3DS CFW+Homebrew: Getting Unbanned Costs $100 Edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
plailect.github.io/Guide/
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. The phailect guide might say 10.7 can't use broswerhax but it can.
>11.0-11.2:
Running CFW is not as straightforward
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW OR STEELHAX. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade ← This may soon be updated to allow downgrades without a second 3ds, ie steelhax
Post a reliable guide for using steelhax ITT and it will be put into the OP for the next thread until Phailect guide has been updated
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible on 11.x

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
pastebin.com/riJTLTqJ
archive.is/1Umy7
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/263172-3ds-custom-virtual-console-nes-gb-gbc-gba-gen-md-games-595-games.html?highlight=gameboy
gbatemp.net/threads/has-anyone-gotten-banned-from-playing-pokemon-moon-online.447971/page-260#post-6849812
plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started-(old-3ds-eur)
plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax
plailect.github.io/Guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher)
gbatemp.net/blog/aurora-wright.46970/
olgaorly.deviantart.com/gallery/
them3dshax.000webhostapp.com/config.php
youtube.com/watch?v=QbzYPOqvzB0
plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/
plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)
plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-downgrade
gbatemp.net/threads/super-nes-injection-guide.427181/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-clear-3ds-icon-cache-useful-for-universal-inject-generator-users.427993/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!1?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline. Asking WHEN doesn't make it come faster.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.
>My issue is covered in this FAQ at all!
Check 3dshack and the gbatemp to see if someone has had your issue and as fixed it. If you're going to post your issue here INCLUDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE. You're only opening yourself to shitposting if you don't.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
>I'm a citra user and can you tell me where to find unencrypted roms?
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
GBA VC Injector: mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/riJTLTqJ
Last Thread: archive.is/1Umy7

forgot to mention in the second image filename
According to leddit that is the firmware the blackfriday 3ds comes with

Do I need the flashcart to emulate GBC/GBA games? Haven't owned a gameboy since the GBC. Which 3DS should I get?

No. Use injects, either make own or download from various sources.

N3DS is preferable.

the one you can afford
3ds is able to emulate all gba games

what the fuck
is there no alternative?

Thanks Anons

It makes sense to me, they ban you based on a unique aspect of the console so the friend code seed is simple to check and ban. If you don't want to buy one just offer to mod one for someone else and steal their info for yours.

They're working on it, gbatemp is up to 300 pages in 2 days. Some guy on twitter claims to have it, but he's helping people in small batches each day, no guide or anything.

Following the guide and HBLauncher loads me up to a red screen on the bottom. Help anons

just reset and try again

I think red screen means somethings wrong with the files
yellow screen means try again

Ok, i installed luma. so even though it's still technically my sysnand, can I still update it? I know this is always asked, but I thought that you could only update your emunand, which apparently is a thing of the past.

if you have luma as your sysnand then I assume you have a9lh. If so just back up your sysnand if an update comes out and install it, if it ""bricks"" you just go into decrypt9 and restore the back up

Thank you user.

Anyone have the recommended games image?

Is it safe to go online on Pokemon Sun/Moon provided I've downloaded it from Freeshop?

Yes

3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/263172-3ds-custom-virtual-console-nes-gb-gbc-gba-gen-md-games-595-games.html?highlight=gameboy
here buddy

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ONE 3DS BAN FIX WHEN!!!!!

FUCK THE TWITTER FAGGOT STROKING HIS EPENIS JUST RELEASE THE FUCKING MEANS OF UNBANNING YOU FAGGOT PIECE OF SHIT

FUCK LURANTIS I BET HES A GAYFREAK EMPLOYEE

gbatemp.net/threads/has-anyone-gotten-banned-from-playing-pokemon-moon-online.447971/page-260#post-6849812
this seems to be a fix for 002 only that works for some people some people, like myself, don't have a difference between the two hexes for some reason, and thus there's nothing to change.

Wait what is getting people banned from Pokemon Moon online? I've had it since it was leaked but have had wireless disabled. Since the game is out now am I safe to go online?

Retards went online with a leaked game.
Maybe you should re download from freeshop just to be sure.

People got banned at complete random, for some just having it installed was enough. Beingoffline the whole time you're probably just fine, but replace the leak you got with a legit version through Freeshop.

I was thinking of doing this. I suppose I can just backup/restore my save with JKSV. I stupidly visted the Festival Plaza before (while offline) though, any chance somethin in my save could tip off Nintendo?

Save data contains nothing incriminating unless Nintendo thinks to check your playtime or something (unlikely). Fault with the leak is its version string is 0.

They could presumably see the save's creation date. However, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

they cannot ban based on date because of
and

pleb

For play time, if you're really that paranoid, then just wait until the time since the game unlocked is greater than your playtime.

Can someone point me in the direction of a guide to install A9LH while on Luma?
The guide to install luma is a fucking mess and I can't skip ahead since I already have Luma itself

I'm fucking lost

Just follow the plailect guide as if you didn't have a CFW up until you need to transfer, it doesn't matter

the guide explicitly states this, come now user

start the guide from step 1. if you don't have al9h, anything previously installed (ie. emuNANDs) are irrelevant.

But I have no idea what to choose
I get up to here plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started-(old-3ds-eur) and I don't know what I should pick because not only I don't know what any of these mean but it's not the way I'm launching my homebrew

Is this plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
What I need to do if I'm opening the homebrew channel via Ninjhax?

I don't know, stop being a fucking faggot and get menuhax

See even then
How the fuck do I get menuhax when I have everything else already set up to work with ninjhax and all the guides start from a normal 3DS

as for which to choose from the column, just pick whichever one is for your sysver. If you go into the browser and a message appears urging you to update then use the (no browser) link

Part 1 is setting up homebrew
Part 2 is where you use it
Proceed to part 2, mouth breather.

ninjax is just an access method for the homebrew launcher which you should have installed (and if you don't then do that).

You won't cause a building to fall by adding more doors to it. Ergo, you can use as many entrance points as you like. Menuhax is the most convinient one which is why it is reccomended

I won't spoonfeed you on how to install menuhax

Dunno man I literally have no idea what the technical jargon means github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax

This is like trying to read arabic, it's not an installation guide
I'm just not gonna play pokemon I guess

you went to the directory for the source code. You will find nothing of value over there and neither will anyone who is not programming.

The only info about how to install it is at the bottom of the page
if you got anything better then please help me

I can't find it

that looks different, maybe I'm confusing it with something else

either use a youtube video or continue using ninjax, if your end goal is a9lh by the time you're done you will not need an access point other than an icon in your menu (this can be installed later through FBI, the .cia installer. .cia is one of the extensions for 3DS applications and the only one most people need to care about)

just follow from part 2 as the other user said

Part 2?
Which one is part 2?

Fuck man I have no idea what I'm doing

We found a retard too retarded for the retard-proof rewrite. Congrats.

wow that guy is a faggot splitting his guide up like that

initially there was a convienient table to the right of the page with guide parts

assuming you are on 9.2 and can get into the homebrew launcher continue from

plailect.github.io/Guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher)

Alright I just updated Ninjhax from 1.1b and now I can't start Luma anymore from the homebrew launcher.

So I guess I'll just start from this and see where the fuck it brings me
Thanks user

If the DSiWare downgrade method is updated to not need a second 3DS is it a safe bet that it will need Steel Diver? I'm on 11.0 and I just had the terrible realization that I don't have that and I'm pretty sure I can't get it without updating to 11.2.

welp

Get the physical version of steel divers

Is it safe to use the .cia file for the new pokemon games? For some reason freeshop is slower than regular downloading a .cia for me. And can I go online with it now?

1) How do I install custom splash screens on o3DS if I'm using luma

2) Anybody got any idea how to get the microtransactions shit from Swapdoodle without paying?

3) Is there any way to get themes to stay when removing the SD card?

Read the Luma faq, is literally there.
Thus far, I don't think you can bypass micro transactions, it's not possible with pokebank, at least, but I hope someone can do it with that new notes app.
What do you mean? official themes installed by .cia stay, dunno about custom ones.

I know you can download more games for the streetpass plaza, I supposed it worked the same

I was talking about custom ones

There's a PR for Luma that you can selfcompile right now if yo can't wait.
It sends garbage to Nintendo instead of NNID, effectively removing the ban and allowing access to eShop and online games.

Looks like aurora will implement a menu for payloads instead of binding them to a button.

On a side note, based on what some anons dead in the last thread, is aurora a tranny or something?

gbatemp.net/blog/aurora-wright.46970/

Nevermind, this is just POC and will likely get fixed or ban you harder. Just hope it's a temp ban, and if not, I've got a wild strategy that I shall reveal after you subscribe to my twitter.
What you do it email Nintendo, tell them you got banned for using a cartridge you got before street date. They're asking for photos, so get a friend or an user from here to give you pictures with timestamps and names.

Oh

Is mental illness a requirement for being a dev or something?

Also I'm 90% sure this is him
olgaorly.deviantart.com/gallery/

sharing a nationality with this faggot disgusts me

Wasn't the dev of Dolphin or something a tranny too? Why the fuck are trannies so common online?

Infiltration of SJWs and other undesirables into the software development world? If that's what you want to believe.

Lemme guess, French or French Canadian?

Italian.

ey paisan

They will never reclaim the glory of Rome.

Is it safe to link NNID with a CFW 3ds?

ye

Why do people get so triggered about how other people choose to live their lives? It is kinda sad.

I see this from / pol and the SJWs both. Why not just live your own life and not give a shit? Seems healthier and frees up time to do important things like watch anime and play videogames. All this useless drama.

Good for him for not shoving it in people's faces though. At least he puts being a dev first. I would never have known about this if you guys hadn't dug it up and that is good dev work.

He literally posted a blog and a thread (now deleted) about it on gbatemp

I know, right? Too many people are getting triggered when a person is a heterosexual male that is, god forbid, white. It's ridiculous.

What are the in-game screenshot tools available for AL9H+Luma CFW?

Anyone with the retail copy experience it shutting down on startup? I'm running Luma3ds.

What do you mean with shutting down?
The system literally turns off or the screen goes black but the console is still on?

o3ds, Power light turns off, wifi light turns off doesn't restart like Monster Hunter kept doing, which I fixed with the arm9loader thing.

Are you on a9lh?

Damn man I've never heard or seen this

that place is nothing BUT faggots

I only have 2 issues with the trans stuff giving children hormone therapy or any other kind of medical procedure to alter their gender. Forcing people to either let them or not let them use their private bathrooms. Aside from those 2 things live your life and I'll treat you fine as long as you aren't an asshole.

Because you shouldn't allow crazy people to do whatever they want
If someone tells you they're Napoleon you don't let them go around believing they're right, you help them.

Giving people HTR therapy and sex change operations is wrong, because these people are not in their right mind to decide what is best for them.

The ban is probably a temp ban, you can really start to worry if you still don't have access in early December

Nintendo already came out and said they're not temporary

I've heard conflicting reports, so we'll see

So what they either feel better about themselves or in most cases kill themselves if that's what they want fine. Now if you wanna talk about how all this bullshit is obfuscating and preventing proper research yeah it is all kind of fucked up. People should be given all the information available before making a decision like that. However all this activism bullshit has really fucked the hell out of medical research regarding this stuff. Just like they fucked up all the global warming stuff.

So if my NNID is gone after I set up CFW, do I have to do anything other than link it again?

33% percent of all trannies kill themselves.
50% of those that live are not happy and regret it.
I know this shit, a friend of mine has recently come out as tranny and I did some research.
He is not mentally well, he hasn't been for a long time, and he should not be allowed to do this to himself.

It's not right.

h-hello?

I think NTR is about the only off the top of my head.

Whats with all the moralfags getting pissy about piracy shit? Do they think nintendo needs people to defend them?

Where I've only seen people gloating over morons who got banned by going online with a game that wasn't out yet. That was also Nintendo's probably biggest game of the year.

Plus they shouldn't be giving physical treatment for what is essentially a mental problem. The problem isn't that they are the wrong gender, it's that they deluded themselves into thinking they are.

It's like the disorder where people want to amputate their limbs. No respectable doctor would honor such a request, they would get psychological treatment like any other crazy person.

Don't most trannies end up killing themselves after they transition?

Probably because they realize that they never addressed their real problem, and just ended up mutilating their body. It's not right for doctors to encourage this.

I guess as long as the faggotry that possess Bethesda modders to close their mods for bulk shit reasons never touches aurora then we're fine.

How do I install NTR? I found the BootNTR cia and the ntr.bin for 3.4 but when I try to open BootNTR I get an error related to the home menu.

Nevermind, I'm retarded

If I download Sun through Freeshop, do I need to do anything special to keep using my save from the .cia version I've been playing?

Also, do out of region physical games work on arm9/luma?

HOW THE FUCK DO I FIX THIS!? OR and other games runs fine but I'm getting this error with Moon

NTR is a shit fetish and you should feel bad.

Then you should kill yourselves.

Are you retarded?

It's just bait.

Does anyone have a link to the prepatched Fire Emblem If cia?

I saw it floating around one of these threads earlier, but can't find it now.

Okay, what the fuck is taking so long?
Has literally no one across the entire globe bothered to get the title key for the update?

I mean, the game is trash, but still.

How realiable/retard proof is the dsiware downgrade method? My source 3ds have no NNID, and the Stock New3DS I want to transfer to has my NNID, will this be a problem?

Try updating from the game's main menu

if I try that, won't it just nuke all my DLC (specifically, SK2 Deep Crimson and Smash 4)?

So whatever was up with that supposed timebomb in Rinnegatamante's shit like CHMM? If you go to his website now there's no mention of it.

equally reliable to the normal downgrade method. dsiware just changes your NFIRM to something sub-11.0, so the end result is you downgrade as if you were on a 10.x system. your NNIDs are backwards. source system needs one and n3ds doesn't. it's a bit of a slog so if you're feeling lazy you can just wait a month for slowhax.

It's a weird, but happy feeling having a friend who is a tranny and completely happy with >her self.

Thank you for this wonderful guide. My 3DS and my other friend's 3DS are hacked to the current limit. I hope all of you have a wonderful night.

It's nice, like watching a flower growing through cracked pavement. Have some lewds.

Yes.

Probably a hacked account.

It's a manual update to the cache, but I had a look and yes:
NO ONE HAS POSTED THE UPDATE

What funny people they are over at 3DSISO. They form groups to pay for shitty Weeb games 10 people in the world care about, but won't dump free update enckeys.

If one of you update it through eShop, dump the ticket and update 3ds.titlekey.com, they need the updates.
I don't even like Animal Crossing, but this is silly.

Pick two. El oh el.

I've had two friends crash and not be able to open Moon/Sun.

First one had a pirate copy, reinstalling the cia worked.

Second one went through and installed A9LH (he was still using RxTools) which also worked.

All I got for you, good luck.

Sorry to double post, but my friend on RxTools had that, see

Tolerance or looking away from shit kills societies. You're the part of the problem.

im reading the GB/C pokemon games have local trade, do other GB injects have connection enabled? or is it only a pokemon thing? I need to know

Pokemon only afaik
those ports are shit though, they censored shit

that's too bad, I was excited for a moment

Is this site for browserhax down? Get an error on the page when trying to view it.

Anyone?

No you don't, just delete the game via system settings and make sure you pick the option to keep a save backup, the save will be restored the moment the game appears in your home menu.

If you're paranoid you can also use svdt or another save managing tool.

Thanks.

Just download the american version. It has german text for me so my guess is that the typical eu languages are included.

them3dshax.000webhostapp.com/config.php

Also out of curiosity what does the Isabelle Amiibo do in New Leaf? Does she get a house or something?

obviously I couldn't find anything, or else I wouldn't ask

If there isn't an Animal crossing thread make one, wait till it gets 100 or so replies, and then ask the thread.

Bystander effect probably

Gives me an error too, though I can load on browser from PC. Think it has to do something with me being on 9.2 though. On the site it says
The sysmodule version must be the one from system-version >=9.6.0-X.
Guess I must be above 9.6 to use?

Nvm, I'm an idiot. Was checking dns settings, and I was using one that smealum had to block nintendo updates. Looks like it went down. I changed dns settings to my personal one, and now it works perfectly.

Am I fucked? Is there a way using my CFW o3ds to salvage this? I bought the n3ds because it would be easier to install arm9loaderhax on, not wanting to do another downgrade on my o3ds.

Thanks for all the handy guides and advice in this thread, I was able to fix everything without a hitch.

How do you turn off the outlines in Sun and Moon?

youtube.com/watch?v=QbzYPOqvzB0

Thanks a lot.

So I fucked up and bricked my n3ds trying to unban myself. I have sysnand 9.2 and emunand 11.2.0-35u running Luma. No A9LH unfortunately. I know that I need a hardmod to fix it, but how do I hardmod it? What do I do after the hardmod?
Also, my friend's on 11.2 and wants homebrew. Is there any entry for them?

>plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
So can I do the system transfer + dsiware downgrade thing using an o3ds on rxtools? Is upgrading emunand to 11.2 safe?

I can't provide any help, I can call you a faggot, though.
All your answers should be in the guide, and your friend entry point is dsiware downgrade, I think.

Either what suggested or I hope you know how to use a soldering iron to do a NAND dump: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/

So you can boot the 3DS? What version does it show in system settings? If it's 9.2, then you did a partial downgrade and you need to repeat the process and downgrade again.

Hey have there been any patches to the internal GBA emulator to get pokemon games to work?

Pokemon games have worked since the beginning. Try not being retarded.

Was wrong, didn't do recovery yet. It does boot, it just takes a lot longer and needed a new SD card. Starting over from scratch. Thank god, don't want to do the system transfer dsiware shit if I don't have to.

No they don't, the save files get corrupted and eventually delete themselves.

Faggot, try knowing what you're talking about.

Yeah, just re-format the SD card and do it again from the top with menuhax and everything. Keep doing it until the downgrade is successful. The downgrader uses an extremely unreliable exploit.

I've had my Emerald on my 3DS just fine without any problems wtih a save I've had for over a year. Try not being retarded, faggot.

He is right, though, I remember corrupt save files being a problem. My Castlevania AoS deleted itself once. I don't have more information on it, though, other than some anons mentioning it.

Then tell me the settings you used because I tried for a whole day with any combination and the most stable was one that told me the save had disappeared every time I started and forced me to back up a previous save. Until it couldn't back up anymore and it deleted everything.

There are no settings to use, you just import the save.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
To launch GBA titles as CIAs you need to convert them and select a setting for the format the save will be in.

And you pick the save format that the game supports, retard.

Yes and none works right with pokemon

You're just retarded then

Gimme your settings since you're so smart

If you're having issues just find a .cia guaranteed to work.

Both you anons are retards. None of those options will help you, Pokémon games and other Gba titles that have complicated save handling need a patched .gba or some hex editing magic. Search around for a .cia that will work.

I'm playing hackroms.
I tried testing on normal versions and then hackroms. Nothing worked.

I had already tried patching it or hex editing it. Still wasn't working right.

Then find a working .cia instead of making one.

On latest Luma, what the fug, wasn't doing this prior to me updating and 11.2

As I already said to you, I'm not using normal pokemon games CIAs
Don't bother responding if you won't even read shit

Then it looks like you're fresh out of luck. You're just hmgoing to have to play your romhack on PC

How about you faggots just dump the whole idea of the hackiness of injecting ROMs into existing virtual console titles and simply make use of our one true savior RetroArch?

Because it'll run better. One romhack giving an user a hard time is no reason to abandon the definitive Gba emulator on the platform

The reason why trannies kill themselves isn't because "it's wrong", it's because of people like you being their relatives and only friends.

It's not about realizing you're some kind of self-mutilated failure - HRT and voice changes -can- be reversed and/or hidden with effort, many trannies don't go for sex change operations (they're fucking expensive, on the order of >$15k even if you go to e.g. Suporn in Thailand), and living as a feminine man or a masculine woman is better than nothing.

Just imagine realizing that you're extremely uncomfortable with your own body, and there's not much you can do to change it. Your devout Christian mom and dad always loved you, but then you decide to come out to them, and they turn on you, declaring you the devil's spawn, "unnatural" and "full of sin". And because you're in a shitty situation, you can't move out. How would you feel?

Go. Fuck. Yourself.
This nigger went from being completely ignored by anyone, to a day later getting 50+ likes on his pics of him dressing like a woman and wearing fake tits. People that have ignored him for 2 years are now all of a sudden around him all the time. And no one. I swear to fucking Christ, no one has the balls to say anything about this hypocrisy.

These people have ALWAYS enormous amounts of support by everyone, which makes them think everything is great making it impossible for them to realise that it won't be.

So you know what? Go fuck yourself. You don't know shit.

So you're envying her because she's getting attention and support? You must be pretty desperate.

'sides, I'm a tranny myself, I'm active in relevant communities. And yet, I'm not getting that "enormous amount of support" by everyone. In fact, most people I talk to just take it as a fact, accept it, and move on. They don't give much of a fuck, and leave it up to me what to do instead of telling me DO HRT AND GET BREAST IMPLANTS AND VOICE SURGERY AND A VAGEENA GO GIRL. It's how it goes in the large communities I'm in, and it's how it goes for just friends. When I started HRT, it was -my- decision to do so, and I wasn't told by anyone that I really really should do it.

1/10

What I'm saying is, it's not a giant circlejerk. Body building forums are worse. The general opinion of people I've seen in those communities is "don't do as told, but do what you think is right for you" - that goes for both arguments from critics (such as meatspace individuals or people like you) as well as arguments from the community itself.

Then mutilate your brain like you mutilated your crotch.

It arguably is already mutilated, considering how mentally ill he is.

You seem upset, honey.

Trans communities, that is.

Pretty sure I still have a dick, but thanks for your concern.

Then you aren't a tranny, you're just a faggot and a blight on society with you mental illness that you aren't getting treated.

So guess is time to update to A9LH then.

I'm just curious, the tutorial I'm seeing tells me to replace the 3ds folder file. What happens if I do that? Do i delete all of my save files and games I have installed?

Just use Luma updater

What's this, then? Also pictured, superior German healthcare. Didn't need to pay for my therapist to confirm I have dysphoria, didn't need to pay the doctor to also confirm I have gender dysphoria and prescribe me HRT, and only needed to pay five bucks for a quarter year of HRT meds.

You should move here, but we don't like assholes here, so…

Good for you. Plenty of people would like to change their bodies to better suit how they'd want to look, you're lucky that you can actually do it.

You didn't need a certificate for that. Any could have guessed.

Everyone in this conversation seems upset.

Is that why you let in all those Muslims to destroy yours?

Just filter the faggot and move on

They will get removed. Eventually.

Weak ass bait.
Kys.

It is a big circlejerk. It is disgusting, and it will bring you nothing but depression, and a sad death at 50 in a one room apartment after realising what you've done to yourself.

Hopefully they'll remove the trannies before they leave. Hate to ruin the only good thing they were doing while they were there.

Maybe if you're looking on Tumblr, but we both know that Tumblr is a cesspool.

I told you that those communities don't do what you're saying, you probably sourced your information without actually looking into things.

And "destroying their body" is more of a subjective thing, isn't it? The changes aren't objectively destructive, at least in the way you imply - your health doesn't deteriorate because you're taking HRT. Some people disagree with tattoos and piercings in the same way people disagree with someone on HRT growing a pair of tits. Do you tell people to kill themselves over a large tattoo or having a lot of piercings because they "objectively" "destroyed" their bodies in a mostly permanent way?

Tattoos r gay. You shouldnt compare changing gender with getting some shit drawn on your body

No, I'm talking about real life.

If you ever wanted to go back from the changes your body will be filled with scars. Not to mention the mental damage that completely changing the hormones your body has worked on for 20+ years will do.

You wonder why trannies kill themselves? It's because you're very disturbed people that are somehow allowed by law to destroy yourselves as a medication.

Knowing someone taking HRT is like having a junkie friend, knowing that this shit will permanently scar them, destroy the person you once used to know, replacing it with a deformed weirdo that has turned his brain into mush and that is now only a shell of what his former self used to be.

Yeah, good point. Most of the time you can't even tell someone underwent HRT.

Unless you're a 150 cm 40kg asian people will ALWAYS be able to tell you're a tranny

Absolutely nothing showing you're actually getting your mental illness treated instead of pandered to.
Which is the problem, you dumbfuck: the doctor should have confirmed you had dysphoria and tried to fix your dysphoria, not enable it.
Of course you're mentally ill and completely out of touch with reality so you don't get that. You're a male, you'll always be a male, get over it or kill yourself.

You've figured out how to "fix" gender dysphoria? How do you do that?

No, user, don't tell me. Go to Nature, or Science, and submit your study posthaste. If you've figured out how to cure transgenderism, you'll get some serious bucks for the publishing rights.

I heard gassing works well. Also actually treating the underlying causes of dysphoria through therapy.

also this, fuck off retard, you decided to blog post and derail the thread.

So I'm making a shit ton of Youngoos's to WonderTrade and I'm wondering what I should change.

Only thing not pictured is that it was caught with a Master Ball.

Any frenchfags that can help me interpret this? 3dpd for immidiate attention.

https: //www.pokemon-france.com/news/nintendo-veut-bannir-pirates-de-soleil-et-lune/

TID should be 16118 and it should have Barrier. I'd replace Crunch and make it the first move.

You're new here aren't you?

Gumshoos and Simply name it "Donald Trump"

Give it the more pursuit and the item red card, with the stakeout ability.
What you're trying to make it say is "You have to go back"

Video related

You disprove your own point by replying to me

I'll stick to Youngoos.

I was just using a trainer ID from someone I legit WonderTraded with, but those are some good ideas.

These are really bad examples. Unless that's what you are going with.

I have some Before/After pictures.
I don't think looks matter, the majority of trannies will be mentally fucked and commit suicide either way.

Is it possible to drag your boxes from ORAS/XY to SM using PKhex?
Don't wanna pay for (((pokebank)))

I don't think normalfags will make that connection. They'll link it to trump, trust me.

Yes.

Is there any way to make browserhax on 10.7 more reliable? I haven't managed to get in before the nag yet.

Isn't Pokebank on the Freeshop?

It's subscription based. The app itself isn't locked behind a paywall.

Yes, also on eShop, but it can only be used after paying a microtransaction and it requires NNID

he said "attention", not "approval"

But it doesn't look as much like him

So I'm following the a9lh guide and on the part where it says to backup emunand with NAND_emu.bin, it only shows me the option for NANDmin_emu.bin. Would this be ok to use as your sys nand?

Yeah the option they tell you to use does not exist.
Name doesn't really matter, just remember what you selected.

Use the d-pad to cycle through names.

Seriously, is there anything I can do to make this work? I've been following the Plailect guide exactly and have not gotten browserhax to work once. About to just run over to fucking Gamestop and get a copy of OOT if this keeps up.

Yup. I just did it myself a few days ago.

This depends on having done a system transfer from a different DS.

I checked the hexes and confirmed that this "single-DS" method is simply taking the friendcodeID (or whatever that file represents, i dunno) from the previous transfer source DS, which can be found in the transfer destination DS in that moveable.sed file, and using it on the second.

So just get the hex value from your original source DS and pop it in there. You're ultimately doing the same thing.

I used one from an old3DS to get a new3DS unbanned and it worked fine, so far at least. The o3ds also went online before Sun/Moon was released so I'm kinda expecting a delayed ban.

You tried everything? Setting the clock and connecting to the specific dns server?

Is it bricked?

nigga what is the context

I'm trying to start the homebrew launcher

wow don't give us too much info huh

You're odds of booting it are like 50/50. freezing on a coloured screen is normal.

Sorry I'm on step 4 of plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)

I never used browserhax, but sometimes QR code breaks and you just have to redo it

Red Screen on BrowserHax means you don't have the boot file on your SD root.
Remember that the BrowserHax site was changed.

So what should I do? Sorry again, I'm not to familiar with this type of shit

Follow the guide from the beginning, and don't skip any steps.

Finally doing the process to install A9LH.
Doing the ctrtransfer now.
Wish me luck.

Got it to work! THANKS A MILLION ANONS

is there any way to tell where your old emunand stuff is located? i did all the stuff to get a9lh and luma installed and it works just fine, but i forgot to delete the old titles i had installed and now they don't show up. i was using gateway rednand before.

Finally finished, and in the end I'm happy I spent the money to upgrade to the N3DS, not just to A9LH.

Good luck, user. I believe in you.

Ok one more question. Do I have to follow step 10 of plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-downgrade if my 3ds was able to boot up properly?

Can someone who knows how to use HexEditors write this up for me properly? The strikethroughs are getting me confused.

Yes.

How do I make SNES cia files?

I installed A9LH, flashed my emunand and did the finalization steps.
I'm surprised the ctrflashing wasn't that unstable.

I haven't been paying much attention to the scene. I installed the newer FBI but still have an older Big blue menu / devmenu. Should I use FBI from now on?

Yeah absolutely. devmenu has issues with larger SD cards and FBI has many more features like installing from QR codes, or "sideloading" CIAs. It can also update itself.

I'll uninstall it, thanks user.

what

Because the ctrflashing ISNT unstable. Emuserfs think that it will 100% brick their console, rape their kids, then give them cancer, but in reality upgrading to a9lh is 99.99% safe.

And that 0.01% comes from simply not wearing a condom.

So I re-ordered the 64GB micro-SD card I lost. Had to backup and then delete Mario Kart 7 in the meantime to get Moon. I'd like to grab the new Mario Party when the new card comes in. But I can't seem to find it on FreeShop. Wassup with that?

I know it probably won't be all that good, but it might be fun to play with some friends.

I installed al9h with no issues, got the FBI inject on H&S, updated FBI, and now I got two FBIs, the injected one and the updated one.
How can I remove the injected one or point it to the updated FBI?

Having more .cia installers can be useful for aesthetics, though, or if anything happens to FBI. Devmenu is the official 3DS .cia installer, after all. I just have both.

What do you mean by this? In any case, there's reallyno reason to get H&S back.

ignore it or re-nject it with your old hs.app

Keeping the old health and safety app is a matter of preference.

Installing over network or some local connection, like what you can do with Android phones and .apk files.

Ironically 9.2 downgrading is even more prone to error, I've had only one go smoothly, 3 crash mid-way, and one brick.

Exactly thats what I dont get. They already got past the hard downgrade. I've had so many problems with that one, 1 brick, 2 incomplete downgrades, and 1 successful.

I haven't paid any attention to the 3DS CFW/Homebrew scene, I just got 2 quick questions before I start searching for a cheap 3ds;

Can you play Neo Geo games with it yet?
and
Can romhacks run correctly? I mostly just want to play Pokemon Brown on a handheld

Is version 11.2 compatible with most flash carts, or is a lower version required to run them still?

In fairness my brick was on a system that was set up for Gateway (this was before good CFW), and it was actually the second attempt at downgrading after making a mess of the first one (I restored my earlier sysNAND). First one went fine, so make that two successful downgrades.

You'd need an emulator, no idea if there's one and if it works, RetroArch might have one.
Not sure about as an inject to the VC emulator, but you can get GB emulators so there's that.

No. Buy one at 10.7 or lower and hack it. There's no guarantee they won't patch out more cards in future even if yours works by some miracle. Also I assume you mean DS cards. 3DS cards are useless these days.

please respond

What about Sky3DS+? From the looks of it it seems like a decent flash cart, or at least that's what the gbatemp wiki implies. But I really might just go with your suggestion and buy a cheap 3DS somewhere.

I repeat: 3DS flash cards are useless these days. Modern CFW does everything far better so do that instead. The only flash card you need now is for DS games, and even that may be worked around, it already is for some homebrew.

yes. you may need to create your own CIA if you want to run it natively.

gbatemp.net/threads/super-nes-injection-guide.427181/

sky3ds will run on 11.2, you could get a 2DS for about the same cost or less.

I'm getting a 009-6106 error trying to upgrade StreetPass after doing the guide.
I wouldn't know, but I think its ticket might be outdated since I reinstalled them after backing up my emunand…
Should I reflash it?

any way to uninstall bigbluemenu? I recently installed FBI and having both apps triggers my autism

BBM is the H&S app right? Reinstall the original H&S app if you have it, you'll also have to clear the icon cache to reset the icon. If it's just another installed program you can delete them through FBI, or just the regular 3DS settings "data management".

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-clear-3ds-icon-cache-useful-for-universal-inject-generator-users.427993/

Note this will clear your theme.

where did you find this user?

Anyone know how WiiU piracy is coming along? Just in terms of if the average person can install homebrew and if games have been dumped.

Actually, let me change the question into something that's less like I'm asking to be spoonfed.

Has anyone in the thread tried the current methods and ran into any problems? People don't bring up the Wii U often for obvious reasons, so I'm just wondering if there's anything I should watch out for.

See, he was starting to get there, but that last picture jumped back a few steps.

My o3ds got banned in the recent banwave. I don't know if it's permanent so i made already a play for the first december but i'm not sure if it will work.

I heared on the ban is linked to your MAC adress from the 3ds.
So if i switch the network card / chip on the 3ds board i can remove the ban on my o3ds. Is that correct?
Or are there more factors than just MAC adress and NNID?

No, that was a faulty reddit tier assumption by some newfag on gbatemp

it has to do with a file called friendcodeseed_B

Learn to reverse image search, faggot.
Ai Shinozaki, you're welcome "user's dad"

is it possible to download games such as pokemon black and white (pretty much DS games) on 3DS?

Feelin' smug as fuck.

Not yet, people are working on it from what I understand but nothing that works 100% is out. I don't know a lot however, might be best to dig yourself

Not without a DS flashcart.

Read post 2

Ah. Fucking reddit. I knew there was something fishy about that. I guess i'll wait then till more options than "get a second 3ds" come up.
Thanks m8

Nobody should have been banned everyone knows you don't go online with pre-release games.

If someone could write up a simpler guide for this , we'd be good. People are claiming this works 100% to get rid of the online game ban, but doesn't fix NNID.

And really, we don't need NNID's, as we have free gaymes. I think a fe things like Pokemon Shuffle need it, but you can just make a throwaway without losing progress.

Is it normal if my 3ds sort of softreboots when launching a game cart?

O3DS? Which cart?

Yea, o3ds.
Smash bros 4.
It also reboots when closing the game.

What firmware are you on, and ar you using Emu/RedNAND or A9LH? Got the latest version of Luma?

Sys11.2.0-35U A9LH
Probably lastest luma, yea.

Odd. Use LumaUpdater, which can be installed as a CIA, and update it to the latest stable just to be sure.
Did you do anything to the console since you last used Smash?
You could also try using HANS or similar to launch it region free, it'll still have the same save data.

I just updated Luma.
Yea, I installed A9LH a day ago.
It's not that it doesn't work, but seems to reboot to get into the game, which makes it take a bit, and when closing it from the home menu. Maybe it did that before, but it just sticks out to me now.

Some games always do that on O3DS. Smash is one of them.

Pokemon too

The hax has a "problem" with O3DS and games that use extended RAM memory (smash, pokemon, monster hunter and so on). Same goes to closing the system settings, your system will reboot.

This is fixable by doing this:
>follow section V and VI of the guide: plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

I have the same problem and I am honestly thinking of doing it, but hell, I'm pussy and afraid of fucking things up.

Also, I got this from leddit, but never tested or checked if it really works, so good luck.

The pokeman fan base isn't the known for being the smartest.

Quick Question:

I'm doing the Plailect tutorial and I've gotten to the "Clear Home Menu’s extdata" part.
I have deleted the home menu extdata, but I still have the Home Menu Theme extdata.

Do I delete that as well or just leave it?

I think it's more this was people's first time pirating shit on a console.

Im upgrading from emunand to A9LH using the guide and have a question.

When installing emunand I goofed up and deleted h&s, do I have to restore it to inject FBI with Hourglass9 or can I just install it with bluemenu after restoring my emunand to sysnand?

Oh, thought you meant it was getting into a reboot loop.
This is normal. Smash, MonHun4/4U/Gen and Pokemon Sun/Moon all require extra RAM, so when you open them on a O3DS, they reboot into a minimum-RAM Home Menu, which is why you can't use things like the Internet Browser during these games being in use.

The reason it takes longer when using CFW is that Luma has to reboot the system while still keeping the CFW intact, and not going back to normal firmware. On EmuNANDs, way back then, I was waiting 30 seconds for it to reboot into my EmuNAND.

Just use BBM or DevMenu, it's the same outcome in the end.

How would I go about transferring my saves from my O3DS to an N3DS of another region? Could I just move the save files over from the SD cards and get the same region versions as I had on O3DS?

only if the game is of the same region for both 3ds

Yes.
Some games will let you use a US save on an EU game, but not always. Obviously, regionfree games like Pokemon allow this, but there are others.

So get the US save file from O3DS, move to SD, download US version of game from freeshop, and it'll work?

yes

Thank you.

I can't downloading anything off of the freeshop for some reason. It's saying "Need FW 9.6+, Seed failed"
Do I have to update something?

Did you not do a system update after installing al9h?

Shit I guess not. Is it safe to do that though?

Yes, once you're on al9h you can update. You're not going to fuck anything up.

Ok thanks user. I'm just trying my hardest not to fuck up anything

So why do we not need NNID? What about our friend codes?

NNID isn't related to FC. Friend Codes are system based, so an NNID isn't really needed, unless there are games you've purchased on there that you can't get CIAs for/on Freeshop.

There's a few games that need NNIDs, but if yours is banned, just make a new one, the save data is all on your system, not their servers.

It's my first time trying to homebrew the 3DS, i'm at 10.7 currently. Can anyone confirm browserhax is usable and if so do i need to use the Jan 1, 2000 exploit to get past the nag? Also, if that's the case, do i only have until the clock hits 00:01 to get browserhax working?

Yes, do it anyways, it doesnt matter because browserhax is almost instant.

meant for

that method only works if you've done a system transfer in the past though. if you haven't done a system transfer you're SOL at the moment

Anyone in the New York City area know of a place I can repair my 3DS? My top screen has a weird purple hue and I don't want to send it to Nintendo

Not for Pokemon Bank, which Pokefags tend to use. I'm waiting until December 1st or 2nd since I'm not banned from Miiverse, was never banned before, and could even do Mystery Gift for some reason. I transferred from an o3DS a bit back, so I can at least get back online fairly easily, even if I lost a lot in the process.

I only got into homebrew earlier this year, and aside from that no one has an official way to transfer Pokemon from Gen 1/2 to the more recent format yet. Although PKHex will probably update their Gen 1 editor to have the ability to transfer to Gen 8 fairly soon after it comes out. Still, that requires someone to subscribe to the service, so someone has to pay in the end.

Following this guide: plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade

After getting to step VII part 5, on a 11.2.0 N3DS, using my O3DS which was already modded, I'm stuck. Feildrunners isn't opening dgTools anymore, and I don't have FBI on the N3DS anymore, so I don't know what to do from here. Part of the guide had a fix for this, but it required that the O3DS ALSO have Feildrunners, and I don't want to drop another 10 bucks on that if I don't have to. Plz help

Is Sun/Moon on Freeshop yet? I'm not activating my internet until after I delete the Lurantis version, and I'm not deleting that until I'm sure I can replace it immediately.

Come to think of it, is the Animal Crossing update there after 2+ weeks?

sun and moon was on freeshop the day before release and animal crossing is not. Just fucking download it from the main menu like everyone else.

FUCK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY

I'm getting my filthy hands on a 3ds running 1.1U. What can I do from this early a firmware?

Update it. Most of the work was done on 9.2, so that's where you start AL9H from. It should be in one of the guides.

Couldn't they just update to 2.1.0 and then go straight to A9LH? Or do they need a later version to dump console-specific info?

Whelp. I got a N3DS from a friend, and it was 11.2.0, so I tried the downgrade guide that uses another 3DS, since I had another modded O3DS, but got stuck in a part, and my O3DS is 11.2.0 because I thought it was safe to update while it was hacked. Am I fucked, or could hardmod still work for me? I'm kinda scared of doing hardmod tho

I'm on 11.0.0-33u

Am I fucked?

not at all, don't update.

hardmods are tricky, but should do the job of downgrading.

I'm not sure, it depends on if the guide was updated since I went through it. He should give it a read and see if it needs it.

Any way to make FreeShop download faster?

N3DS has better download speed, otherwise no.

Christ, I'm getting 100+ kb/s on this Pokemon download. I'd rather just risk the ban with a .cia.

Same speeds as legitimate users, man. Nothing you can do about it.

during the last step of the guide one of the tickets failed to install, should I be worried or is it normal that one of the ~28 tickets fails

After seeing these threads for months I finally got around to bringing my Gateway O3DS out of stasis two nights ago. I got a9lh and luma set up without a hitch using the guide and FAQ from this thread and my 64 GB SD card came in the mail today. I've been checking out the freeshop tonight and it finally hit me how many games are so easily accessible to me for free now. So thank you to all the anons who contribute to these threads and laid the process out so clearly and who are probably going to answer a lot of questions I have as I explore more things I can do on CFW

Ask your questions nigga

Any version before 3.0.0 leaves the OTP exposed but the guide chooses 2.1.0 because of a reliable browser hack. The issue is that Luma3DS cannot boot a system running that old a firmware, and you won't have backed up a newer one at any point to restore to. The guide actually says to go straight to installing A9LH on 2.1.0 with browser, but then doesn't cover how to get it to boot, it only does for 3.0.0-4.5.0, and those who did the ctrtransfer. I'd definitely go asking Plailect about this one.

Sure if you have $100 to throw away.

I guess the only question I really have right now is about GBA compatibility and performance. I found a compilation of GBA roms injected into cia files, but I've heard that the old 3ds might be too slow to emulate them properly or something. Did Nintendo make a decent GBA emulator for their ambassador games and people are using that with other roms to get good performance? Or am I understanding it wrong?

The 3ds emulates GBA games by having a GBA inside of it, basically.
The 3ds has a DS mode, which has a GBA mode.
This is only the case for 3ds games by CIA, though.

Oh ok, so it's kind of running them natively then, with no slowdown or issues with audio syncing (Mother 3 combo attacks)? I thought that wasn't possible because the 3DS doesn't have the GBA slot in it like the DS did, kind of like the PS3 needing extra hardware inside it to run PS2 games. But I guess it's more like the Wii U being able to run Gamecube games because it has a Wii inside of it which can run Gamecube games.

There are issuses with games like pokemon because of how their save data works, and you can't do shit while in GBA/DS mode like access the home menu without resetting, and GBA games don't pause in sleep mode.
But otherwise, yeah there are no problems.

Ehh, I'm ok with 3ds features like home menu being absent since the games aren't any less featured than if I was playing them on original hardware. Looks like there are patches for Pokemon roms out there so I'll probably be able to get anything that I want to working. Thanks for answering my questions about this stuff.

update: also i just realized i installed ticets from old sysnand to my emunand-turned-sysnand, how fucked am i

They're just tickets, stop worrying.

Just need a cheap and reliable alternative.

try asking gbatemp or the subreddit

New bread, fresh out of the oven