Anything further is just going to piss people off.

It's already possible to become a slime, with the power of SCIENCE, though it's somewhat RNG and can take quite a while to accomplish. And I know some /tg/ maps do have the Holodeck, and that emagging it does do interesting things, but I can't recall right now. You can just look at their wiki, it's usually not outdated.

This was actually about this point first and a Morale system second. I strongly contest the idea that "everything mental belongs to the player".

And this is the point I often here with 0 self awareness. Yes, your feelings are determined by yourself, but we are talking about your character. You can be perfectly happy seeing entrails decorating the hallways, but your character migh not. However, without it being acknowledged by the game, it's just pretending, not roleplaying.

Your health, hunger or even poximity to the Singularity will also strongly interfere with how you play the game but somehow, those are perfectly fine but anything mental won't. Having dufflebags slow the player down for balance reasons do to more space is perfectly okay, but being unskilled in electronics preventing you from hacking doors is off limits.
It's the same thing fundamentally but one is allowed and the other isn't because some people are willing to roleplay the body but only pretend the mind, something I'd be is related to how easy you can keep the body in check. Just nick an healthpack from crew quarters and cheesy honkers from the machines.

You also don't benefit from a stat telling you how poisoned or brusied you are, and yet those are perfectly fine. Wouldn't you want to be damaged as much as you want to be damaged? Why would you need the game to calculate how much you're hurt, I'm sure you could pretend that a crowbar to the head actually hurt you with Emotes and LayDown.

Doesn't work as well as it should since the benefits from it don't warrant his existence and snack dispensers, despite being the worst choice, are used more often. Even Cargo cooks more pizzas than the chef.
And the Bartender has nothing similar.

Do keep in mind that at any time your Morale would gradually shift towards 0, a neutral state, unlike hunger. You could just keep doing your thing and soon enough you'd be normal and calm.
I think it would make the game more fun since it would make more content have some use, especially if we go by the tier system making everything valid alternatives to be used.
The idea is just to make bad and dreadfull things have an effect on morale and good, pleasant things (that are often done for RP but the game doesn't aknowledge them) good for morale.

A normal round would have the crew's morale becoming a critical problem just like health as the station breaks apart. Blood in the hallways, corpses all about, darkness in maintenance or as lights go out, all would impact most people, prompting them to solve those problems, spike alcohol and drugs consumption as they try to cope with it. Officers and Medics, being immune to most of this stuff would not mind having the brig\medbay full of blood and corpses but it's bad for the prisoners\patients morale. Janitors, Chefs and especially Bartenders see some more use as well since they provide good ways to handle morale.

Of course, a good idea is to keep on your Character Select menu an option called "Hardened Mind" that makes you immune to morale. This would prevent you from experiencing any of the downsides of it but also would prevent you from getting the upsides as well. It would be a system you could perfectly ignore if you don't want to bother with it, both the good and the bad.

Wrestling Borg can kinda go against borg design since they aren't supposed to have hands. But a Monk Android that deals Stamina Damage, therefore being non-lethal for Asimov Purposes and takes Unarmed damage as temporary damage that can be healed on his own, not counting for his health could be neat.

Viro was less RNG before when Koriath made an improved Viro machine. It allowed you to save individual symptons and freely combine them so RNG only applied to getting them at first.

Koriath was thinking about coding slime girls as pets, not as a player I think

The VR room is from the goon station, I tried it, it doesn't work as well as you'd think. Traitors could emag it and instead of being sent to normal rooms, you're placed in one maze deathtrap you can't escape from until you exit. It's shit, it makes every traitor buy an emag since anyone looking for recreation will try it and be removed from the game while simulatenous make everyone avoid VR on the off chance it was emagged.
It also keeps players out of the station, making the whole place more empty. We already have the Gateway, mining and deep space for that stuff, I don't really think we need more reasons for players to avoid each other.

Give examples, please. I'd like to have more ideas for that. There's +Speed when very low on morale as you'd be terrified. It's a positive thing that hopefully helps you survive since the only things that drop you that low are deadly threats.

There are a very large number of things that could be used for this system and in very different ways.
For instance, the Chaplain "giving a speech" in the confessionary room could help morale go back to 0 if it's negative but it doesn't improve it further, while the Captain giving a rousing speech uses the same system but in any location and it actually bumps your Morale up even if it's already positive.

Showering could help soothe negative morale, resting as well. Holding a book from the Library in your hand could help improve morale slowly but only if it's not negative. Being alone for prolong periods of time could take a toll on morality as well while being surrounded by many people would do the oposite.
There's a lot that can be done with this, and most of the time it doesn't even affect that much to harm how you play the game, just reinforces taking positive actions like stopping for a drink or reading a book while drinking hot cocoa.

I might actually code this and make a pull request so we can at least try it.

What are the first two suposed to be?
The third one would be hilarious if we can load it with all sorts of chems.

if you're good on morale it could mean that you're confidant but if you have high morale you could be over confidant, thus actions could take longer since you're not pressed for time

WIP of that combat trainer borg, I'm not 100% on it

Yeah, that picture I did explains it badly, but basically, from 25 to 50 morale, you were in "high spirits" and just happy, meaning you work faster.
From 50 to 75, you'd be "jacked up" like a meth addict and fuck up shit or take longer for tasks.
I dunno what you could call being "happier" than that (75 to 100). Ecstasic? I dunno.

Also, one thing I thought was to make morale optional.
On the char gen screen, we could put a new option with 3 alternatives.
The default to anyone. Your spessman is hardned from years of SS13 and is not affected by morale. Headbutting aliens? No problem. Booze? Doesn't do anything.
No negative effects from morale. It never drops bellow 0. But the positive effects are smaller or just diferent and weak one's. For people to get a taste or try it out without fearing of mind-rape.
Full effects from positive and negative things.

I think we could try something like this, and start with some minor effects that don't impact the gameplay that much so people can try it out and see how hard/easy is it to maintain morale while also leaving people who don't like it the option to entirely opt out of it.

see I think this kinda thing would only really work if you make the server an emotions simulator in its fullest

In my experience, making something very complex from the get go is usually a bad idea.
Just my personal aproach to stuff: make something simple then expand it if it works.
If the main idea/system doesn't work, no sense in decorating it with a bunch of useless but neat thing.

you're not wrong but ss13 is a game where nothing gets expanded upon because autists cry over the changes so much

One day, I'll code Nurglestation back again and sneak it in without anyone noticing.

just fucking do it now, no one is playing on the server anyways

If you can, make a skin that represents a luchador or macho man randy savage. Or gene simmons. If I'm going to help unrobust people get into shape, you can bet I'm either going to go macho man, luchador, or personal fitness coach on them.

Side note, I knew /tg/ had good slime people.
tgstation13.org/wiki/Slimepeople#Slimepeople
Is there any particular reason we can't port this over to the server?

I'll see about that

Dumping some pics of the project I'm working on.

Shit like this is why HateStation is going to stay dead.

I miss nurglestation.

You and me both, brother.
But we both know that we can't just bring it back, for a multitude of reasons.
These 3-4 rounds will remain the best I've ever played, though.

Showering could help soothe negative morale, resting as well. Holding a book from the Library in your hand could help improve morale slowly but only if it's not negative. Being alone for prolong periods of time could take a toll on morality as well while being surrounded by many people would do the oposite.

THE BUSYWORK JEW IS CREEPING BACK
If you like busywork so much go back to playing hellmoo, your ideas are retarded and so are you

Only on Autistic Ideas-guy twin brothers Code.

This wouldn't have happened if you had done [busywork for 15 minutes straight]
Just get good

also koriath, kyron it should go without syaing you two autists are fucking retarded goddamn.
The players themselves have a morale. when people see dented floortiles, hullbreaches, corpses, and blood trails and trash everywhere then everyone wants to call the shuttle and distance themselves from it all already.

You're both making this awfully personal… Whatever fuels your own brand of autism, I guess.

Please, do check the previous image that was posted.
If you see a body near you, your morale will gradually, not instantly, drop down to -60 at most and if it drops at 2 point per second, you'd need to be hanging around the corpse for half a minute to actually get there.

Meanwhile, if you're in the bar drinking, the alcohol inside of you counters this by, let's say 1 point per second, meaning you'd need to be near the corpse for a full minute.

This means you'd have more than enough time to run from the scene before anything bad happens to you at all, you'd have nearby acess to many things to solve this as well and if it actually gets to -60, you'd even get a speed boost to help you escape.

I get that balance is something hard to achieve when we are just discussing an idea in the thread, but exagerating and\or ignoring whatever suits you is just cherrypicking.
Especially considering the whole thing would be optional.

But whatever, you fags want to make this personal, I'll drop the conversation and instead go code it instead. Have fun shitposting you two.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, hun.

Go code it and no one will play it.

also

nice

rebbit

spacing

look

at my text

cant you see how important every bit of this shitpost is to read?

Thank you, we'll have fun not playing with your shitty code and your shitty ideas.

While I agree that jobs like cook, bartender, janitor, and chaplain are more or less worthless fluff, forcing a hindering system on all the players that will do nothing but interfere with how they want to play their autistic spessman game is not the way to do it. Your idea is SHIT all the way down to the conceptual level, and no amount of "if we do this this and this it will not be shit" will make it not be shit. It is a bad idea with no good execution that nobody wants except you and maybe two, three other uber-autistics.

But man were those shifts were fun. Really the whole server was fun back then.
I wish I still had the pictures of the our adventures.
Like the time I threw a changeling out an airlock and threw myself out as well. Or. the time I was roleplaying as protoman and I got a toxin filter by lethal injection and self destructed the station. Or. the time we had stardust spessmen and conquered the away mission. Or. the time I fought three people at once and almost won and then later watched them perform an episode of dragon ball z to revive someone I killed

I miss the early days when everyone would recap their adventures in ss13 on the thread.

So, I've been poking around nu/tg/ code.
There's one neat thing there. Buffs (and debuffs).
It's actually a neat system to apply temporary effects on people without using chemfuckery or other more esoteric means.

There's only one problem: the whole thing is severely underused. In fact, the only thing that uses that system is the Cult of Ratvar (several buffs/debuffs in fact) and some Shadow Mend ability that I don't know who uses. Also some shit about freezing you.

It could be used for a lot of other things.
The values that can be configured in each buff are:
In seconds.
during the duration, this fires every X ticks
After that it has a function we can load with anything, from vomiting cows, to make you randomly teleport with other people.

What kind of buffs/debuffs would you guys like to see in-game?

I'd like to see the mime get something neat or the clowns honker give buffs

Giving buffs is easy enough to implement.
Especially with shit like the clown horn, since it's easy to detect who heard it.
But what would that do?
Fire up a "you heard a loud honk rining inside your head" for a few minutes every few seconds?

no it'll be a series of sentences like "you think you hear faint honking" "you feel abit honky" "honk mother I feel you"

that sorta thing

Which server should I go to, anons?
I just enjoyed their code, but I don't have the resources to run my own server probably.
/tg/ has similar code, Bay and Goon are too different for me to get comfy in. Is Aurora any good? Not Yog or Hippie. I've learnt that lesson already.

/tg/ is usually kind of fun as long as you avoid the station

sybil or brasil

Sybil is /tg/, isn't it?
And by avoid the station, do you mean just fuck off in a pod?

they're not so bad anymore

Well, might as well log in now.

Thanks, Anons.

I legit lol'd

I mean play shaft miner or something else where you can avoid most of the station and the murderboning circlejerk

the circlejerk there at least have no real weight at least

It's mostly composed by people on the admin team last I heard someone talk about it. We are talking admins feeding the target position to traitor friends or reviving each other at will when no one's looking. And I seriously doubt any of that has changed, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Also, if you wanna give a hand, I could use some simple sprites.
Basically, 4 sprites for Morale, similar to the ones used for Hunger (pic related).
4 for each state, "Very Good", "Good", "Bad" and "Very Bad" morale.
Neutral, I don't think needs one and since it's the norm for most of the time, it makes it less intrusive.

Also, fun fact. According to the code, being fat isn't a health problem, it's an alert and a mutation.
Also fun fact, there's skateboards and bikes you can craft in-game with iron rods and iron sheets.

Wait, that's actually 6 icons, missing there one of Exhilaratingand another for Dreadfull.
These 2 are very rarely gonna be seen so they can be highly exagerated.

do you want to leave it up to me on what or do you have something in mind already?

Smileys and happy faces? You don't really have to do anything better than emoji-tier for this.

could have dicks or thumbs

Not everything needs dicks, Chaos.

just saying anything which inflates or deflates could fit the bill here

Get Dobson on the line.
For once, someone actually has need of his talents.

you rang?

Oh God, where did you get that?
Citadel?

2 mins in krita….

Keep that one around. We might need it. For the Science department. And Xeno's.

The icones should be something that fits in with the rest of the Hud. Make a few alternatives, you're the artist here.

what if we have the character facial expression change?

As hilarious as that sound and let's keep that idea in mind because Joker's laughing gas is actually a fucking great idea the idea is more about informing the player than informing the people around you. Thus, we use the Hud.
We COULD have a representation of the player's face on the Hud though, like Doom had.

But it better not be that. I've never been this creeped out by a handfull of pixels before.

well you want the gui to be as clear cut as possible and if it informs everyone who takes the time to look at you then you could possibly have a game mechanic there where traitors or acters(clowns/mime/librarians) can pretend to be feeling something they're not but I do think that having a giant face on the gui isn't going to be great, I already think alot of the gui icons could be over lapped some

this is just me doodling till I think up something which works as a gui element that isn't just a bar or something retarded btw koraith

That's actually an interesting idea but not just for Morale. Emotes like "smile", "laugh" or "smirk" could change facial expressions temporarily or at very least spawn a small baloon with a smily there, like Starbound does.

But honestly, just a few smiley faces (and not so smiley faces) would work well enough.

Meanwhile a real digestion or nutrient system would be a better idea and implementation than his proposal.

Do you have sugestions for "real digestion" or "nutrient system"? What do you mean with "real"?
Keep in mind that we have very little to work with in SS13. Besides movement speed, healing, a strength bonus or health, there really isn't much to affect with food.

Also, I did already made a suggestion once for a system that would have food having Carbon Hydrates or Fat for basic sustenance and Vitamins, Proteins and Fiber for healthy diets that would confer some bonus to the person eating it.
The idea was shot down because apparently remenbering the kind of stuff that's taught to kids in school these days is hard or something.

Unless by "real" digestion you mean poo
Sorry, I don't do scat, you're on your own

I'd have to do something better then those doodles

ss13 should be the ultimate simulator! not just an atmos and clown simulator

A food system that doesn't suck would be pretty good, yes. And it would certainly improve players' attitudes to such things. Enhanced game mechanics and systems would be pretty good for improving morale.

I can only play on /tg/station. It's a retarded murderboner/valid-hunting extravaganza with useless autistic sperging admins, pubby scum, special snowflake faggots, hundreds of unfunny memelords and oceans of greytides. But they're the best servers there are and I can have some fun in spite of their shitty players shitty administration, and shitty "balancing."

just tell me where you want these and how you like them koraith

actually this one is better

yeah I couldn't think of anything to show morale

They're off centre by a pixel or two.

user what on earth are you doing

every sprite is since it's all 32x32 but I know that the faces can be sorted abit

keeping it in theme

Good Morale

Very Bad Morale

Bad Morale

-dunno-, Very Good Morale, Dreadfull

Exhilirating

I think that would be all, just would be better to have their eyes not sled to the side.
And the black one to have the eyebrows a bit lower while the mouth keeps the :( shape the grey one has or have more of a O shape instead.

here's the usable images

forgot one

Here comes the greytide boys!

That was one of the most unrobust things I ever saw.
Who the fuck try-hacks doors in public places with other people nearby, especially your workplace?
Who the fuck hacks the maintenance door of your own department?
Who the fuck doesn't try to talk his way out of shit situations to not arise suspicions, like when the CMO saw him?
Who the fuck just keeps going around the station murdering just because, inviting trouble for him? Or even keeps going back to the crime place, the medbay of all places where people will go to clone\heal from him?

Only good thing was seeing him get pwned by glass shards and crowbars like the faggot he is.
Thankfully SS13 is like The Zone and we can count on not seeing normalfags sticking around for long if they don't adapt.

Murderboners. They do it because a majority of the time sec is either too incompetent to stop them, or they have a ridiculous weapon power combo that simply doesn't have a counter.

Right, Morale. I have set up the whole system behind it, how it works and it's effects as well as the little icons to know how you're doing.
Only thing missing now is things that actually change the system since each needs to be coded individually.

For people that worry about it, it will be an option you can toggle and it defaults to False. If you don't want to play with Morale, you can just leave it that way and enjoy the same game.
I've also coded a de-sensitivity process in it. If your Morale is miserable, you'll start to get used to it. Your Morale will have a cap both negative and positive that reduces as your de-sensitivity rises, with the final stage leaving Morale standing at an interval of -10 to 10. This means no penalties or bonus for you.
However, it can slowly raise again if you manage to keep it positive but it takes time.

Ideally, this will be a system that rewards small roleplaying actions like having a drink, reading a book, taking a shower, hanging out with other people, eating anything other than Cheesy Honkers but accordingly, it will give you small buffs only.
On the same note, it will also penalyse "bad behaviours", things that your character isn't supposed to do, like hanging around trash, blood or chatting up with corpses and going on a date with Nar-Sie, staying too long hurt or hungry.

There will be exceptions to this, though. The Captain, Medics and Officers will be immune to corpses and blood, Janitors to trash, Chaplains to corpses and Traitors will be immune to everything, with the possibility of adding a traitor item later (an implant, most likely) that makes them actually LIKE corpses and blood.

For the record, this is what I managed to code for each stage:

Morale good 1:
Small speed upgrade

Morale good 2:
Better speed upgrade, you're not slowed down by equipment, you eat at double the speed

Morale Good 3:
You regenerate a bit of health on top of Morale good 2

Morale bad 1:
Small speed penalty

Morale bad 2:
More speed penalty
If someone tries to disarm you, they have 75% chance of knocking you down when normally they had 25%
You also have a small chance to have what you say replaced with a demoralizing message.

Moral bad 3:
Everything from morale bad 2
Your chance of saying something depressing is much bigger and your intent is randomly shifted every now and then.

This effects will of course suffer changes as we get feedback on what works, what doesn't. They're small buffs/debuffs for now.
To combat that, there's gonna be a "Combat" buff. Alongside with a "Terror" one, both of these can increase your speed to help you escape. They're strong enough to offset the bad morale one's. The combat one triggers as soon as someone hits you (or you hit someone) and the Terror one triggers from seing something horryfing (a corpse you hadn't seen before, a cult structre/rune or over 5 pools of blood).
These things are suposed to give you an edge on ESCAPING danger. Staying and fighting is always a bad idea. As in most SS13 situations anyway.
Yes, the Captain can indeed slap you to make you go faster but self damage won't count

Also, keep in mind that, whole Morale good and bad 3 sound like very unbalanced things, they aren't something you can achieve very often. Most forms of morale, both good and negative will have a cap at which they don't increase\decrease anymore and only very rare things would see it go over that value.
For instance, you can see an entire graveyard of corpses and an Olympic pool of blood in front of you and yet you'd never reach Moral Bad 3, that takes something like shaking hands with Nar Sie.

Also, there's an inertia to the system. Things don't change instantly, they take time that you can use to move away and correct the situation. Most rounds, you'll spend them between Morale good 1 and morale bad 1, with morale raising to 2 if the chef\botanist do a fine job and dropping to 2 if you're involved in some dangerous situation.

As for things that change morale, here's the short list I have so far:

positive things
tier 1:
booze, cigs, good food, showering, chaplain's speech (doesn't work if morale is positive), pets presence, petting it too (double effect but still same cap for proper Heads), cool clothes, socializing (having at least 2 people nearby)

tier 2:
space drugs, weed, really good food, Captain's speech, socializing (having at least 5 people nearby)

tier 3:
heavier drugs, artifacts

negative things
tier 1:
blood pools, bad food, trash, hunger, light damage, animal corpses, terrible clothes, loneliness (being completely alone for a few minutes)

tier 2:
corpses, cult structures, famine, heavier damage, pet corpses for their respective Head, darkness (but it's slow after it hits the first stage), loneliness (being completely alone for several minutes)

tier 3:
mindbreaker, artefacts

Clown passively affects everyone's morale up to tier 1 or -1.
He gives a small positive value every second if he is happy and a negative value if he is not.
He will also give a bigger bonus (or penalty, if he is sad) instantaneously every time he suffers damage.

Mime resets Morale, making it shift faster towards the middle instead.

Brain damage resets moral, the more stupid the faster it resets.

I'm glad there's no player base to suffer through this gimped idea.

Instead of coding a semi-realistic moral system why not code a feature that's actually fun.

What are you saying, busywork is the funnest thing there is in ss13

why don't you come up with an idea that's actually fun then

good slimegirls when

when you gib me a list of the slimes and answer me a questions

Actually, that's what Koriath is gonna work on. He has been reading on the code to know what's gonna be needed and what's gonna be possible.
Ideally, they will act like pets, try to follow you around and interact with chemicals, changing color and contents to the right chemical.

Also, did you guys knew there's Skateboards, Bikes and Martial Arts in the /tg/ code?
The Martial Arts I'm not sure on how you get them (though you can teach them to other people if you know them) but the Skateboard and even teh Bikes seem craftable from Rods and Metal Sheets.

Basic sprite I need should be the same as the human sprite, but a bit shorter. Since humans are 32x32, make the slime girls 24 pixels tall.
Apply some goo-effects on it and don't forget it needs 4 directions.
It would be a good idea to make an animation for them too: just make 4 slightly diferent sprites and they'll loop.

After that, I only thought up two kinds of non-standard slime.
Just make her wider. This one has a larger capacity for chemicals and synthetizes them inside her much faster.
Make her more… feral? I dunno man, I'd add spikes and call it a day. I really don't know how to make slime girls look threatning. The point is that this one's wouldn't just protect you, they actively hunt anyone that isn't their master.

that brings me to my questions, it's not possible to have these sprites smaller, I tried there's just not enough pixels for me to work with so the only way I can think of this working is having them the full 32x32 or more and just resizing them like citadel does

Oh right, forgot one.
This is the same sprite as the normal one, but give her a little nurse hat.
It will "attack" people who are already hurt.
Ideally, this means it will heal them with the chemicals you put into her.
Or finish them off.

Never tried resizing before, but I'll look into it.
Hopefully it's not citadel-exclusive.

nu/tg/ has it

Then WHY haven't we made a shrink-ray yet for the science department?
Goddamnit.

the same reason why there's no grav gun either

shrinky ray enough for ya?

Super. I'll adjust it for the in-hands sprite.
Gotta make that thing before the slime-girls to learn how the resizing stuff works.

I'll do that it's not hard to do, just tedious

I know that one of the most expensive traitor items is a martial arts scroll that makes you immune to projectiles and gives you a handful of special moves that can disarm and stun. Of note is an elbow drop that instantly kills anyone in crit.

koriath do you have your own gitgud/hud or something like it so I don't have to spam the thread with tiny imagines like this

Nope. Might set up one later. But that works. Just perfect. Shit I thought I was gonna have to do that one, perfect man.
I'm writing code at work, can't really test this shit until later though.

dude I know just about what I'm doing when it comes to sprites I've done alot of things already just not much of it has gotten used yet so I usually just do a thing to gauge interest and pick it up again later if I feel like it but with things where it's for someone else and I can do it all fairly simply and I get it done pretty quick if I'm feeling like it however though I'll let you know if I've got questions on thing I'm unsure of

Give me 50 minutes, and I'll make that 4.
Peak hours is in 6 hours though, goddamn burgers not playing while they're at work.

it's now no one

I would play, but i hate tgstation unless gitgud actually got his shit together and is hosting pizzacode, which is unlikely.

he wants to host thin code which is soon(tm)

ETA on that? Cause it's been three months now and the only info we've gotten is non-tile based movement and minor map development.

soon(tm)

"Soon™" more like "Fuckin' Never Mate™"

Seriously at least give us some pointers.

I know shit mate other then what gitgud has said, which is that there's one guy working on it and he's done lots on it already

Is anyone here going to be playing Lifeweb later today?

Here's my idea for slimegirl lowdown:
a few examples:
they'd all come with some manner of partial resistances and weaknesses, and of course, the weakness of constantly needing food. it'd make xeno pretty neat if they choose to shed their humanity (while making them inhuman to the AI), and give them an easier way to benefit the station. Just a thought.

Oh. I forgot to add. If the PC-controlled slimegirl dies, all the ones connected to it die and turn into a puddle, like skeletons turn into remnants and can't be rezzed.

What's the serber address?

What's the serber address?

Doubt it. The game does lose a lot of it's luster very fast.
It's fun and the potential for roleplay is amazing but when you're struggling to even learn the controls and you don't even understand about 85% of everything around you, it starts being a chore.
From what I heard the pros and veterans end up not liking it either since it's often "do the same thing every round" and the game is so exploitable by them there's nothing interesting to do.

It's a bit funny but the game is maintained by newbie players still trying to learn and metafriends having fun together, both the kind of people that make regular servers quite unfun for everyone else, and this in a game that has more content and more potential than SS13 has, even if you conbined all the features of all servers.

Unless anyone can hack an FTP server, that code is never gonna see the light of day.

I'm not sure if I like much of that since it works the same way with normal slime people but just giving clones features, I much preferred the idea where they were just pets which you fed to change their colours to get them to be a certain way

who's to say we can't have both? the current slime system, as it is, is pretty alright if not tedious. Feed monkeys to slimes, split, kill slimes, harvest cores, etc. But the extract that turns you into a slime person could do with some added perks besides slimes not attacking you anymore. It'd also give it more of a perk to others or boon to traitors besides using golds to open pandora's box.

who ever is willing to code it I suppose

So does either one of these servers use the previous codebase Sierra had? I actually liked a lot of the shit that was implemented like the new ventcrawling that made being a MoMMI or swarmer a lot of fun and gave things like xenos more stealth and I actually liked the atmosborg.

Does either of these codebases pick up where the previous left off or are we once again doing that thing where months of updates are undone including actual good ones?

the code base sierra had was a older copy of pizza code but the latest build of that code is probably under sierras thumb as well as afew of the coders who downloaded it in time, however most of those things which were added were either taken from other servers, ventcrawling, but unless someone else has the atmosborg code that would need to be utterly redone as well as the R'n'D code and other little bits

What are you talking about? It's at the same place it's always been. It's always been open source. None of it is gone as far as I can tell.

github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station

ah the wiki doesn't link to it then

Is the Linux download in the BYOND website any good, or do I gotta use WINE?

I am still working on the ZAS atmos update. I might give it to /tg/ for stress testing when it is complete before migrating it over to whoever is running the Holla Forums server once I know it works perfectly.
All I can say is ZAS is a fucking nightmare at best.

what on earth is ZAS though?

the interface?

ZAS is the underlying atmospherics, spacewind, gas mixing, fire all these things affect how atmos works intotal. I am working on how gases mix and how fire affects other non flammable gasses.

that must be a project and a half mate

That is why I am doing it when there is nothing else happening. Noone to pester me for sprites to be put in the game, noone to ask for map changes, noone to ask for me to get on and admin.
I can autism in peace.

sorry for pestering you all those times then if I indeed had done so

There's two types of Atmosphere simulation in SS13. One is Tile-based Atmosphere Simulation and the other is Zone-based Atmosphere Simulation, the first one is the original and is still used nowadays in most server, also known as "slow" atmos, where every single tile in the game has it's own separate atmos.
ZAS on the other hand is based on the "rooms" the game has, which are separated by walls and airlocks and denoted by being able to hold only a single APC. In ZAS if a little bit of air escapes from a room, it affects ALL of them room at once and adyacent ones as well, and since it's easier to calculate zones instead of each individual tile in each zone one open breach in Departures can reach all the way to Permabrig in Metastation in a matter of seconds if all the airlocks leading to it are open, instead the half hour it would take for TAS to proccess it.
ZAS is also known as "realistic", "bullshit", "my lungs are exploding help" and "why can't i wake up holy shit the pressure stun based combat is retarded" atmos.

I never understood the underlying idea behind ZAS. It's concept is simple but it requires a lot of stuff to be defined in a certain way in advance and no attempt at breaking the mold to be performed by the players.

For instance, with ZAS, you could make a 255x1 room and all of it's tiles are simulated at the same time. But wouldn't it be pretty stupid to open a plasma canister in one corner and have the other immediately show it present? Or have a long and winded corridor somehow transfering atmosphere faster than a shorter corridor broke down into 2 or 3 pieces?

The performance gain is undisputable of course, but it either takes into account the volume of each room, making changes happen in a much smaller scale (therefore voiding the "fast atmos" idea) or it doesn't, giving us a quicker but more retarded atmosphere.

I sometimes wonder if SS13 wouldn't be better off being a series of connected shaped rooms instead of being this freeform. Something similar to the Dojo in Warframe.
It's not like construction actually plays a major role in most rounds anyway and shaped rooms would mean more individual and unique rooms to work with.

Is that still present in our server? I figured that after the code was imported, it would be the first thing to be fixed. And I said fixed instead of changed for a reason.

that kinda thinking is why you're fixing what you're fixing at the present mate

on cheese pizza it was only changed that you don't drop what you're holding with guns randomly discharging

Structural damage can be represented in different ways with holes in a mesh that perform the same function holes do. Rooms can have an "integrity" value that goes down as holes open and eventually the whole thing blows up and disappears.
Just saying, there are far easier ways to model a space station that make each room more unique and atmospherics much more simple.

being able to make new structures is a something which should only be made more indepth rather then simplified

someone needs to make a ss13 version of this song

we need a new thread