I finally bought FTL in the magnet shop and after finishing trhe game twice I can't fucking understand the fuss about it

I finally bought FTL in the magnet shop and after finishing trhe game twice I can't fucking understand the fuss about it

Am I missing something or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

infinitespacegames.com/weirdworlds/
ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2321#p9039
putlockers.ch/watch-rick-and-morty-tvshow-online-free-putlocker.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a resource manager. Story and events are there just as random events that make you ask "should I take this risk or not?"
Also, unlocking all the ships is pretty fun. Have you gotten the crystal ship yet?

And finally, it's better when you make up your own challenges. I know I know, if you have to create some meta objectives, those are not the game's merits anymore. But still I haven't completed a run on the stealth ship with a focus on ship boarding yet.
I name it Batwing and all the crew are part of the batfamily

The stealth ship is a fukken shit, I died in the first zone because fuck you no shields

The idea is good but the game lacks content/mechanics/fun everywhere, I hope they fix that with the sequel

It's a roguelite and people like to waste time with those.

It's typical indie-shit. It only sold because it was shilled by video game "journalists" and e-celebs.

Only hipsters and cucks liked it

You're not

you get to watch people run around a burning ship and die, or suffocate because you busted the O2 room and their health is too low to fix it

It requires a more active play. I wouldnt call ot shit, but it's a challenge. You have to constantly pay attention to your weapons refresh rate, and the timing of your enemies. Pausing frequently is the key, and you have to accept an occasional hit.
Well, I'm a fan of the game, somy opinion might be biased.

So, any actually fun roguelite?

Roguelikes are just autism and click spaming and roguelites are usually indie pixel trash that feels like a half assed rpg

this. honestly the most fun you can have in this game is either spamming fire beams and watching the enemy crew run around frantically trying to put them out, or just blow their O2 generator, or launch those enemy boarding drones and punch huge holes in their hull

I can think of plenty that are fun for around 5-10 hours but none that last much longer

jej

Already played, pretty boring, will try the other ones

People who complain about RNG are to shit to understand risk management.

who's [b]this[/b] semen demon?

hotline miami x ftl game when

oh wait

Holy shit, that looks fucking dank.
No idea how it sounds because no sound.

God damn, I wanna play that shit now.

Please tell me you got that alpha build laying around.

Is there such a thing as a good roguelite that's both skill-based and replayable past the 30 hours mark?

Lucky if you can get 10

Pulsar is better tbh famalam

Oh fuck, that's got a lot of potential. Hopefully the missions will be more challenging once it's finished to maximize the fun to be had clearing ships instead of shooting a guy down a hallway.

convoy is pretty cool

That game controls like sloppy dogshit.

Sometimes you're better off just assuming a game isn't meant for you. This is one of those times.

shit nigger what are you doing?

If you want a more casual game with a similar theme, I recommend Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space. No crew management, combat is more arcadey, and you play on a single big map not divided into sectors.
infinitespacegames.com/weirdworlds/

Try Dungeons of Dredmor or Delver. A word of warning, Delver is more difficult than it looks to be. You not only have to reach the bottom of the dungeon, but once you grab the treasure you were sent for, you have to fight your way up against constantly respawning army of undead. It's frankly out of my league, and I'm not a stranger to difficult roguelikes.

And if you fall into a pit, you don't land one dungeon layer deeper with some falling damage. It means instadeath.

The best roguelike I rarely see mentioned is Vagante, and I don't know about 30 hours but it has managed to hold my attention for a while. I think it's made by a Holla Forumsirgin but I'm not sure.

But that shit is literally a phone game

So? I'm playing it on the PC.

He? Being new, I guess.

Are you playing on hard mode, OP? If not, then no shit the game is boring.

For a second I thought that they made some sort of roguelite with Delve Deeper.

I've played FTL over 400 hours.

If you don't like it after finishing twice, I'd suffice to say the game isn't for you. Why make a personal blog about a four year old game, I don't understand.

I take it FTL is only for the high establishment?

Play a real RL you simple nigger.

I like FTL. It has a pretty nice soundtrack and I think it's fun to play.
Spelunky is still by far the best roguelike, in my estimation.

It's that damned bucket woman again.

RICHARD

goddamnit anons

I pirated FTL and still felt ripped off.

What's the matter, honey?

Of course, bitch

shes naked isnt she

stop making me feel old im not ready for this

Shit like this just makes me sad. How repulsive do you have to be that you can't even pay a woman to make eye contact with you?

Stealth ship is one of the more fun playthroughs, all iterations of it.

Got a torrent fam?

Not to defend it, but I'm pretty sure it's intentional.
I'll get an occasional craving for it and give up after an hour with most roguelikes. At this point, I can't find a roguelike I can like because I'm always assfucked by the RNG in some way.

No matter how skilled I may be at a roguelike. There's always something that goes wrong in every playthrough.
It's like having a car that breaks down and when you fix one thing, something else breaks.

I need a roguelike that's actually skill-based and replayable at this point.

People like you deserve to be shot. Stop it.

your hairs not grey its silver

I've still never beaten the final boss and I call bullshit on anyone who says they have. No matter what upgrades you have, it has infinite ways to overwhelm you before you can take out even one of its systems.

What the hell is been going on with Holla Forums this weekend?

If you know lucky star you ARE old, the fucking anime aired 10 years ago

haven't seen that picture in ages.

It is revolutionary because it is a finished game that is sold in one piece at a reasonable price.

But games are always 0₦

thanks for the reminder

ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2321#p9039
Read and learn.

Nope. Lost the files with HDD failure two years ago.

Meant here:

That's not old, faggot.

If you want to get into proper rougelikes DoomRL is a great gateway game. Simplified without being dumbed down and it does a great job capturing the feeling of Doom despite being turn based.

Try playing on normal

dont die yet, thread I want to read you after work

I have never beaten FTL on normal, the final boss just murders me every time with rng.

Binding of Isaac and Enter the Gungeon remain the kings of the twin stick roguelite genre, but you won't see anyone admit it over here because how hard everyone gets triggered by basic pop culture references

Stealth C is pain. How the fug do you make a stealth ship with no stealth?

reminder that decaf coffee, sugar free maple syrup and alcohol free beer are actual things, user.

and all taste like shit, your point is?

Gee user

No matter what I do I can't beat the game with the mantis ship. Every fucking time I think I'm doing well I screw up and kill half my crew somehow

Y

N

you cannot be that stupid, son. why don't you read a few posts back?

My biggest problem with FTL is that the music makes me feel sick.

Your fault for not upgrading or stocking up on fuel.

Also since when does the game punish you for ignoring distress signals?

Which trumpenese cartoon is that?

Rick and Morty. It's alright

Jesus that shit was everywhere on Holla Forums for a while. It till sorta is.

Desktop Dungeons is very good, probably the best coffee break roguelike I know.

It's a decent cartoon, but since reddit loves to circlejerk around it Holla Forums hates it now.

I remember it to pop up on Kickstarter with a $10k goal and fags throwing $200k at it, because it was set in space.
As a result we got not only a finished DRM free multiplat PC game at a fair price, but also free expansion later on
How has everything gone so right?

So many guns are useless and the king secret boss is a huge cunt who eats up ammo, no use ever going back there.

The game is super jewy with the keys too, beating the devil goes down to a lucky run not to mention both the girls are fucking useless and the game takes about 1 hour for a full run.

I don't see the point in using the shortcut elevator because the pre-baked weapons they give you are shit.

what's it like being a complete faggot?

first season was pretty good, then it got really reddit with forced DRAMATIC EMOTIONAL MOMENTS and science circle jerk, still okay but a little annoying

It's not exactly a roguelike, but have you tried Thea the Awakening? It's kinda roguelike 4X in the same way FTL is kinda roguelike space sim.

You can beat the game with the default guns, and there's guns all over the fucking place anyways
There's no words for you but GET GOOD FAGGOT

I'd love to see someone beat the hell boss with the default gun
Enlighten me there's a lot of low quality B and A stuff

The burst laser 2 is actually one of the best weapons in the game so the fact the default ship comes with it makes it very strong. Its got short charge time and fires three shots for only two power. You pair that up with a beam weapon (preferably the Helberd Beam) and one other weapon to get through shields and you're golden.
Burst Laser 2, Halberd Beam and Flak Cannon 1 are the holy trinity of weapons in the game so if you can find one of them in your run you're going to have a good time.

just a shitty FTL clone

Well, I'm disconnected from cartoons since I was 9, and that was 20 years ago, I know the simpsons are still a thing but thats it

putlockers.ch/watch-rick-and-morty-tvshow-online-free-putlocker.html
Give it a watch. I like it more than I ever liked any western animation I have seen before.

I always hated this notion. the gameplay on itself depends a lot on you except in the accuracy, which is pretty shitty, but random encounters on itself aren't RNG.

You and me both

Don't pretend the first season didn't have plenty of those. The season season is just a little less subtle about it. Second season is objectively better. And anyone who claims Rick and Morty is science is a moron, speciall ywhen the creators already said it's entirely science fiction

Adult swim usually have stuff that makes you laugh a lot. I liked ATHF and metalocalypse.

my only real problem with Rick and Morty is that the creators drop short blatant bits about obviously "progressive and tolerant" topics. Like saving the deer's life that was shot by a hunter when it was his quarry (and there are shit tons of deer, deer lives are not individually valuable), or Summer making that fucking quip about the gender pay gap, etc etc.

The animation and humor is definitely above average compared to comedy cartoons, but those little snags of political commentary are serious thorns in the side. Like they just couldn't fucking resist injecting their personal opinions into their series.

I tried spelunky, its pretty fucking shit, just a platformer with almost null gameplay and random generated craps

I'm in the same boat.
80% of the battles not entirely dependant on luck are easy as balls.
The last battle is 100% luck, mostly in what gear you were able to get before
The rest of the game outside ship-to-ship battles is boring anyway, and the battles themselves are only barely interesting.
Random events are all shit, you typically just risk a crewmember for something you don't really need anyway.
Half the weapons are useless. Half the upgrades are useless, too.

My opinion, it would've been way better an open world game.

Playing as something like a Mantis ship is very different, as you are primarily focused on killing the entire crew instead of destroying ships. Also, I recommend installing the Captain's Edition mod. It really makes the game more random.

Choose one.

u wot m8?

RNG is shit. I don't understand why people like it, just because it's "rougelike".
People like yourself are why the gaming industry is going down hill.

clone bays buddy
clone them all
never run out of crew
send them to fight withoug oxigen

Personally, never could get by with the cloning. Too slow. Medical teleport is best, but teleporter with upgraded medbay works fine every time.

The little snide bits of social commentary are actually something I enjoy.
If I had to guess, they probably do it because the amount of asshurt they generate from those bits is tremendous, and it's their response to all the backlash they get from doing the earlier ones. (Sort of a "now that you bitched about it I certainly am not going to stop doing it," thing.

A classic Holla Forums meme. Well done my friend

No, RNG is a staple of roguelikes. Being able to adapt to a game is half the fun of it. On one run the game might seem like a walk in the park, on another the world seems to be out to get you. Adapting and beating the odds is what makes the game fun and challenging.

I suppose you like your games with different difficulty settings too, user? never know when you might need to turn to the EASY difficulty, right?

Oh shit, I'm a retard

was meant to

you anons like western cartoons?

RNG is shit because 80% of the time, it means your entire game is going to be luck based. FTL is one of the worst examples of this, as whether or not you can beat the endboss is entirely dependent on this.
If your game has RNG, you can manage it by making it less prevalent in other areas, but games being entirely about RNG, and generally adding extra RNG makes the game no more fun than a game of Go Fish.

I'd prefer my game difficulty settings, yes. Though, to be fair, these days, games are getting to the point where 'hard' is meaningless anyway.
Still, far preferable to random 'walk in the part' one day 'literally impossible' the next RNG bullshit.

But that's the point. FTL actually has a balanced RNG. There's a chance your run was SO BAD you couldn't defeat the end boss. But it's minimal.
After you learn to manage resources and what opportunity cost means, you can get by even if the game doesn't toss you too many bones.

Also, talking about difficulty settings in a roguelike thread shows your power level user. Don't do it.

In my experience, it seems not. I find too often I run to the boss only to have piss poor weapons because fucking 50% of them are crap so the shops rarely have anything good. If I'm lucky, I win. If I'm not, I lose.
Shit, sometimes you just lose out of utter bullshit. I remember one time, for some reaosn or anyother, I never found a single shop in the last sector, and so ended up nearly out of fuel when I got to the final boss. Nearly kill the thing, only to run out, and have no way to catch up.
That said, the final boss area is bullshit anyway. You have to win in one go, because if you try to fetch a repair, it'll get to the base and win. No point to those shitty repair stations.

While I am complaining, only the final boss is any challenge. Early game you can lose to a couple of things, if your ship isn't equipped to deal with them, but for the vast majority of the time you breeze by everything not in some kind of storm or solar flare or whatever.

You're the one who brought it up, you retarded faggot. You stated, right here "I suppose you like your games with different difficulty settings too, user?"
There's absolutely no excuse to replace good game design with RNG. "Rougelike" or no.
Incidentally, FTL isn't really rougelike at all. In fact, most of these games have nothing to do with Rouge.
These are games made by morons like yourself in some faggot college liberal arts studies basement, what back in the day would be posted to Newgrounds, but now retards with no sense and mommy's money buy them up.

I really liked SOTS: The Pit

RNG means replayability, unforseen circumstances, and varying rewards/costs.

RNG is a good mechanic for any game without a concrete narrative to follow. You're just a baby that wants shit to be predictable.

Don't know what you've been playing, but FTL don't got more than a few rounds of replayability, and that's from a very short game as it is.
Things get dull very quickly.

I prefer, when it comes to replayability, to give the player options. That is to say, not force the player into a shitty box dictated by random chance, but to let the player decide his strategies on his own.

RNG is a shit mechanic when used as you see it in so-called "rougelikes". RNG is like salt, add a touch here and there to spice a little bit up, but if you add too much you're shit at cooking and you should go back to playing minecraft like the little underage faggot you are.

You don't need RNG to make a game replayable. Take for instance the Way of Samurai series. The games are full of choices and branching storylines with different endings, depending on the quests you did and the events you participated in. The games have a time limit and some events happen at certain times, so you can't do them all, you have to choose, if you know where to find them. If you die, then it's game over, you got to start from the beginning, kinda like in FTL. Also during the game if you defeat your enemies you can take their swords which you will be able to use from that point onward and even use them at the start of a new game(so you can start with an OP sword, if you are good enough to get it in the first place).
Replayability comes from acquiring most of the swords, getting all the endings, cosmetics, and for the simple fact that the gameplay is good.
So no, you don't need RNG to make the game replayable, it's just the easiest and laziest way of doing it.

You have a shitload of options. You're either to retarded to use them or aren't aware that they exist. Fuck you get over 8 ships with very different play styles, each of which has different layouts for preference. When you're actually fighting you can choose between several methods and tactics. Do you even know how to volley your weapons or time them to be the most effective? Have you ever timed your more active fire weapons to destroy orbital droids? Or used minor upgrades in your ships to your advantage? Or even thought about upgrading your doors to max and then draining your ship of oxygen to remove intruders? What about getting 1 more member in med bay to heal by making them walk in and out of it? There's also working with the upgrades you have, saving scrap for eventualities, knowing when to run like a bitch and knowing how to drain a little extra scrap/fuel/rockets/drones from an enemy pending on how you kill them.

There's more than plenty of player "options". You just need to be apprehensive and creative enough to expect the unexpected (Which you actually can expect, especially with certain upgrades). It's called Risk Management and getting gud. If rng was such a giant problem then runs like embed related wouldn't be possible. And he gets pretty shit luck in it.

True, and I like that. However, the ships don't have that significant a difference from one another and the result of the gameplay. The major thing they give you is starting equipment.
Ultimately, you are still stuck with RNG for what your playstyle must be. If you are unlucky with drones available, you won't be able to use it as a viable strategy late game, for instance. Starting equipment is rarely effective beyond the first three sectors.

Basic items like "timing and volleying" are not matters of replayability, you faggot. Those are functions of the gameplay. You have to use those, in order to actually win. You're talking about skill shit, not fucking strategy.

I understand all that, believe me. But when you put the RNG to a certain point, there's jack shit you can do if you're just unlucky. FTL is far too often like that.
Risk Management is perfectly fine, and having the ability to plan for a bad moment is actually exactly what I want. Frankly, I would've thought I'd gotten that across by this point, but I take it you're too deep in cocks from your black boyfriend to pay much attention.

RNG as gameplay is always shit. Games that let you plan for the worst possibility, they can be good. I always liked the XCOM types because of that. The enemy, the attacks, all that is RNG somewhat, but what you bring to bear, what you field against them, that's all on you. You can exercise tactics in a way FTL simply tosses aside in favor of the easy RNG system. It's lazy, and it is shit. It is the current death of our hobby, and scum like yourself are exactly why it is happening.

Sounds like you belong to ASSFAGGOTS and FPS, they have less RNG, that's what competitive faggots likes anyway. You're giveng all the options, not just when you want them or need them, but theu still work and are there, just like the binding of isaac and other games of the sort. That's the point of these games and the genre.
Basically kys.

On one hand I like the idea of RNG-driven space adventure.
On another, I played enough Oregon Trail to know why it's such a bad idea and why you likely won't be able to execute it proper without falling into either repetitive boring horseshit or massive RNG fuck-the-player-over YASD simulator.
Sadly, FTL is the latter.

Problem is, most the shit there is trivial and useless.
The weapons rarely matter, since most everything there is shit, and the ones that aren't won't hold up to lategame. Drones for engis are the same way. The ones with the extra cannon thing take too long for the thing to be used, and consume a load of power for what's not really that effective. Only thing worth any consideration is the ones with a teleporter, and maybe the stealth ship if you know what you're doing.
Ships looking different doesn't change anything.
Crewmember changes, outside of those electric blobs anyway, rarely matter. Mantises are okay, but overall, the difference is negligible, thanks largely to the loss of health and repair rate.

I don't like 'competitive' games, usually. Mostly on account of everything ultimately boiling down to one meta for everything. It is a problem in most strategy games, you ask me. Hard to fix, too. Beats RNG, though, where it's all based on luck.
Binding of Isaac is shit as well, for the same reasons, you ask me. Only reason it gets by is it has so much shit in it, and its got a gameplay aspect that means with skill you can get by even with shit luck. FTL really doesn't have that.
You ask me, the point of these games, and the 'genre' is to get money with very little work actually put in to making a good game. Balance, map design, difficulty, all that can be tossed out the window in favor of "RNG", and idiots like yourself will still eat it up.

Sounds to me like you'd be more at home in a casino. But, obviously you couldn't do that. Have to be old enough, after all.

Stealth ship is a vastly different play style compared to engie. I don't know where you're going with this. If you use your ships strengths well enough they're absolutely viable strategies even up to the final boss. Shit I used low level drones to beat the Flagship once because I was bored. If you actually don't understand the additions and subtle play styles that come with every upgrade then you really need to fuck off and play the game.

This is why you get the Drone Recovery Arm or one of its many cousins in upgrades. If you're somehow unlucky enough to find any of them in a shop then you can always find an upgrade for more scrap or simply be more fickle with them. Even then drones are easy mode and probably the most RNG dependent method of fighting in the game. But if you're smart enough then you can usually be pretty clever with them. They shouldn't serve as a main force though unless you're extremely comfortable with your build. They work best as a method of offense and keeping enemy shields lower. Which is why it's important to time your fire.

I never said they were but
It's strategy to know how to even use those. It's also strategy to time your weapons in a certain way depending on the type of ship your fighting. If you're fighting a Rockmen ship for example it's usually a good idea to focus your volley on weapons rather than shields so you can take all of them out before they volley you. You're not considering the context for situations. And I don't know about you but I find replayability in getting better with my timing and refining my tactics.

I just posted a video of some faggot playing the game with no oxygen/doors/shields/sensors. If you've found a position where you just "can't" win in the first few sectors then you're playing the game like a retard. I haven't died in the first 3 sectors since I first started playing the game.

Unfortunately RNG is present in almost every game ever so you'll need to rephrase what you just said. RNG is used appropriately very often.
Like FTL :^)

I can go on with tactics that I'm sure you've never heard of. Like the best use for a beam weapon or how to effectively kill members on enemy ships without actually having to remove their O2 or boarding so you an get more scrap. Honestly though it's not worth the effort. You might think you can't because you're a mouth breathing retard but you need to git gud.

Did that first one.
Rocks are too slow for the fire brigade.
Drones are too expensive most the time, and I always ran out after a while, unless I was lucky enough to get a nice drone recovery arm [RNG].

Or maybe you don't bother to give it the right use. Under the right combination, I assure you that most weapons have an use, even if there are better weapons than other, and that's exactly the replayability these kind of games have.
Yah, you're a faggot. I'll give you that the game is terrible degined as in it doesn't force you to make use of these different advantages or try to cover to their weaknesses, but if you're being attacked by a ship with mind controlling device and your crew is composed of those slugs that cannot be controlled you'd be fucking thankful.
if you are as skillful as you claim to be, you wouldn't have any problem with RNG, after all part of skill is overcoming hardships you could encounter with little to no preparation. That's something that the faggots that turn off items in smash don't get, and something you don't get either. But hey, at least you got your mad skillz to not overcoming hardships.

I think you are a complete faggot for dismissing legit tactics, pretending that all weapons, ships and crew are the same and arguing that fighting against the odds is intrinsically bad.
But I will agree with you that RNG in FTL is too excessive. Some tactics do require a certain set of items / crew members / events to be available, and it is possible for them to simply never come around. Some percentage of playthroughs will always go straight to the garbage bin, not because the player fucked up, but because he was unlucky. There will be scenarios that just cannot be won.

A large chunk of this can go to
Stealth ship is about the only ship that is fundamentally different. Outside of that, the only ship that really changes things up is the Mantis ship, as it makes boarding viable early game.
Engi-ship can be different, but I've found it relies too much on RNG to survive [see ]
Again, as I said, they do not have a significant difference from one another, and rarely have any on the gameplay itself outside of the stealth ship.

Fucking kill yourself, you faggot. Seriously, I don't even know why I fucking bother at this point. The level of retardation here is so high I honestly do not know how you manage to function in life. I'd tell you to put a bullet through your brain, but I honestly don't think it'd do anything at all. You'd probably still go around, posting retarded shit like you are, until someone pries you off with a crowbar.

You replied, in
In response to a post,
Specifically the line,
Now, given your previous posts, it may well be that you are just retarded, and lack the ability to read. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Is it strategy to use a rifle to shoot a guy far away?
Is it strategy to push the gas pedal in a racing game?
No. These are the basic requirements of the fucking game, you retard.
If you do not know how to volley your shots, you do not win. That is it. You will die, you will not continue forward in the game. There's nothing to add.

Holy fuck, you really are an idiot, aren't you?
Anyone can beat the first few sectors. Hell, it's pretty damn easy to get to the final boss. The hard part is actually beating that. That is entirely dependent on RNG. The rest of the game, frankly, is piss easy.
Frankly, I am surprised anyone can die in the first area. All you have to do is upgrade your shields once, and you're golden. Works for the next area, most the time, as well. Shit, with the health they give you, you should be able to slog through at absolute worst case.
Neither have I. It's piss easy.

Anyway, once again you act like an illiterate retard.
Follow the context. This ain't a matter of proof, you idiot.

I was saying that I actually want Risk Management. But, FTL doesn't give that. FTL gives you RNG.
I actually like games like XCOM and such, or as a better example table top strategy games like Warhammer and the like. Hell, I even like games like DnD, though I guess that's less for the strategy aspect as it is the roleplay adventuring.
Still, in those, ultimately what it comes down to is luck of the dice. If you are unlucky, you can lose. But, the point is to maximize your chances, your odds, so that if one guy fails to kill the target, you have four others already in place to help out.
A little RNG can be good, I like a touch here and there, but if you make the entire game around that, it's shit.

See above, retard. Hell, just read any of my posts for once, and you'd know what I mean.

FTL, as I've already gone over, does not do that. It relies far too much on RNG.

The examples you provided were cases of standard gameplay that, without, you would simply lose. The drone bit you mention in this post relies on RNG, as you yourself mention.

Firebeam + ions = perfection
Faggot

Fighting against the odds when you can plan against the odds is fine. As mentioned, I like games like xcom for that.
Most the weapons in the game are shit, outside a select few. Most crew aren't worth much vs others, outside a select few. Most ships outside a select few aren't that different from one another, and only effect the early game.

They do but you're not acknowledging them. Such as the Zoltans emphases on shields rather than hull defense or the Crystal ships. I'm moving on because you're not even aware of how different they are.

lol
I bet you didn't even read past the point where I told you to be more fickle with them or actually focus on scrap recovery instead of fuel or missiles. You have to be from reddit to be this astoundingly unaware.

I was refuting you being shit and unaware of your actual options. I never directly said that any of the options presented limited replayability. Your idea of replayability and my idea of replayability are obviously within different realms.

You would be surprised at the amount of retards that don't do this. Even then you can win without doing it albeit you have to be pretty lucky or rely on another method of progressing.

I should have just responded to this first. You're to retarded and assumptive to have an argument with. I'll say it one more time because you're mouth breathing retarded but git gud.

Yeah, that's the point. You have to make with what you'd got. What the fuck kind of argument is that, even? If all the weapons were "good", then there would be no difficulty.
Both ship layout and crew build are small things that have a huge impact on the long run. They directly affect how you're able to deal with boarding, fires and oxygen drain. If you think they don't matter, you only further prove that you have barely played the game for one round,

Most weapons can have a use, but most of them are shit unless you have, as you say yourself, 'the right combination'. IE, rely on RNG.
If it wasn't for the RNG, I'd totally agree with you. I love that about games like xcom. Give your units all one weapon, and things can be entertaining. Blow everything to bits with a grenade launcher, let's say.
But with RNG, I can't do that.

Room distribution doesn't change much of anything thanks to the AI never giving a shit, near as I can tell. Only time it ever matters is if the AI can link four rooms together with a single beam. Medbay placement is the only thing of any importance, and I've found that most the time, that few seconds of walking don't change anything.
Crewmembers being naturally better in certain things doesn't change a thing, since if you do not grind all abilities aside from repair early game, you are a fucking moron.
Repeat small laser or other one-shield damage weapon, and let the other guy keep shooting at you. So long as you have two shields, most the first and second sector stuff can't hurt you, aside from missile guys. You can max out your pilot, your engineer, your shield guy, and your weapons all in one coffee break.

Never had much an issue with mindcontrol myself. Sure, it's a bit of a pain, but it rarely lasts long enough that they do significant damage.

No skill will save you when the last sector had no fuel and so you arrive with no way to actually beat the final boss.

Incidentally, I feel like you, and others here, don't seem to understand that most the game is so piss easy it doesn't really matter what you do as long as you are vaguely sensible about it.
It is the boss that everything goes to shit.
Most the rest of the game, only issue you'll ever have is right late middle, that I've seen. late, you usually have full upgrades, if you aren't shit.

Are you meaning enemy ships, or player ships?
That I know, only major difference the Zolt ship had was an overshield. Useful, but dies quick. Crystals I don't remember, other than the no o2, which was somewhat useful for boarders.

You obviously need no missiles when you're talking no guns. Scrap has no use if you can't hit enough shops, which often don't have very many drone parts in stock.
One wrong battle, and you're dead before you even manage to reach the endboss.

Right. Why bother replying then?
Like I said, those "options" weren't matters of replayability as they are not actual options, so much as matters of the basic function of the game.
Shit, I'll just link you back to the lot where I was talking about exactly that:
I am terribly sorry to hear about your severe mental handicap.

So in other words, the RNG in this game is so bad, you can win even when you are so shit you should lose.
How is that good again?

Fucking hell, I never wished cancer so much on someone.
You replied
To the line in
Which I stated that I do not have a problem with risk management.
This isn't a matter of proof, because it's a fucking question of what I PERSONALLY LIKE
Seriously man. You're starting to piss me off here.
Just go back to preschool. Reading is clearly not your specialty.

Let me rephrase: Most the weapons are so shit, the weapons you start off with are so much better, that there is no point in ever getting them.
A large chunk of the weapons on the ship are also so shit there's no point in ever using them, just selling them the moment you can.

Ship layout only matters in boarding [and then only barely] and beam weapons. Beyond that, the effect is so trivial, it might as well not exist.
Fire is stopped with sufficiently upgraded doors, so if you have a problem with fire, I'd just tell you to get good. As for o2 drain, the doors stop that most the time as well, and really it's more of a matter of if you can get the o2 pump repaired in time.

Played it long enough to know it is shit.

At this point I don't care anymore. It's like trying to argue Athiesm against a Christian or vice versa. I don't feel like wasting time trying to make sense of your disjointed post and bringing up substantial facts that you refuse to acknowledge.

ll I'll say to wrap it up are that I've been in many a situation that looked like the RNG was against me the entire way in both drops and events but I persevered because I actually knew how to use every scrap both figuratively and literally to my advantage. It's why I rarely lose on the final sectors even when I progressively get worse off as I go. Shit I made it through a final rebel sector with 34 hours
lol

Also

Who does? The late and sometimes early midsection are the only challenge. Midearly if you are shit out of luck on drops, late for usual stuff due to that's when they starts packing more boarders and missiles and shit, I've noticed.
The game is easy up until the boss. The problem is, if you don't got the RNG for it, the boss wins every time.

k fam

Tell your mother I'll be by at 8.

gl with that.

You two meet up to fug and stop posting

I hope it doesn't faggot.

What a terrible thing to hope for. I hope you apologize to your mother for that.

What is she going to do? Haunt my ass?

Family is very important, user, and your mother would be sad to hear that.

Are all Japanese autistic?

:(

No, but this thread sure is.

That's it lads we reached our low point
It doesn't get worse from here

i'm going to kill myself just to rape your mom in hell

All that branching content eventually gets experienced and will be the exact same way everytime you play, same choices == same results. This doesn't happen with RNG.

You are full of shit. I've put hundreds of hours into the game and no two runs have been the same.

k fam

So, any reason of everything on this genre looking like a gameboy game or a flash game?

Kill yourself anytime

A successful boarding action yields the most loot. Ships with the 4-crew-big teleporters have an advantage there.

Oh shit. Now I'm having nostalgicfeels.

Isn't random?

How does it work?

I guess because the enemy ship doesn't get trashed. Try that yourself, do two runs and write up how much you get in TOTAL each time, one when shooting things and one mostly boarding.

Fug

Well after some hours can confirm, this game is bretty fun

+1 that this game is fun.

Mages are so fucking useless, holy shit