>>>/agdg/
>>>/vm/

Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

visualsvn.com/
tortoisesvn.net/
esolangs.org/wiki/velato
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R/K_selection_theory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark#Countries_using_Arabic_numerals_with_decimal_comma
blog.codinghorror.com/pick-a-license-any-license/
choosealicense.com/
gitgud.io/MicroTank/MicroTank_Enemies
gitgud.io/MicroTank/MicroTank
turbosquid.com/3d-models/m1-a1-abrams-3d-max/839382
turbosquid.com/3d-models/tanks-v15-3ds/666504
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

r8 my coder graphics plz

Reminds me a lot of spyro

comfy/10

Can I have multiple sets of vertex data for a render in WebGL?
Say, a vertex position array and a vertex temperature array.

Also, is it possible to use multiple programs for a single vertex array, or do I have to split it into multiple arrays?

The reason why I'd want to use multiple programs is that if I could have a wall stain red with blood, I wouldn't want the unstained majority of vertices to have the following fragment shader code since it does nothing if bloodfactor is 0:
red = red*(1-bloodfactor) + bloodfactor
green *= bloodfactor
blue *= bloodfactor

Can't you just add a check if bloodfactor=0?

if statements cripple performance of shaders.

Rooks good, can you add or bake in some nicer lighting though? Or maybe it's that the colors look a little washed out

Posting progress.
Level design 95% done. Bosses 50% done. Items 80% done. Quest 0% done. Story 50% done.
>TFW I will never make a real game.

I'll see if manual cubemaps do the trick. Right now all the objects reflect the skybox only which gives everything a blue tint no matter where it is.

Those graphics would make for a comfy Quake clone. If your project goes RIP you could always reuse them for an FPS.

Wait nevermind for some reason I could only see the thumbnail pic until I right-clicked.

I have a friend who dreams of making a retro-style 2D fighting game, made this in ~5s to demonstrate to him just how powerful a tool 3D could be in helping him create the animations that he otherwise really doesn't have the skills to make.

Uhhh….what?
Chromium crashes on me when I try to play this back in the browser.
What the heck?

I'm running chromium and it's working for for me.

I keep getting this weird error where I close my browser after seeing that webm

Here's the code I used to make that webm.

[block]
ffmpeg -r 60 -i %04d.png -c:v libvpx-vp9 -pass 1 -b:v 0 -qmin 0 -qmax 42 -crf 10 -threads 4 -speed 4 -tile-columns 6 -frame-parallel 1 -an -f webm /dev/null
ffmpeg -r 60 -i %04d.png -c:v libvpx-vp9 -pass 2 -b:v 0 -qmin 0 -qmax 42 -crf 10 -threads 4 -speed 1 -tile-columns 6 -frame-parallel 1 -auto-alt-ref 1 -lag-in-frames 25 -f webm output.webm
[/block]

Pretty standard stuff, I thought…

Looks fucking comf!

Ok so say you're making a strategy game.
What's the number 1 focus in the following genres: G-strategy, RTS, city builder and Ressource gathering

Min-maxing, min-maxing, and min-maxing

thx

How do you guys plan your projects. like get the right people to do things according to plan. I`ve been working on a new monthly work load but I`m not sure it`s going to be easy enough to follow.

If you're talking about team management, I'd suggest you do your part in a small project first before trying to lead one.

Keep in mind that some dev teams are kind of weird, though. I've seen some WIP projects that look professional as fuck on the surface, but then I join the team expecting a sense of direction and tight control only to have the leader and other big guys say things like, "dude, just like, make progress,"

All I can say is if you're expecting professionalism in a creative industry, you're gonna have a rough time.

I`m thinking more about when you got the big guy in place. how do you make a plan that works.

you might fool some hipsters with it
If you're gonna use 3D, you might as well just go full Arcsys and do it realtime

Still not sure what you're asking. Are you asking how to lead your team if you become a leader?
Write out your premise like you're trying to market to a publisher. Just do a cheap ass Google Docs/Libre Office write up, including a project overview and some bullet points bringing up some key features of the game.
Then you gotta carry your own damn weight to prove you're not just an ideas guy, then you get your slaves to work on the shit you need done in order, but require them to read your docs first.

No, the problem is not actually leading a team and getting them to do things, but making a plan that the whole team is following that sets a release date that the investors/publishers understand.

I'm making an actual 3D game, I only fiddled around with rendering 3D objects as 2D sprites because I was thinking about his pipe-dream a bit

(Also I accidentally rendered that whole thing in orthographic view rather than perspective, whoops)

Another higher-res test sprite I threw together in five seconds, again just for the sake of communicating to him why 3D could make his pipe-dream somewhat more feasible

Let`s say that you have a team of developers, progs and artist that actually pay you to work on a project. how do you as a team leader create a good plan to follow and get investor interest so you can pay your developers

but that's the correct way

How in the hell do I map an image or text around a tapered cylinder? I tried GIMP's Polar Coordinates tool but the text is distorted.

Add a seem going from the top of the cylinder to the bottom.

Unwrap it as a cylinder, not as a cone.

So something more like this?

Yes.

The point is that making a guess and giving it as an answer will make it far less likely that anyone else will answer since it looks answered, forcing the question to be reposted later.

I for one will notice when a question has been answered poorly and give my own answer, but few others do the same, so if you aren't sure of your answer, don't reply.

Okay, I got it. Now I only have to rotate the text a little to get it to line up. Thanks.

goddamn pdfs were built by satan himself

There's a very good way to tell if something is an answer/command or a suggestion/question

Its a little symbol. Wait for it. Here it is. Its coming.

?

In practice, the only times a question will receive attention from more than one person is if it all comes simultaneously.

How did you get this?

WHY DOES GIT BREAK ALL THE FUCKING TIME
I JUST WANT TO STORE MY FILES AND REVERT IF I BREAK ANYTHING
WHY
WHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHYWHY
WHY
WHY

use SVN instead, git is garbage.
visualsvn.com/
tortoisesvn.net/

Makin' some sprites and shit.

You better use that as a 3D model in engine and not prerender it or I'm going to slap your shit.

user pls.

It sounds like you're kind of fighting against the benefits of using a shader. I mean, what is your intention, to get only the vertices that would be stained and then apply the shader? What was the point of using it then?
What I mean is, while obviously you don't want to be checking every wall in a scene every frame unnecessarily, once it's reasonably culled down, it's going to be orders of magnitude faster to run those three lines of code in parallel across however many hundreds of cores than any solution you come up with to get the correct vertices in the control code.
Also, are you sure your code does nothing if bloodfactor is 0?

i want to make a 2d platformer just to test the waters but i have no idea what program to use for the animation anyone got any tips?

and for the engine is it a good idea to use the unreal engine? because i intend to make the one after to be 3d

Fair point, that shader code is extremely fast, and while selecting certain vertices to use a different shader would likely be faster in OpenGL, I forgot that Javascript is often orders of magnitude slower than even Java, while WebGL is only a little slower than OpenGL.

It takes Javascript a while to count up to a million, but Java can run a sorting algorithm on a million items in less time.

I guess what I now need is a way to use multiple vertex arrays at the same time, since it's much cleaner if I can keep my position and colour data separate since what I'm trying to make is a template WebGL program that I can use for projects which won't necessarily have colour data though will always have position data.

I'm pretty happy with the way my combat system is currently. There's no major changes I can think of that need to be made to it, so I've started work on a way to initiate "random" battles.

"Random" in quotes because I'm taking influence from Chrono Trigger in that all non-story encounters can be seen on the overworld and avoided and that the battlefield and overworld map will be one in the same.

First step is done, the function picks an area of the map to use for the battlefield, within the bounds of the overall level map. Currently it's just centered on the player and offset by the edges of the map if needed. Next step will be tweaking the battlefield area so that there's more fighting space in the direction the player was headed when he he made contact with an enemy and less behind him. After that I'll get into actually setting the necessary stuff for the battle itself, bringing in actual enemies, and setting terrain data.

The answer is a resounding yes. I assume you're using VAOs. If so, you probably have some setup code like this:
glGenVertexArrays
glBindVertexArray
glGenBuffers
glBindBuffers
glVertexAttribPointer
glEnableVertexAttribArray
glVertexAttribPointer

Change that to:
glGenVertexArrays
glBindVertexArray
glGenBuffers
glBindBuffers
glVertexAttribPointer
glVertexAttribPointer

The Attrib calls operate on the currently bound buffer (specified by the target parameter). When a VAO is bound, these calls gets recorded into that VAO and the current buffer gets included in that record (i.e. not the target). If a VAO is bound when a draw call is issued, it has the effect of replicating those calls (without VAOs you do the attrib calls each frame, or at least if you want to change shader/buffer).

That's a tad confusing since you include the creation of the buffers in your explanation.

Try explain the draw calls on the assumption of me having these variables already created:
postionBuffer
positionVAO
temperatureBuffer
temperatureVAO

What I currently have in the draw call while I'm just using position is:

bindVertexArray(positionVAO)
bindBuffer(…, positionBuffer)
vertexAttribPointer(program.vertexPositionAttribute, positionBuffer.itemSize, …)

drawArrays(…, positionBuffer.numItems)

No you retards. You're using git wrong.
Git "breaks" because you don't know how it works.

You guys need to put in some effort, learn how it works, maybe get someone to tell you instead of learning from a book.

I taught my non-coder boyfriend how to use git in like 4 hours of shit talking on skype. Git gud, it's not hard, just a bit complex because of terminology.

I wholeheartedly agree. Read a motherfucking book, nigga.

Theres like 4 commands of git you will ever use.

git init
git remote add
git pull
git push
I forget what else, probably what you use when you fucked something up.

Remembered it:
git comit -m "Message"

you forgot a couple.

git add
git checkout

also messing around with the .gitignore file can be quite useful.

git lg (yes, lg) and git diff for me.

can't wait to get off this fucking office, get home and dev
IAM MOTIVATED AND EXCITED AS FUCK, WHY AREN'T YOU FUCKING MOTIVATED TOO?

Because I have 2 late homework assignments due, and another one due monday, and finals are coming up.

My new studio monitors turned out to be counterfeit so I had to send them back.

JUST
DO IT

But user
My homework assignments are late because I've been dev'ing

ok fine

just like compose game

esolangs.org/wiki/velato

Or you could just not need to remember commands and use a GUI.

Yeah, except, you need to know what those commands mean, nigga.

You would still need to know what's going on, you dumb nigger.

How do you know what a 'git commit' is? Is it that hard to remember:
$ git commit

What about adding files to staging? Is it THAT hard to remember
$ git add file

WOOOW
bugged memory mechanics.

I guess, but you can just memorize how to update your git file.

99% of your git commands are

Your issue is with laziness. You recommend another tool that because it's "easier" because you remember it, you know how to use the tool.

I recommend git based on the fact that it is superior to other version control systems and not hard to learn. It is hard to learn if you hide behind TortoiseGit and never read up on terminology or what is actually happening and why git is refusing to work like you expect it. PROTIP: it's because you 'expect' the wrong thing and are using it wrong. Learn your fucking tools you git.

tl;dr: use git, read up on what words like 'branch' 'commit' 'staging' and 'head' mean. Then ask for help on IRC if you need it.

Two more things:

Its easy to know/remember what things do, but command line commands and their specific syntax are difficult to remember.

With a GUI you can do more stuff without needing to know verbose command line syntax for stuff.
Also, it's very useful to be able to right click a folder, select commit, and then just select the files to add and commit, rather than needing to navigate the folders you have and adding individual files.

I actually use both git and svn, but for different purposes, and work with a lot of non-programmers who can't learn how git works. Git's good for programmers, but not for artists, musicians, etc. The more steps that have to be done, the more likely they fuck up, and I have to fix it. The laziness is justified- I don't want to have to go around to 5 artist's computers daily to fix their Git.

The way we strucutre our repos are each game has a SVN repository, where all assets exist.
Things that are shared between projects are inside Git repositories, inside that SVN repository. This is typically library code, and never is anything game-specific, and the programmers decided on doing it this way because it makes the process of committing changes to the library code more difficult, to discourage changing things there that don't need to be changed.

What are you talking about?

$ git help add
$ git help commit
$ git help branch
$ git help help
$ git help any
$ git help fucking
$ git help command

Is it so hard to read something like pic related?

Read

Non-programmers can't remember jack shit

I'm not entirely against the GUI for convenience. I'm just saying git isn't rocket science.

Pertaining to
That makes sense. git isn't good for binary data.

You can tell them to delete their local repo, clone the repo again, try again.
It's what everyone does until they get the hang of git.

Or you can just talk for an hour about how git works on a monday morning with snacks and some booze and teach your artists properly.
That's what Carmack did you retoids. He sat down with graphics artists at id and talked Blinn-Phong and how the Doom 3 engine did lighting and how not to make it look like a polished turd.

That's retarded. Sounds like a way get programmers to write complexity into the main project instead of into the library (where it might belong.)

No. Not non-programmers. plebs
Rule of thumb: don't hire plebs that can't read and figure shit out themselves.

Problem solved!

Well, people certainly approach it like that.

You need to calm down brah.

More progress on children mod for RimWorld. Newborns can now do nothing but lay in bed going to make a custom 'crib' bed eventually and be fed until they grow into a toddler. Toddlers are still very incomplete as they still have the AI of adults.

Next on the table is fixing toddler AI and making colonists fucking actually cause pregnancy. Though from looking at the source code that's not going to be easy to detour.

you should give toddlers the opposite AI of adults. They go towards threats instead of away from them.

JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE

I think you need to start completely from scratch at this point fam

I already have and it's ended up no where

What's the problem?

You're using Godot2D right? Maybe GamesFromScratch has a tutorial. Also try the Godot irc room.

Camera in godot is easy.
Just add camera as a child and check current.

True patricians read TAOCP.

ignore Unix posts
hide Unix threads
do not reply to Unix users

Too much effort, uh?

Are you meming?

I have given up because there is nothing I can do anymore

I actually admire Knuth immensely, but he's never going to finish TAOCP before his ol' ticker gives up. People need to listen more to Knuth, Tanenbaum and Kahan. Pic related. It's floating point elvis.

Herp derp

Are you using Godot?
Post a screenshot of your node tree.

Have you even posted your save/project so someone can just point out what the fuck you're doing wrong?

Programming is meant to save time, not waste it.
The 'these four six twelve commands are all you need' meme needs to die.
If there was nothing wrong with git, you wouldn't hear complaints about it.

Git was made by unixfags for unixfags, and reeks of the same shit philosophy, or rather lack thereof.

I bet you're one of those systemd faggots, aren't you?

The fuck? Stop lurking Holla Forums. Although, the attitude of some of the posters in this board doesn't help.

Yeah. e/g/in Holla Forumsies are fucking cancer. Both boards on both half and fullchan are full of vape and consumerist threads. Man, I've got better shit to do than derail the /agdg/ general with this "the best version control system" banter, like writing video games.

If you guys aren't focused on getting shit done, you might as well give up.

Go use Visual Studio and shitty GUI front ends for version control. No one gives a shit until they have to use your project, which is very fucking doubtful considering that guy is calling others "faggots" for using UNIX.

Some day, ya'll will get why I use git over svn/cvs can't say much about hg, never used it. My only regret is not being there to tell you "I told you so."

sage for shitposting

breddy much im too paranoid to upload the project itself

ok

Just recreate the important part in a separate project, and unless it magically works then you upload that.

jesus christ no. svn is good only for one person doing kiddie script stuff in college

too paranoid

I have no idea.
Why is the camera node not indented though?
Anyone with more than half a day of experience with Godot tell me if this is important.

Are you afraid someone's gonna steal your broken stuff?

it is
No, I am just retarded and autistic

Just give me everything and I'll fix it.

make a project where it's just that node tree with the script in the player being just movement and upload it if it just works :^)

Anyone know what to do?

Play being just movement?

player script is just the code to make it move within fixed process

Five questions of curiosity:

1. Do you expect to make money with your game? Why?
2. In case of a positive answer, did you know that the best entrepreneurs are known for their dare to experiment new ideas and discard them if they don't present the necessary results (popularly known as fail faster)?
3. In case of another positive answer, would you be ready to discard your current project if you had the necessary clues (Long-ass dev time, lack of general popularity and/or hype, incompetent team, etc.) that selling this product wouldn't compensate your efforts?
4. In case of negative, you realize you are in contradiction with question one? That the game is more important to you than getting money in an efficient and possibly non-scammy way?
5. What do you think of fail faster method in general? Do you have a different interpretation?

At least explain your disapproval, faggot.

Go ask uncle Holla Forums about r-types and k-types. Think about it long and hard. Now look at the meme youtube channels you're taking all this shit from, and think about who's their audience. Realize nobody in AGDG is part of that audience. Then kill yourself.

xd

Ok.

I don't know what are you talking about. I heard this term from a friend a long time ago, the idea just resurfaced on my head today and I thought it could be useful.

Yeah and that includes me.

Ok, I already noticed this is a triggerword,

Get new friends.

I'm not his friend anymore, user, why the fuck are you so triggered? Is it so hard to explain?

Holy shit.

r-types and k-types

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R/K_selection_theory ?

Yeah, Holla Forums just answered. Embed related, is what they sent me.

Oh, no, someone stole my low poly indie game art style!

Well, that's some interesting knowledge, are you going to explain what is the relation of this with meme youtubers (that you didn't bother citing who) and experimental entrepreneurship? Guessing by your avoidance and short temper, probably not, anyway if anyone wants to clarify me, I'm open to explanations.

I never heard of this around here.

Maybe it's a wild guess, but I think indies will strive for low poly now that their raped pixelart completely.

lurk moar

Hipster low-poly graphics hurt my soul.

Touchy subject imo.
You're essentially touting the perspective of some mobile dev that's shitting out 30 games a year because they can hire pajeet to program a shitty version of temple run for a few bucks; or releasing five different versions of the same game, because "fail faster XDDDD" which is fucking cancer.

On the small scale, it's reasonable, as you're following the path of learning more via experimenting with different approaches to the same problem in a singular project.
Say, experimenting with a few different types of AI, sometimes failing/restarting, and figuring out what works best; then making your own AI that matches your specific needs due to your now widespread experience. Then it's fine imo.

Practice (many approaches), learn (as much as you can), experiment (don't be afraid to fail or innovate… it's one or the other)… and rinse repeat.

Have any idea why hipster low poly looks so same-y? Pics related. I rarely see low poly with a psx feel.

I agree, it's cancer. And I would add that one of the main mistakes of taking this path besides the soulless approach to game design is that is not really fruitful, yeah, maybe you can cash with mobile clones but you will never achieve that unique sensation of being recognized by the quality of your work, or, if that doesn't matter to you, being able to make a game that you can have fun with. Taking this path at all would not be a legit example of failing faster because the mistake is blatantly obvious, you wouldn't even need to test it. This is how I see it anyway.

Nice method, m8.
Any progress?

My bet is because they very openly overemphasize the tris and don't really put much effort into making detailed textures. If you look at games on the PS1 and N64 and PC at the time, they were low-poly but squeezed more detail out of the models by means of having elaborate (for the time) textures. These games mostly just have solid colors and patterns.

Applying a can of prepackaged, mass produced Tumblr Tripe isn't the same as actually knowing color theory.

Flexibility and adaptability are good things, but any mindset where you go in with the intention of failure is a bad one.

Design your core concept. Test it out. If you aren't happy with it, make adjustments as necessary. Study what other games have done well and use what you think will work well with your idea. More importantly, study what other games have done poorly and think about why those ideas failed. Learn from the mistakes others have made.

Because hipster devs are incapable of originality and lack the skill to make something visually appealing. Why they don't hire someone who does have the necessary skills to make a game that doesn't look like ass, I can only assume is because they don't know anyone in their clique who has those skills.

Hipster low poly is old as fuck fam, there was that interesting ancient era strategy game being published by the guy behind Gary's Mod.

not a good example of low poly.

Well I'm a goddamn retard.

Anyway, has some images from Spyro, and you can't see the triangles. They've smoothed the normals for the lighting, whereas the hipster retards used sharp normals for everything so there's no blending between triangles.

The difference is in the design. The hipster trash is designed to look low poly when the system can do so much more, the Spyro examples are designed to look high poly when the system can barely handle it. Spyro managed this by using textures, the hipster trash is just coloured triangles.

this. I love old low-poly because it's similar to sprites, using good limited pixel use to give detail and shadows.

that flat-color-chunky-tris bullshit is atrocious, see it in newspapers and magazines all over the place. it's snobby and low effort.

Can someone post those images comparing pixelart form indies and real old games?

thx m8

I can't be bothered to post it, but yeah I'm pretty proud of what I have thus far.

I don't think this really applies to games

Monstergirl dungeon crawler is functionally complete, last 12 sprites need to be drawn by artfag and then I can make a shitty manual and release the shit into wild and start working on expansion.

Is it lewd?

I still need writefags to write smut but yes.

Yes.
Hack'n'slash coop games are scarce, especially for PC. I just have to deliver a decent game and it'll sell.
Now actually making a good amount of money is an entirely different discussion.
Obviously.
It depends what the exact reasons are. My primary goal isn't just to sustain myself, but also to understand what exactly are the steps to developing and publishing a game. If a game isn't profitable, I'd probably still finish it, albeit with less content, just to get something out and to have something to pad my resume if I ever quit the industry.
It's not.
You can have multiple reasons for developing a game. Just because one ends up invalidated, doesn't mean the others don't.
Fail faster is a learning tool.
That said, trying to push out games quick for the sake of testing the market is a waste of time. The market is already saturated with garbage, and getting one successful product out of the door means your company has visibility for life. The only way "fail faster" works is in the context of early access, but we all know how badly that shit goes, both for consumer and developer.

progress report, i think i will be releasing a new version tomorrow already

Jesus christ, this game looks so god damn boring
It's like American McGee's Grimm, but a lot worse.

i could say "raw preparation", but feels weird

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM

ok ok i gonna change gezz

will there be a jew ingredient.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark#Countries_using_Arabic_numerals_with_decimal_comma

i will add a button to change the recipe name, so you can cook anything and name it "jew" then call Holla Forums to have a snack

thanks famalan

Here, now i gonna implement the button functions, see you fags later

I didn't say they werent valid I'm saying your eurocuck way of doing them is wrong.

t. Not an American

Thanks, pal.

yeah don't do this i'm from a country that uses commas for decimals and it's awful just use the american method

What the fuck am I looking at?
Is this a game or a real interactive recipe book?

I wonder how hard it would be to make a game that actually simulates the physical and chemical processes when cooking.

its my cooking system
the recipe book is merely a guide, you have total freedom to play with the ingredients
the game takes your ingredients and try to guess what you want to make, if you like the result you can save the recipe and even use it as ingredient for a new dish
you can try it out here
>>>/agdg/28131
i haven't finished the recipe book yet, so the current available version doesn't have it yet

i spent almost a year thinkering ways to make something like that, never managed to make a cooking system that made sense using such thing
i planned alchemy systems with a totally new element tables (most with 50 to 80 atoms), but became waaaay too complex, i may use parts of it for my alchemy system i will add on the expansion if i can simplify to make it FUN

You could always generate recipes procedurally

if you mean fixed recipes then no.
it will be like the cooking system, every ingredient combination will have some effect

Also, one of the uses of alchemy i have planned will be remove toxins from monster flesh

Reminds me of Don't Starved, where you could mix monster food with 3 other foods and it would come out normal. Or you could use 50 monster/50 normal, and it would be a cointoss

Where's my amateur musicfags at?

Maybe you can tell me where to find sound samples.
Looking for classical instruments but had no luck.

Really cool stuff, man. Sounds foreboding.

i'm getting free vst's from vst4free, most of them will sound bad even with hundreds of filters.
Get your shit together and pirate premium ones, it will help you greatly.
As of free ones, here's what i use:

Here, take a listen. All of them are featured here.

reminds me of UT

Noice, is it based on Front 242? Because it sounds pretty close to it.

This is literally impossible, you see, because cookinganon is an awful programmer and write 500 lines of java for literally every recipie

I still will never forget that webm spooky user made from that.

stale meme user

This one?

yeh

I saved it to just on a different computer. It was gold.

It's not a meme. You write like an actual pajeet and everyone should know.

but you haven't seen the interior of each method, so how do you know for sure?

Partly because you're afraid to share it so we don't become even more convinced you're pajeet, partly because you did share a small portion of it and it was an abomination.

I won't show it because it makes you sperg and i find it amusing
And you never pointed out any significant problems with the part i shown

No one here is actually upset. We're just having fun at the expense of your bad idea and worse implementation.

>We're just having fun at your expense
I agree with this.

I think it's kinda shitty how everyones dog-pilling cookinganon though, so it doesn't surprise me he'd try to smug-anime his way out of it. Not a lot of people deal with this type of shit well, except rare cases like Ben Garrison.

Renaming saved recipes now implemented

He brought it on himself, really. Normally poking fun at a college graduate's pajeet-tier coding wouldn't be nearly as fun, but he was also dumb enough to complain about how he had to write hundreds of lines of code for each simple recipe while completely disregarding everyone's advice.

dude you are the only spering, everyone else is just having fun

never heard of it, sounds neat!

I've asked you to post your dish code in the past. I guarantee it can be cut down to 10% of the current code, at most, and end up much more flexible, readable, and easy to edit.

But you won't post your code. You're unwilling to improve. You've spent hours copy-and-pasting the same thing over and over and don't want all that 'work' to go to waste.

You're just being a tad too aggressive about it.

Well that is a bit weird since your music and the one I posted kicks off at 0:40. Your music has the length of 4:26 minutes while the 242 - Sacrificial has a length of 4:32 minutes.

Is it? My bet is on Cannonade.

look user i understand why you are angry, you wanted to help and i said no, but don't you think its reasonable to refuse showing everything i worked hard to make?
I don't think you would steal my code, i do believe you would improve and give back a better version, but you have to understand that once posted here its public and anyone could run away with it
doesn't matter if its not good enough in your opinion, it works and runs smoothly (asides from a few bugs im fixing as i find it), so anyone snatching it would have a free neat cooking system that no one else ever done before without having to do shit

Please be reasonable, it this worth holding a grudge forever?

You could apply GPL2, Copyright (shit tbh) or CC-BY-ND then at the very least you have some legal backing.

For fuck's sake user there are licenses you can put it under. We're trying to save you a shitton of work because you don't seem to understand abstraction or serialization.

Ok.

As bad as cooking user's code is, you should see the average uni kids. They are so clueless. The ones Iknew thought this one guy in our class was a god-tier coder because he was clearly autistic as fuck and he would make his homework assignments as cryptic as possible for no reason. Finding ways to use logarithmic math to navigate a tree. All just to be like "I CAN THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX LOOK AT HOW COOL I AM" when in reality if he was half decent at coding he wouldn't waste his time with trivial crap. The fact alone people think this is what good programming is shows how fucking bad the average uni-kid is.

Could you elaborate?

i don't think i can't remember exactly but i think it was from UT 2004 that's the one i played the most anyway

Does anyone need MOTIVATION?
sound only

I don't remember. This was a year ago at least, and it probably wasn't trees either. The class it was in was 90% trees, 10% heaps (which are just trees in array form) so he probably did it with heaps. All I know is he did it just because he wanted to show off.

I'm attending University (CS) and have seen some others program. Holy shit. Now, I'm don't think I'm some kind of "god-tier" programmer, to use your wording, but FUCK. ME. The only explanation I have is that they just don't care. To me programming is fun, so I listen to people who are better than me, read, inform myself otherwise and of course practice, practice, practice. I just like spending time programming. It's inevitable that you'll git gud to some degree given enough time.

This made me reflect on some of the crazy/dumb things I've done in the past and realize they weren't so crazy/dumb.

I also take CS and most people are worse than at least from the ones i've worked with
The only one that was actually really good was this one obviously very autistic guy who could barely speak
Also holy shit I've to attend some 1st year courses that i failed last year and this new year has got to be one of the most autistic years yet and i mean in a very obnoxious kinda way fuck man i'm glad that's not my year

Pretty good. I expected him to be full of shit like every other motivational fag, but I guess being full of shit doesn't mix well with Trump.

Very much reminds me of MGS, sounds great

Thinking: if that madman can take on the entire media, establishment, celebrities, wall street, bankers, liberals, academia, massive voter fraud and all the corrupts under Soros and win in the end without playing dirty, then why can't i just make game? Thats what made me dedicate myself fully to this project.
I no longer think of "can i do it?" i think "how long until i do it?" all thanks to people like Donald Trump and Stefan Molyneux
When i finish my game (not just the cooking system) i will send them steam keys for the game, i doubt he would ever have time to play… but would make me incredibly happy if he played even if only 5 minutes as long as he enjoyed it.

you are not even gonna send us steam keys?
Also when you release your game and almost no one buys it then can we see the source code?

(checked)
And not only the American media, practically media from all around the world including the (((German Media)) who was kvetching very hard about him.

Is there a version without the obnoxious music?

Don't worry. The further you get, the more lazy hacks will leave after finding out that studying CS is quite a bit of work.

Chilefag here kjsakjsakjsa , I can confirm the (((Media))) here did the same. A lot of people here really believe Trump is gonna kill gays on the streets, deport legal inmigrants and start WWIII, the fuck.

Having the transcript of this would be pretty good. Also, this

Not him but how would I do this? I would love to post my code as a sort of indicator of progress (I can't art worth shit) but I'm a little worried about people nicking it.

When low poly or low res 2d was a limitation, artists tried really hard to get it to look as much as like what they could do on paper as possible. The result is that their work had a lot of proper art sense despite forced limitations. Modern hipsters go for low poly as a style choice mainly out of laziness and they probably can't even draw so they mimic other low poly art and the result is like a shitty looking incest child

i will distribute some free keys here and on Holla Forums, and pray to not get banned for shilling, also no bully pls

sorry i only have this version

im brazilian
And the mainstream here bashes Trump more than CNN (yes thats possible), also the general public trust the media here, so everyone is bluepilled as fuck

I'm also brazilian and can confirm the media bias against Trump. Really sad to watch it.

Feels good. Pressing the right shift is something all of us do way too much. I still have plenty unused alts, so maybe I'll pack it with extra symbols like the Lisp machine had.

Pretty sure you stick the license disclaimer in a comment in your source files, or distribute it as a file bundled with your work.
blog.codinghorror.com/pick-a-license-any-license/
choosealicense.com/
Keep in mind this just gets the law behind you. You physically cannot stop people from using your code, but if they're stupid enough to try something with it that breaks your license you can sue them.

Which still is irrelevant to cooking user because he will never ever release a damn thing worth playing with code as redundant and unmaintainable as his. If you post on Stack Overflow, do you somehow expect that the people you're asking for help are thinking of how they can steal your code, or are you asking for people smarter than you to help fix it? It's like not calling a plumber for fear they'll run off with your toilet.

eh, so far I have now Xtreme Death, BioChemical and Fire death added for infantries, probably needs some minor polish then it should be good for now. I wonder how wreckages should behave when they are struck with a fire munition, I think I have more or less of a grip with my development as I read Holla Forums a lot and playing Crash of Chernobyl which is a bit why my Git commits have gaps.

Anyway 1 issues less the very least.
For anyone interested I also have a git set up for it, through I admit it is a bit crude right now but better than nuffin I guess.
gitgud.io/MicroTank/MicroTank_Enemies
gitgud.io/MicroTank/MicroTank

user im running against time here, even if my code can be rewriten and optimized a lot right now i can't afford to do it, i will do it when im working fulltime in the game after the successful indiegogo campaign
The company im working for is not doing well and no, its not my fault this time, my job is not granted next year, the sooner i release the demo the better, when i don't have to worry about my next day meal i will go back and optimize the old code.
Also a lot will have to be rewriten when i switch to Unity anyways right now the game is running in plain WPF
The risk of having code stolen is the least of my worries, but i can't afford to stack more worries on top of what i already have, also i can't afford an attorney if i were to sue someone, specially if that person is in a different country

wait you're making the recipe thing to sell it?

the whole game yes
the cooking system is just part of it

how jewish are your chinese overlords?

Oh I thought you were making some GUI builder looking cooking game and expecting to sell it for money

The company clients are pretty jewy, they keep asking for more shit that was not on the contract nor planned before and the boss tells me to keep them happy, so the projects keep getting bloated and delayed.
shit is fucked

Used to be in the same boat. Fuck the German keyboard layout. I now have a mechanical keyboard with US layout and use the EurKey mappings. It gives me the best of both worlds.
[]{};:'/?\|",. are all easily and so are ÄäöÖüü.

All right. Thanks very much for the info.

You should send them le happy merchants on your way out when you are done with them :^)

sometimes i really want to hide profanities in the code as comments, but don't want to risk losing the job early because we always have to deliver the source in the end of the project

Well that's why I wrote you should do that when you are about to quit your job anyway not when you are still working for them in a while or so, not that you are fucking your self up prematurely.

It pretty sucks to hear about your situation man I hope it gets better soon enough. Did Trump at least partially unfucked your shit? :^)

Don't worry user things WILL be better, im sure my game will be a success, im not the best programmer, but i know the market for sure and i know how to make fun mechanics
Also if i get enough money i will be able to hire my brother, he is a MUCH better programmer, but he doesn't want to risk everything in this project like me.
I spoke too boldly about Trump and that almost got me into trouble, i had to explain a lot to my boss, and all women and some nu-males by the office now think im some kind of neo-nazi for liking Trump

I hope so, there needs to be more people who will make vidya great again and not all those low energy indie trash games.

Does he at least gives you a few tips from time to time? After all he is your fam.

>I spoke too boldly about Trump and that almost got me into trouble
Well on the bright side you shouldn't worry much about those cucklords if they are too stupid getting their shit together and keeping their company a float and having to resort jewing out people like you.

As a experienced modeller shit like this makes me mad, there are things like Wings 3D and Blender which is relative easy to use and they are so lazy that they don't even bother smoothing their polygons! They could at least try experimenting different methods of texturing their crap or like you know have some sort of Atlas texturing like Total Annihilation did but noo they need to produce such memey shit.

I don't think you get banned for shilling your own game

If you're honest about shilling your own game (and you give out at least a demo) there's not problem at all, mate.

If your game doesn't have a Linux version tough…

My brother is a big autist, if he looks my code right now i might have two autists demanding i redo everything instead of one, i will pass for now.

Oh yeah, i will be sure honest
Linux version will probably be possible at release, the game will be in Unity after all, shouldn't be too hard to export to Linux

Recipe Saving System done
I will rest a bit, then make a few default recipes and release a new version in the /agdg/ thread
Will be up in a few hours probably

Test early, test often. Former Unity user here

i worked with multiplatform frameworks in android before, i know this shit sometimes just does not work, i will be sure to test

It's international men's day.

you are doing it wrong goy
im so glad i still have my foreskin

Hell no, i dont think entertaiment is "entitled" to money, id actually want to do something useful to earn money. devving is supposed to be just a hobby for me.

Is that a circumcision simulator?

considering what I initially had planned
this is just the tip of the iceberg

but yes

Is the surgeon working for his Jewish overlord hivemind?

do you level up into a trankenstein? If you go that route you have to make distant hebrew chanting that slowly increases in volume with each removed testicle

Rigged my first character.

Please rate my code, what can I change ?

#include #include #include #define HEIGHT 30#define WIDTH 30#define TILE_WALL 1#define TILE_FLOOR 0int DungeonMap[WIDTH][HEIGHT];int FillPercent = 45;int GenerateRand(void);void InitMap(void);void CellularAutomata(void);void PrintMap(void);int main(void){ srand(time(NULL)); InitMap(); for(int x = 0; x

Sorry, for some reason the code blocks look like shit.

Realistically, is there any money to be made in model packs? I want to know before I waste my time making a bunch to sell somewhere like the Unity store and I only make $10 in the end.

If you can make something like this then sure :^)

turbosquid.com/3d-models/m1-a1-abrams-3d-max/839382
turbosquid.com/3d-models/tanks-v15-3ds/666504

My cousin did some high detailed car models for a game company and apparently they resold it because now they're in like every game

Post pics of the car.

Hey, it's been a while.

It gets the job done and it's pretty easy to read, but it's a relatively simple problem so I'll point out some stuff to keep in mind when you get to more complex tasks.
>x

It's C++ not C.

>#include
>#include
>#include

It's like 66% C 33% C++, probably less. If you uesd printf instead of std::cout it would be 100% c

Hey it'd compile with gcc if you just replaced the couts with printfs.

I like what I'm seeing, even if I can't make out most of it

I was listening to this on repeat while I worked on my game. What do you faggots usually listen to for motivation. Aside from this I've been listening a ton to the Thief 2 soundtrack and new-retro 80s shit like vid related.

Finding more bugs than expected, will release tomorrow instead, good night fags

New retro wave is so fucking comfy. Its the only genre thats pretty good compared to memewave vaporwave etc

Hopefully normalfags dont really make it popular. If you wanna get more tracks then the youtube channel new retro wave has a shit ton of good songs.

I just let the youtube player run and write down all the songs/artists I like. They all seem to be on the channel you mentioned. Other laid back stuff like The Doors are pretty good to.

I listen to a lot of Justice. I can post their new album if you want.

This is like what pop should have turned into, instead of teenage girl bait.

PROGRESS

I love you, user.

99% sure it's just a rushed place-holder to see if it's working.

Final code.

I will be making several cubes, and calling transformation matrixes during creation could result in a struct being assigned to 2 or 3 times depending on how I implement it. Not to mention having to pass the matrixes all those times. I could do it by quad, or lookup tables for coordinates, but that is also wasteful. In this case, it's actually the fastest way to create a unit cube.

And yes I'm using index buffers.

OpenGL ?

Most people are gunna give you flack because it has a lot of signs that it could have been done easier to read, easier to manage, etc with a slick for-loop. I honestly don't care, was just pointing out I've done a lot of sloppy shit like that in the past just to see if my shit was drawing. The OOP rules don't really apply to games, as seen by Ubisoft using globals, Google having a speech shitting all over anything that isn't an array, and Insomniac game's Mike Acton's speech that was him shitting all over the software community in general for using these rules over their brains.

I wouldn't say this is true in your case though

XNA so technically DX9 with my settings

I dont understand half the 3d process so I figure working with primitives until I get it should work. R-right? I mean I cant model, 3d scares me, and my spritework is pretty bad but I need some kind of graphics so this seems like a happy medium for now.

OOP rules = programming rules
Idk why I put OOP.

I honestly dont see how i could extract it into a loop.

Consider the texture coordinates (last arg). I could do something like

But the problem with that is when the VPNT[] array is created it gains the default values for the structs it contains. That is, everything is assigned zero when the array is created. Going on to then assign new values is a second assignment

The array as an argument is actually somewhat vestigial. It had good intentions with the ability to read/write from anywhere but I'm limited to 65536 verts per draw call so I was going to break each into 48 vertex arrays and just have a bunch of those - the bonus being I can inline the VPNT object being created and only have one assignment. Shit will be SO cash

(I'm having 48 verts per cube because of two draw passes with similar geometry but different texture coordinates. .. but ill think about it at work tomorrow)

Fuck it. I'm posting Justice. Sage for non-agdg.

Fuck forgot to sage.

Forgot the songs, too. None of these have audio.

SHIT

I was listening to one of them and was like "it's gunna be one of those fade-in intros", then realized it was 3/4ths of the way through.

Just a sec, the mp4s are all fine, I just messed up the encoding.

Webm related, it's the making of Justice's new album apparently.

Hopefully this works better. The rest will be coming but I have to re-encode them so it won't be one right after the other.

And that's the last one.

Hey am I the only one who has problems with the Godot engine ? I was checking the platformer demo to understand how it works, and when I open the player scene and click on anything related to the camera node it crashes, with the enemy scene it's everything related to the animations. Click on it then, bam ! Crash. Should I just go with the Blender BGE or Irrlicht ?

No, that one guy can't get cameras to work, and there was a guy who didn't get collisions. So either they are functionally retarded, or Godot somehow bugs out for them.
Blender BGE is shit, no idea about Irrlicht.

The guy who couldn't get the camera to work still hasn't shared his stuff.
I tried it and it works for me and I doubt the same version of Godot works differently on his system.

New version released!
>>>/agdg/28152

Music user, do you think next time you could reduce the bitrate or filesize and post multiple files per post? You did like 20 posts and now we're 300+ and on page 10

oh well we'll just make a new thread in a minute

Yeah I can do that.

pls upload it if it just werked

OK, where to upload it?

Can some artfag make me 4 images for free?
I will use it on a Unity Asset store package that will be sold for 1 buck (or whatever is the minimum amount the asset store lets me sell for).

It will be used on webm related, My plan is to have the 4 images blend as it goes around.

The image is on the same idea of the second pic, but I need some low resolution pixel art leaves, one version for each season. The one I am using currently is so high resolution that it becomes a white blur when used, not to mention that I don't have one for each season of it.

I can only offer my gratitude, or a free copy of the final product, if the asset store enables me to gift copies. (Worse case scenario I will post the .unity package here).

Although it still does not have the functionality, it is a selection wheel

NEW