Ubisoft to stop making linear bullshit

Apparently Ubisoft is making more sandboxy games instead of railroading bullshit.
Likely just PR talk and it will still have the checklist Open World formate, but I found it interesting.
Not hopeful but maybe Vivendi fucking them up the ass is making them take more risks.
We'll have to see, but I'm not hopeful
certainly aint buying shit from except if its Blood Dragon 2 and its actually good
archive.is/6erPC

That's nothing new. In fact, shallow sandbox is pretty much what everyone expects from Ubisoft

Is Steep going to be good? First I've heard of this game. Thank you viral marketing.

Probably mediocre and full of connection/netcode issues.
Dont expect anything from it really

*landwhale
RIP

Tell him to go watch a Michael Bay movie

Dumbasses like you are why we dont get masterworks like Jedi Academy anymore.

I dont want shit from Ubisoft
Read the OP next time faggot

Oh boy I can't wait to wander aimlessly around a barren map with repetitive missions and radio towers I have to climb/activate to see more of the map and do more of the same shit. Again.

i just want a good game

There was a thread for the closed beta.

Its a snowboarding game, how more linear can you get? You go down a moutain, thats about it. Sure it may feel like a sandbox, but when all you do is gown down a different moutain, its pretty straightforward

Is fun too much to ask for? Not every game has to be a simulation of real life.

They've been making sandboxes for like a decade now.
It's hardly anything new.

A Ubisoft sandbox game without a tower to climb would be a first.

They have been making Open World games, not sandboxes. The difference is huge and very important but like you, Ubisoft can't tell and ends up making trash.

Assassins Creed is open world but not sandbox. You have specific missions that you play in a specific order where you do specific things for it. It's set in a open world and yet the gameplay is still very, very linear. If Assassins Creed was sandbox, you'd pick the targets, the emthod of assassination, the place, time and every other detail instead of having cutscenes and QTE showing this awesome idea Ubisoft had to kill this dude that's important because they told you so.

Shadow of Mordor is close, but still no dice. It's open world and half sandbox since you get to pick your targets and where to engage them, as well as having mechanisms to influence the world at will.
However, the Captain's are still only engaged in specific missions that act the same way everytime you play the game and you can barely affect how they play out except by converting his bodyguards before the mission.

We have yet to see a single AAA game that's fully sandbox and fully open world.

That worked pretty well honestly.

If you are going to shill at least pretend "ubishit" hasnt meant buggy sandbox open world games with 6 objectives on repeat across a map" for the last 8 fucking years you fucking ignorant, oblivious marketing goy.

And you people should no better, Ubishit has been trying to Viral steep with actual "influencers" and marketing vectors making "s-so i just got in this super secret beta, l-lets be rebels and break NDA to show what a quality product UbIsoft, the friend of the consumer! has produced for us this time fellow young people!"

You arent this fucking stupid, let these marketers die on the vine. Even gearbox was more subtle pushing blundermemes. Ubisofts rep has been ruined the last couple of years and they are trying everything to get people back. Don't bite this obvious fucking b8. You are not this stupid.

WHAT THE FUCK
They changed around the swiss mountain…. It's fucking way smaller than it was before, I don't have those webms from the closed beta anymore to prove it. Why the fuck would they change around a mountain when there are so many flaws like this user pointed out

You don't own nothing goyim!

This, they have been pumping out uninspired open world games all following the same formula. I dont know what the fuck you are on OP

Ubishit was never "linear" in the first place. Main issue is that their games have you doing the same damn thing in the same damn areas repeatedly.

The primary problem with Ubisoft is their games are non-linear but shallow as fuck

>tfw I used to like Assassin's Creed when I was in High School

When the fuck was the last ubisoft title that wasn't a ankle deep sandbox?

Ac 1 and 2 were descent by 14 year old standards I think. It's what came afterwards.

I think I started with 3 during my Junior year, got hooked on the series and played 2, 1, then Brotherhood. It was the absolute shit for me but looking back I'm not sure why I loved it so much. Maybe it was the parkour.

Maybe its the settings, thats why I liked 2 and 4 so much.

Is AC4 worth a pirate if you liked the Wind Waker?

Well no, they've just made another piece of linear bullshit.

Wait for next year, they're going to make a sequel. And then another the year after that.

So instead of climbing towers they've got you climbing entire mountains.

Wow.

Yes
Especially if you get some good shanties unlocked