3>2>4>1

3>2>4>1

2>4>1>3

4>>>>>>>>>>>>

literal shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>weebshit

>>>/scat/

I want another Way of the Samuraiā€¦ maybe with longer arcs and more options to play as a gaijin samurai.

I just want more games in this style period. What other settings would work for this? Cowboys and the old west come to mind, that would be pretty ballin.

Four had the worst map, story and characters. The lack of defense on swords or hp upgrades was shitty too. Also the stamina system that forces you to reverse blade bosses to empty their stamina is annoying as fuck.

The style system though is such a godsend that it's hard to go back to the other games after it. Also best waif

I only played 2 and 4.
Why and how 3 is better/worse than those?
I was looking to play it, but after 100 hours of 30 fps in WOTS4, I don't think I'm up for similar experience.

I don't remember if you could Samurai Champloo in WOTS 3. If so, I agree with you.

Is that easy mode?

No, it's my style.

I mastered every Ge-dan style and made my own style with the best moves of each style. Every pose has a move that brings your defense up by a fuckton.

Better story than 4 my MILES
More in-line with 2's "Classic Samurai Flick" storytelling, but with a makeshift knock-off Nobunaga stand in as the final boss

Introduces Blunt attacks which actually change the outcome of the story

You know the techniques for the sword when you pick it up instead of scrounging for scrolls time wasting

Dual Wield from get-go

Collection of better faces

qt princess waifu

And overall the scenarios, settings and redemption story was top-notch. WoTS 3 is the perfect successor to WoTS 2

4 is just a return to WoTS 1 style "SO WACKY LOL" crap with very little in the way of drama and cool scenario design. Also
YOU HAVE TO REPLAY THE GAME SO CERTAIN CHOICES WILL INFLUENCE THE WORLD SO YOU CAN GET DIFFERENT ENDINGS
THIS IS GARBAGE in 4. 4 sucks.

I used to feel bad they didn't continue Wots but after 4 I realized they don't deserve to continue it. It looks shinier and prettier but the writing, scenario design and time wasting is trash. Also the laughs are weak. 4 is a pathetic pretender for what WoTS really is as defined by 2&3

Let me explain for the retarded:

One story ending involves being bilingual or something, so you want to learn Anglish.
Anglish school isn't set up, though. You first have to play the game setting up the Anglish school, then beat the game, then restart the game again and MAGICAL POW the school for some reason exists now.

okay

So now you can learn Engrish, but wait! There's more!
You can't learn Engrish school and have a medical place at the same time, or something like that, so you have to replay the game again, set up med place instead, and MAGICAL POW it exists on the next playthrough for no reason.

Also learning scrolls is not as fun as back in the earlier games. I want to dual weild. Why do I need to learn this? Let me do it already and learn it as I go.
It blows.

the PC port of 3 wasn't the definitive edition, so I consider it a botched port.

Elaborate? I'm pretty sure it also needs you to at least finish story a bunch of times to unlock it in the point shop. It was huge paint in 4.

3 was terrible. it took itself way, way, way too seriously. 2 is easily my favourite, but 4 is also the perfect mix of super cereal nothin personnel kid and fucking retarded silliness (Megamelons)

What? No, you just need to equip two swords at the same time. Point shop was just for cosmetic stuff like bodies and heads and other stuff you'd unlock.

Blunt attack was best part, though. Not even that needed to be unlocked.
EXACTLY mate. exactly

>none of this being way, way too serious
Do you even know what you're talking about or do you slap the keyboard and hope for the best?

4 because 1 and 2 arent on pc and 3 i can't bail with a loli

You can bail with a jail bait girl on 3.

wheres the penis?

I've played 3 and 4 both for at least 40 hours.
3 was objectively better than 4 in every way except being able to make your own style, which really was just time consuming crap.

The world in 4 is shit, the story in 4 is shit, the timeline feature in 4 is shit, the characters in 4 are shit, and there's no one-hit-kill mode in 4 (which makes it irredeemable shit)

4 has way more annoying features and less fun than 3. I dont understand how anyone can like it better, honestly. The entire first 10 hours i kept telling myself it'd get better as I learned the new mechanics but it's just not fun.

If you're getting into the series on pc, buy 3 and just ignore 4. Anyone that says it's better has shit taste and possible brain damage.

3>1>4>2

WOTS 2 had best story, atmosphere and characters. It can't be beaten by anything, since it actually taught player samurai morale.

First game was wacky, and not too serious, 3 and 4 expanded on features, instead of story, and eventually sucked for me.

If you didn't beat WOTS 2 on all endings, you haven't lived. Its the most important title in the series.

life is suffering

But 3 is on PC now.

As the world should be. Third time's the charm, y'know the saying.

I feel like it shouldn't be the best one, on paper, and yet it's the one I felt compelled to sink the most hours into.

FRUITS GET OUT
FRUITS GET OUT
FRUITS GET OUT
FRUITS GET OUT
FRUITS GET OUT
FRUITS GET OUT
FRUITS GET OUT
FRUITS GET OUT

Goddamn give me Yakuza on PC.

nisu job

Samurai Western is still the best game in the series. Prove me wrong.
10/10 gotay best game on the ps2

Anyone have any graphics tweaks for the WoTS3 PC?
Vsync issues are annoying.