Remedy: We are about to announce a brand new game

Remedy: We are about to announce a brand new game

SAM IF THIS IS QUANTUM BREAK 2 I SWEAR TO GOD!

So heres the question: They make one game that does poor on release but goes on to gain a cult following and another that does okay on release but gets forgotten and was not a system seller.

What does Remedy do now? Alan Wake has a HL2 episode 2 tier ending that needs finishing, but will probably not be a huge earner but will cost far less than an actor filled game with a tv series tied in as well.
Quantum break cost far more but was more successful at launch even though its not fondly remembered as anything but a 'oh yeah i forgot about that one' style game.

So new IP? or enough actor contracts they gamble on a giant loss with QB2 that tanks them?

What do you expect my negroes?

Other urls found in this thread:

remedygames.com/smilegate-remedy-entertainment-announce-partnership/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's going to suck shit because every Remedy game past MP1 sucked shit. My guess is Remedy got lucky with Payne 1.

[soiler]Death Rally 2[/spoiler]

I'll tell you why MP1 was a hit: no budget and experimentation.

Don't have the money for cutscenes? take photos of your landlord and grandma and make them into comics with a filter.
Can't make the game less floaty? let the player slow down gameplay for combat ease

Just like Silent HIlls "fuck the PS1 cant handle this, just pull the draw distance in and we will say its fog" great games a result of the constraints behind the development. A game thats easy to make is a game that didnt push the dev to think about creative work arounds.

Same with almost every great horror film of the 70's and 80's, you work with what you have and make it work somehow, this leads to experimentation which leads to creativity and an original voice in the work.

Dubs confirm.

This fucking dev worship because a studio managed to shit out one good game needs to stop.

>>>/back/

it's shit
get out bill gates

also this

dev worship in general needs to stop

Death Rally 2 featuring Dante from Devil May Cry series, just like the first one had Duke.

Expect another TPS

I'm still fucking amazed that they didn't learn this lesson with Halo 2 for Vista. No one likes platform exclusivity on PC.

Doesn't mean they won't eat it up, and microcock's last priority is pleasing the user

Tell that to the Ur-Cucks using Origin and U play right now.

What bugs me in that in spite of all of this Windows 10 seems to actually be really popular, if the steam hardware/software surveys are anything to go by.

I remember a recent article where they said they were going to be working on a multiplayer game, so I guess that's what this will be. Does Remedy even own the IPs for Alan Wake and Quantum Break or does Microsoft?

there's no competition, gnu/linux is better but has no games so nobody uses it and no games come out for it, macosx is appleshit and also nogames, BSDs literally have no games while not advertising themselves because they all have the 'tism and they say they just want to make good operating systems but what is an operating system that nobody uses?

Just stay with Win 7 then.
I really wish Linux would get some decent vidya support so I would actually have a reason to switch to that, I once tried it and the ricing was really nice and it seemed to be decently lightweight too, it's just that I don't really use my PC for anything that isn't vidya or PSpice.

Remedy is overrated meme devs.
Max Payne 1 and 2 for some people, but not for me, are the only good games they've ever made. Other games are boring cinematic experience with primitive gameplay.
Also Max Payne 3 is the best game in the series and it's made by Rockstar Games, not Remedy.

They already released a statement about how they will be focusing on multiplayer games for the time being. Too lazy to look it up. They're fucked.

I agree partly. I thinnk the gunplay in Max Payne 3 is the best in the series, if not the best TPS gameplay I know.
The setting and atmosphere in the first is the best though.

>>>/cuckchan/

Tell that to Beth fans

I personally think 1 was the best but I did enjoy 3 more than 2 in spite of the obnoxious cutscenes and abundance of scripted/linear sequences. 2 just felt like a watered down version of 1 with some really broken bullet time.

Sam Lake, dearest of all my friends.

Make the scifi horror thing. I think it would be awesome to make a new IP about science experiment gone wrong. Maybe humans catch a virus that turn them into running on all
4 legs flesh monster dogs. or not.

I finsihed MP2 in one sitting on the first setting and had a wponderful time. Sent remedy an email congratsing them.

remedygames.com/smilegate-remedy-entertainment-announce-partnership/

I dont think they have the personnell to make 2 games at the same time?

It was so shit I uninstalled after three hours

They have been hiring for a second team for that one.

Remedy made a big mistake making any deals with Microsoft. What did they expect, that they wouldn't get royally jewed?

People who say there is "exaggerated dev worship of Remedy" are wrong.
They've made two good games and one really good one, they deserve the expectation that they can still reach that height again.

How can anyone take you seriously when you say something like this?

Was QB shit though?
Afaik gameplay, story and graphics are fine and it has the unique tv show aspect. Only real problem is how short it is for its price.

Spoiler
It's going to be shit

They die.

yeah, because EVERYONE says yes to the survey.

Sounds like a serious turn-off for me. Having fun playing the game? Time to stop having fun, watch this 20 minute long cutscene TV show episode instead.

3 has some of the best single gunfights in the series but is inferior almost everywhere else. It's a real shame because it could have been an all-time classic rather than a game that is occasionally great, often just good and sometimes fucking terrible. I can't hate them too much for changing the setting though, I think an entire game in noir style would just have been an inferior rehash of 1.

So like 2?

You people actually believe this happens?

Iirc only 5% of users decline the survey, so yes, they are something to go by.

Essentially yes. 2 but with unskippable cutscenes.

P4yne?

Checked

Last two years have been fucking horrible, especially [CURRENT YEAR] + 1. The only two good things to happen have been the real life equavilent of Pepe The Frog becoming 'murrican president and Metallica releasing an album that almost sounds like Black (which is still kinda depressing).

This better be the third good thing… besides a fucking a meteor ending it all in a high note. Which is too cool happen.

The meteor barely missed us last week fam.

I guess I'll have the unpopular opinion in this thread and say that I thought the story and atmosphere in MP2 was the best and better than MP1 or 3, however the gameplay was better balanced and more open in 1 and MP2 was too short, I think MP2 was half as long and was more scripted in a lot of places, plus bullet time could be exploited a lot… Not sure how I feel about MP3, it has some great moments and I think the core mechanics are some of the best TPS gameplay in any game, that's probably why I played it through 5 times on highest difficulty because shooting is so much fun, but it was very railroad-y and too much cover based shooting in it, atmosphere and storyline weren't as good but I do appreciate the change of setting and there were some very memorable scenes like the slums during the evening and the penultimate chapter in the evening, losing the graphic novel style was a big mistake though.

Funny story, a few years ago I was on the Remedy forums and there was like a meme thread of Max Payne so I posted an image of Max Payne with the words "How could a lady called 'Horn' be so damn ugly' written on it, apparently Sam Lake saw it and took it down because the actress who played her in the first game was Sam's mother.

They're multiplayer only now, haven't you heard?

>MP3
Sure smells like Reddit in here

provide a counter argument then faggot, fyi, I like MP2 more than 3.

MP1 = MP3 > MP2 > Pretty much every other TPS.
MP2 is not 'one crazy night of revenge' enough for me compared to the first, and it was also easier than the others. I feel like it pushed too heavily on its mood, too.

-Its a more polished MP1 with better characters, pace and gameplay than 3
-Mike being able to die and be replaced
-Being able to kill friendlies
-Dream sequences
-Extremely impressive physics engine for the time that makes shit fly everywhere during gunfights, something that only F.E.A.R reproduced well
-Atmosphere
MP2 isnt a great sequel to 1 and I can understand the dissapointment, but its a much better game than 3 by far.
3 should have been a completely new IP.

I agree

fuck you mp2 was pretty good

I assume they assigned the same staff that worked on that mobile title literally nobody gave a shit about.

Thankfully, there are no actual Bethesda fans here on Holla Forums (yet).

there are a lot of Morrowind fans though

not shit, just mostly mediocre. the different paths you can take are interesting, but ultimately lead to almost the same outcome. i didnt even finish my second playthrough.
story snippets here and there try to flesh the world out a bit, if youre into that. the writing is not really bad, but it gets a bit confusing at some point as far as i remember - leaving you with the unsatisfactory feeling that there were plotholes.
gunplay is okay, although most guns feel very samey. its a TPS, but doesnt deliver enough in that regard, even if you take all the powers into account.
cutscenes are well enough produced with some actionscenes. i dont get people saying that it looks too cheap to them. i bet it was already expensive as fuck. eyecandywhores are subhuman.

tl;dr
while i cant say it was a bad game i didnt feel satisfied. it lacks too much to stand out with its features

I hope they'd make a good game.

Dafuq you on about nig. I can't walk 2 feet without tripping over a shitty cutscene in that game. Enemy movements are based on cover-shooting for gamepad console shitters.

That's because Beth fans are a lot more critical about their games. They never hailed any of the games as perfect and recognize every flaw, but enjoy them anyway since there's absolutely no substitute for Bethesda games.

CIA was literally the best part about it. The gunplay was good, the powers made it a lot more interesting and there were some good boss fights or fights where you had to think your way through. but there wasn't enough of those moments to be worthwhile. It was like Max Payne 2. Far too short, over too soon and way too many irritating parts overshadowing the good parts.

It was average, really. It wasn't good, but it wasn't as awful as people claim.

Remedy can still make a good game and apparently QB came in well under budget despite being in development for five years and having the TV show aspect (They shot really efficiently around the actors schedules doing Game Of Thrones and X-Men, it came in really low budget, Remedy did the TV Show CGI in house and Finland gave them a shitload of tax breaks for shooting there). Apparently they were already on a "Small for AAA" budget as well. So they didn't have to sell much of it to actually break even.

Hopefully they return to form after this.

wait, as in that low quality f2p FPS Crossfire? that's getting a sequel AND a story mode for that sequel? What?

I just want a new Max Payne. Those games have a really special place in my heart. I still go back to the first one at least once a year.

If you can stomache a clone try playing El Matador.

It's more about the whole package for me, especially with the original. Not just the shooting.

If you toss off the series bullshit and add an horde mode, quantum break can get pretty fun, also time manipulation is my fetish.

Reminder that if you don't use Steam for a month or so the next time you launch it there's a "bug" (I'm guessing intended killswitch) that prevents you from opening it offline. If you were to stop paying your ISP and not use Steam for a month your Steam singleplayer games would be gone until you have internet again. Steam was a mistake. Origin and Uplay are shit BECAUSE Steam is shit and they are its copycats.

Mirrors are more fun than television.

I was making a statement.

Goys argueing how they are better than other Goys, oh lawdy lawd.

Steam is the one platform that most anons admit to using despite it being cancerous, so I felt the need to bash it to put it back into its place.

MP3 would be the best game in the series if you could skip cutscenes.

Literally the only thing that keeps me from replaying it.

kill yourself

IT'S A RECRUITMENT VIDEO

Fucking Christ

Microsoft asked them if they wanted to do AW2 after Quantum Break came out and they didn't want to do it yet. Does sound they are working with MS again on the second title with an additional "Multiplayer" focus though. And even with QB being a dud it didn't cost them much to make and Microsoft could wipe their ass with that money. (CIA doesn't cost that much to hire, even. Dude does a lot of small projects like short films in his home country of Ireland for a small amount because he loves film and part of the reason he took the QB role because one of his favorite games was Max Payne).

I'll make a stupid but plausable prediction. The next title will likely be still with MIcrosoft. Has a Strong multiplayer element but wanting to keep Remedy's 3rd person Single player and storytelling?

I bet Microsoft will give them Perfect Dark instead of them doing a new IP and they will work off that instead.

Just wait and see if you ever don't use Steam for well over a month. I don't know the exact time it takes for the killswitch to activate, but I estimate over a month and not more than several. I used to use Steam rarely, once or twice a year. Didn't have much on it. When you start it after a long break it gives you an error message with no option to switch to offline mode. Quickest fix is to delete some dll file, and start it again at which point it retrieves a new copy of the file and works again. This happened CONSISTENTLY. After long breaks it never didn't happen. And it never once happened without a long break. It has to be intentional.

It is effectively an offline killswitch under the condition that you were in online mode before. I never tried using offline mode before a long break like that (never really planned ahead like that) so I don't know if it still happens if you're already in offline mode. It's possible that it still happens, I don't know.