Cancerous indie games

Is Suits the ultimate cringeworthy indie game on steam? Even Undertale was far more subtle with it's earthbound references than this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamejolt.com/games/super-space-funeral-4-deluxe-blood-red-version-bubsy/105850#close
twitter.com/AnonBabble

webm or go

yes.

I saw the title of the game and I immediately thought of those fake book covers where business men make it big in fantasy settings.
I hate being disappointed.

For the last fucking time: it's RPG Maker. RPG, space, Maker. Capital M.

Besides, it looks more like a complete rip-off of OFF heh based on . Faggot didn't even bother to change that ugly default font.

Also, despite the fact you don't like it, you're still giving it publicity. I haven't even heard about the game until this very thread. So, you either get a big hard-on from talking about obscure shit you don't like, or perhaps there's something else motivating you? Maybe a hotpocket?

I ain't clicking that shit.

And we made fun of watch dogs 2…

Fucking might as well just make it a rule at this point that OP videos must be a WebM/mp4.

There are trailers. I understand posting a review is technically mindful but having a guy on the thumbnail means nobody's going to fucking watch it, embed or no. Also dear god that soundtrack, my souls hurts from listening to it.

Also the only youtube video I could find that had an example of the soundtrack used a shitty filter that sucked up more megabytes than a pc master race's memory setup.

rofl

Why is that?

Because it's bad?

Why do retards censor shit like that. Grow some balls and drop the whole "motherfucker" instead of cutting it near the end, it's like a child who wants to swear but instead says fudge.

Man these are a special kind of retarded folk huh?

I wish they would leave OFF alone. It's bad enough there are a bunch of shitty fan games to 'FIX' it,we don't need autists chimping its style to try and make money off of the appeal.

He probably meant DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR

Quite a while back, I played the mother series. I thought it was quaint seeing how someone from another country would visualize us, and liked that the series didn't drag on into sequel after sequel. After a near decade If I hear the phrase "earthbound inspired" again for a product this year month week I'm going to have to up my alcohol budget.

"Earthbound inspired" is a code word for "shitty RPGmaker game that doesn't have a coherent style or narrative"

whats the sauce for your pic? i know what it is but i cant remember the name

camp sherwood

Camp Sherwood? I can't remember if that's right

thank

Which is retarded since EB actually had a sense of coherence to it, but apparently everyone thinks Magicant is the entirety of the game instead of a one-off area

Wait
You can't be serious
Please don't prove it

HELLO DUMB NEWFAG
DID YOU KNOW THAT GIVING VIEWS TO PEOPLE YOU DON'T LIKE IS A BAD IDEA?
IF YOU'RE LOW IQ AND LOW ENERGY PLEASE DON'T POST HERE TRYING TO PRETEND YOU'RE CONTRIBUTING

but it had random enemies like hippies!!! XDDD

>>>/rule34/24941

The dev thought that was funny ?

the art genuinely looks like it was done by a child.

well, they are manchildren after all.

Jesus fucking christ. I thought this was just a mediocre OFF clone, but this is legitimately making me angry

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Oh yes atleast two big ones. One where you play Pablo\The Judge and others cats (Even saving Valerie from Japhet somehow), and also one where you play Zacherie doing some kind of AFTER THE END if I remember right.
Thankfully I do not remember any of their names, but they exist and that alone pisses me off.

Sounds good

You get to fight Bazinga Man?

What's wrong with it?
Why?

every fucking time.

wew a Jurassic Park reference.

t. Rich kid living in San Francisco and wearing name brand clothing.

Exactly, every fucking time.
"Hmmm, those darn elites"
"Uh! It's like, why do we even need money?"
"Like, seriously. I will never be a faceless office drone, can you imagine?"

My sister (A "make up artist") is the same. My brother who labels his job as "Black activist" does the same.

It's a indie dev that hates capitalism. But he is a capitalists himself

Yep. As a turtle monster.

Punch your siblings in their cunts

Why do so many new games try to be the new Earthbound in a way that feels forced? Why did games like Undertale succeed while others fell into obscurity?

It's worse. It's referencing a old Jurassic park MEME from YTMND. They still got it wrong.

Undertale never tried to play like earthbound.

this is why

This is true, the gameplay of Undertale is nothing like the mother series. However, they do honor in their sprites the proud tradition of pencil neck as pioneered by Itoi.

This is shit doesn't look lisa or trying to be
fuck off op

How the fuck is this not a Lisa clone? It just replaced rape culture with communism is cool.

I can't believe I'm sitting here reading this shit. At least it has better writing than a bioware game.

HOW FUCKING EPIC

0/10

Sorry, but games made with RPG maker default to shit status unless proven otherwise.

They're still fun to make. I don't see how anyone would expect to make money off it.

You sure showed me Holla Forums

You'd be surprised m8

what ami suppose to see here?

Where the rest of the comic?

Andrew Hussie is responsible for homostock. He worked on Tumblrtale with Toby Fucks.

he actually didn't work on undertale, he just let toby crash in his basement while he worked on it
he was too busy getting some faggot on twitter to ghost-write his story

This is legitimately angering to look at. Like, I want to smash this guy's head through his monitor for putting this obnoxious faggotry on the internet.

Why do anti-capitalists insist on plugging their ass-backwards ideology on a consumer product? I mean don't they realize that their actions seem even more ass-backwards than their commie fantasies when they're basically preaching against a system they profit from?

You assume these stupid fucks operate on the same logic as everyone else

That SJW faggot said that Yume Nikki was the apex of video game writing because of some half-baked rape theory made up by faggots on Tumblr.

He praised lisa for tackling rape cutlural.

Actually, I think it goes farther than that. After Yume Nikki, every single pretentious faggot on every RPG Maker community in the 2000s wanted to make a "so weird and random xDDDD" RPG on that engine. Very few fangames were actually good, and they were made by Japs anyways. Aside from OFF, Space Funeral, and LISA, any game that tried this usually was a pile of shit. And Jap RPG Maker games weren't really good either, most of them are just boring with some intrigue behind how it was made (see embed), or just another Yume Nikki fangame.

LISA and Undertale being released didn't help this shit, with Undertale's very cancerous fanbase, everyone wanted their stab at making a "lolsorandom xDDD" RPG. At least those guys back then were releasing their shit for free on old forums, but now, like flash games on Newgrounds, are popping up on Steam with a fucking price tag.

Also, old obscure RPG Maker games make a pretty neat time capsule of the internet at the time.

I can't really call it cancerous, but it's pretty bad.

you know this guy is a tolerable kind of fella for having this type of content

How mad would you be if I told you you can play the entire game for free on Newgrounds?

Newgrounds has RPG Maker games? Has the engine actually added in web compatibility?

I got it in a bundle I bought for something else, anyway, so I don't really care. I'm mostly mad that people think it's a good game. It's trash.

I meant the game he posted there. Rot Gut. It's a flash game.
But on a related note, yes, they did add web compatibility to RPG Maker.

I can summarize your point in much fewer words.

It's worse. It's trying to ape OFF's art style while also not even bothering to alter the presets that LISA had.

His father's death surely broke his mind.

As for other indie cancer, the usual suspect tumblrtale.

I don't know why maybe because I have literally nothing else to do right now, but you inadvertently inspired me to subject myself to that autism.

May God have mercy on my soul

Playing degeneratetale? I mentioned it because I steer clearfrom indie shit more often than not. Now there's only The Binding of Isaac that's relatively free of cancer and is actually challenging enough.

Don't torture yourself, user.

Save for the creator having a tantrum that his arg or whatever was spoiled, I definitely agree with you there

Also, too late

Two minutes in. Two FUCKING MINUTES in and I already want to kill myself. I need to finish this though, in for a penny and all that

Niggas still gotta eat.

Ah, then ganbare, user-kun. May you find some actual fun if you finish it with your sanity intact.

Thank you, user. 'm already finding catharsis in going against the Matpat "Undertale is a game of peace" narrative by wholesale slaughtering everything

I don't think that covers how odd it is for someone, who relies on consumers to purchase their goods, ranting and raving against the very economic system which permits them to spend their time developing a game and not tending a field or in locked up in a factory.

is this the genesis general?

Liberal memes everybody

This is about as subtle as brick thrown in my face

Why am i automatically assuming you picked that to reference Uncommon Time Mr.McDubs?

Undertale succeeded because it did something a bit different with the combat system and it has implied lore + sexualized furry characters.

I rather make a game inspired by the old Phantasy Star Master System and Genesis games.

That's probably the reason.

Anyways, this thread is shit. Since Undertale threads have Genesis, what should this thread have? I vote Yes.

Undertale did a shit load of things right. Probably the smartest move Toby made was not using RPGMaker (fuck your autism), that allowed the game to do all sorts of shit that you wouldn't have been about to do with RPGMaker and allowed the game to constantly break people's expectation about the shit it was going to pull.

Its rare to find a game that benefits from the use of existing memes. The binding of Isaac is really the only game I can think of that uses memes and is better for it. I think its because Edmund made full use of the memes, rather then just have a single room with a meme or a line of text that has a meme in it where its sort of like the author is saying "hey, look at this meme, isn't it a good meme, people like memes right?"
In the BoI its like "remember this meme? Well if you don't you are soon to know it because its a good/bad/nitch item". Its like the memes are a vehicle for the abilities of the items. Like shoop da whoop, you could have an item that let you shoot a directional lazer; and in fact there are other items that do similar things, and the item would sill be able to exist without the meme, the meme is used to make it easier to understand what the item is going to do.

Were it not for the law of the land I would have you killed

There is no such thing as bad advertisement.

is he a nigger or does he just like nigger dicks? Either way you should kill them and take your place as the rightful heir of the family name.

>>>/mtt/

Nah BoI's use of memes was to its detriment, especially since it wasn't necessary since it already had religion and the occult to draw from.

Unteralterbach is the only game I can think of where the use of meme references felt somewhat appropriate (and even then it could have dropped some of that shit for the better), since the game which already rooted in imageboard culture and a lot of it was rooted in the game's themes of pedophilia and political incorrectness.

He's white but he has a SJW pajeet girlfriend.
I'm highly considering it after what happened today (turns out my other sister who is a bar maid is fucking her 36 year old arab boss, she's 18 and he owns the bar.)

SJWs man.

capitalism with no morals can be evil

….That's either great b8 or you may be mentally handicapped.

On /rule34/.
Timmantha gets raped.

great argument there you drooling imbecile!

Go back to reddit. Also if its the lack of morals that is the problem then its not capitalism itself that is evil.

This. There needs to be Christianity there to ensure traditional values are maintained.

exactly. also where did I say capitalism is evil?

I legitimately think the music is fucking great. It's got a great droning brass feel that, combined with the art style, weighs the game down with a ton of atmosphere.

If you're referring to the DINOSAUR DINOSAUR thing it's apparently because the devs thought they'd get in legal trouble because the original song apparently sounded too close to the Jurassic Park theme, so he had the music guy alter it.

DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR DINOSAUR

I wasn't talking about your meme shit, I was talking about the rest of the soundtrack.

Soros pays, man.

How are you this retarded?

"A man who goes swimming can be wet"

great reading comprehension

How are you not getting what you wrote was pants on head retarded?

Not that user, but this is bordering on semantics more than anything else. I'm even sure what you're trying to get at with the greentext.

all I meant with what I said was that capitalism need morals, rules etc. otherwise it really can get evil. Then the next idiot claimed I said capitalism in itself is evil. read the whole conversation next time before you out yourself as an utter idiot.

Yeah nah kill yourself my man

Stop playing trash games and stop using Steam. You bring this on yourselves. There's decades worth of great games you could be playing.

I was prepared for trouble, but not for this….

Not going to bother to reply to everyone in the line of discussion but economic systems and morality
These are the theories not the practices, in all practices they are crap

Lords owned the land and peasants worked the land. Lords were expected to behave moral/chivalrously to defend the peasants by forming armies.
In turn peasants were expect to pay tribute to the lord for their actions.

Buy low sell high fuck everyone over with greed.

Fuck the tradesmen over but also improve the overall quality of life by allowing for luxury good and higher quality good to be created at a faster rate at a lower price
Eventually fell apart because of stocks (financial capitalism) being high stakes gambling

Like industrial capitalism but works have the ability to organize

fuck can't finish this becuasxe i have to go

Literaly gambling on peoplees livelyhoods. Was outlawed which allowed for the creation og golden age capitalism but was lader legalized by ragen. its the current mode of capilaism and the main issue is that there is a cultual of sociopathy within the capitalist class. This is why most people say calislism is immoral its just the most recent form has a massive amount of soicopathy within the culture of it.

Still retarded

What an unbias and totally realistic assessment of capitalism.

Yep, you still are

I never played BoI until last year, so from my point of view the abundancy of memes that are now well run into the ground feels like a game brimming with cancer

This has no right to exist

Undertale had good music. That's probably the vast majority of it. Without the decent soundtrack, it probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere.

There was a faux dnd-like metroidvania game that was literally "how do you do fellow dudes: the game". I can't really remember the name of it but I remember it being literal ass to playwith all the interesting bits not being well made.

Unepic?

Yes.
I have the suspicion they also made or are somewhat related to Ghost 1.0, which from what I've played seems like a much better game.

Do you still have the longer version where they go outside?

Well, yeah. Its the same guy.

He seems to have stepped up with his humor and gameplay then. Good for him.

This might honestly be worse than some of those circlejerk SJWs non-games.

this is the epitome of "trying too hard to be funny"
this is just embarrassing.

Why are so many games "earthbound" style now? Are we fully off CoDshit and onto a new world of Retroshit (although this has been the mainstream hipster culture for years, I think the pixelshit/indieshit style might even make it to the dudebro normalfag's console soon)

You tell me, webm #2.

And let me guess, when this flops harder than Revolution 60, he's going to blame capitalism.

Its been out for almost a year. Steamspy says something like 40,000 people bought it

I think this vid sums it up. They watch a lot of these talks about how to be cancer and look like you're making something good without actually making a good game.

I got a tumor watching this. Thanks user.

This hipster makes me look like a sex machine

These faggots can't even get their juice right, why should they be putting up a presentation on it and getting applauded for giving the game epileptic seizures every time the player hits something?

Don't worry mate, remember the dot com crash?

wew lad, we're due for another don't you think?

Because the people who enjoyed Earthbound wanted to make clones of it, and the people who enjoyed Earthbound are hipster fags, greedy people, etc.

It should crash but it's an addictive substance. People are seriously obsessed with handing over insane amounts of cash for games. It's really quite extraordinary. I ask my friends who spend most of their free time working part time outside of study where all their money goes and basically they waste it on fucking indie games and shit. Which I would never have been able to believe if I didn't see it. Maybe that's just a normalfag thing though. I've been contemplating for days whether or not to get rollercoaster world and I probably won't even though I know I will really like it. Keeping the money is just better. It's bad enough that I would even put forward the idea that game companies have a moral duty to not just snatch people's fucking money but obviously there's no chance of that happening.

rollercoaster world = planet coaster

I don't memory good

That second webm.. What have you done!?

le so randum xD

Strange of you to say this, as I first saw this type of picture posted by Holla Forums.

Earthbound isn't even the best in the series. Mother 1 and 3 had a lot more of an interesting story in my opinion. Also hell of a lot darker and more emotional at that.

Do you not get what a meme is?

pol isn't capitalist

Actually played (and finished) suits.

But, the worst offense this game has, is not that is made in RPGMaker. The worst offense is that IT'S VERY POORLY MADE.

Subtle shill is not even fucking subtle.

Your numbers demand that all your family shall get the axe. Only you can carry out with your name.

I've never used it myself but, I thought their tools did all of that for you?

In RPG Maker you can decide if a tile/object will have collision properties

I see, so it was developer incompetence then.

Hipster game, m9. That should've been a given.

It's even worse than that.

and everyone has morals if they were born and raised, so point is moot motherfucker. You'd have to literally collapse society and kill all but a few people without morals to restart the earth on that one.

That's not true though. Niggers and mudslimes have no morals because they're raised by beasts with no morals. Morality is a purely white invention

no, you saw this picture posted on pol

And they don't practice capitalism because other systems are easier to exploit when you have no morals. ie communism, which was made for that purpose.

So yeah point is still moot.

also for fuck's sake anything can be turned to evil if you have no morals, retard. It's about how much it can be turned, and capitalism is a system that patches up those holes.

Cut your losses man. Call each of them one after another and outline exactly why each and every one of them is a worthless waste of flesh that you're ashamed of ever having had any association with and then cut all contact.

i think it looks more like Holla Forums

Is this that guy from the "Pioneer" tier in the whole games iceberg chart?

rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker
rpg gamemaker

I actually saw a potential in this. First part of the factory with Meat Men was pretty well done.

Too bad nothing really went anywhere and the whole plot was suffocated by constant memes and neglect.
At least you can deport a mexican.

Just how flexible is RPG Maker if one wanted to make a game that was, say, completely batshit insane? Like "use an item as a teammate or vice versa" or "this monster's weakness is anything with the letter K" or shit like that?

this is very easy to do in even game maker, you just tell any K weapon to be super effective on the monster, once you have programmed it once you can copy paste the script for every K weapon.

You can also make a script from the monster's and make him weak to K weapons that way.

You could even give all K weapons their own category and make the monster weak to that category.

You can link an event to an item like say a "magic lamp"
Use the magic lamp, it "summons" (aka Add Party Member) a genie that adds to your party.
You'll have to make a party member for each item you want to "become" a party member, and if you want items to have two functions, instead of giving the item the straight effect you can attach it to a Common Event and slap that on it, give the item a selection menu through it which would say shit like "you want party guy or item use"
As for vice versa you could attach a common event to a skill or item and give that item a State (aka status effect), then set the common event to trigger if *Blank* has a state active, then remove the party member and add an item.
As for "This monster's weakness is anything with K" it's already handled with the element weakness system. However, I found that element priority does something a bit odd, it prioritizes weakness.
So say you have a weapon that has Fire and Ice on it, and one enemy is nulls ice but has neutral affinity for fire, it will do damage according to the fire element aka normal damage.
not sure if it's all too REALLY limiting, but there's the rules around it.

vid unrelated.

Could one of those tricks also be applied to a character with the letter in their name? Maybe a character whose name you choose even?

Closes a rpg maker game came to a interesting combat system was Lisa.

It still hurts.

There probably is a way, but I don't see any reason to do that in any scenario, ever. Far too inconvienient.

I mean, I specified "batshit insane", and "no reason to do that in any scenario" and "far too inconvenient" both seem to fit into that category.

Yes, his videos are pretty good.

It's really weird to see an old friend get talked about on an imageboard. It's not even the first time I've seen him posted.

He blocked me on everything because he thought I was too negative about video games because I went to imageboards.

That guy sounds like a massive fucking faggot. Like, seriously, the worst sort too.
The content doesn't really seem to offend me as much as that fucking voice. It's so low quality. I just don't know what to say. It makes me think of some of the lower-end youtube animations. They think they're funny, but they're just a cringefest. You just spend the entire time suffering from second-hand embarrassment. It's horrible.

That's not so terrible until the midsection, I think. As far as soundtracks go, that's a low midrange.
It grates on you, but you don't really pay that much attention to it.

Maybe it's more because these types of games have really good soundtracks that there's an issue.

That was a lot, and while they were nice, and fun to build, I am now very sad on account of the loss of 50 bucks that could've payed for a quarter of a tokarev.
On the other hand…
At least I'm not him.

I don't care for the game much, but now I like NitroRad because of all the obscure reviews.

Disown them man.

This looks… well, interesting

gamejolt.com/games/super-space-funeral-4-deluxe-blood-red-version-bubsy/105850#close

Undertale was good, though.

I get a shitsouprae-ish gooncore vibe from him.

>>>/oven/

Undertale is fucking garbage. It's universally agreed upon at this point. Go back to tumblr if you want to jerk off to your fish waifu with the rest of your kind

And I didn't even played it

Even Unity engine 2D games probably run better.

I wish someone would take that next step and make a proper turn based RPG in Unity. RPGMaker can do basic shit, but it can't do 3D graphics.

Well they can't run any worse than the 3D ones.

Damn, I didn't know people where that shameless. Nor did I know the RPGmaker engine could run video clips. I would love to play these trash rpg maker games if I knew where to find them. Also if they weren't so slow.

This trolling isn't funny.

You're retarded.

Really?

It's materialistic. Things without God will sin.
It is not inherently evil; it is a concept, a thing.

What is BoI about anyway?

Abusive mother who wants to sacrifice because god told her to or something. Hence the name.

If you weren't a completely degenerate fedora-tipping atheist you'd know the story.

Was that a joke? If so, it wasn't funny at all.

Maybe if you were back on reddit you'd be able to rely on how many upvotes or downvotes my post got to tell you if you were supposed to find it funny or not.

No. That is the plot of the game. It's (incredibly loosely) based on a story from the bible by the same name.

Holla Forums BTFO

And I really liked LISA. What the fuck.

Welllllllll is he wrong? I mean…whites seem to be literally the worst race.

That actually bothers me

God dammit it Austin.
I liked you.

FUCK YOU CARLOS

i guess lisa is tumblrtale 2.0 now :^)

I'm pretty upset with dingalings decent into madness, I sorta thought he was red pilled because he made a offhand comment about the rothchilds.

Does anyone know why creative types end up being tumblrites? This kind of shit has been bothering me since legend of korra's ending

A creative mindset tends to correspond with an unfortunate cocktail of other issues. Depression being a big one. SocJus ideology preys on the weak of mind and offers psychological validation in the form of being able to claim you are a "good person" by hating the right things, which often includes yourself.

That said, the sort of mindset that a SocJus ideology fosters is not conductive to creativity. You need to be able to laugh, be offensive, and explore topics that make people uncomfortable as needed, none of which mesh well with SocJus. I'd argue that the mentality isn't any more prevalent among creative types than any other, just that those who have said mindset tend to be annoyingly vocal about it.

Unfortunately it seems as though the way socjus has attracted attached itself to art (Or artists) has seemed created a trend where exploring characters and themes in an interesting way everything is a back patting circlejerk and things are rarely creative or interesting.

Holy shit, this shit is like the finest ambrosia when compared to most smutty fanfic or legitimate mlodrama

You need to go back.

If I ever finish learning code well enough to make a game, I'm going to make it full of inside jokes that are all from books from the 1990's and before. Even if there would not be a single living soul on this planet who got them, at least it would be a better game than this.