Pokemon General: No bannu Edition

Pokemon Sun and Moon are both on Freeshop right now for all regions.
Which means no more online bans for playing them if downloaded from Freeshop directly.
Wondertrade your Trump-named Yungoos like fucking crazy, it's habbening.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/commits/master
youtube.com/watch?v=zQrdKtPJxI0
3dsthem.es/7711
3dsthem.es/7715
3dsthem.es/7725
3dsthem.es/7175
3dsthem.es/7179
3dsthem.es/6937
3dsthem.es/4845
imgur.com/a/EFOqs
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-magearna-in-pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/
amazon.com/dp/B0162YQHJA/
nintendoeverything.com/some-nintendo-online-servers-undergoing-emergency-maintenance/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is there a save edittor yet?

I thought PKhex was already updated to work with Sun and Moon.

There's been a save editor since before it was even leaked.

Oh, I wanted to ask. How do you disable the outlines in Sun and Moon? I've seen screenshots but haven't seen anyone ask.

When do you get to fight the ultra beast fuckers?

Postgame

question: If I accidentally clicked on the festival before today, will I get banned online?

Can you only encounter Wimpod once a day? If so then he's even more tricky to capture.

I updated my firmware to play Welcome Amiibo update of ACNL and now my pokemon moon doesn't start anymore. It goes to the 3DS splash screen to black and I need to restart.

Suggestions on how to proceed?

Are they actually good fights? Do you get anything from them? This game has been extremely underwhelming so far and my motivation to finish is plummeting fast

update luma or whatever your cfw is, or enable region unlocking in your cfw settings

I'm pretty sure Gladion's theme is copied from an SRW OG song.

Luma is already updated and Pokemon Moon isn't region locked.
Also the game used to work before, it's not region locked.

The song in question from SRW is Marionette Messiah.

Updating your firmware usually resets the region setting, among others. Whenever I get a crash on my O3DS it's because it doesn't have enough ram, or the .cia is bad, or it's the wrong region.

Too busy and cheap too bother with the new games
ETA on Pokemon Showdown getting the new stuff? IRC was it 5 days for XY to be added

It's the same region it was before though. And it was working

How do I transfer my save from the Review copy to the retail version on freeshop?

If anyone really gave a shit, How's the Pokemon Sun and Moon anime?

Only if you actually went online. Just doing the tutorial shit won't do anything.

Reset the area.

They're pretty much just legendary pokemon except you can catch multiples in some cases.

All the info is already known so they're probably just waiting for the games to come out to implement anything.

I watched the first episode out of morbid curiosity and it wasn't complete shit.

ready for some fun tomorrow with best starter since I like physical copies

I watched the first episode this morning, here's a tl;dr
7/10 it's alright, but they should have kept Serena and kept going with that story. But that's just me being an autist.

What story? They're fucking 10, what kind of relationship were you expecting them to have?

My copy of Pokemon Sun comes in tomorrow.
Excited to get the stupid story out of the way and start training new 'mons.

This.
I want to start tinkering with these new toys.

Anybody got a link for Pokemon Sun? I'm trying to get this shit working on Citra.

ash looks completely out of place 5/10
but everything else is fine

So I just checked Pokemon Showdown's GitHub, looks like they're already starting work on getting the new generation up-and-running, last commit is as early as eight freakin' minutes ago:
github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/commits/master

oh, good. I only bothered with the tutorial. I tried to use an access code a friend gave me to see if I could get Genesect in Sun/Moon. There wasn't access point in range. Am I still safe?

Will I be safe if I tried to do any online stuff in the Festival Plaza but couldn't because I needed to update?

If your firmware was out of date you couldn't go online anyway so yes you should be safe. Test with another game if you're not sure.

So much for zarel being a holier-than-thou anti-piracy purist.

Who said he pirated anything?

no of course he didn't, his little cronies did the dirty work so showdown wouldn't have to wait until release to get the data for gen 7.

So any options for transferring my Save Data Yet?

There always has been.

mind pointing me towards any of them?

Literally any save manager.

I don't really want to fuck any of the new Pokemon.

Europe here, We don't get it for another week, thanks NoE.

I should add I already fought it and it isn't reappearing after I exit and reenter the area. I set my date forward a day, messed with the times and it won't reappear. Guess I'll have to wait an actual day to see.

They look so puffy and fluffy in this one.
Okay so maybe Icetales and Primarina but that's about the size of it.

It's probably somehow still NoA's fault.

what a qt

When I caught mine all I did was go into the pokemon center and it reset just fine.

2 is plenty.

So is that ugly plant thing gonna be the obligatory pleb bait of this gen?

pretty much, it looks like gardevoir v2

Did you fight it and have it Wimp Out, or did it just scurry into its cave?

Been a Bong, I take it I cannot download the world wide release today and have to wait for the EU release?

I used a quick ball and caught it instantly.

download it and import aus seeds

I'm just going to take that as I have to wait.
I have no idea what import aus seeds is.

How do I use pkhex?

If you're on CFW (and if you have an EU region 3DS, you really really ought to be) you can just get the normal release off of FreeShop no problem. Can even pick the language, so you can just play in proper Japanese without having to worry about Treehouse's faggotry getting in the way.

It should be self explanatory.

Don't lie user

Kill yourself faglord.

I'll admit I like boy and girl pokemon equally.
Maybe with a preference for boys.

Are you using menuhax to boot Luma?

I'm starting, going to Cubic Ninja, launching the homebrew and then launching luma

I hear ya, user. There's a few that might be okay but for the most part the new mons are lackluster.

Any word on 3ds unbanning without a second 3ds yet?

Just beat the game. They're fucking kikes for having the Topu Keku fight be right after the Champion fight without any time to save in between, but I managed to get it first try, fortunately for me. I'm glad I got through it before release, even if only just, although I wasn't really rushing through the game, plus I had to spend a day yesterday rounding out my team and bringing a Grimer up from level 6 to 60. Although between waiting for a Dhelmise or grabbing a Grimer instead, I went for the Grimer. I don't know what's worse, the fact that there's Pokemon with a 1% chance of appearing, or Pokemon that you can only get after beating the game.

I still enjoyed it though. I think I'm going to end up with rose-tinted goggles for it, since I enjoyed it more because of the lack of information during this period in between leak and launch. made the game feel more like an adventure. I liked it more than what I played of Gen 6, anyway. I'd probably put it at a 6 or 6.5, considering all of the good QOL features slapped onto an admittedly average game.

Has a list of version differences been composed yet?
Most importantly; which one has Flygon?

rape lopunny

Apparently it gets Dragon Dance.

Why does the freeshop version guarantee no ban? I thought people were being banned solely because they went online before the game came out. Which its still technically not out.

Flygon and Garchomp are in Sun. Moon gets Metagross and Goodra.

Why didn't you evolve your starter? Also, does Zygarde 10% break the "no legendaries" rule in a casual playthrough?

The games can be preloaded now. I guess the FreeShop version just bypasses the lock preventing you from playing.

Flygon has always had dragon dance, even in R/S.

Flygon's always infamously not had Dragon Dance.

But it is. It's up on the legit eShop right now.

It looks gorgeous, but I haven't watched it in full.

puffy vulva

huh, you're right. I remember it having the move for some reason.

Incineroar is significantly slower than Torracat without having a good enough jump in Attack to justify it. I'd rather have a slightly less powerful but significantly fast and significantly more smug cat. Plus, the only Dark STAB move it can learn by leveling is fucking Bite. Zygarde breaks the no legendaries rule, but it has shit Defence and Special Defence, so it feels more like a glass cannon than a legendary. At least compared to Lunara, anyway. It didn't feel as cheesy as some other legendaries I've seen, at least in that forme. I would've liked a different Dragon-type, but I couldn't find the Normal/Dragon thing anywhere and was already long gone before I found the pastebin with the information on encounter rates again. Zygarde was just convenient, for better or worse.

Not even?

jesus christ, i got bored of the game but i'm not sure if i'll keep playing if i keep on hearing about these dumb decisions

there's some dude on twatter saying he's going to do unbans for a bunch of people tonight/tomorrow since his method works but isn't ready for release yet, you can try talking to him

sign of hepatitis C

Through leveling, it gets Brutal Swing as a TM and Crunch as an egg move.

So since I couldn't start my Pokemon Moon again I backed up the data, uninstalled it, and I'm now trying to install it from Freeshop
Maybe it'll work

But damn is freeshop slow

If Throat Chop isn't standard then maybe he can be the king of BL3.

While you have a point, I think it's worth it to evolve Torracat into Incineroar mostly because it gets outrage and cross chop through leveling up.

Good, don't be a furfag.

What is Darkest Lariat?

Torracat gets outrage too, but I really didn't want it. Cross Chop isn't worth the loss in speed. I really had his moves down the moment I got Flare Blitz, I felt.

Oh, and you forgot about Darkest Lariat

Knock Off wasn't nerfed. It works the same as it did Gen 6

I think he means that you can get by leveling up and not having to wait till you get to the Move Tutor which is at the E4 Pokemon Center for some reason.

Can't you make a male and female Incineroar that both know Cross Chop bone and get a Litten with Cross Chop?

Why did all the starters end up being ass?
Why do some pokemon have their speed stats worsen overtime?
why are there pokemon that only fully evolve really late into the game?
Why was Lycanroc's evolution split between games as opposed to having it be a day/night evolution?

A move that costs a Heart Scale that you can only get at the end of the game, for the same reasons that Marrowak's signature moves requires a Heart Scale at the end of the game. And doing all that is STILL not worth the speed drop. Especially when I already had a Gyrados with Crunch ages and ages before the Elite 4.

Why do you ask so many questions that nobody here can actually answer?

Incineroar gets Dark Lariat when evolved ya dumb idiot. They added a new move learning mechanic whenever a Pokemon evolves.

Oh yeah that's right

because Gamefreak is shit

It doesn't seem to work for Marowak though, it never prompted me to learn the move.

That's weird, I also heard someone got the same thing with Kadabra not learning Confusion. I need to test that out soon.

Questionable stats and move pools. If you mean design-wise then that's all subjective.
It might be that Gamefreak is trying to keep the starters truer to their title as starter pokemon; Pokemon that can carry you early on but will eventually be replaced by the bigger better deal.

Trick Room is apparently the name of the game this generation.
Speed stats are questionable across the board. Vikavolt is supposed to be Vic Viper or some shit, with a pokedex entry talking about its unimaginable high speed, yet it has an actual speed stat lower than its initial stage and closer to Slowbro territory.

This has always been a thing, particularly with the pseudo-legendaries.

youtube.com/watch?v=zQrdKtPJxI0

If that's true, it's impossible to tell from the limited information we have right now. It doesn't imply that on the moveset chart. I had to make an informed decision based on the information I had at the time, and I'm convinced I made the right choice.

So can anyone verify whether or not going online is safe yet?

What were some alolan pokemon that actually have good stats?

>youtube.com/watch?v=zQrdKtPJxI0
Fucking excellent, post of the day user.

Dio Dragon

Fuck Crabominable. This thing was a pain in the ass to get and the payoff wasn't worth it in the slightest. The Ice typing ruined it what was originally a solid early-mid game Pokemon

How exactly does this apply to emulators?

it doesnt
there's citra but its incomplete
research 3ds piracy
buy a 3ds with appropriate firmware version
buy high speed 32gb sd card
spend an hour installing cfw

you now have access to the best handheld games dating back to gba era and some virtual console shit too.

How soon can I buy Luxury balls?

Alright lets do this.
Which is the best new Pokegirl?

Wicke.

Lana > Chicken-Chan > Mallow = Lusamine > Lillie > Plumeria > Wicke >>>> Olivia

protagonist, by far

the female protag is literally the only likeable character design I've seen in the past 4 gens
Too bad the game is shit

I can't wait for the doujins.

Lillie after shit goes down at Aether Paradise. Lana a close second

Lana is kind of cute because sleepy eyes are cute.

Lana wants Swimmer dick, though

Still cute.

Rhibombee or whatever it's called is a fucking beast.

Also does anybody know Hapu's Japanese name? I want to look on pixiv for art.

Can confirm that my Kadabra didn't learn confusion upon evolving. Had to teach him Psychic.

Wishiwashi when schooling can be monstrous. I really like it. I just wish I could give it more speed, I'm okay with the relatively low health.

Is there a reason that this game is so big compared to the other pokemon games on 3DS?

The overworld is fully modeled instead of having "chibi" models like XY.

So what is everyone using for teams in sun and moon? Here is mine

Salazzle
wishiwashi or pyukumuku
Tsareena
Vikavolt or kommo-o
Minior
mimikyu or Dhelmise

Are these good choices?

Oh hey an actual Fairy Pokemon I can add to my type-expert bug domination team poll.

FEAR ME

Salazzle

Mimikyu should be in your team, no doubts.

Vikavolt is eh. Really good Special Attack but that doesn't mean shit when you're a Bug Type with mediocre HP and abysmal Speed.

Am I the only one that actually got some feels at the end with Lillie?

I mean, I really want to protect that smile, the romance is so fucking obvious I want to self-insert myself so hard in there and love her forever I just can't fucking live anymore and would probably kill myself if it wasn't because there's a post-game.

Tsareena'a a great physical attacker, Wishiwashi is solid but I haven't gotten a pyukumuku so I don't know which is better. Salazzle seems to be decent albeit pretty fragile.

I'd say Kommo-o, but that's because it seems like Vikavolt just isn't worth it. I still don't even know where the magnetic area is to evolve my Charjabug.
I thought these were supposed to be average at best. I'd have a Toucannon instead of Minior. Beak Bullet is fairly useful if you go up against any physical attacker, but otherwise Minior is good typing coverage and seems to be fairly speedy after shields down.

maybe the pirate copy had pokemon with reduced speed all arcross the board because dicks

why does she have a tumblr nose?

>slower than weedle

oh the pleb.

because it's non-standard because she's suppose to stand out as a frumpy girl and not as someone attractive.

YOU ARE THE FIRST FEEDING OF THE SWARM

I need Lusamine's mature pussy in my life

She doesn't. Learn what terms mean before spewing them.

There has to be a catch, there just gotta be one.

I like mewtwo, victini and deoxys, tho

BRAVO GAMEFREAK

>can't learn U-Turn

I don't need high stats to
STING YOUR ASS

Have stats become so inflated since I last played that 500 is no longer considered a high stat total?

what are the clothing options like?

what? the tipe psychic is not strong like in the 3rd generation?.

Judging by these I assume some common NPC. -but then there's jellyfish girl of course.

At any rate even Pokemon's ability to churn out waifus is dying.

Simple but cute for the girl. Capris, short-shorts, long skirts and miniskirts for bottoms. Tank tops and varying t-shirt designs, some with a vest too. Strappy heels and other shoes, but no real boots. Thigh highs and other assorted socks available too. And you can take your hat off, finally.

Oh thank god. I don't mind the hat I ended up settling on to go with the expensive trenchcoat in x, but that sounds a lot better

How good is that one yeti crab pokemon? I saw that it is ice fighting and that seems like it would be shit.

do 12 year old idiots still think that having high stats means instant wins

actually yes it's still good and that other dude was bullshitting. Problem is that the speed on most psychics is kinda average.

He's saying there are already a number of strong Bug types running around.
And more important than the grand total of all the stats is whether or not they were put into the right spots. Pokemon like Scizor and Volcarona have all their stats put into the right spots, so they can run rampant with just a buit of support. A pokemon like Vikavolt has one stat and that's about it.
500 BST is definitely still good, but once again, it's important for those 500 points to be put in the right places.

Psychic was having a tough time staying relevant.
Then they introduced Fairy Type and now Psychic type is worthless outside of being a (usually detrimental) secondary typing or for STAB on Psyshock.

Stat totals don't really matter when they're distributed rather poorly, in Vikavolt's case since it has 70 points in Attack for no real reason and 145 in Sp. Atk which is a little overkill, plus 77 in HP which is a bit on the high side for Bug types. Scizor has 500 BST as well but has its stats allocated well for its typing and moveset. Same with Heracross. If I was in charge of Vikavolt's stat distribution, but I had to keep the same BST, I would do something like 70/55/80/135/70/90. It doesn't need 90 Def considering major attacking types against it are Fire, which is mainly special attackers, Rock, which has few reliable moves and usually not in many movepools, and Flying, which is mostly mixed but mainly found on Flying types. Ground isn't an issue because of Levitate. 90 base speed is faster than 40, that's for sure, and it doesn't need 70 base attack. 135 Sp. Atk would match Mega Manectric, who is a pretty outstanding example of an Electric type special attacker.

I need to delete the titlekey or ticket or whatever along with the Lurantis Sun cia, right? How do I ensure that I've done this?

I saw a post with said the numbers for Sun and Moon but lost it, and am not entirely sure how to do so in FBI to begin with.

and the plant type and ghost type?

how do I salvage my save data from the bad version? can I use save data filer?

What a good mom.

Also is anybody else really confused as to why they made Togedemaru a physical attacking oriented Pokemon, or why it isn't able to learn Smart Strike despite the move basically matching Togedemaru's design? I mean it's silly, they give it the Steel typing, but Gyro Ball is the only Steel type move it learns but that's useless considering its 96 Speed. I wanted to use it but at this rate I rather not.

Sun's entry says

What if since Sun and Moon take place in different dimensions the Pokedex entries being different are because the Pokemon are slightly different in each dimension?

Berensun and Berenmoon realities

Probably doing better then Psychic, actually.

Grass has it's share of sweepers and tanks thanks to Giga Drain (Lilligant is basically a grass Scizor in that she can sweep whole teams with petal dance thanks to her ability, one of my favorites) and Ghosties have always been good and never stopped staying good.

you mean like parallel universes?

leave. Proper parallel universes coming through.

aaaaand on the bug list

It's all about perception, really.

Agreed

Is lurantis any good? It seems like it has too low of a speed stat for how fragile it is.

Ghost type is the best type
No bad they gave Gengar cursed body
and Alohan Marowak
Man Marowak REALLY got shafted

Welcome to gen 7

Rock Head + STAB Flare Blitz is rather terrifying

Should I play a male for maximum self-insert romancing with Lillie? Or a female for the cute and sexy protagonist customization?

fuck…

There's a lot of little things I liked
I'm sure there's some other stuff I'm forgetting between all the not so good stuff.

Mallow > all

Hau actually is kinda a smartass

As a connoisseur of brown girls, the lass and both female swimmers are better.

Oh right, I remember when you kick green Fabio's ass at Aether base the camera shift between Gladion being pissed off, Hau being his usual retarded puppy self, the protagonist being his normal souless staring self, and green guy realizing just how badly he fucked up was hilarious. Also Gladion having hand cramps in the middle of battle what the fuck was up with that.

Alright, I give up. I almost forgot how fucking insufferable GBAtemp kiddies are to hang around and it's pretty clear there won't be a fix if this is a permaban. Gonna finally set up CFW on my spare JP 3ds and just back up all my saves so I can put this shit behind me. Goodbye full living dex Pokebank.

I tried to use a Z-move on him but he decided his Crabrawler was going to slap my shit with his that turn instead. Still got the compliment after winning the fight though.

Calm down man, it's probably only a 15 day ban. And if not, someone will have something working by then maybe. If not, at least I have somewhere over 100 days before I need to get back on my NNID for Bank myself. Hopefully it will be similar for you.

Nah, I've been meaning to set things up on this spare system for awhile now. If it really is a temp ban and we didn't lose our NNIDs for good then I'll move back to my original system once more but there's a lot of fearmongering going on right now and I'd like to play alongside everyone else at launch. I must shitpost via mass wondertrading nicknamed Yungoos, it is my calling. If I cared that much about the living dex thing I'd be sperging out a lot harder, I can always gen them back and use that homebrew alternative instead. Hope you get your shit back though, my bank pass was about to expire anyway.

I like how the game almost always gives you a nice and smartass answer.

It also gets throat chop

I dont know what it is about Hapu but I really want to punch her in the face but at the same time give her a messy bukake. I think it's the eyebrows.

I really like the design of these new pokemon, but the stats really suck for a majority of them. I wanted to use crabrawler only to find out his evolution blows.

I like her bonnet and poof hair
Hapu is cute
CUTE

The worse part is you can't even get it until basically the final hour before the E4 even if it was any good

So what are the take on Single-Stage pokemon in this gen? Any winners other than the obligatory Dragon Type?

It is a shame. I thought a boxing crab would be amazing, and his abilty seemed promising. Then you find out his evolution is ice fighting and he has really low defense and speed stats. IF he had higher speed and attack, than he could be at least decent, but he is pretty shit as it stands now.

That one anchor pokemon is pretty good apparently and so is wishiswashi.

i never understood where this originated from and i require clarification

I might be wrong but I think it came from this

Crabrawler can be found on first island. Just gotta spam berry trees until you get it.

What the actual fuck? I could have been playing this shit ALL FUCKING DAY if I had checked Holla Forums! God damn! How big is the game and when's it become digitally available through normal eShop?

I thought it came from some doujin panel.

I meant the evolution, which only happens on the Victory Road type mountain.

Also I've completely blanked on where the fuck to buy Dusk Balls.

lusamine

It's out on eShop.
If you've got CFW/homebrew, you can use Freeshop to download it directly from nintendo with no consequences.

holy shit nigger, i just googled the video based off that image and watched the entire thing. the amount of careful planning, calculation and reverse-engineering, AND it has to be executed fucking perfectly, holy fucking shit.

so all of that was just to get the star without pressing the fucking a button? haha holy shit

How new r u

I'd fucking WRECK the female protagonist.

I have largely wasted my freaking evening.

The most important question comes now.
Is Sun/Moon good?

How about you play it and form your own opinions, faggot?

Yes.

Better than X/Y, though I know that isn't saying much. Play it for yourself and decide if you already own the system, not like you have to pay for it.

I just started posting here yesterday :) This board is epic! I love it
All ur base xD

I wanna lift weights with Buzzwole!

its worse than gen6

I wasn't too phased at first, but it's quickly growing on me. Probably my all time favorite change is doing away with HM moves, and completing trials (this game's version of gyms) grants instant rewards, in the form of the Z-Moves.

So to the anons who have beaten the game or gotten very far in it, the main thing I want is a good story. Does it deliver?

It has a story, unlike most Pokemon, in that there's actually some depth to it.
It's not great, twists can be seen miles off and there are a lot of cutscenes. That being said, it's still pretty fun.

oh god no.

It's more than you'd expect from a Pokemon game, but still terribly cheesy. They throw out the only good twist in the opening cutscene.

Quick, post Pokegirl 3DS themes
3dsthem.es/7711
3dsthem.es/7715

post the qr codes

because Sun Moon are tumblr tier games

Not really.

You're not fitting in here

Post more

You don't seem to understand what it means to samefag, newfag. Lurk more.

I was asking other fags to do it too
3dsthem.es/7725
3dsthem.es/7175
3dsthem.es/7179
3dsthem.es/6937
3dsthem.es/4845
I want to make a few other themes besides the Lucy one I made later.

I think he was just being a faggot replying twice without using just one post to do it.

please? I'm actually stuck and I need the scanned mons.

Cute
CUTE

git gud

but that means grinding

Aren't the QR codes just for adding Pokedex entries?

grind gud
git grind

But don't worry I got you covered.

imgur.com/a/EFOqs

Are Yungoos in both Sun and Moon? Need to know which to get

yes

Thanks! Now I know what to get

yes but when you scan enough the game gives you a good monster and an hour to find it

thanks a million user

Do you mean good IVs? Does it tell you where to find the pokemon?

Probably and yes.

Planning on picking up Moon tomorrow. Ghost has been my favorite type for a long time, so I was happy to see it get some love. I wanted to try planning a mono Ghost team and this is what I came up with. Of course, we finally get a Ghost/Fighting type, but it's a mythical pokémon. I doubt I'll be able to get even half of these for most of the game, but it doesn't have to be strictly Ghost type from the beginning.

Isn't it from that Rosalina comic about her being a heavyweight kart racer?

Why not trade?

Ghost/Fighting pokemon?

Marshadow.

Between you, me the bug guy, and that Psychic guy, and the Rock guy, we have half a Leauge over here.

Is it cheating if Lurantis is in my team? it LOOKS like a bug.

How big is the game, guys? If it's above 2GB, I may have a problem…

It's 3 GB.

Holy fuck I hope it doesn't get mach punch

I bet once its tie in movie comes out it'll have it as an event move.

I-I can be your grass or flying goy?

Where did you find Unown?

I guess someone's going to have to update this now.

Its movepool is filled with various different punch attacks.
Its unique Z-move is called "Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike"
The Big Dipper has 7 stars
Kenshiro has the Big Dipper on his chest

I just read that the ingame clock of Moon is offset by 12 hours. Pretty weird. Pokemon time traveler

Did anyone see araquanid's ability? It doubles water type move damage.

Lilligant (IMPORTANT), Roserade (HOLY SHIT THIS ONE TOO), Tsareena, Lurantis, Shiftry, Breloom, Cradily, Trevenant, Ludicolo, Exeggutor, Bellossom, you have a fuckton of options.
Crobat, Gyarados, Skarmory, Altaria, Gliscor, Braviary, any Oricorio or even all four, Pidgeot, Staraptor and Aerodactyl. You also have a lot of options here.

Starters aren't included because eh, but go for it if you like. Meganium is shit, though.

So I haven't touched a pokemon game since Original Silver. I got a Pichu in moon and want to evolve the thing but the entry says it evolves through "friendship". Every game seems to have a different methid and I cannot find anything on Moon/Sun yet. Can somebody tell me how to evolve a Pichu in Moon?

Okay, bug list updated

When do the mindnumbing cutscenes end. I've just beaten the trainer school.

It's maddening to think that 20 years ago delivering Oak's parcel took all of 15 minutes, whereas now it's 20 minutes bofore the first battle. I don't hate them, they've been cute so far, but at some point I would like to start exploring on my own.

user

Feed it lots of masaladas and let it hold the soothe bell when you get it. I would have recommended you catch it with a luxury ball too.

In theory, would it be possible to get that wolf with a different evolution depending on the version in sun, trade it and evolve in Moon, then use its edgy bipedal form back in Sun?

Is anyone else having their game freeze after switching from Moon to Sun? I already changed the time offset and the game detects and loads the save, but after that it just freezes.

Are you talking about Water Bubble? It says it lowers the power of fire moves, and prevents the pokemon from being burned.

I just got the soothebell and gave it to it. I constantly give it pets and pokebeans no masaladas though I tried once but it said it was full. Is there any way to tell if I'm close?

Do you count how many grass pokemon your bug type pokemon have eaten in your life?

IT does not get many water moves sadly, but the ones it does get are pretty good. It gets scald, it can learn waterfall which got buffed recently and can make pokemon flinch now. It seems prett solid. This game I was thinking of doing a theme as well just for shits and giggles. Maybe dark type to see how it goes.

So is it safe to play the leaked version online or will I have to delete the leaked version and use the freeshop version?
if so, is there a way to keep my savedata?

What's the best place to level grind aside from running the elite four over and over again?
Those blissey bases really spoiled me

muh prankster or surprise infiltrator

Walk around with it a whole bunch and then level it up. Give it items in battle if it has high affection in Refresh, there's some flavor text about it being thrilled to receive stuff and that might increase happiness.

see

So it's a mage bug? That makes Electric, Fire and Water now.

There's been a recent surge in high Special Attack bugs who have niches where they can throw out strong as fuck attacks thanks to an ability, or because of sheer power.

Galvantula, Volcarona (sheer power) and now Araquanid. Wonder if we'll get a grass mage bug next to complete the starter set?

Volcarona is meme b/c stealth rock shut it down immediately

Then bring it out first, dummy!

Hmm I have been getting the flavor text for the last little bit.

Does walk around just mean have it in your party or in the lead spot?

Just in the party. It only took two days for my Eevee to accidentally evolve to Umbreon (I was gunning for Espeon and the sun went down).

give her an angry pirate

It actually is more physical than special. 70 for attack and 50 for special. It still is decent damage.

acerola best

Note that you can just keep it in your team for meta shit.

If someone sees that you have a Volcarona, if they're good, they'll try to counter it with a Rock type or a Water type, which can tell you what they'll bring out first shot. Volcarona can be used to bait them into bringing out these mons so you can counter them instantly with Scizor, or the like, like the new Araquanid.

And a bad player will just lose.

So you can use it to play on that preconception, even use it first turn to make them panic.

It's the things that we prejudge that make us easy to manipulate, user.

Hey, varied damage is good. But against rock types with high defense, that could be a problem.

Will Mega Beedrill be good now b/c the Leech Life buff?

That is true. Good strategy. I do not have much respect for Volcarona, but I am sure it can be used by smart player.

Yes. If it has it. It's still pretty fragile, but if you can survive even ONE hit, you can potentially get all of it back.

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN GAMEFREAK LISTENED TO PLAYERS AND DISTRIBUTED MYTHICALS IN A GOOD WAY?

pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-magearna-in-pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/

I didn't check before I made that post. Unfortunately I don't think it even gets it. That's a missed opportunity. I guess Beedrill can still work with Fell Stinger.

Mega beedrill also benefits from the new mega evo mechanics. Now when you mega evolve the turn order is changed to reflect the new speed, so you can use your improved speed from turn one.
So no more wasting a slot on protect to buy a free turn

FUCK.

Why do SD cards have to be fucking BLACK? It's bad enough that they're fucking tiny, but they have to be BLACK, to boot!! It's probably the easiest to lose item in existence!! I had a fucking 64GB one I had JUST FUCKING BOUGHT, and it's fucking gone. I can't find that stupid piece of shit anywhere. So I'm working with a bullshit 8GB weakling. Fucking hell! Anyone know of any good Black Friday deals for goddamn 64GB+ SD cards, preferably of the micro variety?

I can buy a 64GB card for $46 AUD. They can't be that pricey elsewhere, as our electronics are already overpriced.

I think I am going to try and do a dark team.

Raticate or garfield, maybe guzzlord since he reminds me of god hand
Muk
mandibuzz
mega sharpedo or mega gyrados
incineroar
pangoro or mimikyu just because I like him.

It evolves depending on the game you use and you can't change the form once evolved, So trade your Rockruff to moon to evolve it into the edgelord then trade back to Sun.

You can apparently find the opposite version in each game exept it must be during their time period and it's only like a 1% encounter rate.

If anyone needed a fuckin' Mega Evolution, it was Beedrill, holy shit. That pretty much changes the whole fucking bug game.

150/145 base attack and speed, for fuck's sake. Only Absol can even touch that attack, but it has shitty speed.

It's unredeemable shit

amazon.com/dp/B0162YQHJA/

Well, personally, I want that tiny island in the top corner to be the steampunk land Magearna comes from, but we can't have everything we want.

Anyways, this lasts 4 months and will mean that you don't need to go to physical stores, letting people actually complete the dex. As opposed to how it was previously, where there was one event every few years.

does this mean we can make our own mystery gifts now?

You already can

Is Moon supposed to have reversed time because my game is dark when it's light outside but daytime in the middle of the night. I checked my system clock and it's correct.

Yes.

Yep.

Also you can shift that back to normal time after you beat the game.

have fun getting OKHOd by fairies and fighting types

no

Ok good I thought something went horribly wrong because I had to futz around with shit when I was hacking my 3DS.

It's still shit, Eon Ticket Streetpass was a good way, sharing wondercards with unlimited shares would be the best way with in game events.

t. new yorker

Here you go. Probably interpreted the chart wrong

At least tell the user correctly.

No, you have to get a program from SciresM and apply patches to the game, then use PkHex to make them. There's no native support, this only means using PkHex faster.

This. Spotpass was shit. There was no fucking people around in Australia to share it. They let whoever won the finals or something distribute it, so this fucker just hoarded it to himself and only offered to turn his spotpass on to paying people at conventions, despite Nintendo telling him not to.

I had to hack it in with a QR code and distribute it to my fucking EB Games (Gamestop) because no one had access to it.

You're meant to use the starters in the sidebar to indicate which region.

Fuck

what's the deal with colress? Beat the game and only seen him once, does he appear in the battle tree?

Easiest way to get street passes was to walk though a university campus.
I used to have battles during lectures when X and Y came out.

ye

I'm Australian and I've gotten it twice after I started a new game, do you have a shopping centre near you? Places like EBgames usually have someone with streetpass and they obviously get hits from everyone.

Sorry mate, but Aussie Uni's only play Pokemon GO! and Clash of Clans.

I live out west of Melbourne, and despite the high population density, there wasn't any people with it. As I said, I had to give it to my mate who works at EB, as they were meant to get distributed from Nintendo to stores, but they didn't for some reason.

I don't blame you, I haven't seen them in months.

But I'm Australian too. Though I guess Go was not out at the time.

Oh, right. Back then though, I never saw people play handhelds during Uni. Perhaps Victorians are too busy being pozzed.

Are your settings for it correct? I remember hearing people having issues when it came out but I can't remember what I did exactly, it might have been disabling X and Y's spotpass?

Fuck

Is there some crazy legit way to get my Pokemon from my Blue and Silver carts into Pokemon Moon?

I'm sure there's a way you can extract saves from a legitimate gameboy cartridge, inject the blue save into the virtual console version of blue, and use pokemon bank to transfer them to a current generation game. I think the generation 2 games are out of luck until they make virtual console versions of those games and make them compatible with bank.

Your pokemon are trapped in their GBC prisons. The earliest you could go is from Ruby/Sapphire. Pal Park to Diamond/Pearl, transfer to Black/White, then put them into your Pokemon Bank and download them onto Sun/Moon. The only way to get Red/Blue/Yellow pokemon is from the virtual console versions. Speaking of has Pokemon Bank been updated to allow RBY? Are my hopes of something special from Missingno gone?

Or do voodoo magic like said.

I was looking more for something insane like trading all the pokemon forward one gen at a time to legit carts until you get to a Pokemon Bank compatible game.

Oh so they never let you transfer from GB to GBA I vaguely remember Nintendo advertising that feature I guess my brain just made it up then.

Self compile, or ask an user for their copy.

You want crazy?
Find a way to dump your Blue and Silver save. Don't know how, but this is the only way for it to be "legit".
Now, inject the Blue save into the VC copy of Blue, which you must buy or pirate if you have CFW.
Now, you can use the Pokebank to transfer Blue to Sun/Moon, but that doesn't come out until January. There's also a homebrew pokebank, but that hasn't been updated to Sun/Moon yet, let alone Blue/Red/Green/Yellow.

Now for Silver, you might need to pick up friend's spare copies of things if you don't have these yourself. Use the save file from Silver with a program that can extract the specific pokemon data (IVs, EVs, met place etc), then use another program such as PkHex to inject those pokemon into Sun and Moon.

The 2nd method works for both games, but the first methods only for for Gen 1.

January, I hear.

Try 10%. Go to Vast Poni Canyon, go to the last area right before the pedestal with the Dragonium Z, there's an area with grass patches. Jangmo-o's have a 5% chance of spawning there, too.

Through that 2nd method, you could have Leafeons/Glaceons/Sylveons with Focus Energy as Eevee learns Focus Energy in Yellow/Gold/Silver.

Cheaper on eBay. For the time being, I dumped Mario Kart 7. I want that back, though. Soon. And now because this fucking game is so stupid huge, it's gonna take like an hour to download. Good thing 7 have a new Steven Universe episode I can watch.

Bought the same SD card from the same seller on eBay for even cheaper than I got it the first time. $5.79. It should be here by Monday, I reckon. I can wait to play Mario Kart again until then. Hey, why doesn't the new 3DS Mario Party appear on the FreeShop? I want it.

Yeah, I'm a Holla Forumsnigger. I have videos about SU on YouTube even. And I'm not even autistic.

I've got some bad news for you.

what a troll NPC. Had a normal type out, Enemy Gastly uses meanlook. I can't switch out, it can't hurt me, I can't hurt it. Didn't save before hand. Just mash moves until enemy struggles to death. FML

The user doth protest too much.

How Hawaiian does this actually get?
Are there comfy island tunes with seafaring warriors and tossing virgins in volcanoes to appease pokemon?

Well, it took me like 4 hours but I did it. No idea why I was so afraid of getting A9LH before, it's very simple. Fuck you, Nintendo, I'll meme wondertrade all I like now and there's nothing you can do to stop me. Polite sage for blogposting.

How do I save this game? I should go to sleep

So I'm reading conflicting info on different sites so I'll just ask here:
Will I get banned if I play online now (after release) with the leaked copy?
Do I have to delete it and redownload through freeshop or am I fine with the moon.cia version?

Pretty sure the banned people via something to do with the header, just redownload from freeshop to be safe since there's no way to tell it's not legit as far as I'm aware.

Just back up your save with JKSM and redownload through freeshop. Definitely not worth the risk to keep using a cia that has a non-existent version number.

Totally safe.

This is what killed the Gen 5 starter stats samurott in particular and it makes no sense when they do it since nearly all the other gens give the fire starter the highest BST.

If JKSM doesn't work and you redscreen, try installing the cia version. It fixed the issue for me.

Also, holy shit that ending! Just finished up the whole lusamine thing. JESUS!

Wall, if I am autistic, I'm ultra both functioning and not an annoying asshole.

How does Hyper Training work?

I've got some bad news for you.

Do you think this has to do with either people pouring into pkmn or people evading the bans?

nintendoeverything.com/some-nintendo-online-servers-undergoing-emergency-maintenance/

Go fuck yourself.

Thanks for proving me right.

What did you expect when you try to justify your life choices on an anonymous imageboard.

You should know better if you had lurked more.

Pokemon only. 10 mirrian preorders, at last count, plus day one buys. They were flooded too fast. They can't detect the ban evading.

wew

So many fucking cutscenes. I like cutscenes, but they're making it a little too much just to start the game off.

If only she didn't have a billy hatcher hat only topped in stupid by ruby's male protagonist

you can buy different hats
you can even choose not to wear one at all

Sugimori is a big otaku, user

I heard you couldn't walk 10 steps without a cutscene and holy shit they weren't exaggerating over 2 hours in and I just got to the customisation and haven't even reached the first trial.

I can't even be fucked reseting for a nice ID number or nature.

if i download pokemon ding dong bannu with freeshop can i keep my save?

Oh boi, I hope you like 20 minutes long cutscen ending with a battle on it before you can save

Just get whatever save manager there is (forgot which one is the best one and which one is the crappy one). Extract your save from your game, delete your current cia, re-download through freeshop and inject the save you just extracted. It should work just fine

well, this gens fap bait fairy has an erogenous zone on her head

how do i freeshop

I want to know this too

instal the cia then look at its options and then qr scan this in freeshop

for pokemon you might have to manually download and import its seed, but I believe its released now so you don't have to do that

Search for the cfw/homebrew thread and read the OP copypasta.

i want to import my seed into steenee

You silly degenerates.

Getting 50 Rattatas has never felt so good

what are you going to do with all the rats?

Are you using the first leak cia? If so how many hours of gameplay do you have?

Are you faggots retarded? Torracat/Incineroar gets Darkest Lariat upon evolution at level 34.

How hard is it to get a heart scale? What do you have to do?

Just fish in the little whirlpools, I got a few big peals and heartscales that way.

And so begins my quest to make myself into a Hex Maniac wanabe.
Halloween might be long gone but the spooks will be here forever.

I actually looked into this way back because I was trying to help a friend save their Dragonite boyfriend so they don't have to periodically replace batteries (they apparently lost their cart so it hardly matters). What you can do is
Congrats, you got your Pokemon from cart to Gen 7 mostly legit.

Lillie, people who say otherwise are just faggots wanting to feel like special snowflakes

I wish this board was more active, I hate cuckchan so much, went on /vp/ to talk about sun/moon and the mod fucking global banned me for making fun of an OP asking for muh representation of gays in a fucking pokemon game

Fucking suffer, /vp/.

Suffer.