GOTY 2016

So here are your 2016 GOTY nominees. Is this the best we can come up this year, especially with the Deathwing beta being a buggy mess? I have a feeling Titanfall 2 might win because EA might try the same trick that they used for Cisquisition again.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/4YWih
youtube.com/watch?v=pmj96Rm0oiE
steamdb.info/app/379720/graphs/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991345488/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Top pleb. Go watch game of thrones.

Not my picks. These were the nominees for the annual Game Awards run by Dorito Pope. Anyway, here's the full list of other categories. Pls vote for AM2R and Pokemon Uranium for best fan creation to piss off Nintendo. archive.is/4YWih

FORZA
HORIZON

Titanfall 2 is out?
I seriously never notice non-steam pc game releases.

Have you considered our lord and saviour, kys?

golly gee who would have ever been able to forsee this completely unexpected event?

Beta 1 month before release should already be working fine.

>they're still pushing for e-sports

Considering games always get worse after their beta, it's fair to assume Deathwing is going to be shit.

I think we need a new year. These are all fucking awful.

But the beta is starting on the 20th?

I'll post more notable categories:

Games for Impact Award (Best SJW game):
1979 Revolution (iNK Stories)
Block’Hood (Plethora Project/Devolver Digital)
Orwell (Osmotic Studios/Surprise Attack)
Sea Hero Quest (Glitchers)
That Dragon, Cancer (Numinous Games)

Best Narrative:
Firewatch (Campo Santo)
Inside (Playdead)
Mafia 3 (Hangar 13/2K Games)
Oxenfree (Night School Studio)
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (Naughty Dog/Sony)

Best Studio/Game Direction
Blizzard (Overwatch)
DICE (Battlefield 1)
id Software (Doom)
Naughty Dog (Uncharted 4)
Respawn (Titanfall 2)

Best Studio/Game Direction:
Blizzard (Overwatch)
DICE (Battlefield 1)
id Software (Doom)
Naughty Dog (Uncharted 4)
Respawn (Titanfall 2)

Trending Gamer:
AngryJoeShow
Boogie2988
Danny O’Dwyer
JackSpeticeye
Lirik

Best Fan Creation:
Project A2MR
Pokemon Uranium
Brutal Doom 64
Endereal: The Shards of Order

Most Anticipated Game (No Nioh or South Park 2):
God of War (SIE Santa Monica Studio/Sony)
Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games/Sony)
Mass Effect: Andromeda (BioWare/EAs)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)

My goty is Doom and Persona 5.

Inside was meh, its typical games are art hur da dur.

Titanfall2 is fun if you liked titanfall1

Overwatch is meh

I am going trough Dishonored 2 and it kinda fucked me up with its random nigger sailor lady because stronk womyn.

Take that shit to cuckchan.

Yeah.

You really do have the worst taste around, don't you?

Don't mind the doublepost. My bad.

Oh the fucking ironing.
You plebes might want to visit ribbit/ they probably give a shit about subhuman shit like gotys.

regardless of how "intense" the fun you have with a game, the length does matter to a degree, thus sub-8 hr games are just really not worth any kind of goty award

What's the matter, people told you to kys so many times it triggers you, you pathetic chromosome hoarder?

Wolfenstein TNO would have been my GOTY if it had came out this year, although I agree with you on that part; I haven't seen many games come out that are longer than 7 hours recently

Who would ever get tired of kissing?

B-But…
I liked Doot 2016, user. It's the most fun I've had with an FPS in years. Remember fun guys?

One of the posts you're linking is literally "BUT LOOK AT THIS STORY" in defense of a fucking game where story doesn't mean shit compared to gameplay. Why even bother trying to tell him he's retarded.

sometimes fun makes me angry because it can be hard to find and its not usually where i wanted it to be.

Also the soundtrack was pretty great.

Jesus Christ really?

How about you take this shit to reddit or neogaf where ever the fuck someone actually cares about a shit yearly marketing stunt.

No Dunkey
No Robbaz

What the fuck is this bullshit. Irrate Pedro shouldn't be there neither should Fatasssuicidewatch be on their either.

you have to go back

Dishonored 2 is better than all of those, almost combined. And it Works on my Machine©

Seriously, who even wanted this?

How about not having a GOTY at all?
How about admitting that 2016 (and 2015, and 2014…) were utter shit?

If you'd read OPs next post you'd have seen he goes to all the major videogame news sites and then crossposts their shit here like the filthy slime he is.

That Dragon, Cancer (Numinous Games)

Mafia 3 (Hangar 13/2K Games)

DICE (Battlefield 1)

Danny O’Dwyer

Endereal: The Shards of Order

Mass Effect: Andromeda (BioWare/EAs)

there you go, now you don't need to waste your time watching it

That's the state of Holla Forums now. Good job, guys.

People have been trying to get rid of Mark for years.

Game of the year ether gonna Pokémon go, Overwatch or Mostly battlefields 1.

what the fuck is this neo geo GARBAGE

Titanfall 2
The game is alright. Given other shooters this year, it's a serious contender i never played overwatch though, but it seems like a dumbed down shooter to me
But Respawn is run by dumb fucks who can't manage an online comunity right. Bad matchmaking. Little to no player interaction pre-matches. No way to customise your game, you can't even choose your map. No vs AI mode for me to practice or just fuck around, wall running and shooting mooks for fun.

They said it won't have a season pass of paid DLC. But it seems that just means the game was abandoned after launch. Pitty though. EA has had little involvement with this one, it's pretty fun, but they managed to doom it regardless.

The Ratchet & Clank reboot was better than all of those.

I've played three of those (and the Overwatch Beta). Titanfall 2 and Doom are genuinely great games despite the typical Holla Forums cynicism. But don't care at all for the game awards or any mainstream award shows.

Best game was SF: Zero anyway.

That's nice.

Why

what happened to this fucking board

It got too complicated for you to process apparently. OP merely cited the games nominated by the Doritos Pope's Game Awards you fucking dolt

Shadow Warrior 2 should be there too, even though I think Doom is a better game.

You post like a fag and your shit's retarded.

CoD with "not mechs" and DooD only seem good because you either have become used to everything else being utter shit that anything less shit seems phenomenally better.

Sorry, I forgot fun was for faggots. I'll conduct my posts better next time fam.

Mark did.

Check em

This is what happens when you let shit like Overwatch stay here. Normalfag casual cancer think they're at home here

(you)

nobody said "no fun." doom is average all around. id call Titanfall 2 good, but i cant be fucked to buy EA or use Origin.

i need to get SW2, looks fun.

pic related- it's you
KYS

I'd rather take a hundred casual normalfags actually discussing videogames rather than one backseat-moderating gatekeeper who actually believes he is making a notable difference through saging and contributing nothing of value like you

I don't even like nuDoom, but I actually take my time explaining why it's boring instead of people like you who take the low-effort route of preserving board quality (and actually end up setting a worse example)

I feel like they're trying their best to make these lists as shit as possible.

Somebody edit this image to look like one punch man please.

Make a thread when it happens
Until then stop posting this garbage

I'm split between U4 and TF2. Both are great and gave me a lot of fun. U4 especially was good game. Graphics and gameplay were so superb that it gave me a hope for future AAA games. And Holla Forums never shitpost on it. TF2 is what CoD:IW should have been.

But you guys probably think that I'm either a shill or went insane.

Doom was fast, but plain and to simple. Overwatch is all about skins and boxes

And I don't know Inside. Never heard about it.

U4 is overrated tbh. I hate arena shooter.

Back to the Overwatch echo chamber faggot

It's just another fucking marketing gimmick.

Grow up, we're in Trumps America now, Stop falling for Jewish tricks.

Reported.

Everyone who voted for him fell for the biggest Jewish trick of all.

Hi CTR

What a dissapointing list.

Do you think the jews would ever let themselves be put at risk of losing control of America? Trump was their most effective meme yet. They fooled the people most aware of their influence and actually got them to vote for judaism to continue to rule the west. It's amazing, and the best part is those voters who think they've won have no idea that all they did was reaffirm jewish control over the country

Both cups were poison

Ah yes, I'm convinced now sir. Please tell us how Donald Trump will use his Jewish connections now to ruin America, if you do so please

He was our best candidate, but not the perfect one. He's just there to buy us time for a better candidate in 2024.

It'll just be more of the same. More money and weapons for Israel, more resources and people devoted to fighting Israel's enemies, the usual shit.

The only game I can even think of that I liked this year is 7th Dragon III.

EDF counts I guess

The wall still must be built and we must still become allies with Russia though.

I dont think you read anything about what trump wants to do. Anyway, take this shit to Holla Forums if you want 50 replies telling you why you are wrong. He could be a kike puppet, anyone could be but so far his actions prove otherwise.

You don't get it, do you?
You don't get why people are aggressively shitposting about games they dislike, do you?

Truth is most of the people doing that shitposting have already done that explaining you claim to be doing - explaining that's been already been done for years across imageboard, forums, and other online communication hubs, and it's all given the same result: normalfags don't listen. Normalfags are so set in their ways, so willingly ignorant that no amount of discussion will change their minds and stop them from eating up whatever the mainstream industry shits out. Theses are the same people that lash out on twitter during E3 because their twitch chats are not being hyped enough and calling out bullshots and other blatant lies from presenters - they want to stay ignorant and casual, happily guzzling the hype from industry and preordering the next piece of AAA trash.

The shitposting you see is a result of two things: the frustration born from attempting to reason with normalfags that respond like a brick wall, and the understanding of what happens when they are tolerated. Tolerating their presence not only just keeps them there but also allows them to grow in numbers, like a malignant tumor, because more normalfags feels at home. What happens then? Overwatch generals, regular D44M threads, ASSFAGGOTS generals, regular Slow Fighter V discussion, regular Skyrim discussion, more people spewing the "it's a bad x game but still a good game" excuse for shitty casualized sequels, more people admitting to falling for preorders/microtransactions/dlc, etc. The shitposters have figured it out faster than you - you cannot reason with or tolerate cancer, the only defense is kill it, and the shitposting is the chemo - an unpleasant and highly volatile solution, one that doesn't guarantee prevention of relapse, but it's all the community has got and it's better in the long run than just tolerating it, even if the immediate quality of the board appears worse on surface.

So go back to >>>/reddit/ and take your normalfag accepting discourse and shove it up your ass. Most of us are tired of that shit.

More like an instant ban. Anything less than full throated support for him is haram
I'm sure all the shit listed in is just a coincidence and he's woke af like us

this

Sony has pr people that are buddy buddy with with Geoff right? Do you think AC7 could be shown, this is just a desperate plea from someone who wants to hear any news

it came out and died immediately because ea are fucking retards for putting it too close to dindufield 1

EA wanted microtransactions and a season pass, Respawn said no. It's pretty clear EA was purposely trying to cripple it but releasing it just after BF1, probably so they can try and buy out the studio to feed to DICE later.

Vomitted a little seeing those.

Kill yourself.

Man, 2016 had far too much shit getting pozzed-up with SJW propaganda.
Good thing we're leaving all this shit behind on January 20th, 2017.

That's not bait. The day of the rope is just around the corner. Open season on all jews, spics, chinks, fags, women, cucks, and niggers. America's about to become great again

cool roleplay buddy

Yeah he's gonna bring back American manufacturing to video games bigly, no more Montreal and Poland ripping us off in trade.

What's your personal GOTY nominations?

Lmao

Because you're shitting up the board with bullshit that everyone else has explained many times, and came to the correct conclusion over a year ago. Lurk more and you'll see why Trump was/is supported by Holla Forums unironically. Or you won't, doesn't matter honestly. But everyone's gone over this shit to death and you're pissing people off with old arguments they already dealt with.

The soundtrack is fucking terrible. Doom is hard rock and heavy metal, not wubs and the same 3 power chords.

And I thought 2014 and 2015 were the worst.

perhaps bunny game

user is batting a thousand on this one.
I was going to debate you on Endereal, but they literally can't let any of the others win that category, can they?

That's just an incredibly narrow perspective.

First off, you're trying to convince people who had fun with the game that the game they had fun with isn't actually fun. What is anyone supposed to learn from that? Instead, it's better to make a point about how the game as a whole objectively works badly/doesn't work/could be better/is flawed from a design standpoint. That way you can argue a game is shit, and that any fun you can have with it is largely subjectively. EYE: Divine Cybermancy is a fucking mess but that didn't stop me and the rest of Holla Forums pouring hundreds of hours in it. Which is funny, because despite the many things you can list that EYE does wrong, everyone keeps telling you it's fun shit, yet through listing a bunch of flaws is how others try to explain why you shouldn't play Overwatch.

Second, a lot of general threads like Overwatch, Payday 2, and Paladins are mostly inhabited by people who are playing the game and are still intent on doing so. So, by pointing out the game is shit, what would that achieve? They know it's shit, but they keep playing it because they think it's fun. For example, do you think people will actually start playing tactical shooters if you shitpost hard enough in Doom threads that their game is casual and Rainbow Six is better anyways? Hopefully this shouldn't be too hard of a concept to grasp, but at most you'll only keep away who people who may or may not want to try out the game. People are ignoring what you have to say because:
a) they have heard it over a thousand times already
b) you are posting with the intent of asserting superiority, not actual discussion, therefore what reason does anyone have to actually discuss anything with you if all you want to do is enforce arbitrary standards?
c) you most likely haven't even played the games in question and are repeating the tired talking points of others.

You can't really convince people to stop playing games when they are already playing them, even less so with multiplayer game. You'll either have to hope for an update which kills the fun or wait long enough until most people get bored of it. You can discourage new people, but telling an experienced player with over 100 hours in a game to stop playing it because it's not fun isn't going to work. I find it interesting that you consider anyone who thinks the latest AAA game isn't an irredeemable piece of trash must be a mouthbreathing redditor incapable of independent thought, especially here on Holla Forums (as if your taste is so great). Don't you see the irony in that? I find more value in someone who plays only AAA games, yet understands how they work from multiple levels, than someone who plays universally considered good-games like Deus Ex and Doom without understanding what made them so good. The former can elaborate their points and say something of interest, while the latter can only rehash what others said about the game, but hey, at least he's one of us people with taste, right?
To outright deny any positive opinions about AAA games is just intellectually dishonest. For years Halo has been derided as casual babby shit, but now that Halo is dead we had some actually good threads about it.

That's not even taking in account why they aren't posting in safe(r) spaces like /vg/, reddit, and other assorted forums. Or why only the newest and most popular seem to attract the justified shitposting brunt while other alleged casual magnets like Payday 2, Rainbow Six: Siege, Garry's Mod, TF2, Terraria, and FFXIV are conspicuously ignored by your shitposting force. Maybe you should try shitposting harder?

It's also interesting that you mention shitposting is the only solution we have left; it's not. I mean, look at what you're doing right now! You're not shitposting, you're actually taking the time to elaborate your standpoint with arguments! How come you haven't followed your own ideals and replied to me with a dismissive shitpost instead? Had I originally only shitposted in this thread, would you have gone as far as you did to make your point? I didn't shitpost and neither did you because we believe in setting examples (though I have no idea what you are thinking right now). If we want Holla Forums to improve, then we should begin with ourselves. What reason would anyone have to write up quality replies to a shitposter? What reason would anyone have to adhere to standards of quality if nobody does? So yeah, I can understand why shitposting seems like the only viable solution right now. But I don't believe in venting, I believe it's the wrong way with dealing with frustration, the feeling that comes with feeling powerless to influence the current situation because of the limited options you have. Therefore, I believe one should prioritize expanding their options.

Which brings us back to shitposting itself, and the supposition that through low-effort posts normalfags will eventually leave this board. Everytime I see someone doing something like that, I keep asking what their point is, although they rarely ever respond. Someone's gonna leave Holla Forums, but it won't be the normalfags. Just think about it. People are gradually learning to ignore people who make (1) sage post with nothing of value and no reason to reply to it. There's no point in getting upset at someone who's never going to reply back at you anyways. At most, shitposts are only going to annoy people, they're no destructive force of nature like you think it is. You'd either have to work hard to make threads downright unhabitable, at least before the hotpockets get off their asses. People aren't leaving or improving because you don't give them a reason to. Yes faggot, people aren't going to be honest law-abiding posters if all you do is reply to them with shitposts. The process involves co-op play. And even if you do regularly shitpost, you will only be considered a nuisance. Nothing more, nothing less. A recurring faggot everyone only makes fun of. Great job at saving the board, hero.
And finally,

Shitposting is not interesting

Seeing a (1) and dump sage post isn't interesting. Seeing rehashed talking points with no fresh perspectives isn't interesting. Shitflinging is not interesting. There's no compelling reason to reply to shitposts. Shitpost are shit because they are essentially filler posts, garbage, they contribute nothing. You could spend the same amount of effort into convincing people (or at least lurkers) or make an interesting case, give people to something to think about. Something they will remember and think about later.
I get it, you tried it in the Overwatch generals, only to fail at trying to convince anyone to quit playing the game or talking about it despite your valuable insight (because let's admit it, you didn't fork over the cash to play the game yourself and you instead had to rely on experience of others and gameplay videos, people tend to value actual experience more). So naturally, the only option left to counter the normalfag hordes is shitposting. Then let me ask you one last question:

How do I get people to stop talking about games I fear might attract other undesirables to Holla Forums?

Hint: It's not shitposting.
Hint 2: Try thinking outside the box!

didn't even think of this
A definite yes

Probably this. I enjoyed Steamworld Heist but its too small for a GotY. Underrail was late 2015, practically 2016 so it can't be GotY of 2016 and couldn't be 2015 one. EDF 4.1 is port but it's the best game of the year.

Wrong right off the bat. The point of the shitposting wasn't never about convincing people - I already stated that they cannot be convinced or reasoned with - it was about letting them know their normalfag tastes aren't welcome.

Uncharted 4 I would give GOTY honestly. best game in the series, improved on literally everything. especially the added exploration.

Yes its a console game, but it's actually fun, exciting, and long (for the high quality game that it is. definitely the longest of the Uncharted series)

ooh, thats the worms like game right? i need to take that for a spin

The bait this man uses should be outlawed.

I know it's bait, but Titanfall 2 was a really good fps. If the campaign was longer then 5 hours if would've been my GoTY.

BT is the best bro in any game.

Says who? Did you even try?

Maybe if you actually read my posts, you'd also know what I think about the effectiveness of shitposting and the futility thereof.

Another question, why aren't you trying to get mods to just delete the posts of people with taste you deem shit on top of banning them? Sure, it sounds like that's contesting one's freedom of speech but it's not like you would oppose the removal of normalfags if such a policy were to be implemented, would you?. Thankfully shitposting with an identical intention cannot be considered impeding one's freedom of speech.

total warhammer is better than any of those
Makes me sick to say it though, I hate that fucking game

No, that's bait

play retarded all you want, Uncharted 4 actually solved all the series' problems.

muh basketball american

Fuck you pleb!

Eh, at least it wouldn't be a full priced early access game or a fucking season pass.

I bet you thought Quake's soundtrack was shit too

They don't make games as high energy as this one anymore. Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo is just a fucking blast to play for all kinds of players. The rank system allows you to control the difficulty of the game through pick-up management and, to impossible levels like in embed related or from beginner's friendly. And the soundtrack is fucking jammin'.

What kind of atmosphere do you think nuDoom as a whole including the soundtrack was going for?

forgot to embed

Cyber-Satanic. Ya know, perfect for Industrial Metal. it's literally about a Human Facility that abuses Hell Energy and gets wiped out by its own medicine.

best answer

I didn't nominate any of that cuck built shit.

I nominated the only fucking game released this year that didn't fuck over the fans and didn't suck.

the only character that isn't a gimmicky piece of fuck is Machamp.

That fucking smash bros 0.5 belongs in the trash, otherwise.

I'm sure its prob a good game, but the example you've just shown is worse than an Assassin's Creed hidden blade counter-only battle.

Doom went from midi Slayer and Alice in Chains to this dull shit?

It gets better after 20 hours.

go back to bed, dad.

If that's the case, Inside should win that category. Games were never supposed to have stories. That's when it all went downhill

That's more of a description of the art direction itself than the actual feelings evoked by atmosphere. I know you might have people heard talking about 'a cyberpunk atmosphere', but only because most people know cyberpunk atmospheres imply a dark, gloomy, and depressive atmosphere. So how would cyber-satanic fit in that?

That was a bit of first level combat. The game is a 2.5d scroller platformer with timing based combat. Levels range from simple and linear to complicated as fuck. Dryad Kingdom and Hydrath Castle are quite large and full of weird and interesting shit.

But another part of the game not sucking is the fact that it's still faithful to the original amiga game to the point of keeping the key aspects.

They did recreate some of the classic tunes. Also, BFG League sounds a bit like Facing the Spider.

… have you never played a Doom game? They've always been about cyber-satanism.

There's LITERALLY Cyber-demons in the game.
Even QUAKE went Cyber-demonic after the first game.

from what I've heard it's good, and difficult enough for plebs to complain and give it low scores

The game gets better right away, and the better you get at it, the better the game gets as it has a sort of Platinum feel to the combat, especially later on when you meet opponents you can't stun and need to get behind, foes who you need to counter, foes who hit and run, foes who counterattack you, and then you fight all of them at once and need to be fast on the draw with everything you do.

It's rather enjoyable;

This battle shows off the fighting a bit better with some foes who can't be attacked right away, along with a tougher foe who needs to be countered or you can use a special domination attack and kill him outright.

You couldn't even notice the meme, go back to Reddit. This place isn't profitable for shills.

This thread has been taken over by Gaf so it seems.

too bad it's ps4 only then

That is the most damming thing about it…

I don't mind considering the game looks interesting from a scoring standpoint at least
Though the shilling would actually work if the game were available for PC instead

speaking of shilling PS4 games

if this game was for PC, I'd shill it fucking hard. It's just never fucking talked about because it's PSquad only.

Actually no, that's what Polygonner though it was and they got their shit wrecked because they can't play games that require any degree of forethought or not mashing a single button.

Anyway, those youtube links are only to videos that I can't get under the 12 mb limit. I hate linking to jewtube because as soon as you do, you're just a gafshill.

This year was pretty shitty for gaming…

looks great. give this game a try too. There's a PC version, but it's cucked because it's the PC and there's half the content compared to the PS4 version.

EDF was released on PC and the port wasnt shit along with Dragons Dogma
Shadow Warrior 2 and Total WaWa
Twas k

fuuuuuuuuuck how'd I forget that sonofabitch?

it's a 2015 game

I thought this game was pretty good
The devs aren't cucks are they? I really liked this game and I'd hate if it was actually SJW shit

so why would you care then?
if it's good, it can't be sjw

You should really do your research before playing the game instead of risking all those hours of play becoming meaningless

That makes sense…

creator has connections to some sjw types like nina freeman

Because that would mean instead of having fun I was really consuming propaganda

FUCK

Pretty sure it's just rdein and he's fine

I don't know if a port of a 20-year-old game is that much to be excited about, no matter how good the game is

that game actually looks like it would be a nice little playthrough for maybe 20 bucks. too bad it's not on PC.

when i first watched that webm i thought the bottom said "rage chan" and was like well that is just kawaii as fuck, why is that even there

as I said, sjw can't make games, therefore if the game is good it couldn't have been made by an sjw

it is if you consider it was released for the arcades and Sega Saturn only, on top of the new release including a new rearranged soundtrack by the original composer himself, a new arrange mode, a new helpful HUD, and so on

It actually is only 20, but yeah, the whole pc only is such a pain in the ass.

I haven't encountered any glitches and the game rewards you for not sucking at the combat.

I cdo not kind if a shill shills a game no one knows about, but nudoom fags should know no one is going to touch that piece of crap.

Leave or listen to what should have been the soundtrack to NuDoom.

i dont think that's exactly right
while i do think you're correct in that liberal mindsets are usually correlated with the inability to really be good at something, you can have good devs in the industry who may have been there a while and became SJWs over time. It's possible they can craft actually good games, the only question is how much agenda pushing is actually going on, if any. If I play a game and it's great and there isn't an ounce of progressive liberalism in there, I might go on later to look up the dev and find that they're insufferable faggots. The question then is, do I give them money for making an actually great game? Or do I withhold it (assuming I pirated at first to try it) based on a zero tolerance for anyone in the industry having that corrosive worldview (since that's exactly what SJWs do)?

the last hack and slash i truly enjoyed was Darksiders II. My only complaint with that game is that everything is a bit too easy, even on the most difficult setting, but I enjoyed the fluid controls and combat so much I played the everloving shit out of the arena. I wish I could find another really responsive and engaging hack and slash game on PC, but they seem really fucking far and few between.

i havent played it but from what ive seen, i cant understand why anyone would fucking want to pay for it. instant win button, invincible animations, everything just fucking casualized and piss-colored. This is coming from someone who's played Doom 3 well over two dozen times (I just love screaming through the game obliterating everything as quickly as i can), and I know plenty of people took issue with that change in gameplay in that.

Urge to kill at maximum

It's super smooth and responsive and really is a crying shame it's not on PC as well.

Maybe when the PS4 gets hacked, folks can finally experience it…

Yes. I've been trying since 2006 - they don't fucking listen. Why the fuck do you think the industry is able to sustain itself on shitty business practices and empty promises? The normalfags won't change even when they're staring the results of their continued ignorance right in the face. They'll see pre-launch content split up between 5 different special editions and say "but it's just giving people more options". They'll see content walled off behind microtransactions in retail games and say "but it's cosmetic/optional/extra/etc". They'll ignore every criticism because they're subjective and underdeveloped measure of fun matters more to them. They've readily subscribed to the subjective relativism and other ideals the game industry uses to prey on them and convince them into believing their bullshit, and online discussions aren't going to suddenly break their conditioning. It's like arguing with SJWs, there's no fucking point.
It's the job of the community to be the tastemakers, not the moderation. Of course this self-moderation defeats itself as soon as the community gets overrun by normalfags, hence why this shitposting seems so futile now as you put it. Normalfags are winning the culture war here, just like they have on cuck/v/, and now things can only go downhill from here. Try and "discuss" your reasonable criticism to brick walls that won't listen as much as you want or fling shit to try to discourage them and maybe delay the inevitable but none of it really matters now. The cancer is terminal.

ITT: 4cuck/plebbitors come out of the shadows of lurking.

From my experience it sounds like you're rather talking about reddit (or 4chan) instead of Holla Forums. You can place the taste of many here in question, though subjecting themselves to shitty business practices (unless you consider Steam one) is not something one can say about most people of Holla Forums.

There are people here that admit to paying for PS+ and XBL just to access internet they already pay for.
The Overwatch and MGSV threads show that people are perfectly fine with microtransactions in retail games.
The Paladin's threads show a willingly to support Hi-Rez despite being known for abandoning games not named Smite.
Discussion about Street Fighter V and formerly Battlefront shows that people are OK with early access AAA games.

Yes, there are people on Holla Forums that have and will continue to excuse shitty practices.

I agree with pretty much everything you have said. This site doesn't have the same culture it used too and I don't just mean Holla Forums pretty much every board has changed for the worst. However I think after Holla Forums falls from popularity it may improve slightly.

Still dull as shit

First I've heard of them but thats neither screamo nor metalcore
Do you know anything about music?

you are right there, but then good old devs mostly go to shit anyway recently, no matter if sjw or not
to address your question, I guess you should pay them for an actually good game, separate art from artist and all that

I got your dubs right here fag
Now suck my cock

My GOTY pick this year has to be

SUPER MARIO BROS 2

nuDoom is a fun game, what's the issue ?

that it's not fun

This is pretty garbage ngl

If you're trying to make a point, at least post good music.

Wew, those vocals a pretty low energy.

no its fun

Whats with all these faggots pushing the "These games are good really" garbage. First dishonored, then NuDoom, now e-sports shit.

Joins T&T and AAI:2 to form the holy trinity of orgasmic attorney experiences.

No idea, but I can't wait for them to go so this place can be 100% reddit territory again

It will probably be overwatch, but I personally think Doom of all games should get it. It was a reboot, but it was one that actually understands it's source material (the execution is questionable) but it's not another DMC of THI4F

youtube.com/watch?v=pmj96Rm0oiE

Mite b interesting.

NuDoom Denuvo cuckholds strike again

i've played 3/5 of those games and if i had to say one of them was fun it would be DOOM even if its casual as shit

uncharted 4 was a fucking abortion, i knew it was gonna be a casual little romp but it wasn't even a romp, it was a slow fucking crawl

overwatch is meh at best but can supply decent banter

DLC's count

fuck you niggas

Kill yourself.

nah

It would have to be DOOM because everything else in the list is absolute shit and the only problem with DOOM 2016 is that its name is DOOM, other than that its a fun game.

nice try faggot

the only one of those i played was bendoverwatch

where is the gook vidya?

Can we meme Joe to victory?

No Pedro, we won't meme vote for you.
You will never get your five pesos back.

i dunno, interest in best gook game 2016 died of pretty quick

edf 4.1 is 2013 vidya

just play the fucking game and have fun.

Is this supposed to be that scene from Intimidation Game or am I just seeing things?

oy yeah chaim you showed us

Wow, someone actually did it. Someone took the time and effort to make a high quality post on Holla Forums, what a mad man.

Anyone who doesn't consider either of pic related to be GOTY clearly hasn't played them and/or is a retarded faggot.

honorable mentions: DaS3, PC ports of older Japanese games (don't count for GOTY), UT4 (unfinished)

Devil Daggers is a great core for a game that isn't there
Don't be a fucking faggot

Mother Russia Bleeds.

name a game that came out this year with better gameplay than DD or Rabi Ribi. You couldn't even name one with better audio design or replayability.

Also if you think amount of weapons and levels = the only factors in gameplay then I strongly urge you to kill yourself so you can finally do some good for this world. Gameplay is all about depth and skill cap and DD certainly has both.

These, I know you are tired user, but you have my support.

Jumping around a square map killing randomly spawning enemies to get your score to go higher until you die and repeat it again is not good game design. I'm sorry. It's a great demo, but it's not a full game. There's no level design, there's no difficulty since you will have to die sooner or later, and most of all it's just very very repetitive.

Obduction, Odallus, Headlander, Redout, Hand of Fate, Brigador, House of the Dying Sun there's a lot of smaller indie games that not only have good gameplay, but also have everything else that should make a game.

I haven't played the other one so I honestly can't say. I'm sorry that you get so mad at someone telling you that your demo is a demo.

Shadow Warrior 2

you just described most arcade games and tin stick shooters, among others
if you want to dismiss them just because "you eventually die", then we have a problem

Sounds like a game to me.

Arcade games of that type were great 15 years ago, I'm honestly tired of playing the exact same shit with a slighly different flavor.

Didn't mean to quote that other guy.

Does it sound like GOTY material?
I didn't say it wasn't a game.

Your underage is showing. Arcade games have set enemy placements, level designs, and endings. Very early arcade games didn't have endings, but they were in no way random.

You should have known what posting that garbage would do to the thread

It was very fun, but not enough to play a 2nd playthrough

let's all write in One Man's Lies

you are right
there never were arcades in my country

I don't think there are write-in votes, unless you mean posting with the Game Awards hashtag on Twitter

Man, that sucks.

It does for me. As both a collectorfag and a /vr/ guy I'm currently after a PC Engine/TurboGrafx for all its sweet shmups, so any additional games about shooting things for points is just what I want. I'm not completely adverse to the idea of modern have yet, though, so I've been using the threads for recommendations so I guess I should be thanking you, actually.

modern *games, Jesus Christ

You seem to forget that we are in the [CURRENT YEAR], and while it has been great for PC ports and meme magic there haven't exactly been many noteworthy games. It really is between DD and a weaboobait bunny girl platformer/danmaku.

Name an arcade game that did this with bullet hell style enemies in a first person shooter

Normalfags don't give a shit about anything not named Mario/Zelda/Pokemon/Wii X

Well if you read you would know that the "Pc has no exclusives" meme is just a meme. But hey if you want to keep playing trash ports and triple a garbage you're welcome to keep doing so.

{[(Doom was okay)]}

I have to agree with the other people. Devil Daggers is great but can't really be compared with longer games. Nobody denied its gameplay, it's just that there's not much of a game there. Same reason mobile games shouldn't be considered.

Call me a shill but I legitimately like Titanfall 2.
The campaign kept me interested enough to keep playing through it and the MP is solid.

I thought I had a ton of screenshots from the multiplayer but I for some reason there's a ton missing.

Titanfall 2 is basically everything the first game should have been - which is nice because Titanfall 2 starts off as if the first game never happened.

NuDOOD was fun for exactly a playthrough, and lacked any longevity beyond that. Nightmare felt akin to taking a hand full of Ambient. Level design completely falls flat, due to the monotonous game design, that always leaves you with this safe cushion, done to retard-proof the game. As for the soundtrack, Bethesda decided to forgo a Metal OST, in favor of this very Electronic Industrial rock, that clashes with the Death/Thrash Metal atmosphere.

more proof that the team behind nuDOOM doesn't understand Doom.

Looks like it.

Rather, it looks like they wanted to sell more by pandering to the broader audience that enjoys electronic music over metal. Sad, really.

does anybody actually give a shit about these awards?

I guess there were only five or six people in that general, but Zachtronics has more fans than that. It's out of early access and the Avalon City level pack is out too, so maybe more people will get interested in it now.

No other new release comes close, only other release that does is the PC version of Dragon's Dogma.

and it worked
steamdb.info/app/379720/graphs/

It's like every other awards event, a bunch of people jerking each other off saying "we all are the best at what we do".

Yeah, I imagine. Mainstream audiences can't digest metal. Even the original Doom games only had midi renditions of metal songs, which makes them sound a lot more tolerable to the majority of people.

You mean GOATSE 2016?

I'm still here and I still love you user
Thank you for being you
Overcuck fad is dying
Especially here and fortunately there are still half decent posters and boards.
Its not much, certainly not the quality of 2014.
But its what we have and its still pretty ok, especially considering the alternatives.
Just make sure to remember those cancerous faggots that they're not welcome here even if the moderators hotpocket like the kikes some of them are.
If they're left running rampant with no resistance thats when it will all fall apart.
Lets at least try to maintain it until its inevitable end which has been sped up by constant exodus and Josh
I know you're tired, I am too

Yeah that sounds about right.
Inside is not a bad game, but I can count off the top of my head at least 5 other indie games that came out this year better than that one.

But seriously there were quite a few decent games this year.
It's just that the people behind these nominations are retarded faggots who are so stupid they vote for game of the year before that year has actually ended.
I'm pretty sure most of the game journos who voted for this lineup are what can easily be called casuals, these are the things casuals would like.

Fucking remind me what the thread was about user.
I cant remember for the life of me

I wonder if next year we will still have to suffer SJW bullshit being shoehorned in our beloved vidya

I am going to be so fucking glad if this is the only thread there'll be on this cancer.

'Shit shit shit shit, undeniable proof that you're gay, shit shit shit shit. Just post that'

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991345488/

I wonder if the creators of this know that their institution has no credibility?