Specs and recommendations

Post them toasters, also, comment or ask for recommendations on upgrades or side-grades? maybe some tweaks, etc.

Speaking of which, I have a 625W PSU and I think I should upgrade my GPU among other things, unless there is a priority order in what I would need to upgrade first, any suggestions?

ignore the temperature, I was rendering a scene in DAZ studio

Other urls found in this thread:

coolermaster.com/powersupply/extreme2/extreme2-625/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

we're pretty much on the same level, but I need to upgrade my RAM. I only have two slots, both are taken by 2GB sticks.
If I were to buy a 4GB RAM stick, would it work properly with one the old ones, or should i find one that's working at the same frequency?

children detected. how old are you?

25, g, cali

I think it's you who must be the child since you fell for the UBER POWERFUL PC GUIZE XD NOW I CAN PLAY ALL LE LATEST AAA GAMEZ!

Actually I am pretty old, but the toaster has worked well so far, I just wanted some suggestions.

Actually I want to play some of my recent (not that old) games in high at 60FPS if possible.

How many times have you posted that image in the last week? Because I keep seeing it come up on Holla Forums and I really doubt more than one person would post it, because it's not a terribly great anime girl.

What for? What possible game would be good enough to warrant an upgrade?

I'm just coding my own shit on a budget videocard at this point, Any OpenGL 3.3 card or later will do.

I'll upgrade when I see a game I want again.

bimp?

Finally upgraded from a 6 year old laptop, and it was worth the wait

Just asking because some of my games recommend but, why not an i7?

Is the difference big enough to need it? Serious question, I heard you only really need one if you're doing alot of CPU intensive work like video editing and such,

I am wondering the same, apparently my toaster is good for running Metal Gear Rising at decent framerates but not constant 60FPS, recently I have noticed frame drops in Dark Souls II and Overwatch as well, the first would be kind of unexpected, the later not so much.

No.

You'd be spending an extra $200 for a few more GHz, and while HT is nice its unneeded. My i5 3570k OC'd to 4.4 GHz has been phenomenal so far, and I can easily make it go higher.

For the most part its unnecessary if the most you'll be doing is gaming. If you have money to spend than go for it, and if you absolutely need to do CPU intensive tasks quickly like video decoding or extracting heavily compressed 7zip archives then go for it. But the i5 is a very solid CPU and the difference between an i5 and an i7 is very minimal

Interesting, then is it safe to consider getting a better GPU right now without worrying too much about my current processor? well, maybe a PSU first assuming I need more than 625W for that.

no

Works fine, but I'm saving up money to imporve.

Thanks.

Good to know, thanks

Encoding I can believe, but most modern cards have video decoding features so they do the work instead of the cpu

I'd say definitely upgrade the GPU. I'd go as far as to say the GPU should be a priority upgrade. The i5 you currently have is solid and its not even that old yet. It should last you a good couple more years at least

Nice, since I have to stick with nVidia, which ones can I get assuming I don't need a better PSU?

Whats your current PSU rating?

i hope youre ocing your i5 at least though. right?

He doesn't need to OC his i5, its already running at 3GHz and really fucking hot. Its a Haswell, most games should do fine at his clock speed

Is that program even useful for anything other than showing off specs on an imageboard?
If you want superficial hardware information, Windows tells you. If you're doing overclocking and to check stuff in more detail, youngot CPU-Z or just run benchmarks.

Windows and CPU-Z don't really organize all your specs on one page for easy screenshotting. And the Windows info page might contain personal information like serial numbers that need to be redacted before posting. This is why speccy became the de-facto standard for this shit

So it's just for showing off your e-penis on the internet

Pretty much. Also for asking for upgrade advice and diagnosing issues

Here is my current one.
coolermaster.com/powersupply/extreme2/extreme2-625/

if you arent ocing a "k" sku then you wasted your money. 38c isnt really hot at all, and jumping it to 4.4 will hardly do much to temperatures.

It can also be used on the taskbar to monitor your CPU/GPU temperatures., thanks to that I was seeing some high increase in temperature while rendering some stuf so I recently replaced my i5's heatsink with something a little more practical.

I had a bunch of shit going on in the background, now it's down to 28

Everyone please laugh at me for buying EVGA. Havent had any problems and took necessary steps, but still nervous.

is EGVA the one that explodes?

Yeah, improper VRM cooling.

The ACX cooler is great they said.
It has the best temperature performance they said.

Thats a 300 watt power supply if I correctly recall (unless my math is wrong someone please correct me) to be safe you should go for a 500 watt

Oh wait nevermind I'm a retard. Its right there in the name of the PSU, a quick search and thats a 625 watt power supply

You should have no issues driving any GPU you put in there. I'd go for Nvidia and avoid the exploding EVGA models

OK, then I'll have to replace the PSU first and then the GPU, which GPU series can I aim for with a 500W?

You don't need a PSU upgrade. I was a retard. Just get the best money can buy really, 500 watts is just a good safety buffer, in reality you really wont pull much more than 300 watts at absolute max but you don't want to run your PSU to its limit by any means, 625 watts is plenty

I'm thinking about upgrading my gpu any recommendations? Keep in mind I'm an ausfag so my options are limited. I'm looking for one that's under 300 bucks.

OK, thanks, then I will try to get a nice GPU.

Going for a new itx build. Should I order everything now or wait for black friday deals? The prices already seem pretty cheap and I'm not sure how big the discounts usually get.

go with more ram and you should be golden