byond.com/games/DarkerEmerald/TLC
1drv.ms/u/s!AuitT696k6UwgUXBYpQ3fq2PApno
byond.com/games/Godsring/DungeonMaster
discord.gg/phqun47
byond.com/forum/?post=1934300&first_unread=1
byond.com/forum/?post=1887547&first_unread=1
discord.gg/fjhj8Qj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only BYOND game worth anything is SS13 and its derivatives.

Also, CowRP

pastebin.com/FNgYH23a

I've never played any of them because, while I can write well, I've never tried my hand at that kind of forum roleplay esque stuff

Resident Evil Online.

I was never able to clear WTF mode.

Favorite is obvious.

Now on steam greenlight
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=711035468

SS13 isnt the only game though

ruh roh

There was that one remake of FF4 which got taken down at some point. Some anons from 4/vr/ found an enhanced fork of it hosted on some unlisted server, but the guy running it was an autistic faggot. He didn't even want to share the source code so that the community could help to improve the game or host a better server away from his tyrannical rule.

It still suffered from "BYOND lag" though. Isn't that shit fixable with a single variable?

There were also all those Chao RPG's and weird Dragon Ball MMO's. Good times.

There was Dungeon Master, a game about handling a group of menbers from a race, roleplaying with them and through them as you fought against other players.

You could have a group of humans and have them perform tasks like farming, mining or crafting things and equip them all, plus train for fighting and explore the world.

Most fun for me was playing as a spider since I could dig around, make tiny holes for my brood and then have them follow me as we hunt the overworld. Had some spiders fishing and others dragging fish back to the Hive.
At one point, a Gargoyle (another player) moved in with me. He was much stronger in combat but he needed gems to eat that I left behind when mining since I had no use for them.

Really wish someone took that concept and made a better game about it.

I used to play a game called "Hogwarts: A History", it was this online Harry Potter game where you grinded a lot and after you got a high enough level, the only reason you played the game was to idle in the OOC chat and wave your dick about how much you grinded. Would have been pretty awesome if it had "replayability" and the moderators weren't literal 14 year olds.

CowRP was really fucking fun. Too bad the moderators were cancerous SJW fucks. I couldn't even beat my wife without a perma-ban by IP.

Byond is the idea guy's paradise, it's a real shame it's garbage and the sorts of people who used it and learned to use it could have probably at least learned a real casual-tier language in the same timeframe. The only thing it really provides that you can't do too easily is the networking, and it doesn't do that particularly well. You can do comparable shit in Java with two hours and dick in hand.
Dungeon Master sounds cool as fuck, but it seems to fall short on
SS13 forces you to learn to interact with complex/time-consuming tasks to get cool shit.
SS13's UI is deceptively well made and intricate, capable of handling large numbers of actions with 1/10 the buttons on this game's UI, as it seems
but otherwise pretty good

I have one of the Hogwarts games host files, it might be that one…

Im hosting FF The Hunting Grounds which is similar to FF Legacy but more akin to the earlier Final Fantasy games before IV

Link to the server is byond://73.66.45.93:49990

Could also be The Wizard's Chronicles. I never liked that one, it was basically H:aH with even more ripped assets and less content. Also it was horribly unbalanced but the game managed to survive longer than HaH somehow, likely because the community was close-knit.

Damn I wanna play there, are there any servers running it?

there is "the last conflict" which is what REO2 became…
byond.com/games/DarkerEmerald/TLC

of you can get the host files for the original right here
1drv.ms/u/s!AuitT696k6UwgUXBYpQ3fq2PApno

There was one I used to play when I was younger where everyone was stuck in a school and had to survive while one of them was secretly a murderer who had to kill everyone else to win.
It was fun, but filled with dumb sensitive faggots who would try to ERP or metagame. Last I heard, it died and some other guy made a spinoff.

I don't know if the original by Ginseng is outright impossible to find, as it's certainly not available on Byond, but there is apparently a remake in the works. Last updated in October. Looks barebones, but there's hope. The concept sounds very interesting, and makes me regret missing out. Only ever dabbled a tiny bit in SS13, never looked at the rest of Byond.

byond.com/games/Godsring/DungeonMaster

Harry Potter Quest for the Elder Wand is the one I have

That would be Mitadake High. someone was trying to revive the community even making a discord for it

discord.gg/phqun47

Never heard of it. Might actually be a Fork of The Wizards Chronicles because TWC went Open Source a while ago.

I see…

Wanted to let the people here know that there is an active project to preserve both BYOND games & Source Code.

if anyone has either of the two types of files that they would like preserved, please post in these threads

Host Files
byond.com/forum/?post=1934300&first_unread=1

Source Code
byond.com/forum/?post=1887547&first_unread=1

also for those who are curious, all these files are public for anybody to download, whether you feel like playing an nostalgic game or working on source code to make it better.

link doesn't work for me, it can't connect
Is your server down?

possibly, ive been having issues with my net… try again

So apparently it just doesn't wanna install the game files to be able to actually connect to the server. which i'm assuming is the issue i'm having trying to connect as well, is there a way to skirt around installing it from the client and just manually install it. it's been far too long since i've dicked around with BYOND to remember.

nevermind, it's downloading things now. the server is "up" but oh damn is this going to be some 400+ms high jinks judging from the download speeds.

my network hasnt been that great since comcast started digging up the lines out by where I live. I plan on calling them tomorrow to see what the problem is.

That's what it was.
Didn't realize it was so dead now.
Good on that guy for trying to revive things but I can't see most people other than me coming back to it.

give it time, with a little advertising, new & old players alike would come play the game and return it to its former glory

oh god you poor soul hosting with comcast. godspeed. either way since I've not played this game mode at all for byond, i can just assume it's going to be classic turn based right ? and not SS13 shenanigans where you have to robust the fuck out of things. so high ping isn't going to be much of a problem.

yea, its a classic turn based battle system. I also plan on leaving the server on all night as well

YOU FUCKING NIGGER
it's okay it's way faster this time

again, I apologize… Comcast is the true culprit on this one.

1MB upload speed my ass…Thing doesnt even go higher than 200kb/s

maybe you misread 1mbps as 1mb, as 1mpbs up would get you around 200kb/s

fuck i remember playing icon ultima with my bro, making an icon shop and jewing people was fun.

I remember walking around as a dick I drew in Dream Maker. Even had my own cute little animation for it. It would wiggle every time I walked.

IU is a classic, but you cant forget about Arthosa's Icon Chatterz.

Ss4gogeta0 is me

i'll just assume the server's been taken down.

yea sorry, had a disconnect from modem being reset by comcast… i had to reconfigure the ports and will be hosting it in a minute

FF:THG = byond://73.66.45.93:49990

Mitadake High = 73.66.45.93:49991

oh neat. Guess i'll hop back on and continue murdering things

Oh, god, I reinstalled that shit client and I have no idea what I'm doing. How the fuck do you directly connect to a server again?

Nevermind, I'm retarded.

Mitadake High now has a discord chat…

discord.gg/fjhj8Qj

I played FFTHG and FFO a lot
They were shit

Different strokes for different folks

No I played them way too much
That doesn't stop either of them from being shit. Too bad THG was never finished though.

Well, at least the game is comfy enough to grind in, decent music ripped from most of the FF games, and perplexing enough Castlevania

Gogeta and I are trying to get Mitadake to work, if anyone else wants to join.

Death mountain is suffering as a whitemage

yea, I plan on hosting atleast every weekend until we get the playerbase back up.

discord.gg/fjhj8Qj

heres the discord

screenshot from a week or so ago

this one is pretty fun, was just playing it for a while. a little glitchy

well, found the best thing to grind for in death mountain so far.

I hope all is going good with the server